As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    The shader change is bad and dumb

Anyway, my first exotic engram decrypted into a Coldheart, really cool game, oh well it got me onto the next step of the Sturm quest at least

Mine did too.

My third was an insurmountable skullfort.

My Flashpoint "powerful gear" reward was an insurmountable skullfort.

Fucking. Destiny.

Good to know RNGesus still loves us.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Anyone notice cool stuff on patrols? In io I found this taken boss in a cage surrounded by vex. I released him and killed him for a token. I think it was triggered by doing patrols in the area but could just be time based. It's in the first zone by the vendor.

616610-1.png
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    My first exotic is a helmet that makes my titan look like a pocket sand throwing warlock. (Mask of the Quiet One)

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Anyone notice cool stuff on patrols? In io I found this taken boss in a cage surrounded by vex. I released him and killed him for a token. I think it was triggered by doing patrols in the area but could just be time based. It's in the first zone by the vendor.

I take it you don't believe in rehabilitation.

Wraith260ChanustastydonutsTravelingMattHermano3cl1ps3GMaster7A Dabble Of TheloniushlprmnkyDyvim TvarcB557LuarithaeDizzenjjae2123
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The shader change is bad and dumb

Anyway, my first exotic engram decrypted into a Coldheart, really cool game, oh well it got me onto the next step of the Sturm quest at least

Mine did too.

My third was an insurmountable skullfort.

My Flashpoint "powerful gear" reward was an insurmountable skullfort.

Fucking. Destiny.

hopefully your anger over this won't be... insurmountable *chortle gif here*

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    MaguanoStupidHermano3cl1ps3Dyvim Tvar
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Looks like clan stuff is live

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Looks like clan stuff is live

unavailable for me

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Weird, I'm already gaining clan xp and I got a milestone for "powerful" gear based on gaining clan xp

One strike got me 10%

EDIT: just got my clan banner too

Maddoc on
    edited September 2017
    "Weekly Clan Engrams

Each week, your clan can complete these activities to earn Engrams for the entire clan.

At least half of your fireteam must belong to your clan.

The Crucible Engram requires a single win, and the Trials of the Nine Engram requires a 7-win ticket."

Activities are a Crucible, Nightfall, Raid, and Trials

Anyone want to do clan Nightfall today?

Maddoc on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Weird, I'm already gaining clan xp and I got a milestone for "powerful" gear based on gaining clan xp

One strike got me 10%

EDIT: just got my clan banner too

you'll see 2 pop ups, 'Clan XP' and 'Personal Clan XP'. you can track progress of both the clan and you're own contribution on the Clan page of the directory/menu.

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »

I take it you don't believe in rehabilitation.

Idiots keep putting Fallen into prisons without taking their guns away first.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    EchoChanusBlackDragon480cB557skyknyt
    edited September 2017
    Okay yeah looks like doing a strike gives 500, and you can contribute up to 5000 a week and get what sounds like a nightfall-tier reward

Maddoc on
    QanamilChanusBlackDragon480
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    "Weekly Clan Engrams

Each week, your clan can complete these activities to earn Engrams for the entire clan.

At least half of your fireteam must belong to your clan.

The Crucible Engram requires a single win, and the Trials of the Nine Engram requires a 7-win ticket."

Activities are a Crucible, Nightfall, Raid, and Trials

Anyone want to do clan Nightfall today?

if i'm nightfall ready this evening i would be up for one

i'm at like 220-something light right now, so i might not make it in time since I won't be home til 6:00EST-ish, but

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Disrupter
    Oh. The clan perks seem impossible in a small clan. But the rewards seem super possible.

I may have to leave to start a clan for me and my buddies...

I'm very conflicted.

616610-1.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Weird I'm in the clan, but can't get a banner or anything, I hope that's just feeling stuff out. Like we just did a nightfall and only one us was flying PA.

NVM restarting the game fixed it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2017
    Preacher wrote: »
    Weird I'm in the clan, but can't get a banner or anything, I hope that's just feeling stuff out. Like we just did a nightfall and only one us was flying PA.

might be that its rolling out gradually. the clan page in-game does only have us at 33 members and is having trouble bringing up the roster, so might just have to wait a bit.

EDIT: does explain why we didn't get the Nightfall marked off though.

Wraith260 on
    Preacher

Restart the game. I restarted my ps4 and it was clan time when I came back

616610-1.png
    Preacher
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    First DLC details just got confirmed by the Xbox store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/destiny-2-expansion-i-curse-of-osiris/c4s6htbkv5hq

Description:
    Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris continues your Guardian’s journey with all-new story missions and adventures set in a new destination, Mercury. Journey through time and space to learn the secrets of Osiris, avert a dark future, and rebuild the ties between the legendary Warlock and his greatest student - Ikora Rey.

