Options

[FFBE] New story event with Duke and Mystea! Get your crysts, and fan festa rewards

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Then that is the plan!

In other news, Luka's enhancements are dope. Even at +1 Priestess Miracle and Regenerate are really really good.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Christ, I'm running Pro just because it's two turns compared to 15 on ELT.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yeah, ELT is basically a check of:

A) do you have two very strong (ie. 900+) chaining units? If so, can you chain perfectly with them? If so, you can wrap it up by turn 2 or 3.

or

B) Do you have two Frevia? If so, even if you can't chain at all, you can wrap it up by like turn 5.

If neither A or B are true, enjoy your 10+ rounds of fighting this guy, regardless of your team's strength.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    If I get a friend Tidus or A2 I can usually kill it fast, assuming he drops defense first. Otherwise, yeeeeah.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »

A) do you have two very strong (ie. 900+) chaining units? If so, can you chain perfectly with them? If so, you can wrap it up by turn 2 or 3.

or

B) Do you have two Frevia? If so, even if you can't chain at all, you can wrap it up by like turn 5.

If neither A or B are true, enjoy your 10+ rounds of fighting this guy, regardless of your team's strength.

a breaker and rikku make ELt a big old joke

it's just a massive slog even with my busted party and not enjoyable

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Depending on whether Shadow Lord lowers his DEF or SPR first, I can finish in 2-3 turns or 4-5 turns. Agris, Orlandeau and friend Orlandeau can off him most of the time in one turn when his DEF is down, but sometimes it takes another turn. If he lowers his SPR first, I have to wait until he switches to DEF so I can lay into him. It's just a chore having to wait, which just makes the grind even more of a slog. I mean, I shouldn't complain, as I can reliably clear ELT when others have trouble, but I just miss being able to OTK raid bosses like Shadow Bahamut. Shadow Lord is too much like Mog King Counter Attack, which is just annoying.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »

or

a breaker and rikku make ELt a big old joke

it's just a massive slog even with my busted party and not enjoyable

I mean yeah, WoL and Rikku reduce his damage to a pitiful amount, but still without the exact combination of a strong chaining duo combined with the ability to chain perfectly or dual Freyvia, you're going at least 8 rounds. It's absolutely a total slog.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah I know what they were going for with something unique but if he becomes immune to phy for 3 turns it just becomes annoying since i'm doing this 15+ times a day.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Say goodbye to your lunch break. Also get up early to use up orbs before work.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Do I need more than 2 Shantottos? Seems to be a beastly chainer for being a 5* max, but I dunno how far that goes.

30% mag tm isnt a bad thing.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I remember why I don't usually use Lapis to refreah NRG for my TM farm macro to go over night. Since there's not much to use NRG on this week, using as much NRG on TM farming is a great idea, especially if I can do some while I"m sleeping. I've discovered that when my macro goes overnight , it'll bring me to 0 NRG and I can just let my NRG refill through the day and then TM farm when I get home.

But, I decided to refill my NRG before going to bed last night and then put my macro on, and it just crashed out the game after a little bit (guessing based on my rank XP and unit trust not having moved much), so I just wasted that Lapis because that NRG wasn't really used. I just need to stick to what I've been doing and just TM farm wheb I'm awake and can keep an eye on it. Only refill NRG if there's time left before I go to bed

In other TM news, though, I've finally started farming stuff for Fryevia. I've got 4 Inguses and VotL in the grind now. Since I don't have Genji Glove, I have to use DW on Fryevia, which means two Ingus TMs and VotL's TM for materia. I have a few more Inguses I can farm later in case I need them (might farm them for Ashe), but I like the HP boost from VotL's TM. Only thing I'd need after thise is Marie's Rainbow Robe and two Magistral Crests. Might use moogles for the robe, though, I should have enough.

Zomro on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    For ELT I look for Fryevia friends. If one doesn't show up then it's a real slog. If he does SPR break then it's a slog. But at least with a Fryevia I can do about 20% damage a turn.

I'm now using Rem strictly for healing and status removal. She doesn't even attack anymore.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I've got ELT down to a 3-turn KO, regardless of which break he does. This is pretty much only possible due to having a Fryevia, though, and this raid looks like it sucks big-time for anyone without a good hybrid attacker (so...VoL or Fryevia).

