As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    So private chat parties for clan shit that isn't the raid and being told to GTFO after seeing an open party slot.

Yeah, no, fuck off with that bullshit, especially when there's an open party WITH an invite.

It's beyond embarrassing and makes one feel like complete and utter useless shit.

Even posted here last night I'd be on early, and noooooope.

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2017
    I know we have a lot of monster PVPers here, but I felt pretty good about my sword play here.

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    A lot of games seem to obscure mechanics in order to encourage community discussion and engagement.

It's a design decision and one I generally like but I can see how it can be frustrating if you just want to sit down and play the damn thing.

The needless obfuscation is annoying and kind of lazy, imo. But it's also Bungie's bread and butter at this point in time... so yeah.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »
    So private chat parties for clan shit that isn't the raid and being told to GTFO after seeing an open party slot.

Yeah, no, fuck off with that bullshit, especially when there's an open party WITH an invite.

It's beyond embarrassing and makes one feel like complete and utter useless shit.

Even posted here last night I'd be on early, and noooooope.

That's uncalled for. If you hop into an open party and they are getting ready to do something you're not included in, that's fine. They should just tell you politely "Sorry bud, we're starting such-and-such, but maybe we can do something later?" but if they really just told you to get the fuck out then, wow. I thought we were better than that.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Is that clan XP milestone weekly? I assume yes. Shoulda made my own clan a while ago! 10 adventures for some powerful gear? Uh, yes please! Got Hard Light and some goddamn purple pants finally! 265 running around with blue 260 pants and chest is just shameful... Now I just need to get a decent chest piece. Managed to squirt my way up to 267 last night despite my armor shortcomings, so that's good.

Also, anyone else kinda disappointed in the strikes this time around? I've only done Arms Dealer and the Failsafe Nessus one so far, but they're kinda meh. In D1 they felt like they were an organic part of the game. You go to place to fight mooks because of reasons that were given in a briefing as you flew in. In D2, it's just like "whatever, you're here now." Arms Dealer is especially bad, no clue why I'm here... they just drop you in the middle of a big fight and that's it.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    The saltyness of the public LFG never ceases to amaze me.

'Requiring' your PUGS to have 290+ LL and raid Icons on the first week of a 260-280 raid is just fundamentally mental.

• juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    MagicPrime wrote: »

'Requiring' your PUGS to have 290+ LL and raid Icons on the first week of a 260-280 raid is just fundamentally mental.
    They need players to carry them that's all. Everything up to the boss can be done with a group ranging from 260-275 imo. I haven't done the boss so I don't know the difficulty for that encounter.

juicebox989 on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Any xbros around this morning that might want to nf?

What is this I don't even.
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular

They need players to carry them that's all. Everything up to the boss can be done with a group ranging from 265-275. I haven't done the boss so I don't know the difficulty for that encounter.

That and the irony of them not really understanding how Power works in relation to the raid. The final boss encounter is rough, but it's not really what I would consider a gear check. Aksis when you weren't 285 was a gear check big FU cause you couldn't kill captains quickly enough before they gibbed you.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    My only raid group requirements are be able to get in and if you've never done it be willing to listen.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    During the beta I fell in love with Dawnblade for PVP, which prompted my change from a Hunter to a Warlock for Destiny 2.

So far I've been having a blast. Now I don't know if this is a bug or what, but I've noticed something interesting. The upper attunement has a perk that lets you hover in mid air and shoot. The problem is, the accuracy is nonexistent, so it feels pointless.

However, the exotic Wings of Sacred Dawn, paired with the lower attunement? Your accuracy is amazing. Oh god it's so much fun. You have the exact same accuracy in the air as on the ground. I was hovering 20 feet in the air last night killing people with 4 or 5 scout rifle shots across the map. Oh, they somehow managed to look way up and see you, get a few shots in? No problem, Icarus Dive back to the ground and heal yourself instantly. Hovering over door ways with a sidearm is incredibly effective, too.

I feel like the class is so strong, yet people always seem to run Voidwalker or Stormcaller. I don't get it.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    I just started playing the game on PS4 Friday and I have really enjoyed it, I joined the SE++ clan as the regular one is full and I was just wondering how people found groups to do strikes and the like? I don't really see anything I can use in the Clan section to do a looking for group or anything in the UI at all. Do I need to use outside websites to find groups? Just randomly message people? I sort of guessed there would be some LFG infrastructure like WoW or something but maybe I'm just missing it.

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Because hovering out of cover in full view is a good way to get team shot by 3-4 mida's.

Seriously, at least at the level I play at, being in the too long is a fast way to die. It's the reason why hunter jumps/ blink are so good in pvp, you're not exposed as long.

ronzo wrote: »
    Because hovering out of cover in full view is a good way to get team shot by 3-4 mida's.

Seriously, at least at the level I play at, being in the too long is a fast way to die. It's the reason why hunter jumps/ blink are so good in pvp, you're not exposed as long.

