As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    are there any good youtubers for ff14-related stuff I could be watching to kill time at work?

Well, there's always MrHappy, but...he's hit or miss, and can get a bit annoying. I've also enjoyed the videos by Work To Game as well, and then there's the Remnants of a Realm/Secrets of a Realm videos put out by Speakers Network. Also, if you haven't seen it, the three part documentary on FFXIV by NoClip is worth your time.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Back when I played MTQ's videos were helpful. Also funny when it was bloopers and such.

sig.gif
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Night 2 of Neo-Exdeath

this fight is insane, and fucked up, and extremely fun.

It is almost entirely mechanics, and the dps check is a perfunctory "did you continue to do your dps while doing these horrible fucked up mechancis"

also the environment and music are top notch. music isn't as good as the wild alex prime rap but still.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    FFFFFF

I want so bad to get to Neo Exdeath.

But I've not completed Catastrophe or even tried Halicarnassus.

Yes, I know that if I have the ILVL, I can just jump in. But I want to go in order.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Hyur
    Enlong wrote: »
    FFFFFF

I want so bad to get to Neo Exdeath.

But I've not completed Catastrophe or even tried Halicarnassus.

Yes, I know that if I have the ILVL, I can just jump in. But I want to go in order.

hallicarnasus is a step above catastrophe

alte-roite>>catastrophe>>>>>>>>hallicarnasus>>>>ex-death>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>neo-exdeath

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Hyur
    i will repeat that neo-exdeath, despite being a fucked up hellscape of mechanics, is a blast.

your progress is obvious, its easy to tell what killed you and why, everything is clear and repeatable, and it feels rewarding. its an intensely tough puzzle box but it is very fair.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    so uh

I got the first set of credits

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Lot of new folks hitting 50 now.

If you get burned out on MSQ stuff, there's a quest in Ul'dah you might want to grab for a change of pace. "The Rise and Fall of Gentlemen".

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Neo-exdeath is a ton of fun. Way more fun fight than Exdeath (black holes are just a pain)

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Hyur
    so uh

I got the first set of credits

hell yeah, the game honestly gets significantly better from here on out!

now that you mention it, i think there are like... 5 total credit rolls in the game?

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I kind of don't like that they made Neo Exdeath exclusive to Savage mode?

Like, the whole point in having two difficulties for the Raids is so that everyone has a chance to see the content. But then they stuck Neo Exdeath only in the Savage mode.

It probably wouldn't bug me much if it was an original boss or something, but this is the actual final boss of Final Fantasy V and you can't see it unless you do the hardest content in the game. It also wouldn't have bugged me if they made a new form for Savage (ie. Exdeath & Neo Exdeath in normal, but then he turns into Giga Exdeath or something for Savage) since then fans of a game aren't missing out on getting to participate in a recreation of a fight from their childhood.

Basically what I'm saying is if they put Kefka in the game and make his final form Savage-exclusive I'm going to be rather unhappy. And if they are planning on doing that, then I hope they do it to Sephiroth first, because the amount of complaining that would generate would hopefully get them to change their stance before getting to Kefka.

Roegadyn
    I kind of like the turn the story immediately takes after 2.0
    hey so we're world famous now, but considering how much our M.O. relies on secrecy this actually kinda blows?

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I kind of like the turn the story immediately takes after 2.0
    hey so we're world famous now, but considering how much our M.O. relies on secrecy this actually kinda blows?
    The Scions don't rely on secrecy so much as independence from the states (hence why Y'sthtola has no issue chewing out the Admiral for provoking the Kobolds.) The problem is that after you destroy Ultima Weapon, the states want to support the Scions - and bring them to heel.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Roegadyn
    hey so uh

how the fuuuuuuuck do I turn my shit into materia

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Miqo'te
    hey so uh

how the fuuuuuuuck do I turn my shit into materia

If you've got max spiritbond with it, you can right click on the equipment and select the "convert" option.

Note that this will not work for certain armor/weapon pieces (i.e. if you trade special items or tomestones to get it, you probably can't convert it).

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Speaking of glamours, I put Molly in a costume.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Hyur
    It's good, actually

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I hit 60 on my Dark Knight last night and put on my Garo armor.

I think it's the first time I've had an actual cape?

I got all the Garo armor months ago, now I'm just leveling Jobs to 60 so they can put it on and claim the titles since those are supposedly going away at some point (though they haven't mentioned anything lately about it, the last news I heard was months ago with it going away "sometime after 4.0").

Lalafell
    Suddenly decided to try out Bard. Hit level 30 and unlocked the job last night.

Roegadyn
    killed Leviathan the first time this morning

it's weird seeing the mysterious new character teasing the release of the au ra like they're rare and unknown, when my girlfriend switched to one as soon as we bought the expansion

Roegadyn
    killed Leviathan the first time this morning

it's weird seeing the mysterious new character teasing the release of the au ra like they're rare and unknown, when my girlfriend switched to one as soon as we bought the expansion

She was a teaser for the Ninja job for a little while as well, I think.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Miqo'te
    Starting the Stormblood armorer quest.

gusNc7Y.jpg
    KFuz98C.jpg

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Are folks here playing in a FC that isn't <GHOST>? I still want to give this game a fair shake, never made it past the Realm Reborn stuff (which apparently is crap).

Roegadyn
    oh my god, yukira's been dead this whole time

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra

yukira's just trying to get mouth to mouth resuscitation from tall roe women

liEt3nH.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lalafell

Thank god

Roegadyn

yukira's just trying to get mouth to mouth resuscitation from tall roe women

well sure, who isn't

edited September 2017
    Miqo'te
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Thank god

My dead body still does more DPS than you.

Yukira on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra

That's just the natural state of DRG.

Roegadyn
    Henroid wrote: »
    Are folks here playing in a FC that isn't <GHOST>? I still want to give this game a fair shake, never made it past the Realm Reborn stuff (which apparently is crap).

Yeah, where are you folks playing? Might be looking to hop servers.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    i'm guildless on sarg, but i slum it in the Good Linkshell

liEt3nH.png
    edited September 2017
    Lalafell

Ghost in the Linkshell is a vaguely PA-forum-associated Free Company on Sargatanas, if you were interested in joining one.

Enlong on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Yukira wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Thank god

My dead body still does more DPS than you.

I'm only like, 35?

PoE and a hurricane and now being sick as shit have sidetracked me from this game

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Larlar

Ghost in the Linkshell is a vaguely PA-forum-associated Free Company on Sargatanas, if you were interested in joining one.
    I'd rather entirely-PA that way I could expect better conduct.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    If Ghost had been a straight PA company it would've died out before Stormblood, maybe before Heavensward.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Lalafell
    Henroid wrote: »

I'd rather entirely-PA that way I could expect better conduct.

Understandable.

• Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Did you have a bad experience with GHOST? I just joined like a week or so ago, but it's been great so far.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    Miqo'te
    Well, I just spent 15 minutes making macros to turn all of my job changes into Sentai transformations with the Ranger poses from last year's summer event.

How are y'all enjoying the game?

This discussion has been closed.