As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I always wait for at least one fireball.

I get up and get a beer cuz I want them to finish what they started. YOU HEAR ME ASSHOLES? YOU WANT THIS VICTORY YOU BETTER WORK FOR IT.

That might be the schoolteacher in me.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It's just occured to me, with plenty of Dark Knights gaining armour when played, there's potential for some kind of anti-armour card next expansion. Before it'd have been only an anti-Warrior card, now it'd not be total loss vs a Knight.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »
    Grobian wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »
    Seeing some experimentation on the ladder, I hope it sticks.

~plays Jade druid~

:P

I mean more than that I hope it turns out that Blizz nerfed the wrong things, I'm petty like that :P

Are there even any decks that play the Lich King in the meta?

EZ Big Priest for sure. Can't say much for anything else, the only other deck I'm playing right now is Elemental Keleseth Rogue which doesn't run it.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Back to Uya's aggro paladin. The best part of playing this deck is seeing all the curious glimmerroots wiff. I really wish it would show you what the choices are when it's wrong, cause I can only imagine which of my terrible one drops they didn't expect.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    If exodia is surging i'm gonna have to put in a purify in the big priest deck.

a Sw horror/pain for doomsayers 1 &2 and then a purify and silence to break freeze effects on large minions. That should shave a few seconds off the clock you need to put on them?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Data Reaper Live has us at 20% Priest. Druid, Mage, and Hunter are in the teens, and everyone else around 5-10.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/data-reaper-live-beta/?utm_source=main-nav&utm_medium=link

That's a massive drop in Druid, but it's probably just due to experimentation than just a balance shift.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Whadya mean? The ladder is 50% priest right now. That's what it feels like anyhow

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    Whadya mean? The ladder is 50% priest right now. That's what it feels like anyhow

On EU servers, I've been playing Hunter mirror after Hunter mirror at rank 13. It's annoying and weird.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Also, Warrior the least played class? Is this even Hearthstone?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i don't feel like it would be hyperbole to say that fiery win axe becoming fiery lose axe has killed warrior for the foreseeable future

• Options
    Couple undocumented changes.

Evolve/Devolve no longer proc Unlicensed Apothecary.
    Animations no longer prevent you from hero powering a refreshed hero power.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Huge buffs to Beardo OTK Paladin??!??!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I felt the warleader nerf last night when I was playing against a Murloc Paladin as a DK Jaina Freeze. He had a full board of dudes out and I just blizzard'd it expecting it to only freeze them, and it killed like 4 of them. Felt pretty great actually.

Then I primordial glyph'd a spellbender and he gave it spikeridged and conceded. So yeah, that was a fun game.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Had the dream. Turn one: Coin + Prince, Shadowstep, Prince. Turn two: Draw Shadowstep, Prince attack and then Shadowstep, Prince.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i don't feel like it would be hyperbole to say that fiery win axe becoming fiery lose axe has killed warrior for the foreseeable future

I played two games with Warrior this morning while on the bus, won both of them. I took my Pirate Warrior deck and then subbed out the Bloodsail Raiders for Prince Keleseth and Grimy Gadgeteer. I beat a Highlander Priest and a Jade Druid. I'm sure it's a power drop, but I think that there's still some potential.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Yilias wrote: »
    Couple undocumented changes.

Evolve/Devolve no longer proc Unlicensed Apothecary.
    Animations no longer prevent you from hero powering a refreshed hero power.

booh to the first, yay to the second!

edit: nah i guess the first is kinda fair as well. Since there's no way to determine a sequence you either count all minions or none.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    It's a bug fix. Transformation is not summon, so it shouldn't have been working to begin with.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Had the dream. Turn one: Coin + Prince, Shadowstep, Prince. Turn two: Draw Shadowstep, Prince attack and then Shadowstep, Prince.

Whoa, a Rogue deck without Sap or Eviscerate? How does that work?

