Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

“Currently [Switch is] popular among the early adopters and there needs to be one more step to attract a wider audience. I see more potential in Switch, but one shouldn’t overestimate its potential.”

I'd like to try and solve the puzzle, Pat Sajak

How about "actually being able to buy it"?

That would be a good start. Outside of the very day that the Switch launched, and only because I was working at a store selling them and was working before opening hours, I have never seen the Switch physically in any store.

Its gotta be a hell of a lot easier than finding an SNES Classic, but its still a hunt unless you get lucky.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    These 3rd party controllers look interesting, though no idea about how good they actually are. Also a shame they're wired.

Super Mario
    813y_RPEXQg_L._AC.jpg

Zelda
    910_RYf2_Aa_LL._AC.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So what's the preferred travel case? There are a lot out there, apparently. I just need something so I can throw the Switch in my bag with a few games, probably. I wouldn't mind some space for cables, but they will probably be in the bag I'm carrying the Switch in.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Those are some awesome looking controllers that I have absolutely no interest in buying.

For cases, I've got the this one which I've found great and always seems to be mentioned by other people that have it when the question comes up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    I use a pretty standard Hori case with the game slots.

• Options
    borschevskyborschevsky Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    For cases, I've got the this one which I've found great
    Ditto - I have it as well and it's perfect for what I need. A possible downside is that it doesn't fit a charger, but all I need it for is something to throw the system in a backpack, and for that it's perfect.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Not only do those cases fit the system, but they come in various designs, and they have cases to carry 8 games, which I imagine is twice the physical collection of most folks with a Switch.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    I use a pretty standard Hori case with the game slots.

I was upset when the Spaltoon themed ones came out

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »

“Currently [Switch is] popular among the early adopters and there needs to be one more step to attract a wider audience. I see more potential in Switch, but one shouldn’t overestimate its potential.”

That would be a good start. Outside of the very day that the Switch launched, and only because I was working at a store selling them and was working before opening hours, I have never seen the Switch physically in any store.

Its gotta be a hell of a lot easier than finding an SNES Classic, but its still a hunt unless you get lucky.

I might be literally buying an SNES Classic from a drunk dude at a bar because he did multiple single preorders in case various merchants fucked up their preorders

Which, I mean, sure random drunk dude but apparently smart random drunk dude

Finding a Switch isn't in the same ballpark at all

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Will this be the time I finally try a Farming Simulator game? If the price is right, definitely. I'd never sit at my PC and play but on Switch...

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    L.A. Noire comiong for the Switch.
    (also PS4 and Xbox One, but that's less surprising)
    The updated version of the 2011 game will be released on November 14 across all announced systems. The Switch version features the full original game, all of its DLC, and Switch-specific adjustments like optional Joy-Con gyroscopic and motion controls, as well as HD rumble, and wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles. For those playing in handheld mode, new contextual touch screen controls have also been added for this edition.
    I've honestly kinda soured on the game as I played through it, but it's still a surprise to see it coming.
    And I'm sure it won't prompt a lot of calls for GTAV and Red Dead Redemption to come to the Switch. Wait, not won't, the other thing.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular

My nephew would love this game. He turned 5 a few months ago, and he loves all things mechanical. The trucks and tractors would be right up his alley.

• Options
    Will you be able to shake the Switch to see what falls out?

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    The updated version of the 2011 game will be released on November 14 across all announced systems. The Switch version features the full original game, all of its DLC, and Switch-specific adjustments like optional Joy-Con gyroscopic and motion controls, as well as HD rumble, and wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles. For those playing in handheld mode, new contextual touch screen controls have also been added for this edition.
    I've honestly kinda soured on the game as I played through it, but it's still a surprise to see it coming.
    And I'm sure it won't prompt a lot of calls for GTAV and Red Dead Redemption to come to the Switch. Wait, not won't, the other thing.

...huh. Kinda surprised Rockstar went to the effort, given Team Bondi's long gone.

Ah well, it's still a unique experience even with the narrative problems.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Whoa that's crazy.

I don't know if I would double dip on it, already played L.A. Noire once. But that's great just for Switch to get that support. Yet another open world game, even though the open world is probably the most useless and pointless out of any game ever. I feel like I went out of my way not to explore it, because there was like hidden package style collectibles and nothing else.

I loved that John Noble was in it, he's a cool dude.

