As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    how do ships work this time around? is there a kiosk or something?

edit: also, I applied that code for the preorder and none of the stuff was mailed to me? will it come at level 20 or something?

They work like they always have. Amanda Holiday sells base models, you can get Blues, Purples and Exotics as rewards from random things. I actually haven't seen any kiosks for what you've gained. But then again -- I wasn't looking.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    Yeah you get them at level 20

They are dead...you..are..not...
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

edit: also, I applied that code for the preorder and none of the stuff was mailed to me? will it come at level 20 or something?

did you also redeem them again on your profile?

i got the xp boost one in the postmaster after doing that

the sparrow you don't get until you complete the campaign and unlock the ability to use sparrows (even though you can get other sparrows from eververse before doing that), apparently

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Is there any chance I can convince people to post in the ps4 clan threads (or here, or both) if you're willing to have folks join what you're doing. It it sure feels overwhelming for me to try to find folks to play with at the moment. I've had ok luck because I did play with a bunch of folks during D1 and y'all have been beautiful about doing stuff together so far.

However, for folks coming back, for folks looking for help, etc., I can imagine it's not really approachable. It breaks my heart when I see 7 or 8 different games with solo or even pair players. Then when I want to find someone or help out, I need to join 5 different parties (if there are parties) to find out what folks are up to. Some folks like to do bits solo and that is totally ok, but if you want company, take 10 seconds to post quick, or spam party invites, or something.

I know this is a long shot, but I am certain we'd be having more fun, and maybe more noticeably, we'd have more people still playing the game in 3 months, if everyone could always find someone to play with.

TLDR, love playing with you all, would like to do it more.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    ElementWrathhlprmnkyskyknyt
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    anyone up and roughly 140 light? I need a hand doing a strike for an exotic quest related to failsafe, maybe others are also on this quest?

I'm free (in the chunks of time a strike would take anyway) all day so @ me or send me a message on PSN (FauxRomano) if you still need help throughout the day.

@Disrupter Have the quest you need now, well the beginning of it anyway, so let me know when you want to re-do your reward.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I was super pumped when I got my first exotic ship, but then let down when I realized they are just regular ships with fancier paint patterns. I was expecting some nice particle effects or something.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    @ElementWrath - RE: Flashpoints

I had the same question after seeing that Bungie calendar pic. Not sure how spoilery the answer is so click at own risk ...

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    ElementWrath
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I looked it up on my own.

Also I saw someone else here bought multiple Drangs from Tyra for no reason, and I did the same thing.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I was super pumped when I got my first exotic ship, but then let down when I realized they are just regular ships with fancier paint patterns. I was expecting some nice particle effects or something.

Ships are cosmetic envy machines. Although the neat gold flare on spawn is cool.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Ships are cosmetic envy machines. Although the neat gold flare on spawn is cool.

Yeah, mine does an hologram of that bunny from Jade Rabbit. It's pretty neat, I had no idea what caused it to start doing that when I zone in!

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    oh @ElementWrath you might want to update yourself on the mega-roster now that you've changed your gamertag.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Qanamil wrote: »
    anyone up and roughly 140 light? I need a hand doing a strike for an exotic quest related to failsafe, maybe others are also on this quest?

I'm free (in the chunks of time a strike would take anyway) all day so @ me or send me a message on PSN (FauxRomano) if you still need help throughout the day.

Coolio, I'll take you up on that this morning after I get back from the store.

Also, and maybe it's just me? But I'm not digging what they did with Nightstalker in Destiny2. There's just something weird and finnicky about it from how I used to play it verses how I play it now. I don't know why light the pack is on the multi-arrow with the shitty tethers but maybe that's it?

Edit: To elaborate - When I want to make orbs, I go gunslinger now. three precision shots bada bing bada boom, 6+ orbs right? Arcstrider has insane sustainability and crowd control. I don't get Nightstalker's role here.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I wasn't a huge fan of dawnbreaker as a warlock, good not great, but palpatine (I forget what they called the arc class) is now my jam favorite. The little arc soul is super useful.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    ObiFett
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    oh ElementWrath you might want to update yourself on the mega-roster now that you've changed your gamertag.

Can't do it from my phone.

Also, sorry we ended up playing the nightfall without you. I'd be happy to play it again tonight.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    @Disrupter Have the quest you need now, well the beginning of it anyway, so let me know when you want to re-do your reward.

