As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    The raid
    Different this week

Additional mechanics in the gauntlet

Shit.

FALSE ALARM
    Order is different but the first time we did Gauntlet we never had a punishment psion spawn, this time we did

Un-shit.

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    I just started playing the game on PS4 Friday and I have really enjoyed it, I joined the SE++ clan as the regular one is full and I was just wondering how people found groups to do strikes and the like? I don't really see anything I can use in the Clan section to do a looking for group or anything in the UI at all. Do I need to use outside websites to find groups? Just randomly message people? I sort of guessed there would be some LFG infrastructure like WoW or something but maybe I'm just missing it.

If you want to make a group, it really is on you. The easiest way if you're in a group like ours is to post about what you'd like to do ahead of time and/or use the100. I'm not sure if SE+++ uses it like we do though. Once you know the guys in your group, just popping in on them is fine and won't upset anybody.

So basically use an outside program to find people to get in a group with. There's nothing in available in the game? Fantastic design...

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    so the post master had little surprise for me today. i'm now in the Guided Games beta and can use it to find clans to take me through the Nightfall. now's my chance to find some decent players! :P

You just need 290+ Power and have cleared the raid on all 3 classes for folks to want to guide you.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Wow, what a quality top of the page post.

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    So what are Attrition and Time Warp: Anomalies? Assuming those are actually applicable to the Nightfall this week?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Attrition was less health I think? Enemies spawn pools of light that charge your super faster I believe. Anomalies are basically like Oracles, without the death part. You shoot little Vex lights and they give +30 seconds. Problem is they do NOT spawn in public areas of the Strike, which is problematic when you have to do the Walker tank before entering the back end of the Exodus.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    So what are Attrition and Time Warp: Anomalies? Assuming those are actually applicable to the Nightfall this week?

Attrition: Health and shield regeneration is significantly impaired. Defeating enemies may create wells of Light. Collect these to restore your health and charge your super.

Anomalies: Strange anomalies have been detected in the area. Destroy them to release temporal energy and extend the mission timer.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    so the post master had little surprise for me today. i'm now in the Guided Games beta and can use it to find clans to take me through the Nightfall. now's my chance to find some decent players! :P

Can you do guided games if you are already in a clan?

If so, I am even more confused by Bungie's decision to not let full clans use guided games to find a seeker.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Or, you know, that ^^^

Fawst on
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Attrition is health and shields recharge slowly, but enemies have a chance of leaving wells of Light when they die, which proc health regen.

I believe Anomalies spawns Oracle-like cubes of light that you shoot to get +30 seconds on your timer (instead of jumping through hoops like last week).

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Ahahahahaha.

First off, I got a Competitive Crucible match that was the same format as Trials was, so I went 17-1 for the first 5 rounds.

Then, I had dyed all my armor silver and gold because secretly I want to be Vex, but I was bummed I couldn't dye my Mida. "I need the cosmetic mod for this" I though.

And guess what dropped from my eververse packet? "All the Essentials" mmm. Silver Mida.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

If so, I am even more confused by Bungie's decision to not let full clans use guided games to find a seeker.

You can. I tried it one night, just to see what the experience was like. I went in as a "seeker" and it paired me with a couple of guides.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

...that awkward moment when your clanmates check your status and see you're in a group comprised entirely of you and another clan that they said were "cool guys" a few days ago.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    If I'm reading it right, Guided Games means it's actually easier to search for and form a raid group (in-game) outside of a clan, as a seeker. There's no functionality like that for a full group of clanmates looking for one more clanmate, right?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    If I'm reading it right, Guided Games means it's actually easier to search for and form a raid group (in-game) outside of a clan, as a seeker. There's no functionality like that for a full group of clanmates looking for one more clanmate, right?
    I think if one of you is a "guide" you can look for a seeker.

• Options

i can select it for the Nightfall, but not the Raid. they did say it would open up gradually so i guess that's why. am hoping the issue with full Clans is a bug, cause it's super dumb otherwise.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    osd7mjtc3p7o.png
    PAX Arcadia Prime (XBOX) Clan Business

- I will be removing all guardians from the clan that have not played Destiny 2 as of today.
    - We easily have more active guardians now than we ever had in Destiny 1. Many of which are friends/family of Penny Arcadians. If there is any toxicity or behavior not conducive to our community, please notify me or any of the admins (currently just Erevar) and reasonable action will be taken.
    - Speaking of Admins, I am looking to move some people to the Admin position to further spread out responsibilities within the clan. Potentially one more person to work along Erevar to represent the PvE side and two guardians to represent the PvP side. Duties will include managing clan membership approval, running clan activities, and working together with other admins to handle any membership action needed within the clan. PM me if you are interested.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »

You just need 290+ Power and have cleared the raid on all 3 classes for folks to want to guide you.

