As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    Do the sub class milestones also reset on Tuesdays?

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I swear to the Traveler if get one more god dammed sniper rifle from my powerful engrams I am going to flip shit on something. I don't want a god damn sniper rifle. Give me some ARMS or a freakin' Auto-Rifle that's above 278. Something that I neeeeeed.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    @MagicPrime — I hope that last night, when you kept popping in and out of the party due to NAT errors, each time you entered you were shouting "HEY MOTHERFUCKERS!"

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Awesome. By the time I log on tomorrow night I should have the nightfall reward (thanks to you and yours) and the Raid one (thanks to NAT Burn)!

Doesnt MotorBoat Kitten run before us on Tuesdays?

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    For me, I'm honestly scared to just jump into a chat that's not specifically labeled as PAX. A huge part is being low on the social scale, which makes how I raid and attempt to lead raids kind of strange.

The other part is that I'm afraid I'm going to intrude on real life friends. I know it's awkward for me when I'm doing stuff with an RL buddy and we're talking about work or family and all of a sudden a guild members jumps in. So even when I see other clan peeps that I've run with, I tend to avoid just jumping into chat with them if it's not specifically marked as PAX.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    On the Xbox side the only time we tend to lock parties is raid time and that's usually only in the early weeks of normal/hard/challenge .

EDIT: after that, if you joined a party and heard someone counting down, you just keep quiet.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    metaghost wrote: »
    MagicPrime — I hope that last night, when you kept popping in and out of the party due to NAT errors, each time you entered you were shouting "HEY MOTHERFUCKERS!"

I had to reset my PS4 and my Router to get whatever the hell was causing that to work itself out. I fell asleep at 9PM EST last night and woke up a little after midnight. Apparently during that 3 hours of weakness two or three groups of people that I know and probably could have weasled my way into their fireteam completed the raid.

Now I know that I can't sleep ever again.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »
    does ps4 have the "appear offline" option yet?

i love that on xbone because i am sometimes just feeling totally antisocial and just want to pew mans so i'll just go offline and do my own thing

last i knew you couldn't do that on ps4 so i just have never tried

but it does avoid the whole "oh man, sorry bro, i'd normally be cool with grouping but right now i'm just doing my own thing" thing

basically, for me at least, if you see me online, i'm up for group stuff

if i'm not up for group stuff, you won't see me online

It does yeah, you still show up on the clan tab though which isn't great.

well that uh

kind of defeats the purpose

Appear offline doesn't work in a few games when you're in a clan because most games don't check that status when you're ingame.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    It's frustrating that's there no simple definitive way to group up unless it's people you play with regularly. Personally I mind getting invites or people joining a chat at any time, I'm happy to shoot aliens with people. I'd just say the number 1 rule is don't be a toxic arsehole who feels entitled to other people's leisure time.
    chryh0fh82le.jpg

PSN- AHermano
    Hermano wrote: »

i love that on xbone because i am sometimes just feeling totally antisocial and just want to pew mans so i'll just go offline and do my own thing

but it does avoid the whole "oh man, sorry bro, i'd normally be cool with grouping but right now i'm just doing my own thing" thing

It does yeah, you still show up on the clan tab though which isn't great.

well that uh

kind of defeats the purpose

Appear offline doesn't work in a few games when you're in a clan because most games don't check that status when you're ingame.

I think you can actually fiddle with how Destiny views your status using the app.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Awesome. By the time I log on tomorrow night I should have the nightfall reward (thanks to you and yours) and the Raid one (thanks to NAT Burn)!

We had occasional secret Tuesday raids during Age of Triumph to run VoG/CE when they weren't the featured raid. Other than that it's been Thursday only.

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    My Dawnblade and Voidwalker, with themed shaders and full legendary armor mods!
    hBPEMfR.jpg

PNx5lBw.jpg

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    WolveSight wrote: »
    Nightfall completed for Xbox Arcadia prime.

This nightfall is pretty hard, btw. It took us a few tries, which was unexpected at LL 290.

What is this I don't even.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    if you can't handle me at my toxic assholest

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • amicabilisamicabilis Registered User regular
    @GMaster7

You can, yeah. Should be part of the long press of the PS button? I can't quite recall, but I think it's in there somewhere.

PSN: amicabilis
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

We had occasional secret Tuesday raids during Age of Triumph to run VoG/CE when they weren't the featured raid. Other than that it's been Thursday only.

ah, I guess I figured that would just continue through to Destiny 2.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Do the sub class milestones also reset on Tuesdays?

no, those and the story mission milestones are one time deals so don't reset.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    WolveSight wrote: »
    Nightfall completed for Xbox Arcadia prime.

This nightfall is pretty hard, btw. It took us a few tries, which was unexpected at LL 290.

