As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Someone had commented that once you hit 20, all engrams decrypt at the highest light level across all your chars - fwiw, this doesn't mean packages, which are still pretty lowly on my ~200ish alt. So uh, don't collect anything until you're 265 on your alts.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Hmm wait just got some xp for doing a mission, maybe public events don't count towards clan xp?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've got a couple purple armor mods, starting to think about Fashion now that I'm considering slotting them into gear to raise my power a bit more

Sadly, my only good gloves are exotic and don't match the look I'm going for

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    It's good to see that "this stuff that looks like leather and feathers is actually a fully functional spacesuit" is still a thing that's still handwaved so hard Destiny.

For the exotics you get via campaign, is there a way to get the ones that you don't pick?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    RNG!

Personally, I'm planning on running an alt to Titan real fast

So the rat kings crew item, what the heck is that?

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    So the rat kings crew item, what the heck is that?
    You need to do the steps in a fireteam of at least two.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    got around to finishing the campaign

not bad

would do again eight more times

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    HermanocB557El Mucho
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    It's good to see that "this stuff that looks like leather and feathers is actually a fully functional spacesuit" is still a thing that's still handwaved so hard Destiny.

For the exotics you get via campaign, is there a way to get the ones that you don't pick?

i assume they're all in the general loot table

these credits are like super long

Wraith260
    no special thanks chanus for buying destiny games five times wth man

Kid PresentableArch
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Any suspicion as to how long you can leave stuff to be picked up from the various people? Like the clan engrams, if I wait, will they stack up or do they basically block any future rewards until picked up?

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
    Marikir wrote: »
    Any suspicion as to how long you can leave stuff to be picked up from the various people? Like the clan engrams, if I wait, will they stack up or do they basically block any future rewards until picked up?

you'll have to pick them up to get anything that you'd earn after them

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So are there no penalties to dying? I seem to just respawn and close to the action most times.

Kind of related to that question, is there any reason why I shouldn't let my son run around getting killed in my game while I'm doing other things? Items don't seem to get damaged and need repaired or anything. Curious if there is any way he could potentially mess up my game and whether or not I should just create a character for him to play around with.

Final question (for now) we don't sell items in the game, right? If there's an items/weapon/etc. I don't want I should always dismantle it, right?

Steam: offday
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    So are there no penalties to dying? I seem to just respawn and close to the action most times.

Depends on the activity. Theres regular activities where you can respawn on a very short timer, Darkness Zone activities where if the entire fire team dies, you restart at the last checkpoint, and theres hard mode raids, which in Destiny 1, you get no revives at all until the encounter is beaten. Unknown if that has stayed the same in D2

BasilcB557
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Anyone up for Nightfall on Xbox? Figure we could get the clan the free engram. I'm LL 263.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
    So it seems like each planet has a couple different sets of armor

Like I've not turned in a lot of Io tokens, so I'm pretty sure that's where the Titan Gensym Knight set comes from, and Titan is where Lost Pacific and Retrograde is awarded, etc

Wonder how long until there's a full list, I can't remember where I got this Terra Concorde stuff but I want a full set

• Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Like I've not turned in a lot of Io tokens, so I'm pretty sure that's where the Titan Gensym Knight set comes from, and Titan is where Lost Pacific and Retrograde is awarded, etc

Wonder how long until there's a full list, I can't remember where I got this Terra Concorde stuff but I want a full set

You can preview what drops from the engrams by press y or triangle on the big engram I believe.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
    MaddocBasilForever ZefiroDyvim Tvar
    aww... got my first graphics lock-up in the middle of a mission. :<

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hey hi, I just got this for xbone. Looking forward to shooting dudes together.

Wraith260cB557Crippl3PreacherProhassanoffdayEvil MonkeyKhraulDizzenIron Weasel
    Okay yep, that does it

Looks like Kerak, Retrograde, and Terra Concorde are just dispersed amongst all of them

Also if you want the "starting" armor before it got all fucked up, go spend some time with Ikora

BasilPreacher
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

You can preview what drops from the engrams by press y or triangle on the big engram I believe.
    Though that's just with the rep rewards from vendors, and some quest rewards, I think. And those often aren't able to fit the entire loot pool.

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    That moment when you delete part of your gear set that had the sweet shader on it that you used the last of because you got better legs of the same type but instead of just infusing you deleted them because you're a moron.

Fuck these new shaders.

