As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] New story event with Duke and Mystea! Get your crysts, and fan festa rewards

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Woo! Welcome to team Fryevia!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Welp it looks like I need to reinstall Nox because FFBE doesn't launch and the Google Play Store won't fucking launch either. Sigh.

You can just download the APX package and manually install it by dragdropping it onto Nox. I don't bother getting the play store working on my Nox.
    https://apkpure.com/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFBEWW

I tried that too but it wouldn't go. Oh well... Reinstalling Nox helped and it overwrote what was there so my macros were still working fine.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    I had a 10+1 ticket sitting in my inventory that I didn't know about, so I decided to use it. Got Rosa, Ashe, and a 5-star Freyvia. I know nothing about Freyvia other than Cruor's is absolutely beastly.

And my Fryevia isn't even as beastly as she could be! She requires a ridiculous amount of TMRs for her "best in slot" build. She can pull off various good builds, though, including one that utilizes Equip Rod and Rod Mastery materias (which cuts down on the amount of Letters and Arms TMRs you'd need).

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I had a 10+1 ticket sitting in my inventory that I didn't know about, so I decided to use it. Got Rosa, Ashe, and a 5-star Freyvia. I know nothing about Freyvia other than Cruor's is absolutely beastly.

And my Fryevia isn't even as beastly as she could be! She requires a ridiculous amount of TMRs for her "best in slot" build. She can pull off various good builds, though, including one that utilizes Equip Rod and Rod Mastery materias (which cuts down on the amount of Letters and Arms TMRs you'd need).

You may want to play around with the calculator and see if L&A on a one needle build really is better than 30% mag. I seem to recall full L&A builds were for dual needle builds.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options

You may want to play around with the calculator and see if L&A on a one needle build really is better than 30% mag. I seem to recall full L&A builds were for dual needle builds.

I ran into the strange situation where I, shortly after pulling Fryevia, pulled three Ingus to go with my one I had already. L&A availability never really was an issue for me, and I actually had better access to L&A than I did 30% MAG. Hell, I farmed up three of the Ingus and haven't touched the fourth one because I don't have Genji Glove.

But yes, 30% MAG would probably be just fine in place of L&A.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    EggyToast wrote: »
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    EggyToast wrote: »
    Hmm, I should probably do some trials. I've only done up to Surging Menace...

Um, yes? What have you been doing?!

Farming TMRs, duh!

I also haven't done any of Pharm. Or the Gronoa Explorations!

Wh-wh.. what are you farming those TMRs for?

Gotta catch 'em all.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I am 0.5% Trust away from Mana Blade. And then I'm about 35% away from Champion Belt #2.

Randi, your time is so soon. So very soon.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm trying the Nox thing. It's a bit more tiring to play, but on the other hand now I actually see what people mean about holding on units for their status. It works here, whereas on the phone sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. I might see about finding one of those script thingies so I can click it before going to bed so it can spend my remaining energy for me in a TMR farm team.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I am 0.5% Trust away from Mana Blade. And then I'm about 35% away from Champion Belt #2.

Randi, your time is so soon. So very soon.

2 Champion belts do stack correct?

• Options
    Correct. My Randi will be at 295% ATK stack, which is just about as close as I can push him.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular

What are TMRs?

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options

What are TMRs?

Trust Master Rewards. Most units have them, and a lot of them are very powerful weapons/armor/accessories/materia. They're a luxury and not needed for the story content. However, if you want your units to be the best they can be, they probably need a few TMRs.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Trust_Master_Reward

The wiki does a really good job of describing them.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Man, this Beasts of the Dark trial is driving me crazy, specifically the 'No KO' mission. I just don't see how it can be done. I've got WoL, Rikku, Tidus, Tilith and Olive all with between 5-7k HP and I follow the strats I'm reading to a tee but still, even with the Pod 153 damage reduction one of my people manages to get murdered when either Ifrit or Siren focuses on them for more than a second. I've managed to burn over 200 energy on this stupid mission already and without every one of my units geared to the teeth with TMRs (at which point, why even bother) I just can't get it done.

Oh well, at least I finished it once for the ifrit's claw.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I'm pretty sure I just TGCid cheesed it. Did you watch this?

I'm surprised you can't 1 hit them with a tidus chain. EDIT: looks like he's not getting a perfect chain.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Try and find a friend Marie. Keep up Tidus' Water Res, and you should be reducing most of their damage.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I just TGCid cheesed it. Did you watch this?

I'm surprised you can't 1 hit them with a tidus chain. EDIT: looks like he's not getting a perfect chain.

I did, that's the strat I tried to follow to begin with but that person has a bunch of TMRs and things I just don't have. At least I was able to finish it that way.

I actually have a Marie of my own, though not at all well geared. That's an idea, though - maybe just maintain Love You All and the Pod 153 shield/Hyper Null All and see if that carries us through.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    *goes through routine of doing the daily quests for the free ticket* "And now let's daily pull, because why not, it's more exciting than friend poin...oh, the crystal's rainbow. Fuck, there goes my luck for Onion Knight."