Power level really doesn't seem to help out on the majority of challenge from what I've seen. Like my titan is 302 and public events can wreck me all the same as if I was 102.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • mikeatsumikeatsu Snarf Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Hi, so first time caller, long time listener of the thread.
    I really liked the D1 lore and I'm really interested in the D2 lore (or maybe lack thereof?). I have ran into about 50 different things I can "scan for lore" and have been reading the weapons and armor lore but I was hoping there was a thread somewhere that puts it all together. Anyone know of such a thread?

mikeatsu on
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I'm really having a hard time deciding whether to level my hunter or warlock next. I played a lot of Hunter in D1 and love Night Stalker, but D2 warlock looks really cool

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    My Name is Byf (or something like that) on Youtube puts a lot of work into the Destiny lore.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQZFAQPTQtrFrTu6Hb4vwsw

jefe414 on
    edited September 2017
    Beaten

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    what if light level doesn't actually do anything and it's just a placebo number they put in the game to keep us playing

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    what if light level doesn't actually do anything and it's just a placebo number they put in the game to keep us playing

Maybe the levels were inside of us all along and we just needed to believe?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh hell yeah, one of Ikora's combat meditations this week is the tank mission.

It seems to be more of a "be close to this number or enemies have a red skull next to their health bar and one-shot you."

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    My Name is Byf (or something like that) on Youtube puts a lot of work into the Destiny lore.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQZFAQPTQtrFrTu6Hb4vwsw

My Name is Byf is great. He's the VaatiVidya of Destiny lore.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I need those tanks in patrols

juicebox989 on
    Awesome, thanks guys. This guy seems pretty knowledgable and his accent makes him sound super official.
    Maybe he's gunning for the position of Speaker, I heard there is an opening (too soon?)

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Myelin Games is my favorite Destiny lore guy. Byf is ok but back during D1 he used to sometimes give more speculation than actual lore and wasn't always clear on the difference. His production value is nice, though.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I need those tanks in patrols

I would give up Poledancing entirely if I could just have "SUMMON A GALL DANG TANK" as a super ability sub-class.

cB557 wrote: »

oh! that reminds me! weird thing happened last night. running strikes with @Chanus s and @Crippl3 and we got a tank on Inverted Spire. just sitting there waiting for us as we dropped down to the section covered in craters. guess that summoning plate is there for a reason, though that's certainly the first time i've seen or heard of it happening.

Myelin Games is my favorite Destiny lore guy. Byf is ok but back during D1 he used to sometimes give more speculation than actual lore and wasn't always clear on the difference. His production value is nice, though.

I always loved the fully produced/voice acted/fully foley'd Grimoire card readings Byf used to do on the Guardian Radio podcast. All the Last Word/Thorn stuff was super good.

Heroic Public event with Fireteam Medallion and Clan Rank 3 is giving me 15k Bright Engram Exp each completion.

That's a lot.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »

oh! that reminds me! weird thing happened last night. running strikes with Chanus s and Crippl3 and we got a tank on Inverted Spire. just sitting there waiting for us as we dropped down to the section covered in craters. guess that summoning plate is there for a reason, though that's certainly the first time i've seen or heard of it happening.

yeah, though maybe worth mentioning that was the normal strike playlist version and not the nightfall

see i had put together a last chance nightfall group yesterday

and forgotten that i had never hit the milestone on xbox to open up the nightfall

it was neat either way

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Heroic Public event with Fireteam Medallion and Clan Rank 3 is giving me 15k Bright Engram Exp each completion.

That's a lot.

Do you also have the increased experience thing going for your first 3 levels.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

That's a lot.

you still got your weekly 3x xp boost going?

Are public events slightly different right now or am I imagining things? There's a giant healer shank that appears with the walkers on Titan, and the Hive ritual seemed to have more bosses as well.

It'd be pretty cool if they're not the same each week

PSN- AHermano

I'll check him out. Looks like Bungie did a spot on him in April. I would prefer more organization of the lore into story form rather than speculation. I usually like to leave that to thread discussion among friends.

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    El Mucho wrote: »
    I do have to say it can feel real lonely when you see clan people doing things but you personally don't get invited or worse get over booked invited destiny 1 tended to have this issue as well.

Dont be shy to jump into parties (as long as you see they aren't in the raid or trials). I know at least on the Xbox side I've never felt like its a bad thing to do and I've been able to group up and do lots of cool stuff with new people as a result.

Plus I mean most people know you. You have been one of us for a long time. You ain't intruding.

This goes counter to me socially. Like anytime I join a party I always feel like i'm intruding. Socially I have a huge ton of hang ups. If I'm not invited I feel bad for joining anything.

This is me in a nutshell. I have to give myself a pep talk every time I join a party chat in order to get my brain to shut up. So most of the time I just do things solo hoping for some kind of invite. It's entirely stupid but it's hard to quiet your brain.

What's weird is people think of me at work as social and such, but inwardly I'm horrible at anything and constantly afraid I offend or anger people, so I find myself eating lunch alone, hurrying back to my desk to post on the forums.

I think most people associate "talkative" with "social" when thats not necessarily always the case.

They totally do.

But in game, yeah if you see me online send me a party invite, though I do have the occasional mike issues because fucking live.

My buddy and me had to go to game chat, because he could hear me, but I Could not hear him in a live party.

I'm going to make it my mission to invite you every time I see you.

This discussion has been closed.