As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I'm a bit more worried about what's going to happen to Scout Rifles, honestly

I have a feeling my entire playstyle will be wrecked by the changes they make. but supposedly they can nerf one weapon now, right? right?

I think that the map they chose only made scouts in general more viable too.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I'm a bit more worried about what's going to happen to Scout Rifles, honestly

I have a feeling my entire playstyle will be wrecked by the changes they make. but supposedly they can nerf one weapon now, right? right?

I think that the map they chose only made scouts in general more viable too.

Well map and mode, the bomb thing made range and mobility primary and mida gives you both.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Wasn't Bungie's claim that they could now adjust a single weapon without needing the entire archetype? Maybe they'll do that. Maybe.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wasn't Bungie's claim that they could now adjust a single weapon without needing the entire archetype? Maybe they'll do that. Maybe.

I could see that, but how do you nerf the mida? Like anything you do to it will make it not the mida.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    yeah, mode favored it too.

doing the trials also exposed something that I need to fix. my recovery rate is very low on my hunter. I usually disengage at 50% health but given the time press wasn't recovering up in enough time. Gotta rebalance and/or play the crappy mod gambling to get recovery mods for my hunter.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I suspect that there are a number of other Scout Rifles that would sneak into its place perfectly well

Nameless Midnight, Tone Patrol, and Call to Serve are fucking amazing too

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Crest of Alpha Lupi, hilariously, might actually be my favorite Titan exotic so far

Synthocepts would be better if melee wasn't so miserably terrible in Crucible now, nobody expects you to fly at them from that far away to melee

As for Winter's Grasp, sadly I don't have those ones yet

Synthoceps

Because they are SYNTHetic triCEPS, you see?

I suspect that there are a number of other Scout Rifles that would sneak into its place perfectly well

Nameless Midnight, Tone Patrol, and Call to Serve are fucking amazing too

Yeah, I use nameless midnight as my primary.

MIDA's problem (imo) is the same as it was in Destiny 1's though. The aim assist or whatever is very high such that it's very forgiving to use. You also have to be very careful fighting it because it can get a fatal tag registered before you can even get behind cover due to its high ROF.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I didn't realize how strong swords were until I killed a supered Stormcaller and a supered Sentinel in the same game. I think the ammo you get with it is a bit high.

You get a lot of ammo, and then you get a sword that gives you ammo back on kills and then you have ALL the ammo.

I 100% die before running out of sword ammo, because as soon as I have sword ammo I tend to forget that I have guns and suddenly I am on a holy quest to sword everyone everywhere forever.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So when leaving a fireteam in a raid, make sure someone didn't make you leader, and thus you wind up taking your fireteam to orbit. Sorry!

• chemicalkbchemicalkb West Coast, USARegistered User regular
    Hey guys, new to the forum, just introducing myself. Played D1 but only solo PvE. Looking to get into more fireteam stuff in D2. I'm a casual gamer, usually on evenings and weekends PST. Currently running a Warlock at 236. If there is any room left in the clan I'd like to join up. Feel free to message me on Xbox @chemicalkb.

• useruser Registered User regular
    Crosspost from the SE++ thread,

It's a longshot, I know, but I'd love to sneak my weekly Nightfall in tonight. I'll be on PSN: Qwertster, otherwise just doing the Exotic quests. Feel free to send me an invite, if you're up for it.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    z4p1a5qv0gq5.png

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    squall99x wrote: »
    Spoiler: You aren't getting new raid encounters Week 2.

While I don't think the raid works in that way, it's obvious that they have additional content that is time gated. They have constantly described the end game as something that "opens up like a flower" implying that there were additional things we would come to experience (I'm reasonably sure that doesn't mean just Trials, Banner and the Raid). The Collector's Edition book is too specific and set up in too specific of a way to not be referring to something of import. Also there have been several threads on reddit that have spotted "odd" areas and enemies in some of the story missions. They very well could have things hidden within them that are only accessible while they are one of the weekly Meditations, much like the hidden quests during Taken King (In particular there was some shady (no pun intended) that were accessed through small hatches during The Almighty mission. Most of which are in the area where you are burning any time you aren't in shadow and therefor are well off the beaten path.

