As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »
    Also you can resize Demi Bahamut with a text command.

up or down

Well, it says you can pick between large, medium, and small. I assume the current version is the large size

...but I sure hope not :twisted:

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Au Ra
    Apparently if you angle the falcon mount on a wall correctly you can make it do a weelie

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Elezen
    shit i really need to finish heavensward so i can get to the new stuff and then do the fun quests like the shit with um, that..guy..

the detective man

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I saw an add about final fantasy tactics stuff in the new patch. Where and how do I get it

Well, you wait till Tuesday and then you do the new 24 man raid and the quests to unlock it.

My understanding is normal mode 24 man's are doable through the raid finder without to much difficulty.

The 24 man raid is a form of "catch-up" mechanic, as it drops gear just slightly behind the top sets, giving you a path to upgrade.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited October 2017
    Roegadyn
    God

I’ve been practicing dry runs on getting a house in kugane, I’ve got my time from aetheryte to plot at a 19 second sprint, and I’m still pulse poundingly nervous, only so many chances you get at a house on balmung

I at least lucked into an apartment in the lavender beds right after stormblood dropped so I’m not totally boned when I inevitably fuck this up

Whippy on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Au Ra
    The ivalice raid is really fun but it's going to be hellish with pugs for a while

I'm lucky enough that I got to do it with a bunch of competent goons

simulacrum on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Elezen
    Oh noooo, I misclicked! I'm not a gangly Elezen I swear!

Anyway I haven't touched this in awhile, partly because my internet has been really unreliable since I moved

I just slapped a signal amp onto the line though and might actually be able to handle MMO'ing again, so I might sit down with this again soon

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Well, managed to snag a really nice plot in the Goblet for @Sier.
    She's really happy with the location.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    it's wild how so many people can get so mad about all the ffxiv land grab fuckery and not connect any of it to actual capitalism

• Options
    Au Ra
    I've determined not to engage in housing in this game until/if it's not a complete mess

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I've heard of other games where housing wards just add themselves to the game as needed so that people can have houses.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Enlong wrote: »
    I've heard of other games where housing wards just add themselves to the game as needed so that people can have houses.

So it works much better for the players in other games because they can seize the means of production?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    it's wild how so many people can get so mad about all the ffxiv land grab fuckery and not connect any of it to actual capitalism

I'm half tempted to post a clip of the opening of Oklahoma scene from Far And Away as a "re-enactment of the opening of Shirogane".

• Options
    RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    Elezen
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Oh noooo, I misclicked! I'm not a gangly Elezen I swear!

Anyway I haven't touched this in awhile, partly because my internet has been really unreliable since I moved

I just slapped a signal amp onto the line though and might actually be able to handle MMO'ing again, so I might sit down with this again soon

Again with the Tallafel hate. Least I don't have goofy round ears like a Hyur. :biggrin:

• Options
    Roegadyn

So, one of the big "structural" problems with the game is the Faustian bargain Yoshida had to make to successfully rebuild the game while maintaining Legacy - namely that ARR inherited a lot of development "debt" from Legacy by reusing code. Now, they've been paying that debt down slowly with each patch, but it's still been a cost.

• Options
    Elezen
    I'm a boring-ass Hyur

I've got a few fantasia squirreled away though, and have idly considered being an anime dragon boy or a catboy

• Options
    Elezen
    Makes sense to me

• Options
    Lalafell
    *slaps table*

Is that an actual crafting recipe for the Strix chair mount?!

I need to level-grind Carpenter and Botanist now.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    *slaps table*

No, the Strix chair requires mandergil. This is literally a flying comfy armchair.

• Options
    Miqo'te
    I want a 4 person mount in FF14, preferably the Regalia.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    In World of Warcraft, I always wanted a 10 man Magic School Bus mount that could go in the air, on the ground or under water. It would have been perfect for getting everyone to the raid entrance.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Lalafell
    *slaps table*

No, the Strix chair requires mandergil. This is literally a flying comfy armchair.

Still good!

Is it a mount, or a chair that hovers off of the ground when you put it into your room?

Either way, good!

Enlong on
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    It's a mount. There was a screenshot of it in the patch notes.

• Options
    Lalafell
    Caedwyr wrote: »

I reiterate: I need to level grind Carpenter and Botanist now.

• Options
    Miqo'te
    Command missions are pretty fun.

• Options
    Au Ra
    tzwkKBb.png

• Options
    Miqo'te
    Okay, there's a disclaimer with the command missions.

The tank will be 100% stupid and agro the adds on the Tonberry King which makes it,

an adventure.

It would be nice to point them at specific targets and say "STICK TO THAT"

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    New 4 man dungeon is pretty cool. Bosses are fun. Though I think they mixed up push and pull on the first bosses ability names.

SMN changes are nice but it's going to take me a while to get over my muscle memory of hitting mouse 4 over and over during Dreadwyrm. Unless it's an AOE pull cause I have tri-bind on there now.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    I kept forgetting to hit tri-bind during dreadwyrm and the insta cast was throwing me off, but besides that, I like the changes.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Lalafell
    So, i know that the Warring Triad story and the subsequent history lesson about the Void from Unukalhai is optional, but when I started the Ivalice storyline,
    and Alma showed me a Crystal called Auracite, which has shown signs of having a mind of its own, I really wish I had the option to slap it out of her hands and tell her exactly how dangerous that shit is. Or like, have some reaction at all.

Enlong on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn

No, see, you need to level up Armorer. Because while I never got it to the new level caps, the Lv. 50 'mission' is pretty awesome.
    Yes this is what happens.
    Merlwyb suggests that the only true way to test armor is for the crafter to get shot in their armor chestpiece.

Least damage wins.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Oh, I know. I have my crafters all above 50 and most at 60. That was a great quest. The intrigue and drama in ALC is also great.

Though, I think the level 60 CUL quest outclasses them all.

• Options
    Miqo'te
    WP for the Command Missions is a whole lot easier if you're the tank.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I imagine they'd all be easier as tank, since you have more control over what is getting pulled and where. Then you just use the "attack/disengage" commands to order your DPS to focus on what you want them to, or get out of bad stuff.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Sorce wrote: »

No, see, you need to level up Armorer. Because while I never got it to the new level caps, the Lv. 50 'mission' is pretty awesome.
    Yes this is what happens.
    Merlwyb suggests that the only true way to test armor is for the crafter to get shot in their armor chestpiece.

Least damage wins.

that's actually a thing armorers did historically, before the penetration power of firearms increased enough to render wearable metal armor completely obsolete.

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.