As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Round 4 - Action Phase

Map (L1z1x token on Mellon-Zohbat)
    EoFzni3m.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 1
    Elvenshae - 3
    Mojo - 2
    Hedgethorn - 1
    Brody - 2
    Preda - 1
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    7 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    AyjrWds.png

Elvenshae
    5 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    ewmgwlY.png

Mojo
    7 action cards
    1 secret objective
    L1z1x promissory note: Cybernetic Enhancements- Play at the start of your turn, Remove 1 token from the L1z1x player's strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your strategy pool. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    S2KTrjp.png

Hedgethorn **Speaker**
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Committee Formation- Law- Before players vote on an agenda to elect a player, the owner of this card may choose a player to become elected instead.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    i89Z9GX.png

Brody (+1 trade good)
    7 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Cruess promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Cruess' units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Cruess player.
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    L1z1x promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the L1z1x player replenishes commodities: the L1z1x player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    ont4t3l.png

Preda
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    WpobBvf.png

Preda Leadership 1
    MrBlarney Politics 3
    Elvenshae Construction 4
    Mojo Trade 5
    Hedgethorn Technology 7
    Brody Imperial 8

@MrBlarney

MrBody on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    @MrBody did you catch my earlier question?

I want to give Hedgethorn 2 of my commodities
    Then trigger the trade card and refresh him
    He will then give me one TG back (along with all his commodities from the trade promissory note)
    Is this okay to do in one binding transaction at the point of playing trade or is it two and I need to hand over the commodities beforehand?

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    That looks like two transactions to me, Mojo_Jojo. If the Arborec don't have any trade goods to swap immediately, then it'll take one transaction to move the initial commodities and a second to move the converted trade good.
    Preda wrote: »
    Also MrBlarney , how much it will cost me to be nominated speaker?
    I wasn't really thinking of this as a possibility. Considering the loss of the first pick in strategy cards next round and the loss of vote priority for the next agenda phase, I'd expect at least three goods to make this happen.

No Sabotage on the Winnu "Signal Jamming" play.

Activate the beta wormhole system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Dreadnought, 1 Cruiser II, and 3 Fighters from [0.0.0] (via Gravity Drive) and 1 Dreadnought, 1 Carrier, 3 Fighters, and 1 Infantry from Bereg.

Action is on @Elvenshae.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    yup, two transactions

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Thanks for that.

@Hedgethorn, if you're happy with the transaction I'll give you two commodities on my upcoming turn as part of a larger agreement that you give one back on your turn (we may as well divorce it from the refresh entirely given that I move before you). Does that work for you?

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Sounds good, @Mojo_Jojo .

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    @Hedgethorn , I'm willing to do an early Leadership if you're willing yo do an early tech...

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Happy to oblige, @Preda.

• Options
    @Elvenshae just want to check you know you're up rather having missed MrBlarney's earlier tag

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I’m waiting on a rules clarification from our host ... if I don’t hear back today, I’ll do something else to keep things moving.

• Options
    Cool. Just wanted to make sure we weren't paused all believing it was somebody else to act.

I'm happy to wait longer if you need rules clarification. It feels mean to pressure you into doing something suboptimal

• Options
    Eh - I’ll live if I have to make a different move. :)

• Options
    Okay - rules clarification received.

Tactical action.
    I activate the Winnu system.

I play In the Silence of Space: Your ships in one system may move through enemy ships this tactical action, and select the Alpha wormhole system.

Pause for Sabotage; @Preda most likely candidate, but @MrBlarney @Mojo_Jojo @Hedgethorn @Brody

I would, of course, hope that no non-Winnu would be interested in preventing me from performing this action.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Which Winnu system are you activating? Oh wait their homeworld? Ouch

@preda if you don't have a sabotage, you might consider making an offer to buy one. Given the cards we've been through it seems likely there is at least one out there.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    By the by, @Mojo_Jojo , my ship's commanders have been instructed to inscribe "Remember Ambassador Blub!" on the first rocket to be fired in each engagement.

• Options
    This is an important one so I'm going to wait on all sabotage decisions.

• Options
    No sabotage here, but I'm willing to buy one if someone is selling...

• Options
    edited November 2017
    It's probably easier to make a general bid, @Preda, as I imagine most people want to keep having sabotages on the DL.

