As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Gettin' the Band Back Together.

1939495969799»

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Are public events slightly different right now or am I imagining things? There's a giant healer shank that appears with the walkers on Titan, and the Hive ritual seemed to have more bosses as well.

It'd be pretty cool if they're not the same each week

On the Flashpoint, public events spawn special mobs when you activate the heroic.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Heroic Public event with Fireteam Medallion and Clan Rank 3 is giving me 15k Bright Engram Exp each completion.

That's a lot.

Is the Rank 3 Clan Bonus just giving out more exp and glimmer for Public Events? Or are you noticing more engrams and/or tokens?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    Are public events slightly different right now or am I imagining things? There's a giant healer shank that appears with the walkers on Titan, and the Hive ritual seemed to have more bosses as well.

On the Flashpoint, public events spawn special mobs when you activate the heroic.

Ah nice, so like the war dog EDZ Cabal drill?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm curious exactly how much extra glimmer we're getting. Glimmer is in short supply if you play with mods a lot.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    man one of these days i'm going to remember i have a the fireteam medallion you get leveling up just sitting in my inventory not being used all these times i do group activities

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Heroic Public event with Fireteam Medallion and Clan Rank 3 is giving me 15k Bright Engram Exp each completion.

That's a lot.

Is the Rank 3 Clan Bonus just giving out more exp and glimmer for Public Events? Or are you noticing more engrams and/or tokens?

I was all ready to snidely say it was "just" going to be more glimmer, but since hitting 280 and starting to slot in mods and shaders, I'm suddenly broke again after sitting with 99999+ glimmer for over a week before.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    mikeatsu wrote: »
    Myelin Games is my favorite Destiny lore guy. Byf is ok but back during D1 he used to sometimes give more speculation than actual lore and wasn't always clear on the difference. His production value is nice, though.

I'll check him out. Looks like Bungie did a spot on him in April. I would prefer more organization of the lore into story form rather than speculation. I usually like to leave that to thread discussion among friends.

Tons of Destiny lore IS speculation though. There is a ton of stuff left unexplained. I don't think Byf is any more, or less, about speculation than Myelin, Myelin is just a bit drier about it. Byf is trying to weave a story, and interpolate data where it doesn't exist. Myelin is a more analytical approach. I just don't find Meylin's videos interesting to watch like I do Byf's.

If you don't want lore speculation though, just avoid it all together, because a good 50% of Destiny lore is just speculation or incomplete data interpolation. The parallel to Dark Souls is an apt one in this case.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

That's a lot.

Seems like additional Exp and Engrams. But yeah, for folks asking, I do have the Well Rested bonus. Forgot about that.

• Options
    juicebox989juicebox989 Quad CitiesRegistered User regular
    I need those tanks in patrols

I would give up Poledancing entirely if I could just have "SUMMON A GHAUL DANG TANK" as a super ability sub-class.

FIXED

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

It was the same as last week on nessus. Extra bosses spawn during public events, outside of public events there are at least two world bosses that will spawn and can drop purples/faction items.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

That's a lot.

Seems like additional Exp and Engrams. But yeah, for folks asking, I do have the Well Rested bonus. Forgot about that.

I was kind of hoping for extra tokens to be one of the benefits as well, but exp and engrams is a good bonus.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Does Hawthorne's bird wig out for anyone else? Like, is that a common thing?

Everytime I talk to her, that bird is peeking out from behind her just turbo vibrating like Fry before he had that last cup of coffee.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    man one of these days i'm going to remember i have a the fireteam medallion you get leveling up just sitting in my inventory not being used all these times i do group activities

What's annoying is that these tick down when you aren't online, and they are activated per character not account wide, so if you pop it on your titan you aren't getting use on your hunter or warlock and I hate that, especially combined with them ticking down when you aren't on that character/online.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Everytime I talk to her, that bird is peeking out from behind her just turbo vibrating like Fry before he had that last cup of coffee.

i know it was a major thing when people were first getting to the farm. thought Bungie had fixed it though cause i haven't seen it since.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

She has a CONDITION, OKAY?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    elijahdprophetelijahdprophet Registered User regular

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/905421958199869440/video/1

• Options
    So it looks like the Power Level 10 items from Trials and Raid Clan Engrams is not intended:
    Clan Rewards: We are actively investigating reports of issues where players are receiving Clan rewards at power level 10, or reports of players not receiving weekly Clan engrams for activity completions.

Thats good!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Man, my Cayde stashes have been real feast or famine.

This week I got fuck all aside from a legendary engram, most if the chests had like one blue.

Last week I got an exotic engram, a FWC gun, and a Dead Orbit gun

First week, likewise, fuck all

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Yes, pretty much since day 1. I took a few videos of it happening. It's amusing.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

What's annoying is that these tick down when you aren't online, and they are activated per character not account wide, so if you pop it on your titan you aren't getting use on your hunter or warlock and I hate that, especially combined with them ticking down when you aren't on that character/online.

that's weird

doesn't everything else only tick down when you are online?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

It was the same as last week on nessus. Extra bosses spawn during public events, outside of public events there are at least two world bosses that will spawn and can drop purples/faction items.

Huh, I guess this is the first time I've been familiar enough with the events to notice the additional stuff, thanks

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »

i know it was a major thing when people were first getting to the farm. thought Bungie had fixed it though cause i haven't seen it since.

i saw it on sunday when i started an alt on xbone and first got to the farm, but i don't think i've seen it other than that first encounter for any of my characters

• Options
    So it looks like the Power Level 10 items from Trials and Raid Clan Engrams is not intended:
    Clan Rewards: We are actively investigating reports of issues where players are receiving Clan rewards at power level 10, or reports of players not receiving weekly Clan engrams for activity completions.

Thats good!

And here I just thought they were giving you the gun and letting you boost it to your power level.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

Thats good!

nice. i just assumed it was a trade off for getting major end game stuff practically for free. hopefully they get it fixed soon.

• Options

Huh, I guess this is the first time I've been familiar enough with the events to notice the additional stuff, thanks

Well I think its more that Nessus was so spread out and so many of the events were harder to trigger heroic versions of.

The world bosses outside of public events were even harder to find on Nessus because I only knew of one spawn and that was outside of Failsafe's core a big minotaur would show up and you could get the kill for some extra loot.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I started that music box adventure, it says follow the music at one point without giving me a waypoint... Sick af and cant hear shit - Disband Activity.

Also Postmaster had some Guided Games box.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

I still have the ones they gave me. Don't really see the benefit of using them because I won't get the full four hour's use out of them because they burn while not playing.

---

Also RE the empty chests people have been complaining about previously. While sometimes the items don't jump out of the chest or spawn partially in the ground (which is why I said try humping the chests), there seems to be a soft cap/bug when picking up chests within a very short interval of time.

This reddit thread suggests it happens if you open 5 chests/material nodes within 5 minutes (possible if you're a hunter or have the 30m resource things). Other threads speak of a limit that triggers if you collect too many within 30 minutes, but I haven't been able to find the "proof" post about those yet.

I have noticed not getting items from resources if I'm running a tight loop, however I haven't stopped to see if it simply stopped showing the notification that you got something or never got anything. Will have to investigate that more.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I started that music box adventure, it says follow the music at one point and doesnt give me a waypoint... Sick af and cant hear shit - Disband Activity.

Also Postmaster had some Guided Games box.

Man I loved that Adventure. Was legitimately creepy at times.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Huzzah, 300 and not by equipping crap, actually using gear I like. I still need a goddamn Kinetic mod though. Holy hell I need a mountain of goddamn glimmer so blow on mods.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Nosf wrote: »
    Huzzah, 300 and not by equipping crap, actually using gear I like. I still need a goddamn Kinetic mod though. Holy hell I need a mountain of goddamn glimmer so blow on mods.

TIL that Bogey has a way to pay with glimmer irl

ObiFett on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Nosf wrote: »
    ...so blow on mods.
    :winky:

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular

I still have the ones they gave me. Don't really see the benefit of using them because I won't get the full four hour's use out of them because they burn while not playing.

---

Also RE the empty chests people have been complaining about previously. While sometimes the items don't jump out of the chest or spawn partially in the ground (which is why I said try humping the chests), there seems to be a soft cap/bug when picking up chests within a very short interval of time.

This reddit thread suggests it happens if you open 5 chests/material nodes within 5 minutes (possible if you're a hunter or have the 30m resource things). Other threads speak of a limit that triggers if you collect too many within 30 minutes, but I haven't been able to find the "proof" post about those yet.

I have noticed not getting items from resources if I'm running a tight loop, however I haven't stopped to see if it simply stopped showing the notification that you got something or never got anything. Will have to investigate that more.

I get the empty boxes / resources all the time. I've checked the inventory, and when there's no notification, nothing gets added to the inventory. I've had some success reloading via orbit or fast traveling to another part of the map. I just figured it was a way to limit resources per minute.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Damn. I burned a gun I kinda wanted to keep to level up one from a Clan Engram.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Angry Space Turtles, Wild Horse Constellations, Erratic Dogs...

New Thread.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/213942/destiny-2-a-veritable-menagerie-of-unhappy-space-animals/#latest

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Damn. I burned a gun I kinda wanted to keep to level up one from a Clan Engram.

Don't worry you'll probably get it back. Unless it was a better devil, than that's just gone.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.