As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I'm having a real hard time finding a reason to play something other than voidwalker. Arc soul seems pretty sweet. But, voidwalkers are invincible.

I don't know why I would play a dawnblade.

As much as I enjoy Gunslangin', I'm starting to feel the same way about Nightstalker with my Orpheus Rig. At one point last night I had 3 of my own tether traps on the ground simultaneously holding down something like 15 enemies, and I STILL pretty much immediately had another super charged up and ready to go as soon as one of those faded.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm having a real hard time finding a reason to play something other than voidwalker. Arc soul seems pretty sweet. But, voidwalkers are invincible.

As much as I enjoy Gunslangin', I'm starting to feel the same way about Nightstalker with my Orpheus Rig. At one point last night I had 3 of my own tether traps on the ground simultaneously holding down something like 15 enemies, and I STILL pretty much immediately had another super charged up and ready to go as soon as one of those faded.

Orpheus Rig is the one exotic I'm not sad I've pulled duplicates of because I consider myself lucky to have it. Such a gamechanger exotic.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Orpheus Rig is the one exotic I'm not sad I've pulled duplicates of because I consider myself lucky to have it. Such a gamechanger exotic.

And one of the few I don't have... CURSE YOU RNJESUS!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Let's see if I got this right,
    1) There are not Clan Rewards below lvl20? (OK, I guess. Just wish I knew. Not a problem in our Clans, but seems weird to not give ppl the extra reason/rewards to help level up their clan.)
    2) Weekly missions/milestones reset (i.e. go back to zero (0), no matter if you completed them or not) on Tuesdays? (That's one heck of a way to disincentivice ppl. Wish I knew that. I guess ppl who have played MMO:s that does this are used to it. I've played other ones...)

1) I mean, yeah, like most stuff in the game, clans are really an end-game thing.

2) I... don't understand the complaint? It gives you incentive to do everything every week. None of the milestones take very long to do -- each one is like an hour or less invested.

It take so little investment to get to level 20. Like I know I'm hardcore and such, but you can hit that within maybe 5 or 6 hours of playing if public events are up on time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Let's see if I got this right,
    1) There are not Clan Rewards below lvl20? (OK, I guess. Just wish I knew. Not a problem in our Clans, but seems weird to not give ppl the extra reason/rewards to help level up their clan.)
    2) Weekly missions/milestones reset (i.e. go back to zero (0), no matter if you completed them or not) on Tuesdays? (That's one heck of a way to disincentivice ppl. Wish I knew that. I guess ppl who have played MMO:s that does this are used to it. I've played other ones...)

Destiny runs on a weekly schedule, starting Tuesday through to the Monday. each Tuesday everything resets. weekly milestones(which are new for Destiny 2) and raid progress* all go back to zero. its actually meant more as an incentive to come back each week. there's always a goal to work towards, something to complete.

current weekly milestones:
    Nightfall - beat the Nightfall strike
    Call to Arms - play matches in any Crucible type
    Clan XP - gain personal Clan XP
    Raid - complete the raid
    Trials of the Nine - win one Trials match
    Flashpoint - complete public events in the designated location(this week is Titan).

there is also a daily milestone for completing challenges. it'll either be 3 in a set location/game type(crucible or strikes), or 5 from anywhere. today its crucible.

*this includes any raid keys you may have had. they are gone! use them or lose them.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    It take so little investment to get to level 20. Like I know I'm hardcore and such, but you can hit that within maybe 5 or 6 hours of playing if public events are up on time.

Eh. You need to beat the story to unlock a bunch of things as well. Now if you do the story at the end you become 20 but even then, you're talking 7 or 8 hours if you really push and run past all the fights you can.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited September 2017

Eh. You need to beat the story to unlock a bunch of things as well. Now if you do the story at the end you become 20 but even then, you're talking 7 or 8 hours if you really push and run past all the fights you can.

Get a fireteam of two or three so that all missions are more of a sprint rather than a slog. Do only story missions and adventures that give unlock points. Do the occasional public event while tooling around on planets. Hit level 20 with all unlock points and story done in about 4 hours. Profit.

ObiFett on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Get a fireteam of two or three so that all missions are more of a sprint rather than a slog. Do only story missions and adventures that give unlock points. Do the occasional public event while tooling around on planets. Hit level 20 with all unlock points and story done in about 4 hours. Profit.

