Greetings PAX South people! Now that PAX West 2017 is over and the dust is settled I have had some feedback from fellow attendees about the presence of the Forum Badge at both PAX East and West. The comment being 'why doesn't PAX South get a Forum Badge?'. Well the simple reason being is that I do not attend PAX South! But not wanting to see people go without I have an idea to resolve this issue.
As some of you may know the Challenge Coin is organised by different people for each PAX, but that is not the case with the Forum Badge, which is made and created by me. However, there was an incident last year where I could not attend PAX East so while I designed the badge I did not get it printed and sleeved. That was done by someone else and successfully by all accounts.
So this got me thinking, what if someone could take on the reins of not only printing but also designing the PA Forum Badge for PAX South? I will provide the template for the both faces of the badge as well as the crest that is always on its front. So are any of you willing to take on the mantle of PA Forum Badge Creator for PAX South? Let me know in this very thread and we can sort something out!
I am not sure I would be the best person for this as I am not that good with photoshop...but I would be interesting in helping
1) The ability and knowledge to manipulate Photoshop images
2) Follow the template (that will be provided) and sticking to the ISO A6 size all previous years have been
3) Understand the importance of having a bleed edge of no more than 10mm around the perimeter of the badge prior to establishing the design as FINAL.
4) Collecting the names of all contributors to the creator of the Forum Badge and having space for them at the back of the Forum Badge.
5) Ensure that some input from the forum community is engaged and shown through the development of the Forum Badge.
6) All badges must come with an A6 sized plastic sleeve and are printed on 250 mg matt card.
7) Forum Badges are distributed via the BYOC registration desk during PAX. These are handed to the enforcers there from 12:00 on the first day and the remainder collected at 4pm on the last day.
8) Ten questions need to be developed for the enforcer to ask. These need to be updated from previous years as the forums have evolved significantly since they were first developed.
If you still want to help then let me know and I can send all of the relevant material across. Also I will be on hand to assist on the forums so I won't be cutting and running at all!