As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So, all of YouTube is full of videos about how the Destiny player base is revolting against Bungie, and that there's a huge uproar and boycott... over shaders being consumable.

So, uh, thanks for not spending thousands of posts freaking out about dumb shit like that here.

Oh there was.

I think it is just down to seething and (for some, me at least) resolve to just not purchase a thing in-game unless it changes.

It helps the game is all around great, and there's no lack of things to do right now.

I suspect when walls begin to be hit with light level, or gear finding, the topic will return with a vengeance.

I just hope, but have no real hope of, eververse purchases being so abysmal that they realize they did done fucked up.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Commodore75
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    What do Clan Banners do?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    Darkewolfe
  • GunjamGunjam Registered User regular
    Are there any openings in a PAX guild? I need a guild on PS4. My ID is Gunjam1980

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Spaffy wrote: »
    What do Clan Banners do?

As they gain levels, they provide extra perks for you. For example, the first unlock is "Gain more glimmer when looting engrams". Every person in the clan adds XP to it to level it up as they do activities. For example, this Adventure I just did added 500xp to the clan. Completing weekly activities like Nightfalls and Raids with clan members can get engram's provided to the whole clan.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    GrifterCommodore75
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    What do Clan Banners do?

you need one to make contributions towards your Clan rank and to reap the rewards of increased rank.

putting the bonuses in spoilers in case anyone's feeling sensitive about that stuff.
    Clan rewards/perks are:

Level 2
    Gain additional Glimmer when looting engrams.

Level 3
    Increase public event rewards

Level 4
    Improve rewards from eliminating Cabal enemies.

Level 5
    Increase the chance of receiving reputation tokens when completing Nightfalls, Raids and Trials.

Level 6
    Increase chance of receiving an engram when completing playlist activities with a clan member.

Commodore75
    So the ghosts that have "Generate Gunsmith telemetry data on <element> weapon kills"

That just means gain rep; right?

Or is it something else?

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    The shader "controversy" is overblown

After 1 day of playing i have a billion shaders

minor incidentHermanocB557Ah_PookBasilBubs
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    is someone around to accept xbone clan invites? (i reapplied the other day... Maguano71) hanx in advance

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

After 2 days of playing I have 8 shaders, and I'm not using any of them since I'm still frequently replacing armor and would have 0 shaders if I was trying to actually use them. It's a dumb system designed to sell more cash boxes.

What is this I don't even.
    SiliconStewChanusDesert LeviathanshrykeDrellokCustom SpecialOne Thousand CablesForever ZefiroAh_PookMoridin889ImperfectJimboshoeboxjeddyskyknytSirialisDizzenPikaPuffCommodore75
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »

After 2 days of playing I have 8 shaders, and I'm not using any of them since I'm still frequently replacing armor and would have 0 shaders if I was trying to actually use them. It's a dumb system designed to sell more cash boxes.

I'm level 13 and I think I have like 20-ish shaders so far, and I'm told they drop way more often once you hit level 20.

As I see it, I should be overrun with the things by the time I'd actually want to use them. The only thing it really restricts is my ability to just cycle through all my shaders and put on a fashion show at the tower.

...not that I ever did anything like that in D1.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    I'm not sure the shader bit is overblown given that instead of coming up with something new to microtransaction in the game, they've instead taken something that was originally free and multi-use, to now free, single use, but you can buy some with real world monies.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    shoeboxjeddyCommodore75Hiryu02
  • weddellkwweddellkw PNWRegistered User regular
    I bought 4 copies of Drang. Don't be like me.
    (in my brain she was just giving me free legendaries to break down.)

XBL: The SquidProQuo
    ElementWrathVahraan
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I'm ready to Nightfall, if anyone is up for a try ?

PSN is Eyekia. I'll be online for the next 3 or 4 hours.

I'm try to set up a the100 account, but it says I already have one, so I'm waiting for a password reset.

• cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Kanden wrote: »
    Clan banners are up, make sure to go grab one.

How do these things work?

She won't give me one.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    Preacher
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    So the ghosts that have "Generate Gunsmith telemetry data on <element> weapon kills"

That just means gain rep; right?

Or is it something else?

I wish I knew, but at one point I looked in my inventory and there was a "telemetry" item (turned in at a gunsmith for rep) that I do not remember ever seeing before.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    I'm not sure the shader bit is overblown given that instead of coming up with something new to microtransaction in the game, they've instead taken something that was originally free and multi-use, to now free, single use, but you can buy some with real world monies.

Single use, but you get a bunch of them and they seem to drop fairly regularly.

Basil
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017

How do you do this?

The NPC for this is post-game, they will inform you of their role when you speak to them via the questmarker.

I feel like I missed something, I am post game.

Edit: someone else explained it

Also I should probably do the flashpoint now.

ElementWrath on

How do you do this?

The NPC for this is post-game, they will inform you of their role when you speak to them via the questmarker.

Ah.
    It is hawthorne. She didn't have anything yesterday, it just started this morning. go talk to her again in the tower

Sirac
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

How do you do this?

Hawthorne is in the Tower, near Ikora (as she was made a Guardian). She is apparently the source of Clan Banners, though you'll see above that Broodax has not received it.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Maguano wrote: »
    is someone around to accept xbone clan invites? (i reapplied the other day... Maguano71) hanx in advance

I'll get you in. Sorry for the delay!

weddellkw wrote: »

This seems to be a recurring issue.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i only just hit 20 last might and i am up to my eyeballs in shaders

i think it will only be annoying if the one i like happens to be the one i keep getting screwed out of by the RNG but other than that, it's dumb that they changed it, and it's clearly to sell more boxes, but it's only mildly annoying, it's not something i would get mad about

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Ah_PookCommodore75
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Saw the lore for the Skull of a Dire Ahamkara posted elsewhere:
    "O BEARER MINE."