Oh wait I also see there's a VR version in there, that I might get.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »

They are all over the place here now. Just about every store seems to have about 5 on hand at any given time.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    L. A. Noire has actually been kicked around as a rumored game for a while. On NeoGAF at least. Looks like it was real.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

...huh. Kinda surprised Rockstar went to the effort, given Team Bondi's long gone.

Ah well, it's still a unique experience even with the narrative problems.
    From everything I heard about Team Bondi, it'll probably go a lot smoother without them.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I liked L.A. Noire, but not enough to buy it twice. Though I might just to show support...

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Primarily they need to change "doubt" to "press" or whatever. Because that's totally what it is, rather than simply expressing doubt. It's the reason everyone gets the impression your guy is a maniac.

EDIT: Oh it was recorded as Coax, Force, Lie and released as Truth, Doubt, Lie. Yeah.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Primarily they need to change "doubt" to "press" or whatever. Because that's totally what it is, rather than simply expressing doubt. It's the reason everyone gets the impression your guy is a maniac.

EDIT: Oh it was recorded as Coax, Force, Lie and released as Truth, Doubt, Lie. Yeah.

that game was dumb. every choice was yes no or SCREAM AT THEM IN THE FACE. i dunno.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    He's just doing his job. You understand that.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Any news on the Stardew Valley certification for the Switch?

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    For cases, I've got the this one which I've found great and always seems to be mentioned by other people that have it when the question comes up.
    I have this case, and I really like it - it has a (relatively) hard shell, so I feel like the Switch is well-protected when it's in my bag, and rather than having a flat surface for it to rest on like other cases, it has an elevated surface with cut-outs for the shoulder triggers. This pleases me to no end, because I'm the kind of crazy person who would be irritated by having to put the Switch (which doesn't lie flat when the JoyCons are attached) on a flat surface in the case.

The game cases are nice, but there's one downside and one concern:
    The downside: They don't snap into or attach to the case in any way; they're just lying in these cut-outs in the case. When the Switch is in place, it sits on top of them and keeps them from falling out; however, if you turn the case at an unfortunate angle when the Switch isn't in, they'll just fall right out. I want to see if I can buy some velcro strips with sticky backs and put one side on the Switch case and the other on the game case; I'm just worried this will add too much thickness, and the game cases won't fit anymore.

The concern: There's nothing between the game cases and the Switch. I have no concrete evidence that this could happen, but I worry that as the game cases (which, again, are not secured to the Switch case) shift and jostle around by tiny amounts when I walk around, they come in contact with the back of the Switch and maybe scuff it up. I have some minor scuff marks on the back of my Switch (not scratches, though), and the only culprit I can think of are these cases. I'm thinking about gluing some felt or something on top of the game cases, but again, I worry that that'll make them too thick to fit in the Switch case anymore.

For now, I've just taken the game cases out until such a time as I can resolve the above two points to my satisfaction. I really like the case overall, though.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I have this case, and I really like it - it has a (relatively) hard shell, so I feel like the Switch is well-protected when it's in my bag, and rather than having a flat surface for it to rest on like other cases, it has an elevated surface with cut-outs for the shoulder triggers. This pleases me to no end, because I'm the kind of crazy person who would be irritated by having to put the Switch (which doesn't lie flat when the JoyCons are attached) on a flat surface in the case.

The game cases are nice, but there's one downside and one concern:
    The downside: They don't snap into or attach to the case in any way; they're just lying in these cut-outs in the case. When the Switch is in place, it sits on top of them and keeps them from falling out; however, if you turn the case at an unfortunate angle when the Switch isn't in, they'll just fall right out. I want to see if I can buy some velcro strips with sticky backs and put one side on the Switch case and the other on the game case; I'm just worried this will add too much thickness, and the game cases won't fit anymore.

The concern: There's nothing between the game cases and the Switch. I have no concrete evidence that this could happen, but I worry that as the game cases (which, again, are not secured to the Switch case) shift and jostle around by tiny amounts when I walk around, they come in contact with the back of the Switch and maybe scuff it up. I have some minor scuff marks on the back of my Switch (not scratches, though), and the only culprit I can think of are these cases. I'm thinking about gluing some felt or something on top of the game cases, but again, I worry that that'll make them too thick to fit in the Switch case anymore.

