As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    I'd just run some specific leveling dungeons and work my way up, starting with getting used to the basic level 16 healing rotation in Sastasha, then going to higher levels and reacquainting with the extra spells unlocked along the way. You don't have to hit every single leveling dungeon in sequence, just enough to roll back into that old swing of things. Technically you could also start a PotD run from level 1, but leveling comes a bit too quickly there and abilities get thrown at you faster.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Hyur
    What server you on? If it's Excalibur or the same data center you can hit up ya boy (me) and I'll do some content with you and put you through your paces and answer questions and give you shit (stuff and gruff)

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I'd just run some specific leveling dungeons and work my way up, starting with getting used to the basic level 16 healing rotation in Sastasha, then going to higher levels and reacquainting with the extra spells unlocked along the way. You don't have to hit every single leveling dungeon in sequence, just enough to roll back into that old swing of things. Technically you could also start a PotD run from level 1, but leveling comes a bit too quickly there and abilities get thrown at you faster.

That sounds good, thanks! Sastasha... Hmm... I think I remember that name :biggrin:

Also, I think I'll have to do some kinda refresher course on the main story so far... Man, that'll take some time. And the white mage story as well.

Screech, I checked and I'm on Sargatanas (?). Below that it says "NA Legacy". No idea about the data center stuff?

Baby steps... :biggrin:

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Heaven on High doesn't give nearly as much xp as I'd hoped AND getting a weapon is a massive grind so I decided to just take a break until 4.4 hits.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Au Ra
    DrCongo wrote: »
    Screech, I checked and I'm on Sargatanas (?). Below that it says "NA Legacy". No idea about the data center stuff?
    Yeah, I'm on Sargatanas and I think most of the posters in the MMO Extravaganza thread are in a forum FC there too. Probably some from here too.

Data center just splits the North America servers into two camps, in which servers on one data center can all cross-server party with each other but can't access anyone on a different data center. So on Sargatanas, you can run parties with characters from any of the other Aether servers in instances, but you can't see anyone from the Primal servers (which includes Excalibur), or the European/Japanese servers.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    turtleant wrote: »
    Heaven on High doesn't give nearly as much xp as I'd hoped AND getting a weapon is a massive grind so I decided to just take a break until 4.4 hits.

I like the way grips work, because while they take the same amount of aetherpool as POTD you can cash them in in chunks of ten so you don't have to gimp your aetherpool strength at all

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

That sounds good, thanks! Sastasha... Hmm... I think I remember that name :biggrin:

Also, I think I'll have to do some kinda refresher course on the main story so far... Man, that'll take some time. And the white mage story as well.

If you're on Sarg, that's our FC's home server. Look for anyone with a <GHOST> tag. When applying, note your forum name.

The game now tells you where in the MSQ you are with a HUD element.

Also, the best way to refresh your memory on how to play is the Palace of the Dead. This is an instance that starts you at level 1,and has you level up through it.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular

If you're on Sarg, that's our FC's home server. Look for anyone with a <GHOST> tag. When applying, note your forum name.

The game now tells you where in the MSQ you are with a HUD element.

Also, the best way to refresh your memory on how to play is the Palace of the Dead. This is an instance that starts you at level 1,and has you level up through it.

Thanks, will apply! Now that I think of it, I was in Ghost way back when :)

• Options
    Roegadyn

I like the way grips work, because while they take the same amount of aetherpool as POTD you can cash them in in chunks of ten so you don't have to gimp your aetherpool strength at all

It's 40 more each arm and armor levels to get a weapon though.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Au Ra
    csM1LO1.jpg
    Took 14 days to level up this time. Going to have to find time to speed up in order to hit the finish line before August.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    csM1LO1.jpg
    Took 14 days to level up this time. Going to have to find time to speed up in order to hit the finish line before August.

Have you looked in the Ruby Sea as of late?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I think sabremau said they weren't all that interested in palace of the dead, so I can't imagine they'd want to give heaven on high a shot

(and also maybe couldn't anyway, since you need to finish the first 50 floors of potd to access hoh)

• Options
    Hyur

10 more, it was 30 then 60 for a maxed out weapon in POTD

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Au Ra
    PotD just got boring running floors 51-60 over and over and over. HoH I might be able to do for short bursts, depending on how much XP the place can deliver.