Features:
    - Explore Mercury and its mysterious "Infinite Forest"
    - New story missions and adventures
    - New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
    - New cooperative activities
    - New competitive multiplayer arenas
    - And more...

Wraith260HermanoshrykeBlackDragon480StupidGMaster7HugglescB557Khraulsoylenthjjae2123
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'd like to comment on the music:

It's fucking awesome.

Carry on.

KyanilisEvilMonkeyChanusCrippl3MechanicalDrellokBolthornBlackDragon480HugglescB557KhraulsoylenthMoridin889Custom SpecialskyknytDecatusHiryu02Ticaldfjam
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I have such awesome head canon about Mercury that I almost wish they wouldn't, because inevitably they won't be able to live up to the cool shit they produced with the tiny bit of mercury we got to see.

What is this I don't even.
    Huggles
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    I've added myself to the100, if I could get a moderator to approve me ?

Username is Eyekia, thanks.

Infinite forest sounds a lot like randomized dungeon crawls to me but maybe I'm getting my hopes up...

616610-1.png
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

Restart the game. I restarted my ps4 and it was clan time when I came back

Man if it's Friday it's always clan time

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    BillyIdle
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Infinite forest sounds a lot like randomized dungeon crawls to me but maybe I'm getting my hopes up...

According to the Kotaku report from a week or so ago that matches up with these details, it's a new patrol zone.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So I guess some players are getting to LL280+. How?

By creating multiple of the same class and transferring gear over to be able to complete weekly activities over and over again.

One streamer has a LL287 character after playing for 61 of the last 72 hours.

cB557Luarithae
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Question about subclass unlocking;
    I have a warlock relic, and killed the required guys to unlock it, but it's telling me to go to the travellers shard in the EDZ...um, where is that/how to do i get there? I have the Farm which says its on the outskirts of the EDZ, but after wandering around there for awhile I'm no closer to finding where it wants me to go..

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

By creating multiple of the same class and transferring gear over to be able to complete weekly activities over and over again.

Didn't people perform something similar in Destiny 1?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    ObiFettDyvim TvarMoridin889skyknyt
    I have a warlock relic, and killed the required guys to unlock it, but it's telling me to go to the travellers shard in the EDZ...um, where is that/how to do i get there? I have the Farm which says its on the outskirts of the EDZ, but after wandering around there for awhile I'm no closer to finding where it wants me to go..

go to the EDZ patrol zone. you'll see a marker on the map that'll load in close to where you need to go.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    On your map, there will be a big token in the color of that subclass element. Select that, and go to "launch", and it will start you on a mission.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Ahh, thanks guys, I see it now, Dunno why it didn't click with me that the EDZ was earth

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    I was already pretty happy about Devourlock and its synergy with my preferred "punch your way free" style of CQC, but then my first exotic engram decrypted to Nezerac's Sin, a helm with the perk "Void-damage kills increase ability energy recharge rate."

Now I don't punch my way free - I punch my way to victory.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
    ElementWrathBolthornChanusBlackDragon480Ah_PookDesert LeviathaninitiatefailureHugglescB557Moridin889Decatus
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I think only 1 set of people have to do something in the clan for everyone to get the rewards, I just got one for clan nightfall despite never doing a nightfall

ChanusMaddocPreacherKhraul
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

y tho

Al_watinitiatefailurePreacherKhraulrndmheroHiryu02
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Applied to the PC clan.

3cl1ps3Wraith260HugglesElementWrath
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

y tho

Higher light means easier time in the Raid which means its more likely you get to be the world first to clear it.

Dyvim Tvartastydonuts
  • BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular

While kinda cool and congratulations on the ingenuity. I like sleep and food and bathing more than maxing my light level that fast.

EvilMonkeyEl MuchoBlackDragon480CormacStupidImperfectHugglesKhraulHiryu02
    Bolthorn wrote: »

While kinda cool and congratulations on the ingenuity. I like sleep and food and bathing more than maxing my light level that fast.

i mean what even kind of wannabe nerd are you if you do things like sleep and bathe

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Bolthorn wrote: »

I'm guessing LL 285+ has quite the funk coming off it. The type of smell you can taste from 30 feet.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Huggles
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

When you infuse a legendary into an exotic, it gains a higher LL then the legendary had. All of my best gear is exotics. My current chest armor is a 270LL exotic. I got that when I infused a 262LL legendary chest into a 240 exotic chest armor. So long as you get enough exotics you can infuse up exotics, and then infuse those into legedary gear so you can high slot everything.

PSN|AspectVoid
    Commodore75
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Huh, the Twitch integration is pretty cool. You can check their gear and stuff.

g56kue39qepe.png

shrykeBlackDragon480Wraith2603cl1ps3Al_watQanamilHugglesminor incidentcB557hlprmnkyLuarithaeCustom SpecialskyknytAPacMan
This discussion has been closed.