Veritas of the Dark

I take it back. Off-banner rainbow, woo. Streak still intact! :D

Characters
  • Options
    Mana Blade get! Just need to finish off this last Champion's Belt and my boy gets his time in the sun. As per the unit calculator, he should have 1089ATK on Odin very soon.

• Options
    I should probably fire up Ye Olde Emulator again. Getting some choice TMRs that could use cooking.

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Try and find a friend Marie. Keep up Tidus' Water Res, and you should be reducing most of their damage.

This did the trick, thanks for the suggestion! Swapping Olive out for my Marie with awakened Love You All made the fight last longer but no one ever even dipped halfway into their health pool (and what was lost was immediately replaced with LYA's heal). No KO mission down. Now to never touch that fight ever again and start prepping for Aigaion.

• Options
    Looks like the game is up. Seeing reports that the FP Multi-Summon has been updated to pull 50 units at a time.

Fucking nice. Looks like I can burn through my max points bow without feeling like I want to die from tedium.

• Options
    Looks like the game is up. Seeing reports that the FP Multi-Summon has been updated to pull 50 units at a time.

Fucking nice. Looks like I can burn through my max points bow without feeling like I want to die from tedium.

Finally! 10,000-point summon!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's not the pulling thats the main problem its the merging.

• Options

Merging is indeed a big drag, but now that they've streamlined the pulling some it takes the sting out of it somewhat.

Also, the only units that I merge now are units with Killer materia. The rest get the Sell -> Sort by "New" -> Melt down for Gil treatment.

• Options

Merging is indeed a big drag, but now that they've streamlined the pulling some it takes the sting out of it somewhat.

Also, the only units that I merge now are units with Killer materia. The rest get the Sell -> Sort by "New" -> Melt down for Gil treatment.

Agreed, I only bother merging the killer materia TMRs. And Camouflage. The rest are garbage.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular

Agreed, I only bother merging the killer materia TMRs. And Camouflage. The rest are garbage.

I used to do the +10% HP one as well, since it's good filler, but then I got 20 Follower's Oaths.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Daily draw gave me Veritas of the Light this morning :D

• Options
    Gratz! you guys get all your luck out of the way before tomorrow. more Onion knights for us non-pulling people who will likely drain our wallets again.

• Options
    I am gonna save my tickets this banner. I don't need Onion Knight since I have so many good damage dealers already, Desch would be ok for his TMR (for Olive, mostly) but not really needed, Aria would be a side-grade from Refia.

Gonna save my tickets for the next great healer/tank option.

• Options
    Is Onion Knight the be-all-end-all for chainers/damage dealers or is he just 'great as long as you don't already have Orlandeau/VotD/Frey/A2/Tidus'?

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Is Onion Knight the be-all-end-all for chainers/damage dealers or is he just 'great as long as you don't already have Orlandeau/VotD/Frey/A2/Tidus'?

I was coming in here to ask the very same question.

I have Orlandeu/Aileen/Tidus/a Luneth with 9S Pod. It doesnt really feel like I absolutely need Onion Knight.

And with Tilith, Luka, Refia, Ysthola, Rem and Marie in my box as well as Cecil, WoL and VoE it doesnt seem like i need to pull on any banner for a very long time?

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    He's got some interesting utility in that he can buff elemental resistances and has a lot of elemental chaining options in his kit. He also has really high base ATK (192 after pots) and innate DW. He's like Tidus+ in that he has elemental utility but is hard as hell to chain with.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    He's not really that much of a standout that you'd need him if you have any of the others.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Review from Reddit:
    Rarity: 5* to 6*;

Role: Physical Chainer

Global Party Rating: S Rank

Another 5* bomb released back to back, Onion Knight is here! With a whopping, all time high, base 158 ATK (+34 with pots) and an amazing +80% ATK from passives, OK reaches a stupidly high 345 ATK.

Equipment selection completely backs that up, as he’s able to wield a crapload of weapons: Daggers, Swords, Greatswords, Katanas, Rods, Staves, Bows, Axes, Hammers, Spears, Harps, Throwing Weapons and Knuckles and wear All types of Armour except Robes. Due to his innate Sword Mastery (+50% ATK when equipped with Sword) and TMR, you’ll definitely be wielding a sword in one hand, while the excellent innate Dual Wield (Wield Two Weapons), elemental-imbued chaining moves and weapon selection allows you to freely pick your second weapon.

Supporting skillset consists of Mountain (+100% Blind/Paralyze/Petrify Resist), providing some excellent ailment immunities, Auto-Refresh (Recover 5% MP per Turn) for some MP sustain and Undead Killer (50% Physical Damage vs Undead) as his only killer. There’s also Light Guidance (+30% Fire/Water/Wind/Earth Resist), which provides innate elemental resistance and goes along extremely well with his chaining moves.