I'm really surprised you can shave that much time off it but I suppose the fights you have to get into way quicker.

I'll note that none of these are probably the best way to experience the story if you actually want to do that.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish

I'm really surprised you can shave that much time off it but I suppose the fights you have to get into way quicker.

I'll note that none of these are probably the best way to experience the story if you actually want to do that.

Oh yeah, I definitely wouldn't suggest this on a first character.

But Arteen and Shad and I did it this way and got our second and third characters to 20, story and most adventures for unlock points completed, in I think right around 4 hours.

True. And even at 8 to 10 hours (which I would consider an average pace), the pre-endgame pre-level 20 part of the game is a tiiiiiiiny fraction of the time most players spend in Destiny. On D1 I think I had over 1300 hours clocked in across 3 character, and I certainly wasn't playing nearly as hardcore as lots of folks in the clan.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Considering you can't get to the clan rewards vendor without completing the story first and completing the story puts you at level 20, that seems like a logical thing to require to me?

It would be useful if the Milestones had a visible timer in the UI to let you know "you have until (tonight | next Monday) at midnight PST to complete this before it goes away/resets". They're different beasts than the similar quests and record books from D1. I didn't realize Call to Arms would be a weekly thing, for example, until after the weekly reset. I'd initially assumed it was just a tutorial "intro to Destiny PvP" milestone that was once per character.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Is it bad that I still don't know what a Lost Sector is or how to find one at LL 269? I feel like that's bad.

They might not even be worth your time at this point (other than completing a challenge) unless you've got a powerful need for LL260 blue gear. Mmmmmmaybe you'll get a legendary engram with some 265 gear in it.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

For their amazing solar grenade, that shit rips up any kind of static mob or locks down a mob spawn. I dropped one on a world boss this morning and took off a third of his health and wiped out the mobs with him.

I'm coming around on the dawnblade, the hover keeps you out of melee range, and their super can be used for clearing in a way void bomb fails at. This is of course all pve.

I'll have to spend some more time with the other subclasses for sure.

Void bomb is not the best pve super but voidwalkers have such insane durability when there are trash mobs running around. I think the dawnblade mobility options could be interesting.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    Any of the Dicker-Dudes want to get a raid started up tonight for this week?

• cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Wondering if anyone wants to sneak in a quick nightfall or 3 (between when I get home from work and when my family gets home, around 4 central): https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1037610

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I hate the strike playlist. Picking a random strike is annoying when it's the same one every time.

That's not hyperbole, either. I ended up in Exodus Crash six times this week before it finally gave me another one. Maybe I'll get to see all six strikes before Destiny 3 comes out.

I've run ~10 strikes and have only seen 2 different missions. I can only conclude that those poor buggers over in XBox-land must only have access to 1 since the other must be the PS exclusive!

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I am the fucking worst when it comes to remembering everyone I did things with in this game. I think @Malakaius and @Khildith carried me through (my first) Nightfall last night after we tooled around on the final encounter of the Raid last night. I wanted to thank them for doing so, because it wound up getting me my Rat King completion, along with enough loot to bump me four points to hit 290.

Also, @HooverFan sorry about this morning. I was actually in the middle of saying "stick around because I have to go to work" but you left before I got past "Hey, hoover..." :(

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I hate the strike playlist. Picking a random strike is annoying when it's the same one every time.

That's not hyperbole, either. I ended up in Exodus Crash six times this week before it finally gave me another one. Maybe I'll get to see all six strikes before Destiny 3 comes out.

I've run ~10 strikes and have only seen 2 different missions. I can only conclude that those poor buggers over in XBox-land must only have access to 1 since the other must be the PS exclusive!

Seems to rotate between days on what strike you only get. Like saturday was pyrmidon? I think. Biggest problems with strikes is the rewards are shit compared to public events and they take longer. I've never pulled an exotic from a strike.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I'm pretty disappointed that adventures don't reset. I know you can pick up 4 from the vendor but I wanted to play my favorites again, not be limited to just the 4.

You can reset adventures though? I cant recall how I did it but I cleared Titan and I reset all adventures there, so they all popped back on the Map.

If you remember please let me know.

I dont know if you already figured it out but Sloane can reset adventures on Titan after you complete all of them, I'm guessing its the same for other planets.