@Qanamil awesome man! I'll add you on psn. I'm not super optimistic it'll work but it's worth a shot.

Fauxromano right?

What's your LL? Recommended for this quest is 260 I think? If you're a lot lower than that we could probably still slug throug it just not sure it'd be fun for you

616610-1.png
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Where the fuck is xur

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Kanden wrote: »
    Where the fuck is xur

Not coming these week. It was announced yesterday.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Where the fuck is xur

Not coming these week. It was announced yesterday.

Last I read this morning he's not making his first appearance till next Friday.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    That's fine. I want to bank more legendary sshards anyway since we have no idea what his prices are like

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    Dyvim TvarCrippl3
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'm also fine with having a week to bank stuff.

I'm still dragging ass getting my Warlock to 20 and finishing the campaign.

Keep getting distracted running lost sectors for loot and tokens.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Disrupter wrote: »

@Qanamil awesome man! I'll add you on psn. I'm not super optimistic it'll work but it's worth a shot.

Fauxromano right?

What's your LL? Recommended for this quest is 260 I think? If you're a lot lower than that we could probably still slug throug it just not sure it'd be fun for you

Oh, just in the 220s right now, but I'm sure I'll get up to at least doable range quick enough.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

did you also redeem them again on your profile?

i got the xp boost one in the postmaster after doing that

the sparrow you don't get until you complete the campaign and unlock the ability to use sparrows (even though you can get other sparrows from eververse before doing that), apparently obviously

FTFY :hydra:

okay, I'll check out the site directly. I assumed using the dlc code/installing it would have sufficed.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Coolio, I'll take you up on that this morning after I get back from the store.

Also, and maybe it's just me? But I'm not digging what they did with Nightstalker in Destiny2. There's just something weird and finnicky about it from how I used to play it verses how I play it now. I don't know why light the pack is on the multi-arrow with the shitty tethers but maybe that's it?

Edit: To elaborate - When I want to make orbs, I go gunslinger now. three precision shots bada bing bada boom, 6+ orbs right? Arcstrider has insane sustainability and crowd control. I don't get Nightstalker's role here.

Nightstalker's role is still to amp damage for the team with tethers. Also the bottom tree gives you 3 arrows and it has the perk that shares damage and makes them explode. Idk, I've really liked it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    minor incidentBasilcB557
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Clan banners are up, make sure to go grab one.

metaghostHugglesZombie GandhiWraith260ChanusHermano
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

How do these things work?

What is this I don't even.
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Have to say I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed with hunters which makes me sad.

Of the 3 sub-classes gunslinger is my favourite but the class ability just feels so meh. I'm hoping against hope there is an exotic or something that can drop the cool down on the dodge reload because as it is, it's not super useful for gunslinger to get a free reload once in a while. With me forgetting about it 50% of the time and manually reloading.

I'd love to see an exotic or something that drops the cool down for the dodge reload on precision hits. Melee dodge can be fun with the recharge dodge on kill and recharge melee on dodge. Had fun killing a pack of hounds with that but it loses its effectiveness on bigger targets.

Thinking I may have to main Titan or something for D2.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    El Mucho wrote: »
    Have to say I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed with hunters which makes me sad.

Of the 3 sub-classes gunslinger is my favourite but the class ability just feels so meh. I'm hoping against hope there is an exotic or something that can drop the cool down on the dodge reload because as it is, it's not super useful for gunslinger to get a free reload once in a while. With me forgetting about it 50% of the time and manually reloading.

I'd love to see an exotic or something that drops the cool down for the dodge reload on precision hits. Melee dodge can be fun with the recharge dodge on kill and recharge melee on dodge. Had fun killing a pack of hounds with that but it loses its effectiveness on bigger targets.

Thinking I may have to main Titan or something for D2.

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

I will miss my Blessing of Light and Helm of Saint-14, but man I'm glad Ward of Dawn got into the game in any aspect. I super loved in the beta being able to choose between an offensive or defensive use of my super.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I seriously do not understand why they removed ships/sparrows from collections in D2. Shaders are a whole other thing, but ships and sparrows...why?

