As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo] moves to a camp upstate

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I mean GTA V at least on steam has not gone down at all, there are occasional slight drops for sales but it's $60 right this moment on steam, I think there's no reason to expect that to be lower for a new release.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Tube wrote: »
    I feel like people keep saying the portability of the Switch is a huge value add up until the point that games have new game prices

Those are on different axes for me. I don't really think the added work of porting an ancient game like LA Noire to Switch really justifies a price hike of that size compared to existing releases(and maybe it won't! We don't know the price yet). There's a Nintendo Premium in existence since time immemorial, and while it's cool for them that they can get away with it I don't have a problem weighing that up in my decision making.

$40 on PS4, Xbox One and Switch digital

$50 for Switch physical

That's a fucking lot for an old, not very well received game!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It doesn't help that I've routinely seen LA Noire on Steam for under $10 during sales for years now. Like, that's a whole problem with the digital marketplace in general, Steam sales setting perhaps unrealistic expectations of price points, but in this case the difference is so stark and it's been that way for so long. If I didn't buy it for $10 any of the myriad times that was an option why would I spend $40-50 on it?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'll buy L.A. Noire again for $40 on PS4

I actually do think it might lend itself well to the portable format due to the nature of that game's flow, but it's a game I can personally only really see myself playing on a big TV

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The cases are too long for it to work portably I think, unless it added a "Previously On..." thing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Right now a big sell for Switch games is that I can play them on my tv in bed rather than sitting at my desk where you people make me suffer day in and day out

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »
    From what I understand the biggest driver for the price hikes is the cartridge.

It's why there's often a 10 dollar gap between digital and physical on switch.

I haven't checked the prices on that many games, but Splatoon 2 was cheaper physical than on eShop.

At launch?

I don't think so.

Prime discount

Prime discount is not MSRP and is not necessarily a deal if you don't use prime enough.

• Options
    Just got my copy of Samus Returns

This melee counter is very good

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I haven't checked the prices on that many games, but Splatoon 2 was cheaper physical than on eShop.

At launch?

I don't think so.

Prime discount

Prime discount is not MSRP and is not necessarily a deal if you don't use prime enough.

It's usually ten bucks give or take. For a new game thats a good deal.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Hey how come nobody told me Samus Returns completely rules

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Hey how come nobody told me Samus Returns completely rules

besides all of us posting about it, you mean

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    we've been talking about it a lot in this thread

• Options
    no nobody was saying anything about it I'm the first person to find out

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    no nobody was saying anything about it I'm the first person to find out

We were keeping it to ourselves because you have cooties.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Boy for how much I love Metroid I sure am good at missing the obvious way forward and then spending hours combing through every other location for the solution
    got to area 3 and immediately went "oh, blue block over acid. I need the grapple beam" and just ran around forever trying to find it, only to realize I can spider ball across the ceiling... and then I found the damn grapple beam!

• Options
    The counter in Samus Returns feels like a small taste of what it could possibly be like to have like, Platinum or Ninja Theory or someone make a Metroid game

You'd think it would've been like that when Team Ninja made one but well...

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

At launch?

I don't think so.

Prime discount

actually amazon prime costs one hundred dollars

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    That reminds me I gotta cancel my prime membership because i haven't actually ordered a thing in like two years

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    The counter in Samus Returns feels like a small taste of what it could possibly be like to have like, Platinum or Ninja Theory or someone make a Metroid game

Other M was pretty bad which tracks with these other things you're suggestion.

Edit: Y'know this is unnecessarily negative. Neither of those studios really make the types of games I want for Metroid but I can recognize why other people might be excited by that. Sorry.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think some melee finishers would definitely be kinda fun

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I loved Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    That reminds me I gotta cancel my prime membership because i haven't actually ordered a thing in like two years

I just ordered a Japanese pencil and it arrived in two days!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    In Australia pretty much every game has been discounted physically at release, I want to buy digital for a lot of games but when it's $80AUD in the eshop or $62 in a couple of stores that week it's a decent chunk of change I can put towards buying an indie title as well.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    The gameplay for Other M could have been good with a better control scheme that it wasn't allowed to have

This is a running theme for many conceptual aspects of Other M

• Options

Edit: Y'know this is unnecessarily negative. Neither of those studios really make the types of games I want for Metroid but I can recognize why other people might be excited by that. Sorry.

Hot off the heels of Federation Force I can understand being wary of spinoffs, but I can't imagine why it'd be any worse than Metal Gear Rising - something that is a departure from the series' gameplay, but still celebrates and is a fan of it while doing its own thing.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I would definitely play a Platinum Metroid game that's like Rising.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

At launch?

I don't think so.

Prime discount

Nah I go monthly.

• Options

At launch?

I don't think so.

Prime discount

Nah I go monthly.

My mistake, amazon prime costs one hundred and thirty two dollars.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017

At launch?

I don't think so.

Prime discount

Nah I go monthly.

My mistake, amazon prime costs one hundred and thirty two dollars.

Really don't care. I pay similar for Netflix. In this case though I get a video game discount and free shipping with the streaming service

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Play the Zelda game with monsters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khDfiW2itd0

• Options
    And yeah
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bqSTOh3G8
    I have no idea anymore

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    And yeah
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bqSTOh3G8
    I have no idea anymore

WHEN'S

HECTOR

• Options
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

What on earth

When you've got the gamexplain guys going 'what are you even doing' you have mishandled things colossally

Also Lucina is my favourite FE character and them relegating her to season pass fetish bait saddens me to the core

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    She's in the main game though???

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Also I fully expect FE Warriors 2 to hit after they've done hd remakes of some of the other games, so theyll focus in on other games then

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options

Hot off the heels of Federation Force I can understand being wary of spinoffs, but I can't imagine why it'd be any worse than Metal Gear Rising - something that is a departure from the series' gameplay, but still celebrates and is a fan of it while doing its own thing.

It really just boils down to I don't like games like Rising and would be disappointed if they made a Metroid game like that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.