DevoutlyApatheticCrippl3Local H JayMarikirMorivethThe Dude With HerpesLuarithaeDyvim TvarDarkewolfeEl MuchoHexDex
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Okay, time for a post campaign mega post. All behind spoilers for people who haven't finished yet:
    The Good:
    -It looks great! Really liking the visual gloss put over everything. Fallen explosions are even better than before. Clearly last gen graphics WERE holding them back before if this is what they WANTED to do.
    -It still plays really fun! I have gotten into some Crucible and it's not as ruined as I feared from the Beta.
    -I enjoyed the story and the more varied objectives this time (drive a tank!)
    -I enjoyed the more character driven story... mostly. We'll come back to this. Many of the new characters are interesting and good additions. I need the old ones to come back though. Not enough commentary from characters I knew about this shocking situation.
    -Many QOL updates are nice. The map, better loading, guns and armor being ready to use right off the bat, etc. So much of the game has been buffed, it's REALLY obvious when they've deliberately fucked something up... see below.

The Iffy:
    -I do not like how completed Campaign missions and all Strikes can't be selected as you wish. Hiding both of these behind playlists is shitty. In D1, you had to do Strikes in playlists to get decent rewards. Now you just can't do a strike at will at all. That's bad.
    -I guess D1 had level caps on campaign missions maybe, but I never really ran into them at all. Running Bounties concurrently with doing stuff kept you way above curve. I hit the level cap THREE TIMES by trying to play through the story campaign in a row. Okay, so I'll do some Adventures to hit the right level... oh wait...
    -No Sparrows until post campaign was a shit head decision. A progression that doesn't allow for just playing the story straight through forces you into Adventures and Open World stuff. Which sucks without a Sparrow, because that's all DESIGNED for you to have a Sparrow! There's nothing fun about running down a long highway loading area designed for Sparrow travel. D1 never made this mistake, I don't know what the flip they were thinking. A Sparrow is more "special" once you're level 20 I guess? It's a basic QOL life tool for the design of the game, it shouldn't ever have been treated as a secret bonus reward.
    -They ruined Collections. No ships, no sparrows, they completely turbo fucked shaders... ugh. You think they would have leaned harder into these, maybe with meta achievements for building a collection, instead it was clearly an after thought. With not much emphasis on the "thought".
    -The trailer hype for the Vanguard was uh... pretty much hype. I enjoyed the game focusing on their personalities, but "Cayde does a surprising thing and tries to be a hero" is some trailer nonsense. Cayde does what he did in Taken King and tries to put a sneaky plan into action, while being somewhat unjustly insulted by every other character. They leaned TOO too hard on the jokey jokes for some parts. Cayde said the word tank about 83 times. It's too much, jokes are funnier when they are mixed with serious, intriguing, or other kinds of dialogue.
    -Because of the issues mentioned with characters above, the world actually feels smaller. They pretend you are the only active Guardian, so there AREN'T interesting side operations happening. Bad move for an MMO.
    -I am in shock that they didn't take the opportunity to let you control all four directions for emotes (programming them to whatever spaces you wished). How... could you keep the taped on solution from Destiny 1 as though that was a good idea?

The Bad:
    -The "player character is the only hero" stuff has gotten out of control. EXPLAIN strikes or the Raid then?! Explain the fricking Crucible?? It's insane to me that their lore is actually fine for an MMO game, but the story actively breaks it out of pure stupidity. Why can't other Guardians touch the Traveler Shard? Shouldn't it at least be explained that they HAVE and nothing happened?
    -Seriously Crucible with quickplay and competitive and THAT'S IT??? When it said "play two rounds of quickplay to unlock the Crucible", I assumed I would open playlists for the modes. Lol nope, random roulette in two flavors is it. This is... shockingly bare bones. Unacceptable I would say, actually.
    -Oh lordy does the expansion of Eververse pop a blood vessel in my head. Long story short, we went from "just cosmetic" to "and also gameplay advantages" and "oh yeah, we fucking ruined the cosmetic system from the previous game to make even more of infinite money."

I'm actually... not feeling the "Oh my god this is such a titanic improvement to the shitty Destiny 1" sentiment permeating the internet. I suppose that's because I like Destiny 1. More likely, it's because the people quickest to say that didn't play the full Destiny 1, they played Vanilla campaign and maybe Taken King campaign and then quit. This feels like a logical improvement with some systems that have actually regressed, like a big update to a sports game franchise.

This would go in the iffy, but this isn't a possible spoiler so I want to discuss it here. I don't think the "Heavy weapon slot" works. People asked Bungie how they balanced rockets against shotguns against fusions. Well... they didn't. At all. Using a shotgun in PvE is a dumb fucking thing to do, since bosses still all have that Guardian clearing stomp. Some of the bosses are FLYING like 20 feet away! It's essentially saying "yeah, I'll just not have an extra damaging weapon for tough enemies." Meanwhile, surprising no one, rockets are way better for that kind of work! The system has some logic to it for PvP, but it sucks shit on PvE.

shoeboxjeddy on
    Prohass
    Anyone up for Nightfall on Xbox? Figure we could get the clan the free engram. I'm LL 263.