• Options
    Roegadyn

10 more, it was 30 then 60 for a maxed out weapon in POTD

I didn't care about getting a maxed out PotD weapon though, I just wanted something decent for off classes. Same here.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    PotD just got boring running floors 51-60 over and over and over. HoH I might be able to do for short bursts, depending on how much XP the place can deliver.

a pretty decent chunk, and there are some fun new wrinkles

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I'm just doing msq as roulette everyday, but ugh I just want to be 70

• Options
    Roegadyn

a pretty decent chunk, and there are some fun new wrinkles

It's also more reasonable to get a fixed party to go 31+.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I just got an email from Square about a FFXIV "Fan Festival" happening here in Vegas during November. I didn't realize that's a thing.

• Options
    Au Ra
    Yeah, that's where they're handing out this.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Miqo'te
    I'm buying that the moment it's on the Mog Station.

And then I'm doing donuts on the Ruby Sea.

Yukira on
  • Options
    Au Ra
    Woo, new record.
    UANIK6i.png

• Options
    Au Ra
    Live letter is live, here's the news I was waiting for.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    FFXIV x MHW collab:

https://youtu.be/eUCn-P0ePa0

Apparently, we'll be getting armor, weapons, a new minion, and a Rathalos mount.

• Options
    Hyur
    The extreme version is 4 people, rad

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Roegadyn
    apparently both versions have no restrictions on party comp and aggro isn't a thing, plus some other oddities to make it feel more like monster hunter like potions and everyone getting X amount of free automatic resurrections

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Oh that sounds fun.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I wonder if that means you could theoretically complete it without taking damage as long as you can read the tells properly.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Au Ra
    In which I overdramatize leveling up because I had the day off work today.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Miqo'te
    I finally resubbed to this, Stormblood seems pretty fun so far.

Also leveling from 60-70 feels waaaaay faster than I remember the 50-60 grind being, though of course I could just be remembering wrong. But like, I'm about to hit 67 and I feel like I'm barely into the MSQ (just got to Yanxia).

EDIT: The VA work in this expac is really good.
    I could listen to Zenos chew scenery all day

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    god damn sabre

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    In which I overdramatize leveling up because I had the day off work today.

Welcome to omni70.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    This may be a bad time to bring it up, but I think DoH/DoL classes also have /vpose.

Though I think they all just share the same animation as one of the combat classes (Gladiator?).

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Lars wrote: »
    This may be a bad time to bring it up, but I think DoH/DoL classes also have /vpose.

Though I think they all just share the same animation as one of the combat classes (Gladiator?).

Yep, they use the gladiator/paladin pose. It can be quite silly.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Au Ra
    Yeah, adding 11 more of that motion would have imbalanced things a bit and lowered the resolution per square. That and I don't actually have job-specific outfits for all of those at the moment anyway.

I did cheat it just a bit by using /bstance for SCH, since it leveled up via SMN.

• Options
    Hyur
    Yeah, adding 11 more of that motion would have imbalanced things a bit and lowered the resolution per square. That and I don't actually have job-specific outfits for all of those at the moment anyway.

I did cheat it just a bit by using /bstance for SCH, since it leveled up via SMN.

Huh. I have always done it the other way because SCH gets way better queues.

• Options
    Au Ra
    Polaritie wrote: »

Oh, while leveling, SCH is the way to go for queues, but just while out in The Lochs beating up an Abalathian Minotaur, SMN is where the damage output is. SCH doesn't have Deathflare.

• Options
    Hyur

Oh, while leveling, SCH is the way to go for queues, but just while out in The Lochs beating up an Abalathian Minotaur, SMN is where the damage output is. SCH doesn't have Deathflare.

Well, no. SCH's main advantage is being able to play half-asleep and trust Eos will keep you alive :rotate:.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar

Well, no. SCH's main advantage is being able to play half-asleep and trust Eos will keep the tank alive :rotate:.

ftfy

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Finally, Larryzaur has played the best job.

https://youtu.be/J3ghD3wh-q8

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.