As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    hot comissar tech

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Siege Zabac, Hyur Highlander Gladiator, has entered Sargatanas server and started on the long path to being a Gunblade Guy. Looking forward to having this big dumb meatball of a boy hurl himself between all of his fragile friends and danger!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Hyur
    Thank god the first dialogue choice in this game lets me select "..." as a response, feels like that puts me like 90% of the way to earning my gunblade.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Larlar
    I'm using the free trial as far as it will let me before cashing in this ARR code

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    What's your name Bahamut

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Turns out the ticket machines at Lawson don’t have any English support. Somehow managed to get a ticket to Eorzea Cafe anyway. I’ll see how it is in a week and a half.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I'm using the free trial as far as it will let me before cashing in this ARR code

yeah, I did a trial last year to play with a streamer I watch, wanted to get another job up to 35 and do some more story stuff before using mine as well

• Options
    Miqo'te
    Also there's an official stream on right now but it's all in Japanese so 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    So we have until Shadowbringers actually launches to get the pre-order items, they'll just first be available starting in march, yeah?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Elezen
    Think I'm gonna have to re-sub to this soon

Been meaning to fuck around with Blue Mage, and also need to make sure I can get a FLYING CAR

Probably end up preordering Shadowbringers at the end of the month and get back in to time with the earring, since my highest is still just 50 Pld

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I'm getting the collector's edition of Shadowbringers, definitely, gotta get that Squall gunblade

I was gonna just get the digital version, but then I saw that sick ass DRK statue

I gotta get on support chat to make sure I can use the expansion from the physical collector's edition with my steam version of the game

• Options
    Hyur
    Got Siege up to 25, which feels like pretty good progress for starting out Friday. I wanted Paladin unlocked today, but it'll just have to happen next weekend. Tomorrow looks like maintenance will eat up my entire play time, Tuesday I have D&D, Wednesday belongs to the new C-Team episode (so I may play, but I won't be paying enough attention to make much progress), and there's a family thing going on Thursday.

Long term plan is Paladin to 50 for the tanking experience, then play around with Black Mage and Dragoon, which were my main classes in FFXI, until Gunbreaker drops. And probably try out some of the healing classes just so I can get a feel for how their recovery works, since I seem to be the one setting the pace in dungeons. Some of this class experimentation may occur on an Alt, even though I know there's no practical reason to roll one, just because I like making different character designs.

Probably either a Miquo'te or Roegadyn female, or an Au Ra male, based on who I've seen around that I was like "Damn, that's a cool look! I wish my character looked like that!" Not that I don't like Siege's look (aside from being dissatisfied with the nose I selected), I just... I love making alts. Back in the City of Heroes days I had all extra slots purchased on two servers, which were completely full, and I had two characters of every class in Guild Wars 2, 80% of whom had hit the level cap before I stopped playing.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    You get a character re-customize potion (called a fantasia) for free after paying for your first month of game time as part of the first tier of veteran rewards, just fyi.

They're also only $10 in the cash shop and go on sale pretty often too.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I thought they changed that to a quest reward after the first credits

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Oh.

Wait how do you get all the stuff like the swimsuit and minions now?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    those are still veteran rewards

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    those are still veteran rewards

Didnt they move all of those to be based on achievement points (or rather the currency from them)?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    i looked it up

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/ca42d41cbd6e7849ba92978235f0d5dc926e72db

the confusion stems from the fact that now only the cosplay armour is veteran rewards, and the other things are now achieement awards

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I'm getting the collector's edition of Shadowbringers, definitely, gotta get that Squall gunblade

I was gonna just get the digital version, but then I saw that sick ass DRK statue

I gotta get on support chat to make sure I can use the expansion from the physical collector's edition with my steam version of the game

There's a specific Steam CE.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn

that one is digital, though, like, I'll get the Gunblade and the other in-game stuff, but they won't send me the statue or the art book or anything

r... right?

• Options
    Roegadyn

that one is digital, though, like, I'll get the Gunblade and the other in-game stuff, but they won't send me the statue or the art book or anything

r... right?

No, there is an actual Steam physical CE - SE started making them in response to demand from the Steam player base with Stormblood.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    yess, awesome, thank you!

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Important to remember, but if you get FF14 through steam, ALL FURTHER EXPANSIONS MUST BE BOUGHT THROUGH STEAM. Or be a steam code. And if it's outside steam, has to be outside steam. I think they still have that weird limitation on versions.

This is because Steam has additional requirements (for example, requiring subscription fees to be able to be paid via Steam Wallet.)

I sure as hell didn't pay sub fees through my steam wallet though. And I played it on steam.

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Important to remember, but if you get FF14 through steam, ALL FURTHER EXPANSIONS MUST BE BOUGHT THROUGH STEAM. Or be a steam code. And if it's outside steam, has to be outside steam. I think they still have that weird limitation on versions.

This is because Steam has additional requirements (for example, requiring subscription fees to be able to be paid via Steam Wallet.)

I sure as hell didn't pay sub fees through my steam wallet though. And I played it on steam.

While you may not have, Steam requires the option be available.

• Options
    Larlar
    Oh no, I just unlocked white mage.
    I thought I was safe from too many buttons because of the conjurer action list. The action menu lied to me!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Hyur
    I thought I was safe from too many buttons because of the conjurer action list. The action menu lied to me!

Welcome to jobs.

Exactly how bad it gets varies, though.

• Options
    Roegadyn

Go to conjurer's guild and look for a lady with a quest in there. Get ye your unicorn!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    you know, I'm really glad that Coerthas exists, I was getting worried that I'd be doing fetchquests in the same 3 zones literally the whole game
    Now it's in 4 zones :rotate:

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    have you met haurchefant yet?

he's the best

• Options
    Miqo'te

he's the best

I can't remember anyone's name because it's all mish-mashes of random French names so...yes, I met him, but I don't remember a thing about him lmao

• Options
    Hyur

he's the best

A lot of him being the best comes up only once you get into Heavensward though iirc? Of course, it's been so long since I played ARR MSQ.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Haurchy is a good boy

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Oh man. They released the patch notes for 4.55.

The new Hydatos dungeon is a 56 man dungeon that's supposed to be Raid tier hard.

It contains Absolute Virtue as a boss (a notorious boss from FFXI)

They also added the Vermillion Cloak as an item (a well known mage body piece from FFXI)

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Polaritie wrote: »

Welcome to jobs.

*looks at DRG pre-SB*

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Madican wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Welcome to jobs.

*looks at DRG pre-SB*

It ain't great post-SB either. Just less confusing.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Oh man. They released the patch notes for 4.55.

The new Hydatos dungeon is a 56 man dungeon that's supposed to be Raid tier hard.

It contains Absolute Virtue as a boss (a notorious boss from FFXI)

They also added the Vermillion Cloak as an item (a well known mage body piece from FFXI)

It's not just that it's supposed to be raid tier difficulty. The only way to rez people are limit breaks and certain logos actions. If you select to release, ie. if the raid wipes, you get booted outside of the raid and have to start over. Also since it's Eureka if you release after dying you lose exp and need to get lvl 60 again to go back inside. The patch notes for it are constantly mentioning how this will be hard and to know what you are getting yourself into before you try it.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I hope they get all this FF11 shit out of their system this X-Pac, cause it really blows.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I still haven't set foot in Eureka, and I have no real desire to do so.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I'd like to get the T-rex mount but I spent like half an hour in there and wanted to die.

It's so damn boring.

X22wmuF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.