I'm not sure what they have up their sleeves or what form it will take. I think it's fair to say that there is more stuff coming/waiting to be discovered.

Given the layered bullshit they used to describe things like Lost Sectors and Adventures, "opens up like a flower" could easily just be the arcane way the raid has its layout, chests, and rewards. In fact I'd bet it is safer to assume that than to hold out any hope for any amount of timed content.

That isn't to say there won't be any, but so far with D2 there isn't any reason to assume they will. There's a ton of stuff that they did in Destiny, particularly with the expansions, that they didn't bother to carry over here. Timed content to unlock could very well be just another thing lacking.

I mean, I see people saying this a bunch and I have to wonder how much they hyped something up more than Bungie actually did. I watched a ton of the pre-release stuff and read articles and from what I can remember Lost Sectors were almost uniformly described as a hidden (and that's really the only part I would argue they over stated) area with enemies and a boss that when you kill it lets you open a chest for loot. Which is exactly what they are. Now, that doesn't speak to the fact of if they are worthwhile or not, but that is a different conversation. And Adventures? I never heard them say anything other than sidequest that has extra lore/info about the planet you are on. That's exactly what they are. There is a difference in Bungie misleading the players and the players just being disappointed in what they have for content.

Edit- And as for the "flower" thing and content carry over: D2 was developed by the same team that did Taken King and originally sourced the ideas of the hidden add on content, so it would be odd if they didn't implement one of the most enjoyed features. Realistically though I'm just choosing not to be pessimistic. If I look at everything with a cynical and jaded eye I will have my misgivings validated, but it's a video game and I'm having fun so I think it's ok to actually assume people aren't actively trying to get over on me in some purposeful fashion.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Another 7-1 with @rndmhero

Fun night that could've ended way more fun. I played like poop. I miss mercy. Flawless in d2 is hard. I played way too much crucible this week. That's all.

616610-1.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Finally got lucky enough and found my last two scout rifles.
    MIDA is in, and at 294!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Another 7-1 with @rndmhero

Fun night that could've ended way more fun. I played like poop. I miss mercy. Flawless in d2 is hard. I played way too much crucible this week. That's all.

Good news! The clan engram I picked up gave me a third Trials autorifle!

You did fine, we matched against a rough team. Still had a blast. We'll get it next weekend.

rndmhero on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    z4p1a5qv0gq5.png

Did you guys actually clear that part? I just want to see what's next, hoping some team experience will get us there...

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Raid encounter 2
    I am strongly of the opinion that single phasing doggos is the dominant strat, so much faster and half the opportunities to accidentally trip the doggo sensors

The question thus becomes: are you using a class with dot grenados? If not, why not.

Then, are you using an infinity sword or merciless, if not, why not

Apothe0sis on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maybe next weekend I can try and get some Trials in, still need that trophy if nothing else.

• weddellkwweddellkw PNWRegistered User regular
    Got my first ever flawless. Should've taken the cape for power levels but the gloves were too shiny.
    701jzbd39sca.png

XBL: The SquidProQuo
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    z4p1a5qv0gq5.png

Did you guys actually clear that part? I just want to see what's next, hoping some team experience will get us there...
    We did! It's not too hard once everyone is up to a good light level.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Well I grinded to 20 before I left earth. Tomorrow I'll see what, if any, effect it has on any main story mission rewards. Probably none, but figured why not, and it really wasn't even bad at all to do. Public Events are silly XP.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Team One Last Time kicked Callus right in his gonads, Raid complete!

End of Raid spoilers in pic-
    DKDHVybW0AI43LY.jpg

Thanks to Celian Dajoran Redcoat-13 AngryPuppy Sousuke. and thanks also to metaghost for subbing in for the middle stages

Yes thanks to all for the raid; it was tremendously satisfying to see ourselves get better with each attempt and ultimately beat the big bad at the end.

General feeling of the raid mechanics
    I've said this before, but again, I'm not a massive fan of mechanics that can cause a wipe if one person makes a mistake. I caused some (one was a complete and utter brainfart on the gauntlet), and felt like a complete doofus because it felt like I was wasting everyone's time.

Fortunately everyone I've played with from PA are lovely and understanding.

