As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Russia/Trump investigation thread; Down the never ending rabbit hole

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I'm curious if Mueller is angered by all the stuff he's uncovering. Like, if he loves America above all things partisan, and sees all this ridiculous shit going on (black bagging someone in asylum and sending them to their country of origin to be executed?!) and is just like "oh hell no. Not in my America. Now it's personal."

Is he a consummate professional, just doing his job? Or is genuinely driving at destroying everyone he uncovers under the various rocks he's poking under?

I have to imagine that over the last few months Mueller has had at least one or two utterances of "Jesus" with one hand placed somewhere on his head.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Huh, I forget who it was (John Oliver or Seth Meyers) but Dana Rohrabacher was already pointed out in a segment has being awkwardly pro-Russian. I'm glad he's getting caught up in all this as well, as he should. He's been at this for decades.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    :edit: My bad, apparently he is a Republican. It still stands he's viewed favorably on both sides though, and favors neither side legally.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Huh, I forget who it was (John Oliver or Seth Meyers) but Dana Rohrabacher was already pointed out in a segment has being awkwardly pro-Russian. I'm glad he's getting caught up in all this as well, as he should. He's been at this for decades.
    “There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016, exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    http://www.businessinsider.com/devin-nunes-michael-flynn-turkey-russia-2017-11

Devin Nunes was at a private event with Flynn, Turkish foreign minister, and 30 assorted foreign dignitaries, the Wednesday before the inauguration.

Could be a something, could be nothing. Given the italicized, probably the latter, but I'll file it away in case Jan 18th ever comes up as a date of note.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I'm curious if Mueller is angered by all the stuff he's uncovering. Like, if he loves America above all things partisan, and sees all this ridiculous shit going on (black bagging someone in asylum and sending them to their country of origin to be executed?!) and is just like "oh hell no. Not in my America. Now it's personal."

Is he a consummate professional, just doing his job? Or is genuinely driving at destroying everyone he uncovers under the various rocks he's poking under?

The man is a legal terminator. He's a modern day Eliot Ness.
    If he takes down Trump, there will be movies made and books written about him as long as America exists.

If he doesn’t, well. That’ll be an important part of American history too.

I'd forgotten that in 2004 he and Comey visited John Ashcroft, while he was in intensive care, and threatened to resign if the White House overrode the DOJ's finding that domestic warrentless wiretapping under the Terrorist Surveillance Program was unconstitutional. In front of Ashcroft's wife. And got Ashcroft to agree and go against the white house. And got Ashcroft to appoint Comey deputy USAG so he couldn't be overridden.
    Wasn't there also reports that the threat of judicial violence was implied? In that either Comey or Mueller was willing to have agents under their control arrest or restrain anyone who tried to bully their way past the legal principles involved? Maybe that was an exaggeration, as I can't find a reference to it at the moment.

I absolutely remember that.

https://www.salon.com/2007/05/15/comey_testifies/

Something he learned and used later:
    Card calls Comey and demands that he come to the White House, but Comey refuses to go until he can get Ted Olson, the solicitor general, to accompany him. "After what I just witnessed, I will not meet with you without a witness," Comey tells Card.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »

The man is a legal terminator. He's a modern day Eliot Ness.
    If he takes down Trump, there will be movies made and books written about him as long as America exists.

If he doesn’t, well. That’ll be an important part of American history too.

I'd forgotten that in 2004 he and Comey visited John Ashcroft, while he was in intensive care, and threatened to resign if the White House overrode the DOJ's finding that domestic warrentless wiretapping under the Terrorist Surveillance Program was unconstitutional. In front of Ashcroft's wife. And got Ashcroft to agree and go against the white house. And got Ashcroft to appoint Comey deputy USAG so he couldn't be overridden.
    Wasn't there also reports that the threat of judicial violence was implied? In that either Comey or Mueller was willing to have agents under their control arrest or restrain anyone who tried to bully their way past the legal principles involved? Maybe that was an exaggeration, as I can't find a reference to it at the moment.

I absolutely remember that.

https://www.salon.com/2007/05/15/comey_testifies/

Something he learned and used later:
    Card calls Comey and demands that he come to the White House, but Comey refuses to go until he can get Ted Olson, the solicitor general, to accompany him. "After what I just witnessed, I will not meet with you without a witness," Comey tells Card.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    So, Mueller is a Republican, right?
    Can you imagine what goes in his mind as he is investigating the Republican party and the Republican President?
    Because i can't.

Outside of the toxic mess of electoral politics the race to the bottom is much slower. Conservative civil servants are a different breed than the modern crop of elected ones.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    House of Tards

Nah.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    House of Tards

Nah.

House of Cads

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    So, Mueller is a Republican, right?
    Can you imagine what goes in his mind as he is investigating the Republican party and the Republican President?
    Because i can't.

Outside of the toxic mess of electoral politics the race to the bottom is much slower. Conservative civil servants are a different breed than the modern crop of elected ones.

Constituents and politicians consider these people "RINO". They used to be called Rockefeller Republicans, they're republicans who understand the need of a functioning federal government.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    House of Tards

Nah.

The worst best wing

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    House of Tards

Nah.

House of Cads

Oh, nice save!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    House of Tards

Nah.

House of Cads

Oh, nice save!

Man people from Boston will be confused as heck.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

THE PEE TAPE IS REAL

He has a thread off this tweet going into excessive detail

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Who is Seth Abramson again?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Will it all be worth it if the pee tape gets released?
    ...no
    But my heart says "yes."