For now, I've just taken the game cases out until such a time as I can resolve the above two points to my satisfaction. I really like the case overall, though.

just make sure you put a piece of cloth in the back of the gane traveler case before you lay the switch in it. Those ridges where the two 4 game card cases go have been known to create smudge marks on the backs of tablets.

source: I literally have all the cases.

edit: tbh though if you want my opinion the ultimate protection is hybrid cover case + pdp backpack. That's what I use the most out of my eleventy billion cases.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, I was thinking about a hybrid case, but I saw on Amazon that people were having issues playing it in handheld mode with a hybrid case on. Apparently it tends to flop and get in the way and make it a bit harder to hold while playing.

Also getting an entire backpack seems like overkill.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    just make sure you put a piece of cloth in the back of the gane traveler case before you lay the switch in it. Those ridges where the two 4 game card cases go have been known to create smudge marks on the backs of tablets.
    Yeah, this is the straight-forward solution, but basically I want as few moving pieces as possible (I play the Switch mostly during my commute on the subway, and between my jacket, my bag, the Switch case, and the Switch case, I've got a lot of stuff piled up in my lap. I want as few things that can fall as possible). Maybe I should just, like, lay a microfiber cloth over that whole area and glue on end to the case?

Also, I see these JoyCon silicone skins and thumbstick caps, and I'm kind of thinking about buying them - I'm starting to see some wear marks on the JoyCons around the thumbsticks, where the edges of my thumb graze the controller, and I'm concerned about my gross disgusting human sweat and skin oils grossing up the thumbsticks over time. Have you folks tried any of them? I'm concerned that they won't feel good once they're on, like they might slip around or be too squishy.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Yeah, this is the straight-forward solution, but basically I want as few moving pieces as possible (I play the Switch mostly during my commute on the subway, and between my jacket, my bag, the Switch case, and the Switch case, I've got a lot of stuff piled up in my lap. I want as few things that can fall as possible). Maybe I should just, like, lay a microfiber cloth over that whole area and glue on end to the case?

Also, I see these JoyCon silicone skins and thumbstick caps, and I'm kind of thinking about buying them - I'm starting to see some wear marks on the JoyCons around the thumbsticks, where the edges of my thumb graze the controller, and I'm concerned about my gross disgusting human sweat and skin oils grossing up the thumbsticks over time. Have you folks tried any of them? I'm concerned that they won't feel good once they're on, like they might slip around or be too squishy.

Buy a block of black foam at a crafts store and cut out a hole in the shape of your Switch, then cut it again to make it fit the case.

edit: before you place the foam put a microfiber cloth down back there. It should all stay in place.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Those are some awesome looking controllers that I have absolutely no interest in buying.

I haven't bought a case yet (Haven't needed to take my Switch out of the house yet.) but that's definitely the one I'd be getting. Nice hard-shelled material.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    The thing about L. A. Noire is that it won't sell and Rockstar will take that as a sign to not support the system and we're back to where we were before. Seriously it feels like the EA situation all over again.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Chucklefish had an AMA about WarGroove: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/6yn8gu/we_are_chucklefish_developers_of_wargroove_ask_us/

The obligatory Stardew release date question was met with a standard "Don't know, but we'll tell you when we do" response.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    The thing about L. A. Noire is that it won't sell and Rockstar will take that as a sign to not support the system and we're back to where we were before. Seriously it feels like the EA situation all over again.

It wasn't gonna get RDR2 anyways, and even GTAV might be kind of a stretch (they've stopped supporting the PS3/360 versions because that tech just isn't there anymore)

On the other hand, L.A. Noire rules, though I'll be getting the PS4 version instead of the Switch

• Options
    Somehow didn't see that they're putting it on the other consoles too. I just thought it was a port to the Switch.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    LA Noire seemed like such an odd beast. I don't know how I feel about a rerelease without some significant retooling of the experience that probably wouldn't be cost effective.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ugh, I fumbled my switch when I was taking out of the dock, and now the left joycon pops out if enough upward pressure is put on it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Ugh, I fumbled my switch when I was taking out of the dock, and now the left joycon pops out if enough upward pressure is put on it

And now I have a new fear.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

As long as Nintendo insists on occupying this weird middle ground between mobile phones and home consoles/PCs, the third party situation is never going to be good. It will always be the awkward hand-me-downs of the two more popular markets on either side of them. That's just something you have to accept if you make the decision to purchase Nintendo hardware.

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    I don't have LA Noire yet, though I do want to play it, but I wonder what kind of price it will be on switch to get me to buy it there. I think I saw it for 5 bucks on steam once.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.