As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Enlong wrote: »
    There's gotta be something else that casts Mind Blast, right? Blue Magic doesn't care what the actual mob is, so long as it uses the prescribed attack.

I thought the Psycheflayer boss from Amdapor normal (level 50 dungeon, so echhh) would be a good candidate, but he casts Mind Melt.

It specifically lists Tam-Tara Deepcroft in the spellbook and the wiki doesn't list any other candidates.

Some of the open world skills have more than one thing that can teach it, but the dungeon ones are specific. For example, only the chimera in Cutter's Cry teaches Ram and Dragon voice, despite those being a constant with chimeras everywhere.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    You can also get the Ram and Dragon Voice from the lvl 50 zodiac weapon trial. It's a lot quicker to just do that if you can wait until 50.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Roegadyn
    Hey look at that, the wiki updated since the last time I looked.

Still only has the Tam-Tara boss listed for mind blast though.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Not gonna spam the thread with the images but I made a twitter thread starting with this tweet about the glamour plates I'm using currently!

It's uh

I swear that's the only one that's just a pre-existing set

liEt3nH.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    turtleant wrote: »
    Hey look at that, the wiki updated since the last time I looked.

Still only has the Tam-Tara boss listed for mind blast though.

Well, the chimaera one is one of the first things people tried.

Flamethrower has a better source known (still a 50 dungeon but first boss now).

Diamondback is available from Steps, Tail Screw is actually on an open world mob... in SB areas or something?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited January 2019
    Roegadyn
    Dragons voice seems like a real good way to accidentally aggro everything even kinda close to you and die, which is pretty funny to watch.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    You can also pick up a bunch of them from the Masked Carnivale.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te

Gratz on finally clearing. Which was your favorite of the 5?

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Gratz on finally clearing. Which was your favorite of the 5?

easily o11s. Midgardsomr easily the worst.

best for each tier, for the whole expansion

1st fight: doomtrain
    2nd fight: painter boss ghost lady
    3rd fight: omega
    door fight: exdeath
    final fight: kefka

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    So, Mind Blast and Glower are guaranteed learns, so no more Tam-Tara pain farms. Also, their "fix" to increased birb EXP was...to make the BLU rate the new normal for bo learnin'.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Hyur
    So, Mind Blast and Glower are guaranteed learns, so no more Tam-Tara pain farms. Also, their "fix" to increased birb EXP was...to make the BLU rate the new normal for bo learnin'.

Works for me, I like my chocobo being able to level easily.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    well they also reduced the blue rate

so nerfs to them specifically but buffs overall

Roegadyn

Yay! I'm really glad that's what they went with. Be real nice for new players.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Oh hey. Now I might actually do more BLU. I did Tam Tara once with no result and realized that running it repeatedly was not for me.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    apparently the garuda skill was bugged, but no other primal skills have been adjusted, unfortunately

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Au Ra
    40+ seiryuex clears and I've seen a dog drop once

• SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Haven't really gotten around to any Blue Mage stuff yet, but finally hit my goal of being able to run Final Steps of Faith on three different characters spread across three different data servers.

Miqo'te
    simulacrum wrote: »
    40+ seiryuex clears and I've seen a dog drop once

drop rate is probably 5% or less. In my experience you have about a 50/50 chance of getting to 100 totems before getting the bird.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Hm, now that Glower is 100% drop maybe I'll finish up my BLU quests. I hit level 50 and got all but two of the open-world skills but chain running unsynced dungeons for *a chance* at required abilities kinda soured me on the experience (my low level party did get Mind Blast on the first try though).

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Hm, now that Glower is 100% drop maybe I'll finish up my BLU quests. I hit level 50 and got all but two of the open-world skills but chain running unsynced dungeons for *a chance* at required abilities kinda soured me on the experience (my low level party did get Mind Blast on the first try though).

It was definitely not fun even just doing the first two of Aurum Vale. At least Haukke with Level 5 Petrify has the cheese strat of kill the final boss's add then just self-destruct if you don't get it

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Roegadyn
    Fried chocobo in Japan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPuknS4-8vI

It's more likely than you think.

Edit: There's a new mount tied to these - a black fat chocobo. Historically, these sorts of items are usually released in the US as Amazon promos, so keep an eye out.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited February 2019
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    ahahahaha
    xXrkI9i.jpg

Hyur
    lord help me im on my bullshit

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Roegadyn

new thread better have the same poll so I can change my answer

Roegadyn
    Oh my lord all the people who use 2B/Yorha glams are probably exploding right now.

I'm so excited.

Gunbreaker being a tank means I might actually play it instead of burning out somewhere in the 60s like I've done with every melee dps.

Wonder if Fran's outfit is the starting clothes for female Viera or if they just used it for the reveal since they already had it ready to go?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Hey folks I know this is a mmo but how far can one go solo and still have an enjoyable experience?

Roegadyn
    Peas wrote: »
    Hey folks I know this is a mmo but how far can one go solo and still have an enjoyable experience?

That depends. If you absolutely do not want to play with other people you're going to get stuck at lvl16 or so when the main story heads to a dungeon.

If you use the group finder matchmaking system you can do literally everything except the hard mode raid stuff designed for static raid teams. This includes all the normal mode raids.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Hyur
    So what's Yoshi's shirt? Obvious gunbreaker reference or?

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Wait, seriously? That wasn't a joke people were passing around (like the Viangaa)? The new alliance raids are seriously gonna be Nier Automata-based?

Well, damn. If that's true, I really need to get back to my Nier file, so that I can then pick up a copy of Automata when I'm done with it.

Au Ra
    Oh it's real. Just wait. Going to have to run through the alliance story 4 times to get the true ending.

Hyur
    turtleant wrote: »

I mean, Suzaku is already half of a rhythm game for the raid wipe mechanic.

Au Ra
    Peas wrote: »

For years if necessary. I tend to play all MMOs solo (or at least PUG-only for grouping) at whatever schedule I want and FFXIV works just fine in that respect.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Larlar
    XIV DOES force you to do group content fairly frequently to advance the story, but it also has a robust group finder and I've only been in one group so far where people were rude. The overall attitude is much more laid back and friendly than most MMOs.

It also has a complete final fantasy story with all the cutscenes and anime bullshit you know and love.

rhylith on
This discussion has been closed.