As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Enlong wrote: »
    The armor from the Stormblood dungeon Shisui of the Violet Tides is all swimsuits. Not market board, but it’s one of those dungeons that gives you an armor piece on completion, guaranteed, so it would take at most 5 runs to get a full set.

Not quite, there's a weapon and accessories too.

Most of the swimsuits are from the annual moonfire faire event.

The other options are:
    Moonfire set, crafted
    Couerl set, crafted
    Red/blue summer sets, desynthesis of big fish (just buy them, desynth sucks to level)
    Light steel, crafted ("armor" but about as covering)
    Black bikini from veteran rewards
    Shisui armors

I'm probably forgetting one.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    If you're female, Rathalos pants. But that's super-late.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    When is moonfire, I need last summer's set

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Mysst wrote: »

August, probably.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

August, probably.

Yeah, all the seasonal events happen on a consistent timer:

Heavensturn (Western/Lunar New Year) - January
    Valentione's Day (Valentine's Day) - February
    Little Ladies Day (Girl's Day) - March
    Hatching-tide (Easter) - April
    Make It Rain Campaign - May
    Moonfire Festival (Summer Festivals) - Late July/Early August
    The Rising (Commemoration of ARR Launch) - August
    All Saint's Wake (Halloween) - October
    Starlight Celebration (Christmas) - December

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Hyur

Ah, yeah... it should be available for $$$ shortly before this years event. All the seasonal stuff tends to be one chance only, and in the mogstation the following year.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Has the starlight barding been in the mog station? I need that but it’s like 800mil on Excalibur lol

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    There's crafted bikini/beach gear available as well. Just straight up a glamour piece with no stats on them.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I was so mad when I did last year's summer event and the outfit that's an open shirt and swimming trunks for men is naturally a frilly dumb bikini for ladies

at least I got cool shades out of it

• Options
    Hyur
    I was so mad when I did last year's summer event and the outfit that's an open shirt and swimming trunks for men is naturally a frilly dumb bikini for ladies

at least I got cool shades out of it

Moonfire set does have that open shirt at least.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    hmEOnRt.png

According to data pulled from the FFXIV auto-translate function, the only thing I could find that the Japanese version also uses "II" and "III" on is Summon. Everything else is just a modification of the word, putting a "Ra" on the end for 2, "Ga" on the end for 3, and "Ja" on the end for 4.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    whoa what??? so it's actually using the suffix system in japanese still? that's weird that they changed it in english!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lalafell
    I would like very much to know what that one book I quoted says in the Japanese version of the game.

• Options
    “Zay is smart and handsome”

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Au Ra
    Just went and checked.

yksvtso.jpg

In the Japanese version, the first two pages are roughly the same, and the third page is saying how Curaja beat Curagura by a close vote.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Larlar
    haha the french translation's candidate names were "super cure, hyper cure, giga cure, and ultra cure"
    apparently the french translation uses the pokemon potion naming system instead of numbers or the ra/ga/ja system

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    wew I forgot how absolutely fucking miserable trying to find and buy a house is.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Hyur
    Ilpala wrote: »
    wew I forgot how absolutely fucking miserable trying to find and buy a house is.

Yup. The system needs changes. At least people cant directly sell them anymore for ridiculous markups.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Miqo'te
    I'd almost prefer a lottery system to three or four people standing around a sign, softly headbanging as they try to buy the plot every three seconds.

Like if the cooldown timer's done, fine, first come first serve, but if it's up, let people put in their name, one gets pulled, have a few minutes to respond, if they don't or decline, pull another.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    It is completely unfathomable to me how badly they implemented housing

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hyur
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I'd almost prefer a lottery system to three or four people standing around a sign, softly headbanging as they try to buy the plot every three seconds.

Like if the cooldown timer's done, fine, first come first serve, but if it's up, let people put in their name, one gets pulled, have a few minutes to respond, if they don't or decline, pull another.

If I was to implement it...