Sirialis on
    The strike playlist's rotation is some bullshit. So is the crucible map rotation. My first couple of days playing I was pretty sure there were only two crucible maps - the one on Felwinter and the EDZ one with a bunch of big gas storage cylinder things and tumbling-down brick walls.

I get that it's random but making sure your next strike/map isn't the same as your last strike/map should be within the realm of possibility.

They also seem to have taken a step back from D1's behavior in terms of keeping groups together. I could do the strike playlist in D1 and expect to generally see one or both other members of my impromptu fireteam in the next strike and if I sat in a Crucible queue I'd see the same players pop up in subsequent matches, sometimes switching between teams. That doesn't seem to happen anymore.

And 'quickplay' feels like it takes a lot longer to put together a match than just going into whatever the daily crucible playlist was on D1 despite having all game types pooled.

• WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    This week's nightfall tip:
    shoot the boss off the wall when he goes invisible. https://youtu.be/eCRjzlDBuCY

253J736.png
  • RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    If I'm playing with a full firetime we end up leaving and rejoining strike playlists till we get one we want. Since the strike rewards really aren't worth it the only reason we're doing them is to hang out and have fun. Playing the same strike 3 times is the opposite of fun.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    WTB: French speaking Failsafe

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    WolveSight wrote: »
    shoot the boss off the wall when he goes invisible. https://youtu.be/eCRjzlDBuCY

Damn it that will be fixed sooner rather than later...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Hey can someone accept my invitation to the overflow guild?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    edited September 2017

Yeah, I fully expect them to pull the game down for maintenance in like the next few hours.

Especially since that also effects the Raid Exotic Quest.

ObiFett on

Yeah, I fully expect them to pull the game down for maintenance in like the next few hours.

Especially since that also effects the Raid Exotic Quest.

But that boss sucks ass, like on normal he takes forever to die since he continually comes and goes with no rhyme or reason!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    Which adventure has the raid related backstory stuff?

An Invitation from the Emperor, it's on Nessus in the Cistern (by the Well of Flame).

It was humorous to play this mission and hear Ghost and Cayde wonder what the messages meant while a giant ship eats Nessus in the background.

• SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I got the Philomath robe and futzed around with shaders some and now I look fucking RAD

(Golden Tracer on the Robe and Helmet)
    12mux5l.jpg

I can't rotate her in the character select screen but there is some sweet detailing on the Vape Rig.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hey can someone accept my invitation to the overflow guild?

i accept you just as you are

i can't do anything about the guild but

i just wanted you to know

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I am the fucking worst when it comes to remembering everyone I did things with in this game. I think @Malakaius and @Khildith carried me through (my first) Nightfall last night after we tooled around on the final encounter of the Raid last night. I wanted to thank them for doing so, because it wound up getting me my Rat King completion, along with enough loot to bump me four points to hit 290.

Also, @HooverFan sorry about this morning. I was actually in the middle of saying "stick around because I have to go to work" but you left before I got past "Hey, hoover..." :(

Might have been us, yep. And yes we were forming up to do the nightfall when Hoover joined the fireteam this morning and I invited him to the PSN party to ask him to drop from the fireteam as our 3rd was loading in. His reaction was entirely uncalled for and if he had stayed in the party instead of swearing at us and leaving @Fawst was going to offer him his spot.

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
    Philomanth + Golden Tracer is life.

I had never gotten a pair of the Philomanth set gloves until day before yesterday (which I guess is only like 1.5 weeks but still) and they are definitely the best purple gloves. They even have cool finger armor highlights with that shader.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    BOOM! Prime is rank 3! increased public event rewards!

I got the warlock exotic that looks like you have to hunt frodo. Which is nice because I really like the Arc class, despite my recent dalliance with dawnblade.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited September 2017
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Now to find out what that actually means

ObiFett on
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular

More Glimmer!!!!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227

More Glimmer!!!!

Which is super helpful for when you mod gamble. Not that I would ever do that, no I can stop anytime I want... WHAT ARE YOU MY FUCKING MOTHER JUST LET ME GAMBLE!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

More Glimmer!!!!

This is what I anticipate.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Really well written"review" of Destiny 2 on Kotaku. I think he did a good job of capturing the essence of the experience and how it affects people.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.