I am, in a strike now but feel free to add me on xbox live, Prohass

Just the fact that you don't need to keep popping out to orbit makes the campaign flow a thousand percent better all by itself

PreacherskyknyttastydonutsHugglesKhraul
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I don't think I understand the infusing system and I keep reading about people accidentally deleting gear instead of doing whatever it is it's supposed to do.

• Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    I don't think I understand the infusing system and I keep reading about people accidentally deleting gear instead of doing whatever it is it's supposed to do.

Some item mods give +5 to effective level of the item

But that bonus does NOT count for infusions

That's basically it, I think. You just need to check if an item has that mod before you do anything involving infusing with it

MaddoccB557KhraulDyvim Tvar
    edited September 2017
    It's not that crazy, the only hiccup is you have to take into account the base power before any purple mods

Infusing raises the item to the base power of the consumed item

So if you have a gun that is 220 and you really like it, and you have a gun that is 265 of the same type and you don't give a fuck

You go into the details on the 220 gun, hover over infuse, select the 265 gun, and hold down the button to consume it and the gun is now 265 power

Now, where people get confused is if an item has a purple mod in it, that will raise the power by 5. This is not counted during infusion.

So my 274 boots have a purple mod, that raises their power to 279, but for infusion purposes their power is still 274 because it only looks at the base power.

Likewise, if I infuse 280 base power boots into those, their power will raise to 285 because that purple mod is still in there giving them +5 power.

Maddoc on
    Foolish ChaoscB557Kid PresentableCommodore75
    @M-Vickers I approved your entry into the 100.io group.

There were also 2 other applicants. I've approved them as well.

And now, booting up to try and finish off this first run through the story.

cB557
    i got this legendary scout rifle manannan sr4

this gun fucks

it remind me of hung jury

i think ima keep it

MaddoccB557Fawst
    Generally speaking, when you get an item if it's a few points higher than what you've been getting, check and see if it has a purple mod, I've randomly gotten some gear very rarely with purple mods and pre-280 that is INCREDIBLY valuable.

Generally speaking, when you get an item if it's a few points higher than what you've been getting, check and see if it has a purple mod, I've randomly gotten some gear very rarely with purple mods and pre-280 that is INCREDIBLY valuable.

Can you remove those mods?

I am pretty sure removing them deletes it

Dyvim Tvar
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Having opened several bright engrams from leveling up, if people are buying those to get like rare mods or something they must be seriously spending beacoup money because most of the time they are super cosmetic.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I loved the chimera aspect of the nightfall, though next time we do it we'll have to do the same with our classes having two arc locks probably not the smartest.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Where do Legendary Mods come from that isn't crafting them? Because I've gotten a few but I'm not sure where they came from.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
    edited September 2017
    Did my two competitive matches for Shaxx. Felt exactly like Destiny 1, ha. Me vs getting matched against stacks. Also nearly everybody at or near the cap. haha... I'm level 10. I also have 5 unspent upgrade points but I'm saving them for Gunslinger... <3

While it's not quite an NL-Shadow and I don't like the full auto, the Sea Scorpion-1SR is shaping up to be my favorite scout so far. Also the only scout I have. That said, I just failed to win a round by wiping out the opposing team as the last man standing. Got to the final guy-a striker-natch, pops me with his super. He missed the slam, and if this was Destiny 1, that would have have been it. But... nerp. Roaming supers~ <3 Then they just stuck together the last few rounds and bled our lives away. Second match is vs another clan or w/e. They liked to dance at the end of the round, it's like... okay? heh.

But I got some 115 power hunter leather boots wherein the cuffs one leg are folded down because... why? I also think the tongue on the longer cuffed side is either cut short or folded into my boots and I don't get it. At least now I understand why somebody said the gear has a The Division vibe, ha.

edit: I also learned that the MIDA is back too, heh.

tastydonuts on
    skyknyt wrote: »
    Where do Legendary Mods come from that isn't crafting them? Because I've gotten a few but I'm not sure where they came from.

Very rarely I've gotten them from reward packages, I think from the gunsmith

Also, here's a gun I got pre-installed with a legendary mod,
    JKKZTtj.jpg?1

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »

Very rarely I've gotten them from reward packages, I think from the gunsmith

Also, here's a gun I got pre-installed with a legendary mod,
    JKKZTtj.jpg?1

Yea, they really don't become a reliable thing until you can hit power 280, when the gunsmith will let you forge 3 blues into a purple one with the boost. The blues can be randomly purchased from him or gotten in rewards packages.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Basil
This discussion has been closed.