• Options
    If he starts with a Phy break I can KO him in turn 1. If he does Mag break I have to wait till turn 4 to KO.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    It takes me 2 turns of Physical attacks to take him down, but I have it down pretty well at this point. Tightening up my chaining macro via Notepad helped a ton.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    What teams are you all using?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WoL, Ling, Refia (mostly useless, could sub in a better buffer like Soleil [if I had enhancements done] or even FV), Randi, Fryevia, Friend Fryevia.

Round 1: buffs/breaks/setting up Power charge.
    Round 2: FFB, FFB, Whirlwind slash
    Round 3: FFB, FFB, Whirlwind slash, RIP Shadow Lord.

• Options
    A2 WoL Soleil Luka Firion + friend A2

Round 1: Buff up and flip a coin on his first change. Arms Eraser always.
    Round 2: Turtle up if he broke SPR. Otherwise buff ATK with Soleil and OHC chain + Fin Briar
    Round 3: Repeat round 2, dead
    Round 4: If I'm this far then he broke SPR first and just broke DEF. buff ATK with Soleil and OHC chain + Fin Briar
    Round 5: HE DED for sure

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    WoL, Rikku (could be an empty slot), Tilith, Dark Veritas, A2 + Friend Orlandeau

WoL Breaks ATK/MAG, Tilith buffs ATK/DEF/SPR/MAG, DV Abyss Guards, A2 Dash Attacks, Friendlandeau Guards. Rikku casts Synthesis, but she really doesn't need to be there. If he becomes immune to physical, Rikku HyperNullAlls and Tilith casts Goddess's Miracle to clear status effects and heal up the minor damage Shadowlord did, then I hit repeat for 3 turns.

Once vulnerable to physical, refresh ATK buff, DV & Orlandeau chain while A2 uses Finisher to hit for 1.4 & 1.5m

Edit: It is at this point that I remember I have my own Orlandeau I could use to chain faster.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I'm using WoL, Soleil (two awakened dances), Marie (awakened Love You All and Lovely Guard), Agrias (awakened DR and Knighthood), Orlandeau and I take a friend Orlandeau.

Marie can be swapped for Minfilia or Cerius for dark resist, and a healer can be swapped in for Agrias (would lose damage output, but need them heals). Soleil can be replaced with other buffers, defense buffs don't seem as necessary as breaking ATK / MAG. I usually have WoL Brave Presence on turn 1 to absorb SL's single target paralysis attack, but he can break ATK / MAG instead. I use Orlandeau's Crush Weapon on turn 1 since I can't hurt him anyway.

If SL breaks the wrong defense stat first (in my case, SPR), then you have to wait him out. He'll swap on turn 3, so have everyone guard (WoL uses Light is With Us on turn 2 and guards turn 3, he soaks like a beast) because he'll dispel any debuffs on himself.

Zomro on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Fryevia x2, WoL, Veritas of the Flame, Tilith, and Paul

Turn 1 - WoL breaks Atk/Mag, FV buffs Atk/Mag 80%, Tilith buffs everything 40%, Paul pilfers, Fryevia chain to imperil and do maybe 3% damage because every little bit helps.

Turn 2 - WoL uses Light is With Us, because you can't be too careful, Fryevias chain with FV finishing, unless SPR is broken, in which case FV uses his damage mitigation ability. Tilith does nothing and Paul is dead.

Turn 3 - Another round of attacks to finish him off.

I'm thinking of equipping pilfer on Tilith or WoL to get that extra little bit of Gil during the turns when they're sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

• Options
    Tilith, WoL, TGCid, VotD, VotF, and friend VotD or Cid.

Round 1: Break atk, buff 90% atk with FV, boost dark with VotD, hit DV with TGCid to get the 50% holy imperil.

Round 2: Hold and reapply buffs in the next turn if he broke SPR. If he's phy vuln, chain VotD and TGCid's with fixed dice VotF.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I have Tilith/Rikku/WoL/A2/TGC/A2. The DPS does DR/OHC no matter what, and the support goes CL/Eccentrick/Arms. If it goes physical, hit repeat, collect stuff. SPR break means Rikku or Tilith switches to status cure and WoL does Light, but everything else is the same.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    I remember why I don't usually use Lapis to refreah NRG for my TM farm macro to go over night. Since there's not much to use NRG on this week, using as much NRG on TM farming is a great idea, especially if I can do some while I"m sleeping. I've discovered that when my macro goes overnight , it'll bring me to 0 NRG and I can just let my NRG refill through the day and then TM farm when I get home.

