As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OWL returns to The OVERWATCH Thread

AshcroftAshcroft LOLThe PayloadRegistered User regular
edited February 2018 in Social Entropy++
Welcome to season 6

D2AI3Qhh.jpg

Overwatch, we love it, we all hate it, we all play it, especially these people

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RFACI8XMRoMQdcC5io6s8JjRkn4-RR0_j0nqXJnbMeY/edit#gid=0

Hi hello post about Overwatch already

ZD98Zka.png
Ashcroft on

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Just lost 8/10 of my placements (I hate everyone)

placed 100 points lower than I was at the end of last season, still in gold.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I've been meaning to post a couple Genji highlights here.

The first one of these was actually in a comp match at the end of last season. I seemed like it was definitely going to be a loss, so I swapped to Genji and someone else went Pharah for the sake of having fun. We actually turned it around to win the next three rounds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lQB75X3Jug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKrYtVtBw4E

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    My comp history includes four seasons of placing around 1500-Ish cause I primarily heal. I missed last season because I was overseas. Today I finished my placements, and imagine my surprise when I placed 2500.

• Options
    Also

nrf6lbttsz8j.png

• Options
    RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    Nice

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Noice

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Oh, the Blizzard store is back online.

Finally, I can go back to staring at the D.Va statue like a child at the window of a sweet shop.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    I was so excited about this I even bothered editing the POTG & my recorded highlight so I didn't miss any!

https://youtu.be/CmzIPQJliUY

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This highlight is fucking weird and it wasn't until just now when uploading when I remembered why it counted as a highlight the game wanted to grab.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bydp0FjsUvU
    It isn't shown at the start, but I had booped a Hanzo off the ledge, and it was quite delayed because he partially climbed back up or something.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    finished my first ever placement matches

I got 1299, Bronze

I was hoping for at least silver, but now I have a chance to improve and work my way up

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying playing deathmatch and only picking my least played character.

No I don't.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I too enjoy Deathmatch
    https://youtu.be/2qnzkym9DhA

• Options

I got 1299, Bronze

I was hoping for at least silver, but now I have a chance to improve and work my way up

Update: 2 matches, 2 quick wins, 100 points away from silver

2 more matches, 2 losses, now I have 1 more point than I started with

Overwatch giveth and overwatch taketh away

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I too enjoy Deathmatch
    https://youtu.be/2qnzkym9DhA
    That would've been the sickest deployment of Reaper's ult I've seen yet.

Edit - lol that typo.

Henroid on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Finished placements 6-4 and got 3067. First time I've placed directly in Diamond so that's nice! Played a lot more D.va and Zarya than I have recently.

• Options

I got 1299, Bronze

Update: 2 matches, 2 quick wins, 100 points away from silver

2 more matches, 2 losses, now I have 1 more point than I started with

Overwatch giveth and overwatch taketh away

This right here is why I play my placements and then stop playing comp for the season

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    FFA death match is starting to turn into Hanzotown USA and it's not very fun.

• Options
    Last night I managed to stall the cart right by the subway entrance on Kings Row for the whole time it took for my entire team to run back from the attack spawn during overtime, after they all got killed at once by a Junk tyre.

I was 1 v 6 and somehow they just couldn't kill me, even after destroying the mech. It must have been 30 seconds or more.

Genji and Rein came back with ult, we wiped them and ended up pushing it all the way.

I feel like it was better than any multi-kill or streak I've ever done.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

I wonder if we'll ever see characters balanced separately for FFA to open up more diverse picks.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I played my first three placement rounds and they were all filled with smurfs so I got mad and stopped playing them.

• Options
    Isn't there a report option for that now?

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Last night I managed to stall the cart right by the subway entrance on Kings Row for the whole time it took for my entire team to run back from the attack spawn during overtime, after they all got killed at once by a Junk tyre.

I was 1 v 6 and somehow they just couldn't kill me, even after destroying the mech. It must have been 30 seconds or more.

Genji and Rein came back with ult, we wiped them and ended up pushing it all the way.

I love doing that as Lucio, but D.Va doesn't even have wall-riding! How did you manage?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    templewulf wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »

I love doing that as Lucio, but D.Va doesn't even have wall-riding! How did you manage?

I have no idea. I just kept jumping.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

just play Winston and eat all of their fun

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm going to try competitive placements tomorrow.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    It's more of McCreeville to me. The only two characters I hate dying to in DM are him and Genji. Everyone else I can deal with because, even in the hands of a super-expert-pro, there are ways to fight them to level the playing field more.

• Options
    McCree's flashbang + right-click is just the cheapest shit in FFA. A combo like that has no place in a deathmatch game.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Does the single player DM bonus box work now?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Was playing some 3v3 Elimination as Junkrat

Found a Sombra translocator

Did I place a mine on it? Yes

Did I detonate it the second she popped in? Also yes

Blowed up real good

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    It's really funny to me when a match is full of characters who aren't exactly killers, so everyone is clearly having fun. Except the one McCree player, who brags about being #1.

• Options
    4v4 DM is so terrible pugging it. Either you join 10 kills down or your team is literally playing with their feet.

• Options
    They need to up the backfill bonus XP for DM and team DM because how can you have any hope of winning when you're down by 10 from the start?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    I've had 15 matches and one win.

Final tally 2 wins, 19 matches in 4v4 DM.

Einzel on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Was playing some 3v3 Elimination as Junkrat

Found a Sombra translocator

Did I place a mine on it? Yes

Did I detonate it the second she popped in? Also yes

Blowed up real good

It's fun when you find one and just toss a mine and a trap on it and carry on your way , then just flick right click when you get the trap triggered message.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    They need to up the backfill bonus XP for DM and team DM because how can you have any hope of winning when you're down by 10 from the start?

At this point it's just a waste of time and excessive aggravation when you backfill into a DM. Why even bother?

• Options
    Einzel wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

At this point it's just a waste of time and excessive aggravation when you backfill into a DM. Why even bother?
    That's what I'm getting at. People sit in queues only to be delivered into an unwinnable situation. May as well give them something for their time.

I found out a couple days ago that if two or three people quit a DM, it will start a reinstancing queue regardless of time / score. So a match near its end can be cancelled out by sore losers.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am getting a lot of games in deathmatch of 10vs25 the last two I just said sorry I am not doing this and left

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    We won Hanamura point B even though 4 members of the red team were alive because they were alergic to the point.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    IOlXqky.jpg?1

coeW8E5.jpg?1

Cute But Deadly Overwatch figures comin'

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.