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

Whoa, a Rogue deck without Sap or Eviscerate? How does that work?

thjis is on stream right now playing prince 2 and prince 4

his list:
    ApTQApziAp7iAgu0Ae0CqAXUBd0IkrYCgcIC68ICysMCyMcCps4CAA==.png

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    my list is

shadowstep x2
    backstab x2
    cold blood x2
    swashbuckler x2
    deckhand x2
    firefly x2
    patches
    keleseth
    shadow rager x2 (memes)
    jungle panther x2
    si:7
    plague scientist
    van cleef
    shadow sensei x2
    cobalt scalebane x2
    vilespine slayer x2
    leeroy
    bonemare x2

premise is fairly simple and harks back to previous metas where tempo/aggro was more popular

buff stealthed stuff, go face with charge stuff, bounce keleseth for the dream combo

• Options
  • Options
    Only caught that last game on stream, but I'll have to check it out.

I like the stealth variant too @Beasteh . Any deck that legit uses a rager is A+ in my book.

• Options
    i don't agree with thijs using shaku at ALL, it's a negative tempo minion in a tempo deck, makes absolutely no sense to me

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i don't agree with thijs using shaku at ALL, it's a negative tempo minion in a tempo deck, makes absolutely no sense to me

Mr Yagut is running a purely aggro deck that I grabbed.

### Aggro
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 2x (0) Backstab
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Cold Blood
    # 2x (1) Fire Fly
    # 2x (1) Hallucination
    # 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
    # 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
    # 2x (1) Swashburglar
    # 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
    # 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    # 1x (3) Shaku, the Collector
    # 2x (3) Southsea Captain
    # 1x (3) Tar Creeper
    # 2x (3) Vicious Fledgling
    # 2x (4) Naga Corsair
    # 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    # 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
    # 2x (7) Bonemare
    #
    AAECAYO6AgayAq8EkbwCyb8CysMCnOICDLQBjALtAqgF1AWStgK5vwKBwgKfwgLrwgKbyAKmzgIA

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Boy those prince cards sure are garbage.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I was on the keleseth train from day 1!

just need to make ticking abomination work and i'll be 2 for 2

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    The 4 drop Prince is more surprising to me than the 2 drop. The 3 drop still seems like garbage.

• Options

Do they get used anywhere other than Rogue?

• Options
    The 4 drop Prince is more surprising to me than the 2 drop. The 3 drop still seems like garbage.

The four drop Prince makes it into decks because often times there are no worthwhile 4-cost cards. Or at least, the four drops are not powerful enough to guarantee a place. If a deck has 35 cards that are potentially strong enough to make it, if you can trim four of those off for one relatively powerful card, you have fewer cards to cut to make 30.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Rogue not having any playable 4 cost cards does not somehow make the 4 mana prince good in any other context.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »

Do they get used anywhere other than Rogue?

Paladin. I am sticking by my 15 one drop deck.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hmm. What's the verdict on post-nerf Innervate? Still worth slotting in? Or do you cut it entirely now?

I haven't actually played since the patch dropped yet, so I don't know...

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Rogue not having any playable 4 cost cards does not somehow make the 4 mana prince good in any other context.

Lots of people are playing the princes for the memes. It's not proven to be a super competitive card.

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular

It is a combination of only having revive plant as a playable 4, and being the only class left without any healing/survival options. So a 4 mana 4/4 taunt lifesteal in a class with no taunts or lifesteal is pretty nice.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Warlock uses the 2-prince sometimes.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular

Rogue desperately wants any kind of lifesteal/healing it can sneak in while holding on to tempo

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    That feel when the Shaman plays both devolves, both hexes, and a lightning storm before turn 8. X_X

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I crafted DK Hunter last night for my midrange hunter deck. I don't know if it's a good fit, but i kinda don't care. I love making zombeasts.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The hunter DK is kind of a neutral card when it comes to being good/bad. Like there are few cases doing 2 damage to a board will clear it nowadays, and if you get crap rng for the beasts it isnt going to do anything for you there either. Its just kind of a chance to break the game in half.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    This is kind of funny since I'm creeping up on 1600 dust and DK Hunter is on my shortlist.

I know Classic legends are supposed to be the first ones you craft, but the pull is strong.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX