Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Attention to Orders: Penny Arcade's [Military Thread] is Open!!!

123457»

• John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    You have become the very thing you swore to destroy!

Quid
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Hah, I think that might be a joke. Make up a random sing songy song about seabees and go for it. You’ll be fine

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Hah, I think that might be a joke. Make up a random sing songy song about seabees and go for it. You’ll be fine

Oh no, there is most definitely a Song of the Seabees. And I saved our Seabee selects by knowing it.

DiplominatorElvenshae
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Well, knowing things is what CTs are for, right?

Quid
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Does "bzzz bzzzz bzzz bzzz bzzzzz" count as a song?

• mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    edited August 22
    Quid wrote: »
    mosssnack wrote: »

Oh no, there is most definitely a Song of the Seabees. And I saved our Seabee selects by knowing it.

Haha, oh, fair enough.

Your situation reminded me of a story a buddy told me. Him and some other selects were asked to sing the Seabee song by their cob and they didn’t know it. They were screamed at and told to go figure it out.

So yeah, they came back the next day and sang a made up song about Seabees! The cob just sorta muttered “uh, yeah, ok. now get the fuck out”

Must have just been a classic case of asking for a lookup about something you don’t know shit about

mosssnack on
    XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The Air Force is dividing up the cyber officers even futher:
    17SA: Offensive Ops
    17SB: Defensive Ops
    17DA: Network Support
    17DB: Expeditionary Network Support

:(

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Fuselage
    That seems needlessly specialized.

ElvenshaeRadiationCantido
  • Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    Expeditionary Network Support? So an entire AFSC is just deployed now?

I need to find some 17 series guys to explain this to me. If “Civil Engineers” don’t get our own for DIFFERENT ENGINEERS like electrical, mechanical, etc, I have a hard time seeing how this makes any sense.

edited August 23

Part of the move was that the Air Force realized that they actually do need officers to get technical and that they need to stop trying to snuff out young officers' technical passions.

But what the hell tech savvy person is going to sign up for Expeditionary Network Support? They have enough trouble retaining them as it is. I will merrily waltz on over to the private sector if they think I'll spend a decade focused on the desert.

Cantido on
    Cantido wrote: »

Part of the move was that the Air Force realized that they actually do need officers to get technical and that they need to stop trying to snuff out young officers' technical passions.

But what the hell tech savvy person is going to sign up for Expeditionary Network Support? They have enough trouble retaining them as it is. I will merrily waltz on over to the private sector if they think I'll spend a decade focused on the desert.

Yeah that's a really odd choice.

Ours know it's a possibility to have to do that stuff but it's just one tour and then they're off to wherever.

Also the idea of an officer focused on cyber operations being dissuaded from the technical prob is just... huh.

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Ideally it's a deployment to a pay phone in the New York subway with your custom-sprayed laptop.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Hack the planet! Hack the planet!

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
    FuselageCantidoThro
    edited August 25
    Note that the glorious Cyber Ops guys absolutely need to deploy every now and then so they can provide localized network defense (or offense) in hot spots. I didn't mean to downplay that.

Cantido on
    Fuselage
    I'm done.

Finished Chief season with a broken wrist and still had a blast.

My feet are in horrid agony.

RadiationDiplominatorCauldElvenshae
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Yaaaayyyyyyy! Congrats!

PSN: jfrofl
    Diplominator
    Cantido wrote: »

Yeah that's a really odd choice.

Ours know it's a possibility to have to do that stuff but it's just one tour and then they're off to wherever.

Also the idea of an officer focused on cyber operations being dissuaded from the technical prob is just... huh.

There's another reason. Something I feared for years of but was ultimately inevitable: They're handing the networks to contractors so the troops can go to the desert and do more troopy things.