But, I decided to refill my NRG before going to bed last night and then put my macro on, and it just crashed out the game after a little bit (guessing based on my rank XP and unit trust not having moved much), so I just wasted that Lapis because that NRG wasn't really used. I just need to stick to what I've been doing and just TM farm wheb I'm awake and can keep an eye on it. Only refill NRG if there's time left before I go to bed

In other TM news, though, I've finally started farming stuff for Fryevia. I've got 4 Inguses and VotL in the grind now. Since I don't have Genji Glove, I have to use DW on Fryevia, which means two Ingus TMs and VotL's TM for materia. I have a few more Inguses I can farm later in case I need them (might farm them for Ashe), but I like the HP boost from VotL's TM. Only thing I'd need after thise is Marie's Rainbow Robe and two Magistral Crests. Might use moogles for the robe, though, I should have enough.

SB Fina's swimsuit is better than maries robe if you have it (For Freyvia atl least)... i mean absolutely get maries robe eventually its great, just not BIS for frey.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »

SB Fina's swimsuit is better than maries robe if you have it (For Freyvia atl least)... i mean absolutely get maries robe eventually its great, just not BIS for frey.

With the caveat that you'll lose a ton of survivability due to lower DEF, SPR, and resists. Not sure the relatively low increase in MAG is worth it (unless you're just gonna OTK it anyway, and then by any means boost that epeen stat as high as possible)

• Options
    Well I'm back up to 14k rank from 1200 yesterday. So it was fun while it lasted.

• Options
    Now I have 3 Shantottos I guess??? And a 3rd Vanille of all things. Why can you give me Hope instead, game????

• Options
    Oh a question - is this like other raids where you can lose and still get the raid currency but not get exp/rank points either? I am close to ranking up and want to maximize what I get out of it.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Yes, that's a standard thing thankfully. Just get him as close to 0 and then die.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Usually once the TMR macro crashes, it will click the FFBE icon on the desktop screen and restart the game. If FFBE crashed during the quest phase, the macro will continue TMR farming. If it crashed outside of the quest, the macro will get stuck.

With the introduction of the new story content, I've discovered that crashing while outside of the quest will result in the TMR macro going to Sylph's Cavern and doing the quests there. Those quests are prime rank farming spots, but that's not what I want.

I think I'm going to move the FFBE icon someplace where the macro won't click it. That means that any crash anywhere will result in the macro getting stuck, but at least I won't risk waking up to an empty energy bar and a slight increase in rank exp.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    90% Evade Noctis with no Ring of the Lucii. I'm so close!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I always forget that you can let the raid boss kill you and you still get raid points based on damage you dealt. That really helped as I'm real close to ranking. Gonna let the TM macro rank me up!

• Options
    This game. Jesus... This game.

7 tickets... 2 golds... Third Xon and second Victoria. I'd love to have Werwei or whatever his name is. But that is what the game does... It knows you would like a unit and then it throws everything else at you because it wants your money.

You'd think that by having 4 gacha games going at once I'd get lucky at least in one of them on my pulls. Sigh... Well it's what I get for not spending money. If I did then I'd have the units I want.

Must hold on to my lapis for Cloud and/or Sephiroth.

• Options
    2x Victoria is nothing to sneeze at, mind! She's a top end magic chainer

• Options
    2x Victoria is nothing to sneeze at, mind! She's a top end magic chainer

I... I already have 2 Ashes. I know it's not really something to complain about though haha, but wouldn't 2 Ashes be better than 2 Victorias? I dunno.

I'll have their TMRs though so that's nice.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Victoria's move, Overflow, is Dark element and has the same damage increase mechanic as Thundaja etc. Ashe is the win for elementless, but if you can safely use dark and get the target imperiled.......

EDIT: and it's 10 hits like Heaven's Fury.

LuvTheMonkey on
  • Options
    Sounds like she's a great partner with DV then. Maybe I'll get him and be able to partner them. Didn't realize that spell was that good... Does it get cast twice with DW?

• Options
    no it's an ability, but for weeks where black magic is banned from the arena it'll be great to chain. I'm slowly working towards leveling mine up to replace ExDeath on my arena team. Also some what overlooked, her MAG stat is pretty close to T.Terra (one of the best) and she's a 4* base.

• Options
    Goddamn, I want to take advantage of this bonus rate increase for cactuars, but I need to not do story missions so I can go get Sacred )@$*) Crystals.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    do the story missions now while they are cheap

bosses occasionally drop sacred crystals anyway