When a plot goes vacant it starts a X-hour timer. Anyone can pay the current cost to put their name in the drawing. End of timer, winner gets picked, losers get refunded. And you can only be in one drawing at a time (but you can change which one if you want to). If nobody puts their name in within the window it goes first come first serve. It still handles the issue of people selling plots (make the timer 12+ hours), nobody has to camp, etc. Transfers play the lotto like everyone else.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Au Ra
    So I made yet another alt, this one planned as a Viera Fantasia when the time's here, but decided to go with Highlander Hyur for now for a change of pace. I didn't realize it was this much a change of pace. Animations are totally different, and the /dance is entirely not what I was expecting to see when I hit /dance.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Yep! I've been waving my hands in the air since 2013.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Larlar
    highlanders are so much cooler than midlanders, midlanders are nerds

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    hey, watch it

you're right, but watch it

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Larlar
    my graphics card died due to vengeful midlander ghosts so I'm playing on integrated graphics until my new card arrives, and it's surprisingly playable! even with 50 players standing around or doing a raid boss, at minimum settings and 720p I still get 20 FPS. The look of the graphics at minimum settings 720p makes me a little nostalgic for the PS2.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hyur
    my graphics card died due to vengeful midlander ghosts so I'm playing on integrated graphics until my new card arrives, and it's surprisingly playable! even with 50 players standing around or doing a raid boss, at minimum settings and 720p I still get 20 FPS. The look of the graphics at 720p also makes me a little nostalgic for the PS2.

Switch to 640x480 for something closer to PS2 resolution. Is that even possible on ffxiv? Would the text and ui be able to fit?

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Larlar
    nah the lowest it goes in the config menu is 1024x768
    there are some UI scaling options that would be mandatory to use at lower resolutions than that

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    unlocked dark knight today and used my free race change to lalafell and, as anticipated, large sword on tiny boi is a wildly good aesthetic

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I am pretty kitty princess!

3v7j38kgi29o.png

Also finally hit 50 and am working towards that sweet car

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    So I've got three characters right now, with plans to try every job between them. My main on Sargatanas is a Hyur Midlander fella, currently a 67 Dragoon, and he'll also be my Gunbreaker, Machinist, Summoner, Scholar, and Samurai. Over on Mateus, one of the RP servers, I have a Hellsguard Roegadyn lady who hit 43 as a Ninja last night, and will also be my Monk, Warrior, Bard, Dancer, and Astrologian. And then also on Mateus I've got a character who's currently in Fantasia Limbo while I debate exactly who and what they'll be, because the previous incarnation didn't quite come together how I wanted, either in terms of look or personality. But that's my Magic Character, who's sitting at 50 Black Mage, and also going to level Paladin, Dark Knight, White Mage, Red Mage, and Blue Mage.

Anyway, I posted that so I could brag about the second one, the Roegadyn Ninja, because I've scraped together enough money to assemble a real good look for her in the last few days.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    So wait, in Stormblood....
    We get our asses kicked by Zenos, (who I understand now why he has a legion of fangirls in the fanfiction department), and our solution is to open another front? Okay, am I the only one who thinks this is a rather daft idea?

\\

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Roegadyn
    Yup.
    In fairness, forcing fascist empires to fight on two fronts has proven to be a solid strategy IRL

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Yup.
    In fairness, forcing fascist empires to fight on two fronts has proven to be a solid strategy IRL
    though in this case it feels more like we’re switching fronts entirely in hope that winning elsewhere will weaken them on the Ala Mhigan side.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Yup.
    though in this case it feels more like we’re switching fronts entirely in hope that winning elsewhere will weaken them on the Ala Mhigan side.
    As is pointed out in story, one of Hien's first tasks is to make sure that the main export of Doma to the Empire is insurrection.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Yup.
    It makes sense though. A nation only has X amount of resources, including people, money, food, ammo, and shipping, or in this case airshipping to move it all around. Opening a second front means X minus Y amount of resources can be dedicated to either front, so it weakens the Empire and makes the forces local to each front capable of engaging on somewhat more equal terms.

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Ah crap, I think I'm about to buy the xpacs for half off for this.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I have been REALLY enjoying my time with this game so far, and look forward to doing actual difficult end-game content once I catch up.

This discussion has been closed.