As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] moves to a camp upstate

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    This might be the worst thing you've ever said

Vow once said that trees are stupid

I've never seen a single tree do math.

I bet a tree couldn't even do a backflip

And yet they are remarkably good fighters

21Rg14P.gif?1

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Look my party fought a tree a while back and it fucked us right up

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Yeah!! I got all 120 stars in Super Mario Galaxy. That is a very good game. I liked how almost every mission had something new, even when I started getting into the purple coin levels. And long jumping around a tiny planet never got old.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    The rad Inkfall Shirt is on Splatnet with Ink Resistance!

Yesssss.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    So I've been playing Stardew Valley on Steam.

I'm.... more than a little concerned that when it comes out on Switch I will cease to be a functional member of society

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm really looking forward to getting it again on Switch

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Stardew ruined sleep schedules on PC.

It will crush sleep schedules on Switch.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    It's the perfect game for the Switch! The bite sized day-cycle play sessions are almost tailor made for the portability of the Switch.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah, Stardew Valley on Switch is going to be a real problem for me

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'm not far in Mario + Rabbids but that game is a lot of fun. I really like how Mario never questions what's going on at any point with Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Peach, and Luigi's coward ass as a sniper fits real good, and if you're willing to do some doubling over then Mario can put out so much damage that it's just silly

My favorite thing in the game so far was setting both Mario up with Hero's Sight. Luigi gets a Bounce crit off, which sends the enemy flying, then Mario shoots them in midair like a wailing rabbit-shaped clay pigeon

It's so silly

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    My great-grandpa was named Luigi and green is the best color.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Large swaths of the country don't mispronounce Luigi

• Options
    MERRY OH KERT

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

Names are pronounced differently in different countries. My name is pronounced differently in France than in Italy, in American than in the UK. Mario is pronounced mar ree oh in some places and mah ree oh in others. Both are correct. He pronounces it mar ree oh because he has a terrible, stereotypical Italian accent, not because that's inherently correct.

• Options
    See also: Eye Rack instead of Iraq. One is correct in America, the other is correct in Iraq.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Sometimes people pronounce it Marry Oh

And that always tickles me for some reason.

Also the capital of Eye Rack is Bag Dad!

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    People who pronounce it Marry-Oh are bad people

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Personally I always pronounce samurai and karate in authentic Japanese and that's why I've had to have surgery to remove wedgies on three separate occasions.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    FLUDD pronounces it as "Mah-ree-o" and as Sunshine is a masterpiece according to Super Mario Expert Dan Ryckert, FLUDD cannot possibly be incorrect.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    @Cello must explain why she pronounces it Marry Oh when nobody else from her part of Canada does

• Options
    Personally, I pronounce it Maughreigheaux

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The only issue I have with people who say Merrio is that I've never heard any of them also say Werrio.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I totally get that names have lots of different pronunciations

But usually you should try to say it the way the person who's name it is does

And yeah I know he's fictional but mario says his name constantly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    And yeah I know I don't pronounce @SimBen 's name how he does but my stupid mouth is apparently physically incapable

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Do you think that the Japanese creators of Mario pronounce it in an authentic Italian accent

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Do you think that the Japanese creators of Mario pronounce it in an authentic Italian accent

yes while eating spaghetti

• Options

Names are pronounced differently in different countries. My name is pronounced differently in France than in Italy, in American than in the UK. Mario is pronounced mar ree oh in some places and mah ree oh in others. Both are correct. He pronounces it mar ree oh because he has a terrible, stereotypical Italian accent, not because that's inherently correct.

I wasn't referring to either of those pronunciations (which seem so similar that I doubt anyone would notice or care, I never even realized there was a distinction).

I was referring to Marry-O, which as far as I know has no regional basis and is literally just "people who never heard the name Mario before."

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I don't actually care how you pronounce Mario, but if you say sness instead of S-N-E-S, you can go straight to hell.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    I don't actually care how you pronounce Mario, but if you say sness instead of S-N-E-S, you can go straight to hell.

I exclusively say "Super Ness" in a bid to make all sides of the argument equally mad.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    snez

• Options

I wasn't referring to either of those pronunciations (which seem so similar that I doubt anyone would notice or care, I never even realized there was a distinction).

I was referring to Marry-O, which as far as I know has no regional basis and is literally just "people who never heard the name Mario before."

There are regional american accents that say it that way for sure, its just not how mario himself says it

• Options
    I say Super N-E-S, which I think I read was the official abbreviation?

Granted, I never bothered with the official abbreviation of the Gamecube because I couldn't make any sense of it

• Options
    Compromise: S-U-P-E-R Ness

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    supernest
    Jayson-Fann-Spirit-Nest-LEAD.jpg

• Options
    Super Nintendo Entertainment System

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    It's pronounced "Lucas".

• Options
    I was a long proponent of S-N-E-S and Super Nintendo, and had only ever heard "snes" during the Chrono Trigger Endurance Run.

It wasn't til talking about the SNES Classic when I caught myself say "snes", and it felt wrong.

• Options

Ah the SupNinEntSys

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Ah the SupNinEntSys

Why are you killing me Joel

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    People who pronounce it Marry-Oh are bad people

One time my cousin insisted that Yoshi was pronounced yosh (like josh)-eee.

I shamed him by playing the "yoshi!" sound effect on the Smash bros character select over and over until he started crying.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
This discussion has been closed.