As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tickets for sale PAX EAST 2018?

• Options
    Parsons_PhotographyParsons_Photography Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    What I think they might do is release them at 3pm EST where almost everyone had lost hope, so BAM! Right when you least expect it

Parsons_Photography on
  • Options
    EradiKateEradiKate Registered User regular
    I haven't showered yet because I'm worried I'll miss the alert.

PAX East Attendee. Professional Tabletop Gamer. Donut Enthusiast.
  • Options
    yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    ScoJoMo wrote: »
    I do agree, but I have a strong preference for Hotels which is why I'm watching the site like a hawk. I know I'll get the passes I want either way (thanks to the death of the 3 day pass)

True. Since the termination of the 3-Day badges, the race seems to be more for the hotels than badges.

I wish you could simply "bundle" when checking out. I miss having one pass for the entire weekend. Its just me and my BF, we dont badge share and dont need separate badges and I didnt even care too much about the cost difference, i just dont want to worry about losing one of 4 badges in my hotel all weekend or wear them the whole time so I dont risk forgettign to swap a day :/

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Used the bathroom, came back to nothing. Maybe i'll try again....brb

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    tamerasuckstamerasucks Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I'm calling 1:30pm

• Options
    LAG

• Options
    harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    I hope the twitter link works better than their site once they are out =(

• Options
    1:30, its gonna be 1:30. <3

• Options
    VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    yutani san wrote: »

I wish you could simply "bundle" when checking out. I miss having one pass for the entire weekend. Its just me and my BF, we dont badge share and dont need separate badges and I didnt even care too much about the cost difference, i just dont want to worry about losing one of 4 badges in my hotel all weekend or wear them the whole time so I dont risk forgettign to swap a day :/

How about elective tattoos? I would do that. PAX East 3 day tattoos, scalp that. :P

• Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    1pm has come and gone. Next! LOL

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I do agree, but I have a strong preference for Hotels which is why I'm watching the site like a hawk. I know I'll get the passes I want either way (thanks to the death of the 3 day pass)

True. Since the termination of the 3-Day badges, the race seems to be more for the hotels than badges.

This would be super nice, I agree. The reason for not doing this is that it requires them to print another badge type and have enforcers and security keep track of another badge type. Once a PAX loses its weekend badge due to trying to make sure more individual people can get in to a PAX, it's not going to get it back for this reason.

• Options
    starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

This would be super nice, I agree. The reason for not doing this is that it requires them to print another badge type and have enforcers and security keep track of another badge type. Once a PAX loses its weekend badge due to trying to make sure more individual people can get in to a PAX, it's not going to get it back for this reason.

I was thinking the same thing, it would be great still for a single badge for multiple single-days. But you're zerzuhl, I'm sure that would just bring further complication

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Options
    GBMaximGBMaxim Registered User new member
    Every 30min, the site slowes down from all the refresh!

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

Thanks for the reply! It makes sense, it just makes it less convenient. I dont know how I've yet to get on the shuttle and realize I forgot to change the day. Its bound to happen lol.

• Options
    ItaraItara Registered User regular
    starNOstar wrote: »
    Itara wrote: »
    I got a warning last year for exceeding the 4 person limit and It wasn't even same shipping address. I think it might have been because I bought them on the same IP address but I'm not sure.

I still think the same IP address is absurd. Most of us are at work when passes go on sale, and being on the same IP address so I'm sure I'm not the only trying for passes here

I agree but that's the only thing I can think of. It was different shipping, different name, different card... the only thing that was the same was the IP address. Least they didn't take them away, it was just a warning... but still. Makes me less likely to risk it again this year.

• Options
    I got a warning last year for exceeding the 4 person limit and It wasn't even same shipping address. I think it might have been because I bought them on the same IP address but I'm not sure.

I still think the same IP address is absurd. Most of us are at work when passes go on sale, and being on the same IP address so I'm sure I'm not the only trying for passes here

I agree but that's the only thing I can think of. It was different shipping, different name, different card... the only thing that was the same was the IP address. Least they didn't take them away, it was just a warning... but still. Makes me less likely to risk it again this year.

everyone in my class atm is refreshing this god damned page.. hope this isn't the case

• Options
    Almost 1:30pm EST.....

• Options
    Start your engines...

• Options
    Almost 1:30pm EST.....

1:30-ish has been my guess all along. However a part of me thinks that the powers that be like to watch us squirm in the mean time...

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Options
    get ready for the site to CRASH

• Options
    I'm one of us and I like watching us squirm. I have to assume that they do.

• Options
    Oops accidentally got carried away with work and just realized its almost 1:30! Im ready for it, this is gonna be it.

• Options
    Oops accidentally got carried away with work and just realized its almost 1:30! Im ready for it, this is gonna be it.

LETS HOPE

• Options

Hopefully....*Crosses fingers*

• Options
    unbelievable

• Options
    edited November 2017

Ugg I can't take this anymore :( I was so certain it would be 1:30.

yutani san on
  • Options
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Last year they went on sale an hour from now, so there's still hope.

• Options

Ugg I can't take this anymore :( I was so certain it would be 1:30.

I'm thinking 3, right where everyone least expects it

• Options
    Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    1:30 has come and gone. 2:00 I feel it's happening

• Options
    I guess it's not the 1:30 window. On to 2 O'clock.

• Options
    ogbaogba Registered User regular
    Maybe they are not selling any badges this year?

• Options
    harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    1:30 has come and gone. 2:00 I feel it's happening

It's feelings like these that are the reason I don't gamble.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    ogba wrote: »
    Maybe they are not selling any badges this year?

They are though, the officials just want to watch the world burn

Parsons_Photography on
  • Options
    Titan222Titan222 Registered User regular
    This is crazy. Already used 1.5 GB of data today on the pax checker alone. My F5 button keeps popping off. When are these tickets going to hit!!!!

• Options
    *looks at clock* only 26 minutes left on lunch for this. Ugh

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Options
    *looks at clock* only 26 minutes left on lunch for this. Ugh

work in a little under an hour (':

• Options
    Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Guys......Can I come out of the bathroom now? Have the tickets gone on sale yet???

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Titan222 wrote: »
    This is crazy. Already used 1.5 GB of data today on the pax checker alone. My F5 button keeps popping off. When are these tickets going to hit!!!!
    What what what? I don't even use a whole GB in a month!

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Guys......Can I come out of the bathroom now? Have the tickets gone on sale yet???

NO! You will stay in there until it confirms our superstitious bias and tickets go on sale!

This discussion has been closed.