As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Done

Play a sabotage on Elvenshae's infiltrate

I'll take the racial note at the earliest opportunity

Edit: Possibly didn't happen due to some sequencing issues

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Agreed

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Card sabotaged

@Mojo_Jojo

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Right, as we've thawed out that cold war

Give Elvenshae my promissory note as I'm a fish of my word

Activate Sakulag / Lazar system

Play Flank Speed-After you activate a system: Apply +1 to the move value of each of your ships during the tactical action.

Chance for people to sabotage before I declare which ships are moving
    @Elvenshae @MrBlarney @Preda @Hedgethorn @brody
    (Although I think Elvenshae is the only one who might want to / be able to)

Edit: None of this happened

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Not a chance I put miself in the middle of this, even if I had a sabotage to use!

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    It seems like maybe I should have had an opportunity to counter offer, but sure, you guys do that at 4 am.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Sorry, we Europeans have strange hours. I'm even ok to roll back if you want to make an offer and the others are ok too.

Preda on
  • Options
    I think this is just one of those slightly annoying things about forum play

We've barely moved though, so like Preda I'm happy to walk back my action if there was something significant

• Options
    The Winnu promissory card is, essentially, "You get the worst Action Card in Winnu's hand."

@Mojo_Jojo So, how about 3 trade goods, and you obviously get to keep your Sabotage for a more self-interested use.

• Options
    It's strategy cards, not action cards. The phrasing is just a but funny because of 3 and 4 player games where you pick two. It's really powerful but really situational. So I'm very happy with the deal.

@Elvenshae If you can offer 5TG, I'll walk back my sabotage.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Ah. Yeah. Totally misread that.

I have too many ships in the system, so the Destroyer's stealth device shorts out and it's TRUE FORM is revealed.

5 it is. Agreed. I give 5 trade goods to Mojo in exchange for his promise to not sabotage my Infiltrate and his Research promissory note.

No sabotage, so I produce up to 5 units.

I exhaust Sakulag (3), Lazar (1), Arnor (2), and Creuss (4) for 10 resources.

I produce 1 Hil Colish (8), 4 Fighters (2). I have exceeded my fleet limit, so I discard the Destroyer

Remaining Creuss forces at Winnu: 1 Hil Colish, 1 Dreadnought, 1 Carrier, 6 Fighters, 3 Infantry, 1 Space Dock, 1 PDS

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    And thanks, @Preda, @Mojo_Jojo .

• Options
    Hmm. Now I'm wondering if we need to let Preda counter offer again to be fair

This seems a mess. @mrbody what's your opinion here?

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    I'm not even sure the walkback should have happened. We were going down the list of players opting not to sabotage, and Elvenshae was not stating any kind of offer to not play one then. Only after the sabotage card was revealed, at which point it happens immediately. But since Preda is okay with it we can go back, but that also should mean that Preda gets to counter-counter offer. We can give this one until the end of the day since it's a big play.

In the future, when a big card play is made like this (best judgement on what's considered big) and a sabotage is offered, parties will have a set period to make offers and counter offers to play or not play it.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    That seems fair.

I've done strike throughs of any plays that I have not yet made. Hopefully it'll make it a bit less of a headache to come back to

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    @Preda if you throw in two TG/commodities and that racial card, I'll do the sabotage and give you a trade refresh

Otherwise, I'm taking Elvenshae's five and who knows what might happen if that action goes through. Nobody. Nobody knows. Nor do they know of my plans in the coming action.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    @Mojo_Jojo I'll give you the two TG's, plus whatever he was giving you.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    To sabotage or not, @Brody?

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Sorry, to clarify, I was offering to complete the "For Sabotage" payment.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Right okay. Are we calling it there, @MrBody? Or do we want explicit statements of no further offers?

To sabotage is in the lead with Winnu's note from Preda and 2TG from Brody
    The previous offer to not sabotage was 5TG from Elvenshae

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    MrBody wrote: »
    I'm not even sure the walkback should have happened. We were going down the list of players opting not to sabotage, and Elvenshae was not stating any kind of offer to not play one then.

Because no one offered to play one.

It seems pretty reasonable, however, to assume that if someone is going to throw in to help someone else, that I might want to offer them a reason to not do so.