Lootwise, the game "Destiny'd" me in giving the same autorifle twice, and then the Warlock armband. I.e. the least visually impressive bit of gear to show off around the tower

I am also sooooo tired today.

PSN Fleety2009
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Exodus Crash Nightfall

Uuuuugh

Lol holy shit these modifiers. Exposure on steroids and prop hunt to get time back.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    The boss of Exodus Crash is going to be super annoying with prism.

• HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    The boss of Exodus Crash is going to be super annoying with prism.

A lot of that statement is redundant...

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Extra annoying?

He is definitely already annoying

But Im just picturing him taking a single arc bullet and then poofing

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I miss combustion on Gunslinger. I feel they should have added that in the six shot path

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    My understanding was that it's not always going to be prism, it was just prism twice in a row because they found some last minute bugs with whatever the next thing was supposed to be so they switched it to prism last week.

• jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Anyone on Xbox able to vouch for:
    - Snow iz siick
    - Omikado
    - chemicalkb

If so, let me know so I can approve them. Otherwise I gotta reject them soonish so I can leave space for other people to apply.
    @ObiFett
    Omikado is my brother

jjae2123 on
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Alright, spoiler free review of the raid now that I've seen and done it in its entirety. In terms of minute to minute fun, it's my least favorite raid in all of Destiny, my favorite being Wrath of the Machine. In terms of feelings of pride and accomplishment when clearing an encounter, I feel it's up there with Kings Fall, Challenge Aksis and Skolas (not a raid, I know). So it's kind of a mixed bag for me. Like I'm super proud of having done it and all the shennanigans my teammates had to endure to do their part of an encounter. On the other hand, I feel like a large chunk of the complexity is by having a paper thin margin for error in everything.

So I might need a few extra weeks of raiding with my team to get a better feel for it and see if us improving makes it more fun. I have a hard time seeing myself enjoying it like Wrath though.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so i've only ever done two of the strikes because i've only ever been put in two of the strikes by the playlist and those were also the first two nightfalls

it's looking like doing nightfalls may be the only way i'll see the other strikes

so anyway does anyone want to run the nightfall tonight ps4 side or xbone side?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited September 2017
    The raid
    Different this week

Additional mechanics in the gauntlet

FALSE ALARM WE HAD JUST NEVER SEEN A PUNISHMENT PSION BEFORE

Apothe0sis on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Sharding the Handcannon(s) was a mistake. Drop levels are determined by what you can equip, not what you have equipped. Simply having the higher level handcannon in your pocket is enough to boost your next drops. So the strikes did contribute to improving your light level, just not in the way you expected.

And if you like your old hat more than you want to wear the new boots, infuse the new boots into your old, purple boots and make your old boots better. Assuming you have purple boots.

Do not have purple boots.

Did not know that merely owning something counted towards future drops. Maybe they should document this somewhere.

I'm super casual with this game, I barely like it, and I'm not going to spend my time scouring the internet for every morsel of knowledge I can find on this game. If something isn't explicitly stated in the game, I likely won't know about it.

Sort of like how I did not know that you could only equip one gold item at a time. When I found that out I was both horrified and also profoundly irritated with the game.

Seriously. What a shitty design concept. Loot you can't use. What a dumb idea.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i mean it's okay to not like something

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    The problem is... if I want to game with my friends, it means playing a game I don't like.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I suggest devouring them.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    A lot of games seem to obscure mechanics in order to encourage community discussion and engagement.

It's a design decision and one I generally like but I can see how it can be frustrating if you just want to sit down and play the damn thing.

• CelianCelian Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Huggles wrote: »
    A lot of games seem to obscure mechanics in order to encourage community discussion and engagement.

It's a design decision and one I generally like but I can see how it can be frustrating if you just want to sit down and play the damn thing.

I would argue (very lightly) that if you just want to play the game then its more advanced mechanics are largely irrelevant. Just playing Destiny 2 at your own pace will allow you to progress over time. It's just not going to be the most efficient way. Knowing the ins and outs of every system is for those who want to push these systems to the limit and gain power at the most optimal rate to clear the hardest content at the earliest possible time.

I will also agree that I feel Bungie wants the community to discuss, share, explore, etc. Like those big lore discussions and everything that the community does is amazing.

Celian on
    PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
This discussion has been closed.