As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Like sure SB has some issues with its story, stuff like the split focus between Ala Mihgo and Doma, but I think a lot of how people think about SB is because of just how good HW was.

If SB was the first expansion and people only had 2.0 to compare it to than I guarantee its story would have a much better rep than it does right now. HW was just so good.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Just finished the Stormblood Dark Knight quest...and oh my, I love this quest chain.

I think I'm about to finish off the main Stormblood MSQ, then off to do the patch MSQ's.

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Au Ra
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Just finished the Stormblood Dark Knight quest...and oh my, I love this quest chain.

I think I'm about to finish off the main Stormblood MSQ, then off to do the patch MSQ's.

Did you read all the quest log entries for drk?

simulacrum on
  • Options
    Yes, yes I did.... Frey is the best..

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I need some advice, yall.

I want to get my girlfriend shadowbringers for ps4. She has stormblood already, so just a digital copy would be ideal. The rub is that I'm in the US and she's in Canada, which makes both the ps4 store and alternatives like amazon wonky. For reasons I don't want to go into, just sending her the money isn't an option. Do I have any options?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

I want to get my girlfriend shadowbringers for ps4. She has stormblood already, so just a digital copy would be ideal. The rub is that I'm in the US and she's in Canada, which makes both the ps4 store and alternatives like amazon wonky. For reasons I don't want to go into, just sending her the money isn't an option. Do I have any options?

Can you buy her a PS Store card?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Roegadyn

aren't those country locked?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Roegadyn

aren't those country locked?

Yeah, but it looks like Best Buy Canada sells the digital cards, so you could buy those, then send her the codes.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I suppose giving them your card info and having them buy it on their account is out of the question?

• Options
    Roegadyn
    doable but it's a last resort, my bank flips out over suspicious purchases

• Options
    Roegadyn
    omg

the end of hell's lid

im gonna die

• Options
    Roegadyn
    getting some help from a mutual canadian friend, thanks anyway yall!

• Options
    Roegadyn
    I think I'm finally almost caught up on the MSQ
    I'm assuming my peeps are being pulled into the other world we're going to in Shadowbringers; since it's the 3+ Minfilia that have been featured in the trailers.

Also the hunky grizzled wanderer with Alphinaud is definitely Gaius right? This game really excels at keeping terrible people alive.

• Options
    Just finished the ‘main’ MSQ for Stormblood.

Let’s just say that final trial was embarrassing for me, I watched a guide, looked up the mechanics, and I still died due to stupidity four times in one fight.

Also
    Gosetsu is alive!!! As is the other bitch... which isn’t that great. I have a bad feeling they’re gonna try to rehabilitate her character.

Onward to the patch MSQ, where I will watch as the happy ending get destroyed by outside forces, I just know this is going to happen.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Turns out I was 2 quests away from being done with Storm blood, so that was nice.

Also I'm only 25k away from the car which is also great.

I have no idea how to play majong and it takes forever

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I finished Stormblood proper MSQ (not any of the patch content post-finale) and I don't have the energy to type all my thoughts but here are a few!
    Glad Gosetsu isn't dead

Zenos is like the most FF-ass villain in the game, in my eyes. Gives off some real kefka vibes to me.

Heavensward was overall stronger I think but there's lots of stuff I like in Stormblood. Like the Stepped! Love the steppes.

Now...the gear grind begins I guess

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Quick question: I've completed the MSQ, but my gear is subpar to continue the storyline. (I've done the class quest and got the set.) Anyway to easily increase my ilvl? Or do I have to do it the old fashioned way (which isn't half bad, being a tank.)

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Once you hit 79, queueing for roulettes gives you new tokens. A couple that can buy you 390 gear, but a lot that buy you 360 gear. A day or two should be enough to kit you out enough to move forward

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Hyur
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Turns out I was 2 quests away from being done with Storm blood, so that was nice.

Also I'm only 25k away from the car which is also great.

I have no idea how to play majong and it takes forever

It's not worth playing it for the weekly challenge. You'd get more MGP doing the GATEs that would spawn during that time.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Doing next week's fashion report and the challenge log should get me enough to get the car, the haircut, and the TT card

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Quick question: I've completed the MSQ, but my gear is subpar to continue the storyline. (I've done the class quest and got the set.) Anyway to easily increase my ilvl? Or do I have to do it the old fashioned way (which isn't half bad, being a tank.)

as mentioned above, roulettes will get you tomestones for better gear

side dungeons and raids can drop better gear if you're lucky

heaven on high 21-30 runs will let you grind out a better weapon (and can either help you level an alt class from 61 to 70, or if you play as your capped class it can get you more tomestones)

you can also buy crafted gear on the marketboard if you're in a hurry and have gil to burn

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Miqo'te
    If you are on today @Muzzmuzz send me a PM here or look up Caedwyr Jelani on Sargatanas and I can help you with gearing up.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    tdot why

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    because he likes it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    yeah I'm not sure why that post would garner a "why"

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    Was debating on dropping $18 to get a level 60 alt but apparently it doesn't level me through the MSQ at all, which is a separate $12 charge. Enh.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hyur

Doing the hunts for both Heavensward and Stormblood will give you enough coins to buy almost a full set of 330 gear in about two days (hunts don't take long but reset daily. Weekly for the more lucrative hunt.).

