As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    What is clan xp and personal clan xp? Seeing that pop a lot now that I'm in the xbox clan while doing quests.

'clan xp' is when someone else in the clan has completed an activity contributing to your clans rank. 'personal clan xp' is your own contributions. everyone is capped at a max contribution of 5000 xp per week.

And the clan is capped at 100k.

Which we reached already (on PS4).

Fortunately it doesn't stop you from earning personal XP for the Milestone.

didn't realise it capped if you rank up within the week. does give an idea of how long the seasons will be though.

No idea of higher levels require more XP, but the 100k took the PS4 clan to level 2, so that's the first banner bonus. Also the Crucible/Nightfall boxes have been checked for the week, so make sure to grab those engrams.

Mostly done for anything weekly on my Titan. A couple missions left and yep. :rotate:

I'm assuming if you make more characters they have their own weekly milestones? And likely clan rewards?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So last night trying to get a crucible game on xbox was near impossible making me wait for 20 minutes with no matches, but now it's literally freezing the game whenever I try to get into a game. Anyone else having issues like this?

Steam: offday
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    getting around to finishing the campaign

i just gotta quote seinfeld here

looooove the drake!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    So with the PS4 clan being full, is somebody going to make a second clan? Or will there likely be spots open in a month or two? I don't get much gaming time these days, so I'm not in a big hurry to join in on end game stuff, but will be sticking with this game for the long haul and would like to get in on some clan action at some point.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    So with the PS4 clan being full, is somebody going to make a second clan? Or will there likely be spots open in a month or two? I don't get much gaming time these days, so I'm not in a big hurry to join in on end game stuff, but will be sticking with this game for the long haul and would like to get in on some clan action at some point.

The clan is currently full, though @GMaster7 is planning to double-check the current roster to make sure that all members that were "grandfathered" in are active in Destiny 2. There is a wait-list at the moment of like... 6 people?

But Chrysis did just leave, so someone will be getting brought up to the big leagues.

Alternatively, I think some folks in SE++ have started a clan?

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    What is clan xp and personal clan xp? Seeing that pop a lot now that I'm in the xbox clan while doing quests.

'clan xp' is when someone else in the clan has completed an activity contributing to your clans rank. 'personal clan xp' is your own contributions. everyone is capped at a max contribution of 5000 xp per week.

didn't realise it capped if you rank up within the week. does give an idea of how long the seasons will be though.

No idea of higher levels require more XP, but the 100k took the PS4 clan to level 2, so that's the first banner bonus. Also the Crucible/Nightfall boxes have been checked for the week, so make sure to grab those engrams.

Mostly done for anything weekly on my Titan. A couple missions left and yep. :rotate:

I'm assuming if you make more characters they have their own weekly milestones? And likely clan rewards?

yeah we just hit it rank 2 as well. we weren't that far behind you guys. :P we got out Crucible engram too. unfortunately since i was the only one who'd received their banner, we didn't get the Nightfall when Preacher, Travesty and I ran it earlier. am a little pissed by that, but oh well.

also, just got a 268 engram from Failsafe so i guess the NPC care packages do go over 265. am sure it'll be figured out who gives what and at what level before long.

EDIT: Banshee too. maybe just the Vanguard that cap at 265?

EDIT 2: nope, Zavala is offering a 268 engram for when i rank up too.

Wraith260 on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My 5000 clan xp reward got me a 278 class mark, and a 285 exotic power weapon
    The Prospector

Wraith260cB557anoffdayEl Mucho
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Sould I bother trying to level my leveling exotics?

What is this I don't even.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Sould I bother trying to level my leveling exotics?

If you like them sure? Like on my baby titan I'm leveling the doom shoulders because DOOM DOES WHAT HE WANTS!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    metaghostKhraul
  • CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Would it be best to not open the clan rewards until I'm 20 and/or near 260? The rewards are around until next week's reset right?

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    I've added myself to the100, if I could get a moderator to approve me ?

Username is Eyekia, thanks.
    When I get back to my house and boot up my laptop, I'll approve it. Assuming I still have that power of course.

On a side note, I hope I can finish the storyline tonight.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Exotics are only a single shard to infuse, level them if you want to keep using them for sure

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Failsafe is growing on me.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Exotics are only a single shard to infuse, level them if you want to keep using them for sure

Infusion accounts for the shard-value of the infused item. So infusing a rare into an exotic costs 5 shards, as rares have no shard value.

cB557Basilskyknyt
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Failsafe is growing on me.

Actually, I found myself a fan of Failsafe from the beta. Meeting them in game made me like them even more. Nessus might be my favorite planet just because of them.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Bl

yeah we just hit it rank 2 as well. we weren't that far behind you guys. :P we got out Crucible engram too. unfortunately since i was the only one who'd received their banner, we didn't get the Nightfall when Preacher, Travesty and I ran it earlier. am a little pissed by that, but oh well.

also, just got a 268 engram from Failsafe so i guess the NPC care packages do go over 265. am sure it'll be figured out who gives what and at what level before long.

Strange. What's your max light at?

616610-1.png
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    oh weird, does bungie.net not let you look at your character and shit anymore?

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    metaghost wrote: »

Infusion accounts for the shard-value of the infused item. So infusing a rare into an exotic costs 5 shards, as rares have no shard value.