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Preacher wrote: »

Pretty sure he was the guy who often gets really excited and makes mountainous assumptions out of molehills of story.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    An excitatable fellow that we exaggerates like woah, promises too much, delivers little and could probably benefit from crafting articles outside of the annoying 70+ tweetchain format.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    At this point I want that tape to be real so god damn bad, If only for the pure salt that it will unleash.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Pretty sure he was the guy who often gets really excited and makes mountainous assumptions out of molehills of story.

That was my thought. I'm pretty sure he has no proof of this yet again. Please can we have a "don't link this known broken clock?" Like dude reports so much shit and more than half of it seems to be wishful thinking.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    http://www.businessinsider.com/devin-nunes-michael-flynn-turkey-russia-2017-11

Devin Nunes was at a private event with Flynn, Turkish foreign minister, and 30 assorted foreign dignitaries, the Wednesday before the inauguration.

Could be a something, could be nothing. Given the italicized, probably the latter, but I'll file it away in case Jan 18th ever comes up as a date of note.

Life is like Flynn and Nunes at a private event of assorted foreign dignitaries.

You never know what kinds of crimes you’re going to get.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Ardol wrote: »
    When was it publicly known or at least rumored that Wikileaks had gotten their hands on the emails? I wonder how the timelines line up for that stuff.

I don't have the space to dig up a timeline of this right now. Maybe the Washington Post has one? I do remember Roger Stone talking about John Podesta (DNC person) ahead of Wikileaks publishing anything connected to him.

• Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular

THE PEE TAPE IS REAL

Got really exited than saw Abramson. It's like getting a call from chicken Little about the sky...

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    The pee tape, if it's real, is like the least bad thing Trump has done. I don't see it changing anyone's mind about anything.

But holy fuck, those Flynn accusations? Contracting to kidnap and deliver an asylumed individual on US soil to a hostile foreign power? Jesus Christ. I wonder if this is why Trump was trying to cover for him early on, and makes me wonder how much he knew and when he knew it. This is legitimately insane to me.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    The pee tape, if it's real, is like the least bad thing Trump has done. I don't see it changing anyone's mind about anything.

But holy fuck, those Flynn accusations? Contracting to kidnap and deliver an asylumed individual on US soil to a hostile foreign power? Jesus Christ. I wonder if this is why Trump was trying to cover for him early on, and makes me wonder how much he knew and when he knew it. This is legitimately insane to me.

It's not what he will go down for but it is what the GOP will abandon him for. It also establishes a much easier to explain blackmail situation.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular

THE PEE TAPE IS REAL

A matter of time indeed.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Marty81 wrote: »

See I disagree, the pee tape is just stupid enough to work. First of all, it's not macho and cool, it's disgusting and weird and smelly (not to kink shame, but just in terms of the average persons response, this scandal would have a "smell"). Secondly you have to fight stupid with stupid. It's also petty and unlike the access Hollywood tape it would prove that trump has been in Putins pocket via blackmail

Prohass on
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    "What did he know, and when did he know it" was the refrain with Nixon, too.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Everything else in that dossier has practically been confirmed by this point. Are we actually still skeptical about The Tape's existence or are we just waiting for clear evidence of it to emerge?

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I mean, all he supposedly did was pay the prostitutes to pee on the bed that the Obamas slept on.

So it's not even water sports, it's literally just them relieving themselves.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Everything else in that dossier has practically been confirmed by this point. Are we actually still skeptical about The Tape's existence or are we just waiting for clear evidence of it to emerge?

Its a nothing story. Like there are real actual awful allegations including today that Flynn conspired to fucking kidnap someone for millions of dollars. Who gives a shit about some low level prostitution weirdness?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    If there is indeed a pee tape, it won't be confirmed until Russia sees fit. I don't see them leaking not on purpose.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Both.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It has always been the salacious and juicy part of the dossier, while also likely being the least bad part of it I can recall, assuming it's as consensually made as one can involving Russian sex workers (which is to say I'd still have a lot of really pressing questions about the whole thing).

If it lands, whatever, Trump has already bragged about sexual assault, he'll cry 'fake news, the guy in that video doesn't have nearly big enough... hands' and Fox will fall over themselves decrying the Obama/Clinton/Warren and their liberal elites in Hollywood for making up this Sad(!) hoax.

At this point it'd mostly be nice to check off 'yup, it does exist' on Russian Collusion And Impropriety Bingo.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I mean, all he supposedly did was pay the prostitutes to pee on the bed that the Obamas slept on.

So it's not even water sports, it's literally just them relieving themselves.

It happened in the evening, not the morning, right?

And I don't think Trump's the kind of person who would willingly sleep on the couch...

broken image link
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular

Its a nothing story. Like there are real actual awful allegations including today that Flynn conspired to fucking kidnap someone for millions of dollars. Who gives a shit about some low level prostitution weirdness?

I think it might be a bridge too far for his base. This Roy Moore stuff might be about to prove me wrong, but I think they'll have a visceral negative reaction to watersports they wouldn't have had about, say, blatant ongoing corruption and foreign collusion

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    If there is indeed a pee tape, it won't be confirmed until Russia sees fit. I don't see them leaking not on purpose.

Leak... The pee tape.
    Tee hee.

Sorry.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Remember back to the Comey memos- Trump was REALLY concerned about this...

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
This discussion has been closed.