EDIT: It seems dumb to a priori make offers to people to not play cards that 1) they may not have and 2) may have no interest in playing, anyway. But if they've indicated that they're going to, then making a deal makes sense.

@Brody, I am dissapoint. :( I thought you were my friends!

@Mojo_Jojo, how about I throw in Letnev's Support for the Throne?

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    You can't trade other people's support for the throne cards. If a promissory note needs to be in play as those with on-going effects do then it is fixed until cancelled. It's a bit of a funny rule that I would have missed if it wasn't for that podcast

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    @Elvenshae we are, but pardon me if I don't feel comfortable with you building an excessive amount of forces next door.

• Options
    Even if Brody isn't in for the extra TGs I'll give my 1 (in the map I have 2, but it's wrong, I've given 1 to Brody) and promise another after refresh.

• Options
    ... is that what this means ... ?
    Promissory notes in the play area cannot be traded.

@Mojo_Jojo How about 2 TG now, and my Trade Agreement promissory note. The only 4 commodity note in the game.

@Brody

... but there's so much Winnu space we can carve up together! (Or, you know, not, depending on how this goes ...) And you've got the demon plants on your other side, who are already messing with me, and the science fish are obviously my biggest threat (and, actually, the game's, but no one else seems to see that yet ...).

I have neither the resources, time, nor attention to muck with an ally, of all things.

• Options
    Yep, that's the line.

In the interests of keeping this simple and sane. I'd need the equivalent of 7TG from you, @Elvenshae , to beat the last bid. Given I've got the trade card I'll happily take your note for a value of 4TG, but I need 3 up front.

• Options
    @Mojo_Jojo

Sure, I'll throw in 3 and a promissory.

• Options
    Okay this just seems to have become an auction, so let's try and whip through and then avoid it ever happening again somehow.

@Preda @Brody

Transparently we're calling Preda's note as worth 4TG, so if you can give another 4 between you then No Sabotage takes the lead.

• Options
    I'm willing to up the ante again, and either give you also my trade agreement (but I keep my TG) or my Political secret.

@Mojo_Jojo @Elvenshae

• Options
    To clarify: So Racial Note (4), 2 from Brody (2) and your trade note (3)? A total of 9

@Elvenshae I'd need six TG and your note

• Options
    @Mojo_Jojo

What's the value of holding on to your Sabotage for personal use? I feel like that should be weighed, as well.

@Brody

Are you still willing to throw in on the wrong side in this fight?

• Options
    I'd have rather kept a much weaker neighbor, but two TG is the limit of my contributions.

• Options
    @Brody

How about I toss you 1 TG to bow out?

• Options
    Deal.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Right if Brody is out, that seems to put us back at @Elvenshae in the lead with 3TG and your Trade note for a no-sabotage result

@Preda

Does that make sense to everybody? It's possible I'm wrong as this has been quite twisty

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    I'm willing to go up to Racial + trade or Racial+political+1 TG, but that's it. I will not offer more, I will than just suicide myself aganist Creuss fleet.

• Options
    I'll take racial and trade from you (it'll need to be two transactions but we can do one per round of voting)

@Elvenshae that takes you up to trade note plus 4tg to deter the sabotage

• Options
    edited November 2017
    @Mojo_Jojo Deal.

I mean, it seems like he's not actually offering any more than he was previously, but I'm not gonna quibble about 1 trade good.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Right. Are we all done then?

1 tg from Elvenshae to Brody

4 TG and the trade agreement note from Elvenshae to me

No sabotage played

If so I make it @Elvenshae to complete the build action (assuming the extra spend may have modified it)

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I hand 1 TG to @Brody for services not rendered.

I hand 4 TG and my Trade Agreement promissory note to @Mojo_Jojo in exchange for his Research Agreement note and for not playing his Sabotage card.

I produce up to 5 units.

I exhaust Sakulag (3), Lazar (1), Arnor (2), and Creuss (4) for 10 resources.

I produce 1 Hil Colish (8), 4 Fighters (2). I have exceeded my fleet limit, so I discard the Destroyer

Remaining Creuss forces at Winnu: 1 Hil Colish, 1 Dreadnought, 1 Carrier, 6 Fighters, 3 Infantry, 1 Space Dock, 1 PDS

@Mojo_Jojo for next action. I WONDER WHAT IT COULD BE!!!!

Elvenshae on