I'm not sure why you're assuming I use this outside of cover. It's entirely possible to use this behind a building, because you floof so high up. And because Icarus Dive seems to have zero cooldown, you can immediately go back to the ground.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I just started playing the game on PS4 Friday and I have really enjoyed it, I joined the SE++ clan as the regular one is full and I was just wondering how people found groups to do strikes and the like? I don't really see anything I can use in the Clan section to do a looking for group or anything in the UI at all. Do I need to use outside websites to find groups? Just randomly message people? I sort of guessed there would be some LFG infrastructure like WoW or something but maybe I'm just missing it.

If you want to make a group, it really is on you. The easiest way if you're in a group like ours is to post about what you'd like to do ahead of time and/or use the100. I'm not sure if SE+++ uses it like we do though. Once you know the guys in your group, just popping in on them is fine and won't upset anybody.

Celian wrote: »

They need players to carry them that's all. Everything up to the boss can be done with a group ranging from 265-275. I haven't done the boss so I don't know the difficulty for that encounter.

That and the irony of them not really understanding how Power works in relation to the raid. The final boss encounter is rough, but it's not really what I would consider a gear check. Aksis when you weren't 285 was a gear check big FU cause you couldn't kill captains quickly enough before they gibbed you.

I didn't get to clear Calus this week, but it wasn't for anything regarding Light Level. 90% of our wipes were from people getting popped over the barriers in the shadow realm by a bullshit psion.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Been meaning to ask. Does competitive not apply to the weekly milestone? Quickplay is the only one that lists it.

What is this I don't even.
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    @MagicPrime @hlprmnky @Cormac @Flint326 @MilitaryMisfit

I put up another raid run for tomorrow evening if you guys are interested.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    The raid
    Different this week

Additional mechanics in the gauntlet

Shit.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

None of the stuff can be brute forced due to having a high light level, with the possible exception of one bit of the final fight...maybe
    if you can burn the boss down, you don't need to do any phases

It's mostly technique from what I can tell. With the amount of communication this raid demands (I'm honestly surprised at the level), I'm not sure I'd ever be tempted to do the raid with 5 people I don't know (you spoil me PA people).

It doesn't surprise me that people have these requirements though; it was the case for a lot of pug WoW raids (it wasn't unusual to see the people forming the raids, to not have the requirements). I don't think I ever really enjoyed a raid full of people I didn't know in that game either.

PSN Fleety2009
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    During the beta I fell in love with Dawnblade for PVP, which prompted my change from a Hunter to a Warlock for Destiny 2.

So far I've been having a blast. Now I don't know if this is a bug or what, but I've noticed something interesting. The upper attunement has a perk that lets you hover in mid air and shoot. The problem is, the accuracy is nonexistent, so it feels pointless.

However, the exotic Wings of Sacred Dawn, paired with the lower attunement? Your accuracy is amazing. Oh god it's so much fun. You have the exact same accuracy in the air as on the ground. I was hovering 20 feet in the air last night killing people with 4 or 5 scout rifle shots across the map. Oh, they somehow managed to look way up and see you, get a few shots in? No problem, Icarus Dive back to the ground and heal yourself instantly. Hovering over door ways with a sidearm is incredibly effective, too.

I feel like the class is so strong, yet people always seem to run Voidwalker or Stormcaller. I don't get it.

My problem with Dawnblade is the Super is way too short. It needs to last another 5 seconds. Compare it to Stormcaller which feels like it lasts an eternity.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Spoiler: You aren't getting new raid encounters Week 2.
    The raid
    Different this week

I'm not going to eat my hat - but I'll gnaw on the brim a bit. Fair?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    The raid
    Different this week

Where are you seeing this? I don't see anything about it on Reddit. The only thing about the Raid is that
    the encounters are in a different order this week. Starts at Pleasure Gardens, then goes to Gauntlet, and ends with Baths.

edit: Also, worlds fastest Leviathan raid just completed in 27 minutes. This is looking like another Crota-type raid length. Makes me happy because there is much more to do per week now and once we get this on farm we should be able to breeze through it 3 times a week and leave time open for the other stuff to do.

ObiFett on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I'm constantly torn between nightstalker for invis and dawnblade for team and self heals. Backing off after a team fight where you traded two head shots wit a guy and being able to fly up and down to heal up and get back in the fight is pretty great

But so is smoke bombing a dude and getting an easy kill.

But being able to heal teammates in a team fight is pretty great too.

But so is super speed to flank and hit and run...

616610-1.png
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Your enemies can't win if they're dead...

Disrupter wrote: »
    I'm constantly torn between nightstalker for invis and dawnblade for team and self heals. Backing off after a team fight where you traded two head shots wit a guy and being able to fly up and down to heal up and get back in the fight is pretty great

But so is smoke bombing a dude and getting an easy kill.

But being able to heal teammates in a team fight is pretty great too.

But so is super speed to flank and hit and run...

Both good arguments.