"We don't have the time to 'really' guide people. But we want the credit that we did. So please be LL300+ and have at least 3 full clears before we will guide you."

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    so looking at, going in gives both 'Seeker' and 'Guide' options. seekers require a ticket, i have 12 remaining. guides do not. seeker is a single player, has a queue of 'about 13 minutes'. guide requires 2 clanmates, no ticket required, queue of 'about 1 minute'. has 'Commitment' set at 45 minutes and 'Chat Required'. doesn't seem to be anyway to toggle/change these.

• Options
    JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    The guided games nightfall works like this:
    As a seeker: light requirement of I think 240? + 1 of the guided game tokens that you were given when the beta launched. You get matched up with with:
    As a guide: You need the same light requirement as a seeker, + a fireteam with another clan mate, and no guided game token needed.

As far as I know, having/not having a clan are not part of the requirements for seeking, only for hosting.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Is it bad that I still don't know what a Lost Sector is or how to find one at LL 269? I feel like that's bad.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Is it bad that I still don't know what a Lost Sector is or how to find one at LL 269? I feel like that's bad.

Mini dungeons in the open world maps. Look for the white grafitti tags out in the wild with the dot under arches. Usually there will be a cave, or tunnel or door nearby that leads into small zone with a mini boss and a chest.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Remember when you're on earth and posh tea dude was like "Look at this symbol?" and then it told you to go down a hallway near the symbol with a big fancy treasure chest at the end after you killed a yellow bar?

There ya go.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

Yes, this is bad.

Look for this symbol out in the wild:

lostsectorslider.jpg

When you see that symbol, that means there is a hidden dungeon nearby. Find the entrance, push in, kill enemies and finally a yellow bar boss. He will drop a key and let you open the chest inside. They are fun things to do while out patrolling and waiting between Public Events/Chest hunting

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The raid
    Different this week

Additional mechanics in the gauntlet

Where are you seeing this? I don't see anything about it on Reddit. The only thing about the Raid is that
    the encounters are in a different order this week. Starts at Pleasure Gardens, then goes to Gauntlet, and ends with Baths.

edit: Also, worlds fastest Leviathan raid just completed in 27 minutes. This is looking like another Crota-type raid length. Makes me happy because there is much more to do per week now and once we get this on farm we should be able to breeze through it 3 times a week and leave time open for the other stuff to do.

I'll be glad when you can breeze through it so I can get a completion or a run or something.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Lost Sectors aren't really lost at all. They're the double arch with a dot (I cannot place the actual name of that symbol if it is one) icon on your map. If you see one, on the map, go to it and look around for an entrance.

The sectors themselves are just linear loops to fight a boss. If you have the high jump boots (because, you're a hunter right?) you can bypass the loop and jump straight in and kill the boss, then backtrack to the chest and leave.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Mini dungeons in the open world maps. Look for the white grafitti tags out in the wild with the dot under arches. Usually there will be a cave, or tunnel or door nearby that leads into small zone with a mini boss and a chest.
    The Lost Sector symbols also appear on the map, so you can walk/drive to the right area and then look for the painted symbol in the world.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Lost Sectors are pretty fun and interesting, and you get Tokens to trade in with the NPCs.

I wish they had a chance to drop pieces of the planetary armor sets, that would give me a great reason to revisit them more often.

awsimo on
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Which adventure has the raid related backstory stuff?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    I'm coming around on the dawnblade hovering for PVE, the super still gets used too fast, but that solar grenade is super super strong.

Also titan is super fast for the weekly 3 heroic public events and you're done! And the cayde chests were mega easy to find as well, all in all good map this week. Though please idiots, on the tank, wait until the caches are all unlocked before you kill the tank, you freaking idiots.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

Nessus... Invitation from the Emperor. It's pretty fun.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Hawthorne already has the Ps4 nightfall reward waiting.