It won't get you into everything (I think the last MSQ dungeon is 360 or 365? It gives 375 gear.) but it's an easy farm if you don't feel like throwing yourself into group content while feeling under geared.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Okay well I'm 100% all caught up now. The glamour gear they give you actually looks pretty good, but I wish the hood didn't also cover your face, and was actually just a hood.
    Good ending, but golly I sure hope I don't rescue the lightworld only to return and find that mine has been completely fucked!

I guess it's a good a way as any to change the dynamic all at once, though.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Javen wrote: »
    Okay well I'm 100% all caught up now. The glamour gear they give you actually looks pretty good, but I wish the hood didn't also cover your face, and was actually just a hood.
    Good ending, but golly I sure hope I don't rescue the lightworld only to return and find that mine has been completely fucked!

Ok I am not through all the stuff yet but because of final fantasy is the implication that
    We are in the darkworld?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra

Ok I am not through all the stuff yet but because of final fantasy is the implication that
    We are in the darkworld?

no

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Lalafell

We are in the darkworld?

(Heavensward spoilers: Up to Xelphatol dungeon)
    nope. We’re in the original world, from which 13 alternate mirrored worlds divided a looooong time ago. Each one of those worlds is defined in part by a different balance of light and darkness. The world closest to the darkness became what we now call the Void.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Roegadyn

We are in the darkworld?
    Nah, we're somewhere in the middle I think.

In an event named 'the Sundering' the original world was split into 13 different worlds. Think of all the worlds on a horizontal line, with the bookends on each end either being light, or darkness. Ours is relatively in balance, while the one closest to light, light is stronger, and equally so for darkness on the other pole. Each time there is a 'calamity' one of these worlds is destroyed, and the Ascians believe that once all worlds are destroyed, so 13 calamities, the 13 shards will be rejoined into one world, and Zodiark, their god, will be reborn.

The reason the Ascians are so interested in our world is that since Hydaelyn chose us as a Warrior of Light, we've been rocking the house and beating back darkness, and in so doing, have substantially thrown off the balance of our world, towards light. The Warriors of Darkness in Heavensward WERE the Warriors of Light, in their world, that was very close to the Light. So they did as they were bid, and pushed back the Darkness. They won. Only to find that 100% light and no dark is just as bad as 100% dark and no light. Supposedly we'll be somehow making our way to this world, but as Warriors of Darkness, so restore balance.

At least that's been my general understanding of the events so far. I haven't really sought out any of the supplemental lore through side stories or anything like that.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar

We are in the darkworld?
    Noooo. The dark world is the Void, where all the demons come from.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn

We are in the darkworld?
    Nah, we're somewhere in the middle I think.

In an event named 'the Sundering' the original world was split into 13 different worlds. Think of all the worlds on a horizontal line, with the bookends on each end either being light, or darkness. Ours is relatively in balance, while the one closest to light, light is stronger, and equally so for darkness on the other pole. Each time there is a 'calamity' one of these worlds is destroyed, and the Ascians believe that once all worlds are destroyed, so 13 calamities, the 13 shards will be rejoined into one world, and Zodiark, their god, will be reborn.

The reason the Ascians are so interested in our world is that since Hydaelyn chose us as a Warrior of Light, we've been rocking the house and beating back darkness, and in so doing, have substantially thrown off the balance of our world, towards light. The Warriors of Darkness in Heavensward WERE the Warriors of Light, in their world, that was very close to the Light. So they did as they were bid, and pushed back the Darkness. They won. Only to find that 100% light and no dark is just as bad as 100% dark and no light. Supposedly we'll be somehow making our way to this world, but as Warriors of Darkness, so restore balance.

At least that's been my general understanding of the events so far. I haven't really sought out any of the supplemental lore through side stories or anything like that.
    there are 13 reflections besides ours, which is the source

this gives us 14 dimensions, heh, do you get it?

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I decided I’m going to get Demi Ozma. I went hard on Eureka over the weekend. From level 1 to level 21. Just last night I tried to start Pagos at 19, took a minute and a half to solo kill a single Sylvester, then found a group just grinding mobs at the entrance. Partied with them for a bit, hit 20, and then they called it for the night. I went back to the Sylvesters and they took me from 20 -> 21 in about 45 minutes.

This is all to say: holy FUCK I think I wasted a ton of time in Anemos. Pretty much all I did, after most of the challenge log got me to 10, was wait around on the NM train for NMs to spawn. It was a rate of maybe 80 minutes to level? Probably longer? What the fuck killing mobs gives so much exp I shoulda been grinding them

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    I gotta say, I love it that we finally have some old school shamblers making their way into FFXIV. You all playing on Sarg?

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Sarg and other various servers.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Hyur
    getting towards the end of heavensward, spoilers for entering the last zone:
    ysayle dying has absolutely broken my heart

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
This discussion has been closed.