What kind of talking skull would address its host that way? A stiff, stuck-up old fossil, not me. Ahamkara: the illusion that one's ego depends on an object, or an idea, or a body. Some people say you should have no ahamkara. Some people say you need to have the right ahamkara. All I know is that YOU are not an illusion. Understand? This world around you, the people you meet—they're a little thin, right? Cardboard and drywall. Cheap theater. Come on, try it out! Say: “I am more real than this.” Feels good, doesn't it? “I am the only real person here.” Isn't it like their insults and their bullets just went a little... soft?

I came to find you, only you, because you're special. You're from somewhere real. And together we can burn our way back there. Can't we, o player mine?

BlackDragon480ElementWrathDesert LeviathanshrykeEl MuchoHugglesKhraulZombie GandhiTravelingMattHermanohlprmnkyBasilMoridin889shoeboxjeddyHiryu02
    cB557 wrote: »
    Saw the lore for the Skull of a Dire Ahamkara posted elsewhere:
    "O BEARER MINE."

What kind of talking skull would address its host that way? A stiff, stuck-up old fossil, not me. Ahamkara: the illusion that one's ego depends on an object, or an idea, or a body. Some people say you should have no ahamkara. Some people say you need to have the right ahamkara. All I know is that YOU are not an illusion. Understand? This world around you, the people you meet—they're a little thin, right? Cardboard and drywall. Cheap theater. Come on, try it out! Say: “I am more real than this.” Feels good, doesn't it? “I am the only real person here.” Isn't it like their insults and their bullets just went a little... soft?

I came to find you, only you, because you're special. You're from somewhere real. And together we can burn our way back there. Can't we, o player mine?

Goddamn 4th-wall-breaking Dragons.

BlackDragon480HugglesKhraulHermanoBasilMoridin889skyknytDizzenHiryu02
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Have we talked about how busted devour warlock is. I have gotten to the point where I start every fight by eating my grenade then just ramboing everything. No time to hang back and methodically pick things off. It's RAMPAGE time!!!

It even refills my grenade. Then I use that grenade to kill a group and that refills my grenade.

initiatefailure on
    BlackDragon480hlprmnkyEriktheVikingGamerBasilsoylenth

what is drang?

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Have we talked about how busted devour warlock is. I have gotten to the point where I start every fight by eating my grenade then just ramboing everything. No time to hang back and methodically pick things off. It's RAMPAGE time!!!

It even refills my grenade. Then I use that grenade to kill a group and that refills my grenade.

Well, time to have another look at voidwalker, it seems.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Ah_Pook
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

what is drang?

Sturm Jr.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So light level stuff ...

I'm at 265 and it seems like planetary faction packages are capped at 265. What's left for me to gain light?

Just the nightfall, weekly crucible and flashpoint? And pray for exotics along the way?

616610-1.png
    I feel like in every fight I am really reliant on health recovery, and if the subclass I'm using doesn't give me good options for it, it feels useless.

soylenth
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So light level stuff ...

I'm at 265 and it seems like planetary faction packages are capped at 265. What's left for me to gain light?

Just the nightfall, weekly crucible and flashpoint? And pray for exotics along the way?

The cap starts to raise, but that seems to be intended as a means to assist alt-development. So, fundamentally you are in fact dependent on Weekly Milestones and Exotic Engrams to advance past 265.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

Well, time to have another look at voidwalker, it seems.

the third perk on that side really pushes it over the edge. Once your kills under devour start recharging your abilities and each kill brings you to full health it gets a little crazy

soylenth
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Got to 11 last night with my Warlock, with Voidwalker opened up. Still haven't left the EDZ, and I don't think I'm going to until I've got Stormcaller unlocked as well. Which means I'll probably do the entire campaign at or near the level cap. I figure I can try to do things in a more level-appropriate fashion with my Titan and Hunter, but having to play a subclass other than my beloved Stormcaller is stressing me out.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    So light level stuff ...

Milestones that reward 'Powerful Gear' as well.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I didn't play destiny 1 enough to know if this was an issue but man, so far in 2 99.95% of my deaths are me going "Oh that looks like a ledge I can stand on do de do OH GOD WHY AM I SLIDING OFF THIS PERFECTLY FLAT LEDGE TO MY HORRIBLE DEATH AHHHH"

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    TravelingMattFawstMoridin889Decatus
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I didn't play destiny 1 enough to know if this was an issue but man, so far in 2 99.95% of my deaths are me going "Oh that looks like a ledge I can stand on do de do OH GOD WHY AM I SLIDING OFF THIS PERFECTLY FLAT LEDGE TO MY HORRIBLE DEATH AHHHH"

This and bouncing off of ledges when trying to stick the landing.

Wraith260ProhassskyknytDizzenPhillishere
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

In D1 you wouldn't slide off of stuff so often, but you would regularly try to jump onto something that looked like it would hold you only to find out that it was angled in such a way to bounce you back out into the void, or your jump carried you just low enough to bump your feet into it and fall. D2 letting you vault up onto a ledge if you're hitting it with just your boots it a godsend.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    QanamilskyknytCommodore75
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The shader change is bad and dumb

Anyway, my first exotic engram decrypted into a Coldheart, really cool game, oh well it got me onto the next step of the Sturm quest at least

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh! Looks like clan stuff is coming online!

GMaster7
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The shader change is bad and dumb

Anyway, my first exotic engram decrypted into a Coldheart, really cool game, oh well it got me onto the next step of the Sturm quest at least

Mine did too.

My third was an insurmountable skullfort.

My Flashpoint "powerful gear" reward was an insurmountable skullfort.

Fucking. Destiny.

This discussion has been closed.