Oh, huh, I guess I just didn't notice because I never bothered until later

Still, you get junk purps fast enough that 4 isn't a huge cost either

Wraith260Basil
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Btw, the 5k personal clan xp milestone is per character, not per account. Patrols seems to be the fastest way honestly, 20 and you're done

Disrupter wrote: »
    Bl

about 274 i think.

Hardtarget wrote: »
    oh weird, does bungie.net not let you look at your character and shit anymore?

not currently at least. i imagine they'll be adding that back at some point though. would be weird not too.

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Man I did a bad thing today. The only thing I had scheduled at work was to do some training with our new hire at 11. Moved that up to 10:30 since we were both free and I was finished with him at like noon. Nobody else is basically in the office today and we have a xbox in the lunch room.

Used the win 10 app to stream Destiny 2 to my laptop in my office and discovered that the xbox controller is just in range of the xbox if I'm sitting at my desk. Lets just say I then played 4 hours of destiny after that....

Then I just did like 10 minutes of work and I guess it's time to go home! best office day ever!

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    Wraith260KhraulQanamilChanusEvilMonkeyskyknytEl MuchoDizzen
    edited September 2017

about 274 i think.

I had mentioned this earlier, but yeah, the rep engrams do scale up past 265, but it's not in sync with the player's LL. So it seems to be largely a means for assisting alts and diversifying your viable armaments.

metaghost on
    Wraith260Luarithae
    hmm xbone might be having some problems, having trouble connecting to planets

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

about 274 i think.

I had mentioned this earlier, but yeah, the rep engrams do scale up past 265, but it's not in sync with the player's LL. So it seems to be largely a means for assisting alts and diversifying your viable armaments.

looks like encrypted engrams that drop in the wild scale at the same rate. just had a 268 waiting for me at the post master.

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    so, what did I miss with ghosts? I got 1 in EDZ and haven't seen once since...

So I was wrong, blues don't cap at 265, I've started getting blues at 267 now

I guess I tripped over some light threshhold

Nevermind restarting the game fixed it, weird issue though.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Don't suppose anyone wants to run the Exodus Black strike, need it for a quest

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Also, the gear decoding higher isn't a plus for alts unless you're running multiple of the same character. Armor infusion is locked per class. Can't use titan pieces to infuse some hunter gear for instance

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Strike playlist definitely just shunted me into a strike all by myself... which was okay because I wanted to finish my third challenge without bothering others, but come on.

• LuarithaeLuarithae Registered User regular
    Having much fun. We failed the Nightfall (we were close though) but I think after sleep we will be ready again.

Another random thought, I adore arc soul in stormcaller. Besides giving something for my fireteam, I feel I have a familiar.

They are dead...you..are..not...
    metaghostPreacherskyknyt
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I'll be on Xbox all today up for whatever, my level is 264. I'm Australian so my Timezone might not quite match up, it's currently morning here

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Luarithae wrote: »
    Having much fun. We failed the Nightfall (we were close though) but I think after sleep we will be ready again.

Another random thought, I adore arc soul in stormcaller. Besides giving something for my fireteam, I feel I have a familiar.
    I was briefly very excited by how we all had these little balls following us when a stormcaller using that was on my team earlier today.

Luarithae
    Looking at the Xbox clan it says we're at 2, I have zero contribution, just did a public event and didn't add anything, am I missing something?

Prohass wrote: »
    Looking at the Xbox clan it says we're at 2, I have zero contribution, just did a public event and didn't add anything, am I missing something?

seems to cap for the week once we hit rank 2. once you have your banner you should still get your own personal clan xp for the milestone though.

cB557Crippl3
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    My 5000 clan xp reward got me a 278 class mark, and a 285 exotic power weapon
    The Prospector

I have one, too, and really like it, despite early misgivings.

It's great against stationary targets, and just melts walkers.

Preacher
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

about 274 i think.

They, and blues, can help you if you have one slot that is just refusing to drop from the few higher level rewards. I think my helmet has been at what blues are dropping for me for quite a while now.

On another note, holy shit hitting 280 feels great because you can then make your own damn purple mods and stop being shackled to what exotics have dropped. Still don't know what if any mods exist for the primary slot which kinda blow but, well:
    Mida is a pretty alright primary.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited September 2017
    Prohass wrote: »

seems to cap for the week once we hit rank 2. once you have your banner you should still get your own personal clan xp for the milestone though.

Hmm I must have gotten the reward already then when I spoke to the dispenser and just missed it, cool cool

Prohass on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Bwaahahaa.

Man, Nom-nom Warlock is a lovely engine of murder. Topping off my health by head shotting or punching a random mook while under fire is the best. I often outlive handfuls of other players who try to stick around in the areas I'm comfortable in. I may as well just leave my field set to Kill Harder. Managed to hit 240 after some more noms, too.

I have this pair of Exotic boots which are my favorite things:
    Transversive Steps, they increase sprint speed by what seems to be a hefty amount, and reload my energy weapon while I sprint! This is super handy as a Nom-nom Warlock, since rushing over to slap something in the face is a vital part of my game plan. Augmented sprinting burst jumps also clear one hell of a distance. I haven't really tried to blink with them, yet.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    ProhasshlprmnkyKevin CristDizzen
This discussion has been closed.