I guess for me it would come down to which is the better dressed class.

And I think you know.

I gotta get a Road Complex chest armor but what RNG pool has them? I have the legs and the arms but no idea how I got them.

---

reviewing our trials matches in my head, think the biggest issue was the experience gap. most of the teams we were matched against had at least one person with a flawless emblem, and at least one guy had 2 flawless runs. There was another guy with 45 wins on his emblem. The emblems are pretty informative. even without them riding the meta, they would have been rough matches. :pop:

One of the things we kept doing was stalling at the same conflict points. that one intersection before the temple(?) and that other spot on the backend. On offense, if we were engaged we kind of stopped where that tunnel was, and on defense we stayed at the bottom where they could branch and loop around the lower part when we were able halt their advance. I think next time for offense, even if we're going to the same point we should split up and attack it at multiple fronts.

But there was a fair bit of encircle and kill going on. I wonder if they will add that map into the general rotation, or if the Trials will always be there or on slight variants of that map.

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Guys, forgetting to set their fireteam to private doesn't mean the person should be forced to play with you, especially if it means they have to ditch a friend who was still loading in. Don't be a goose.

Khildith on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    There was a tweet with the map and mode rotation for Trials; obviously it was a head fake for week 1 but I can't see them staying in the same map every weekend.

• DajoranDajoran Registered User regular

This is not fact or general consensus, just my opinion.

It could be a carry over from Destiny 1 - Sunsinger had an identical perk that was never used as you'd just be shot out of the sky. With the higher TTK in this game, it'll just translate over to teamshot out of the sky. Once people get used to it. Although the Attunement Of Fire looks good, it doesn't really have a fantastic neutral game.

Also, people will gravitate to what they know, in PvP Voidwalker and Stormcaller have more familiar neutral games. Stormcaller has Attunement of Conduction, which is essentially all of the best PvP perks from Destiny 1, longer melee range, chain lightning, super lasts longer, grenades chain, blink (in super) and they have Pulse Grenades.

Voidwalker just makes you an immortal blinking vampiric grenadier.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    woo 293 sweet business.

I'm at like 286 if I equip it over MIDA

I should really finish the raid sometime though, maybe some of you guys will be doing it this weekend?

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    For reference, this is the updated September schedule:

Survival Trials on Altar of Flame is a combination of all my least favorite things in Destiny.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Big thanks to the raiders/trials of the nine people in the clan for my pretty new Judgment hand cannon and the raid auto rifle.

Are you the magic man?
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The raid
    Different this week

Shit.

FALSE ALARM
    Order is different but the first time we did Gauntlet we never had a punishment psion spawn, this time we did

• CelianCelian Registered User regular
    The reset is all wrong honestly. It doesn't match that image. The flashpoint is Titan, atleast it was this morning at 6AM eastern. Trials was still active as well. The Ikora meditations didn't rotate and were the same as last week. In other words, resets be buggy yo.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    wait, flashpoint IO?

But I just did flashpoint titan.

Dajoran wrote: »

This is not fact or general consensus, just my opinion.

It could be a carry over from Destiny 1 - Sunsinger had an identical perk that was never used as you'd just be shot out of the sky. With the higher TTK in this game, it'll just translate over to teamshot out of the sky. Once people get used to it. Although the Attunement Of Fire looks good, it doesn't really have a fantastic neutral game.

Also, people will gravitate to what they know, in PvP Voidwalker and Stormcaller have more familiar neutral games. Stormcaller has Attunement of Conduction, which is essentially all of the best PvP perks from Destiny 1, longer melee range, chain lightning, super lasts longer, grenades chain, blink (in super) and they have Pulse Grenades.

Voidwalker just makes you an immortal blinking vampiric grenadier.

The biggest difference between what we have now and what we had in D1 is Icarus Dive. It's crazy good, even without the hovering in air. I use the hover around corners for peeks, over doorways against aggressive enemies, and over low rise buildings to get a look and get a few shots in (and very accurate shots at that). You should never get shot out of the air if you use it smartly because Icarus Dive rockets you back to the ground with a free heal.

And I can't use Stormcaller for the same reason I couldn't use blade dancer. I don't like supers that force me to close the gap to be effective. But that's just a personal preference.

Uriel wrote: »
    wait, flashpoint IO?

But I just did flashpoint titan.

Looks like you will get twice the goodies when they realize their error.

Or just the one when they edit that picture and say they corrected it. :P

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    The reset is all wrong honestly. It doesn't match that image. The flashpoint is Titan, atleast it was this morning at 6AM eastern. Trials was still active as well. The Ikora meditations didn't rotate and were the same as last week. In other words, resets be buggy yo.

Not surprising I guess. I would expect next week to be Flashpoint Io to pair with Pyramidion.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so the post master had little surprise for me today. i'm now in the Guided Games beta and can use it to find clans to take me through the Nightfall. now's my chance to find some decent players! :P

This discussion has been closed.