His damaging kit is extremely varied, but comprised of only chaining skills. He has access to 4 Splendors: Splendor of the Wind/Water/Fire/Earth (380% ST 12 Hit Wind/Water/Fire/Earth Physical Attack & AoE 3 Turn +70% Earth/Fire/Water/Wind Resist), all of them sharing an excellent 7-frames between hits and giving crazy elemental resistance to the opposite element, granting elemental immunity for OK and a great buff for your team. Even though the frame data is nice, the hit-count is unique, thus Onion Knight can only properly chain with a copy. The lack of any sort of innate imperil means bringing someone with it is crucial for proper damage dealing.

If those elements don’t suit you, you can always rely on Onion Slice (400% ST 12 Hit Physical Attack) for chaining, with the exact same frame data, a slightly higher modifier, but no imbued element. If you need AoE, but can afford a lower modifier, Asthma Allergy (yes, really) (220% AoE 12 Hit Physical Attack) provides the same frame data and hitcount.

Finally, there’s LB support in the form of Protection of the Crystal (LB Fill Rate +100%) and Auto-Limit (Gain 1 LB crystal per Turn). The LB itself is Twin Swords (680% -> 800% AoE 16 Hit Physical Attack & AoE 3 Turn +50% -> +105% ATK & AoE 3 Turn -50% -> 74% DEF Debuff), offering excellent chain potential, a fantastic ATK buff and a top tier DEF break. It costs 24 crystals and the frame data is really wonky, so you can only chain with another OK, which you’ll be bringing anyways.

As a final note, his TMR is rather special, as it unlocks a chaining skill for Onion Knight only: Onion Cutter (520% ST 16 Hit Physical Attack). It’s a strict upgrade to Onion Slice (same frame data too!), having a higher hit count (so slightly higher chain modifier) and significantly higher modifiers.

Global Trust Mastery Rating: Onion Sword - +135 ATK, Grants Bladeblitz & Onion Cutter (Onion Knight Only) - Sword - S Rank

The strongest elementless Sword in the game by a large margin, still standing to this point in JPN. Not only that, but granting OK a fantastic chaining ability, making this a must farm, if you get him.

• Options
    Just curious, could someone who is better at math figure out which is better and by how much: Bracer + 30% attack materia or Desch's Earring + Hill Digger? Not sure how % and straight boosts work out. You'd lose 20% attack, but gain 15 Attack and 15% more HP.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    I'm so drained on resources and cash money. So on the bright side I have so many other units I still haven't managed to deck out yet. Also, this guy isn't going anywhere!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Just curious, could someone who is better at math figure out which is better and by how much: Bracer + 30% attack materia or Desch's Earring + Hill Digger? Not sure how % and straight boosts work out. You'd lose 20% attack, but gain 15 Attack and 15% more HP.

It depends on the unit, since %ATK is based off of that unit's base ATK (plus/minus pots).

For example, let's take Orlandeau (base 189 ATK with pots)

With Bracer and +30%ATK materia: 30 + (30% of 189...57) = 87
    With Desch + Hill Dagger: 45 + (10% of 189...19 due to rounding) = 64

Desch + Hill Dagger loses out by 23 ATK

Cruor on
  • Options
    Review from Reddit:
    -

Thanks for this, it certainly helps put things into context for me. This piece in particular
    Even though the frame data is nice, the hit-count is unique, thus Onion Knight can only properly chain with a copy. The lack of any sort of innate imperil means bringing someone with it is crucial for proper damage dealing.

is starting to bother me a little because it's a bit too common. These ultra-rare, highly-soughtafter 5* units chain only with...another copy of that unit. Particularly frustrating when the new flavor of the month unit gets released and any non-whale or person lucky enough to pull one of those units gets left in the dust when all of the friend units get moved to the new hotness. I've already started seeing a lot of my friend units switch from Tidus to Veritas of the Dark or 2B/A2. Great if you have one of those units, but a real issue for chaining if you don't.

I of course understand that this is a business-related decision meant to incite whaling for those units but it honestly just drives me to do the opposite and not bother spending a dime.

• Options

It depends on the unit, since %ATK is based off of that unit's base ATK (plus/minus pots).

For example, let's take Orlandeau (base 189 ATK with pots)

With Bracer and +30%ATK materia: 30 + (30% of 189...57) = 87
    With Desch + Hill Dagger: 45 + (10% of 189...19 due to rounding) = 64

Desch + Hill Dagger loses out by 23 ATK

But gains around 600HP. Could be a useful swap if more HP is needed? Hopefully I'll get one from dailies as I don't think I'll be pulling on this banner.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Oh yeah the HP gain would be pretty legit. Also, as we keep getting better and better +%ATK gear/materia we'll be approaching the 300% ATK cap with more and more units, so Desch's TMR + Hill Dagger or Emporer's Majesty will only get better as time goes on.

Cruor on