Man, I though I played early compared to most of you guys, but Bravo.

I am loving this clan reward system.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

- I will be removing all guardians from the clan that have not played Destiny 2 as of today.
    - We easily have more active guardians now than we ever had in Destiny 1. Many of which are friends/family of Penny Arcadians. If there is any toxicity or behavior not conducive to our community, please notify me or any of the admins (currently just Erevar) and reasonable action will be taken.
    - Speaking of Admins, I am looking to move some people to the Admin position to further spread out responsibilities within the clan. Potentially one more person to work along Erevar to represent the PvE side and two guardians to represent the PvP side. Duties will include managing clan membership approval, running clan activities, and working together with other admins to handle any membership action needed within the clan. PM me if you are interested.
    First of all, thank you for ongoing your work in building and maintaining a strong group of entirely lovely players.

Second: while I don't think this is a problem, it might be useful to give an idea of what kind of behaviour would be considered out of bounds for Pax Arcadians.

Finally, it may also be helpful to give an idea of what you are looking for in new Admins; do you want people in specific timezones (to increase the likelihood of someone being on at any given time); should they be part of a regular raiding/crucible team, etc.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

An Invitation from the Emperor, it's on Nessus in the Cistern (by the Well of Flame).

• Options
    edited September 2017

First of all, thank you for ongoing your work in building and maintaining a strong group of entirely lovely players.

Second: while I don't think this is a problem, it might be useful to give an idea of what kind of behaviour would be considered out of bounds for Pax Arcadians.

Finally, it may also be helpful to give an idea of what you are looking for in new Admins; do you want people in specific timezones (to increase the likelihood of someone being on at any given time); should they be part of a regular raiding/crucible team, etc.

To your second point: I don't really have a textbook style definition of what is considered out of bounds for PAX Arcadians. I mean just follow the guidelines for the forum: "Don't be a dick". Does that mean if someone is a dick one time we will kick them out? Of course not, high stress encounters and PvP can bring the worst out of people and we all understand that. I became the literal devil when doing the Chaperone quest. I get it. If someone is being a dick consistently and constantly in many situations, though, then we will need to discuss solutions with them.

As far as Admins go, I think our community would benefit most from players who have been around for a while and shown they are good a leader/mentor/example/teammate on the Xbox side. But a new player who has shown they are solid and reasonable and mature would be a fine Admin as well. Timezones don't matter, imo. Being a part of a regular raiding/crucible team is likely an example of being a good leader/mentor/example/teammate. The main thing we need in Admin positions are people who care about our community and our members since their responsibilities will be to handle all things regarding membership and give us more than just me to make decisions about membership. I need to have a council of sorts so that any decisions or events or anything else regarding the clan are coming from more heads than just mine.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    It was funny my buddy and I were talking about how exodus crash would be absolutely awful as a nightfall and here it is without prism. Forget rat king this week.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm having a real hard time finding a reason to play something other than voidwalker. Arc soul seems pretty sweet. But, voidwalkers are invincible.

I don't know why I would play a dawnblade.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    It was funny my buddy and I were talking about how exodus crash would be absolutely awful as a nightfall and here it is without prism. Forget rat king this week.

Yea I'm glad I got in the Rat King completion last night, who knows when another easy(ish) week will come along.

• Options
    Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Let's see if I got this right,
    1) There are not Clan Rewards below lvl20? (OK, I guess. Just wish I knew. Not a problem in our Clans, but seems weird to not give ppl the extra reason/rewards to help level up their clan.)
    2) Weekly missions/milestones reset (i.e. go back to zero (0), no matter if you completed them or not) on Tuesdays? (That's one heck of a way to disincentivice ppl. Wish I knew that. I guess ppl who have played MMO:s that does this are used to it. I've played other ones...)

• Options
    I'm having a real hard time finding a reason to play something other than voidwalker. Arc soul seems pretty sweet. But, voidwalkers are invincible.

I don't know why I would play a dawnblade.

For their amazing solar grenade, that shit rips up any kind of static mob or locks down a mob spawn. I dropped one on a world boss this morning and took off a third of his health and wiped out the mobs with him.

I'm coming around on the dawnblade, the hover keeps you out of melee range, and their super can be used for clearing in a way void bomb fails at. This is of course all pve.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.