EDIT: I also have a question about treasure maps: is there any reason to hold onto the white items that drop? They don't seem to serve any function I can see, but I know in D1, they sometimes eventually would. Also the rewards for the maps are pretty much horrible it seems. I did 5 I think and 3 of them didn't have anything but glimmer and white items.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Darkewolfeshoeboxjeddy
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm a few hours into the campaign now (and more to come tonight!). Super happy with a lot of things so far. Titan supers getting to just should smash everything is fun (and Captain America mode!). On Titan I did the two public events:
    Spider tank war with the energy balls, all kinds of nostalgia. Even more fun when you end up with 3-6 people all firing away.
    Kill the Wizard event felt like a mini raid, did it with 3 people a few times. It really got me excited for getting gear that I really like and going into events like that.

Wasn't happy with power weapons until I was able to buy a rocket from Sloane and everything was right in the world again.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Quick thoughts from last night:

1. Nightfall was awesome; took us two attempts, but it provided the ideal amount of challenge and tension, demanding coordination and communication. Also, me and @squall99x getting crushed by a Cabal-Ball on the elevator up to the boss was goddamn hilarious.
    2. I have now had Starfire Protocol drop 3 times. Curse you, RNG!
    3. Thankfully Flashpoint yielded a 280 Vigilance Wing.
    4. I wish Stormcaller had been adjusted a bit more, just for the sake of spice, but I'm really enjoying the Rift-oriented attunement.

DevoutlyApatheticLuarithaegaming_librarian

How do you do this?

Darkewolfe

How do you do this?

The NPC for this is post-game, they will inform you of their role when you speak to them via the questmarker.

Gonna try to bust out a bit more light (you need 230, right?) to unlock the Nightfall; wouldn't mind doing that if anyone is playing this early on PS4, in a bit.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Nice thing with the PC version is I'll be hanging out in the destiny discord when it hits so anyone who wants to party up can hop in and find people there in a nice common voice chat. We will be sure to add plenty of channels if necessary and all that.

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Drovek
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

How do you do this?

post campaign, go see Hawthorne.

Gonna try to bust out a bit more light (you need 230, right?) to unlock the Nightfall; wouldn't mind doing that if anyone is playing this early on PS4, in a bit.

The milestone unlocks at 230, but it's not really a 230 Activity.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    So, I'm lagging quite a bit behind you over-achievers; my main focus right now is on an athletic event this weekend so vidya is relegated to spare time and sacrificing sleep is not an option. Having said that, I hit level 7/73 last night in the EDZ. Ended the evening with a common (green) pulse rifle in my kinetic slot and the game got 250% more fun for me. I have really REALLY bad aim, so I always "feather" the trigger in FPS. Pulse rifles are perfect for that style, so it's a perfect fit for me.

Probably not going to play tonight, but after my race tomorrow the gloves come off!

26904.png
    Qanamil
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    So, all of YouTube is full of videos about how the Destiny player base is revolting against Bungie, and that there's a huge uproar and boycott... over shaders being consumable.

So, uh, thanks for not spending thousands of posts freaking out about dumb shit like that here.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    BolthornTravelingMattTrojan35ImperfectBasilMalakaius
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Beat the campaign at 20 LL 217. Moving on the Strikes and whatnot now. I hope they get the clan stuff running soon.

@GMaster7 - What are we using for primary communication with the Clan right now? Discord? Is there a PSN Chatroom? The Guild chat on the app seems very quiet and not very active. I was trying to find some strike buddies last night and outside of individually PMs there wasn't a great option.

I encourage everyone to use the clan page/app (and specifically our LFG chat rooms) to find fireteam members for activities - I think the early days have been a little wonky on the communication front because (a) clan features weren't active, so there wasn't really a reason to hit up the clan page; and (b) everyone was working through the story, so people were at different spots and/or wanted to run solo through that stuff for the first time. Now that people are through (or just about through) the campaign and we'll all be more or less in the "endgame climb," I think there will be more of an incentive to group up.

The traditional best way to find people for activities was to hop between PS Parties and just ask around - "Anyone wanna Crucible? Anyone wanna chain strikes?" - and that's obviously still workable, but I'm hoping that people will pay more attention to the LFG chats and find that space to be useful.

We don't have a platform-specific Discord or PSN Chat (other than the Community, which isn't good for facilitating this). I do agree that no one should have to play solo if they don't want to.

Last night, I grouped up with a couple of people for Crucible and otherwise was playing solo just to focus on knocking out the campaign and stuff. Once I'm in the endgame grind, I am going to be looking to group constantly.

AWWW SHEEEEIIITTTT

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    QanamilWolveSight
This discussion has been closed.