(That said, I do indeed have one and I'd want something in the region of your racial note; your trade note + an extra TG; or the Letnev cease fire note)

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    @Hedgethorn , @MrBlarney , @Mojo_Jojo , @Brody , I'm willing to buy a sabotage. That said, if you have one, name a price, considering that Letnev ceasefire note and Arborec support aren't for sale AT ALL, while everything else, including my racial note is. This attack, while really annoyng, isn't so threatening that I'm willing to spend extraordinarily to sabotage it ( as an example, I'm willing to give my racial promissory, but not for just the sabotage...).

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Sounds like I'm priced out of the market then. Good luck!

No Sabotage

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    The moment Elvenshae took Mecatol the action before I would have, I was already out of the game for winning purpose. I can easyly crush everything he moves in my homeworld the action after (sorry @Hedgethorn, Leadership will have to wait at least a turn if this attack goes in...) he comes in, it will only delay my already 2 turn late plans another turn, so I'm not willing to spend that much to stop it...

• Options
    Sorry, Preda, can't help you here.

No sabotage

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Sorry, no sab

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I have no Sabotage to sell you, sorry.

I think that means that the action card goes through?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Yep @Elvenshae, I presume to round off the action and then start the first MORTAL KOMBAT of the game

• Options
    edited November 2017
    In that case, a Dreadnought, Carrier, Destroyer, 3 Fighters, 3 Infantry pass through the wormhole, transiting to the Lodor system. Since they started in a wormhole sector, they all gain +1 move. I add a further +1 move to the Dreadnought, bringing it up to 3 movement. That's enough to get everyone to Winnu.

First step is the Space Cannon, I believe (which will take a -1 penalty due to my Antimass Deflectors). How do we do the rolling, @Preda / @MrBody ?

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Geth, roll 1d10-1 for Winnu PDS.
    Also, I play Skilled Retreat- Choose one of your fleets that is participating in a Space Battle. Place a Command Counter from your reinforcements in a friendly or empty unactivated system adjacent to that fleet. Move the chosen fleet to that system.
    Carrier and Fighter run to Teq'ran/Torkan.

@Elvenshae for sabotage. You may roll my PDS for the invasion roll. My Infantry fights to the death no other AC from me.

Winnu PDS:
    1d10-1 6 [1d10=7]

• Options
    @Elvenshae You also have 1 loss to choose (I assume a fighter?)

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Thanks, @Preda! Yes, one fighter dies.

We begin the ground invasion - the Dreadnought brings its massive rail cannons to bear on the surface, but a shimmering purple haze interdicts the high energy rounds! The planetary shield holds, and the infantry invasion begins.

Geth, roll 1d10t7 for Winnu Defensive PDS

Winnu Defensive PDS:
    1d10t7 0 [1d10t7=3]

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    3 infantry survive the landing attempt, and come against 2 defending infantry. Both are basic infantry, so 8 is the target.

Geth, roll 2d10t8 for Winnu infantry
    Geth, roll 3d10t8 for Creuss infantry

Winnu infantry:
    2d10t8 0 [2d10t8=2, 3]
    Creuss infantry:
    3d10t8 2 [3d10t8=10, 9, 1]

• Options
    The Creuss forces successfully take Winnu from the Winnu.

I play Infiltrate: Play after you capture a planet. Replace each space dock and PDS with a matching unit of your color.

Remaining Creus forces: 1 Space Dock, 1 PDS, 1 Dreadnought, 1 Carrier, 1 Destroyer, 3 Infantry, 2 Fighters.

Any interactions, anyone, before I produce units? @Preda, @MrBlarney @Mojo_Jojo @Hedgethorn @Brody

• Options
    Also, at @Mojo_Jojo ...
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    But my offer of my research promissory note to the first noble empire this round to take a planet off the treasonous Winnu stands.

I offer you a trade of the governor of Winnu's head for your research promissory note.

• Options
    Let's wait on sabotage calls.

• Options
    No sabotage. Not yet.

• Options
    dun-dun-DUNNNNNNN!

• Options
    I still got nothin' in terms of Sabotage.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Sorry, no sab

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Brutal.

I'm not sabotaging out of hand, Preda knows my prices.

I'll hock the card across on my turn so we can be sure of no dramatic upsets

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Alright looks good. Go ahead @Elvenshae

• Options
    That I'm willing to pay more to sabotage! @Mojo_Jojo I'm willing to give you my racial in excange for a sabotage on that.