As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This YouTube Thread has been removed due to a copyright claim

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    IT GROWS OUT OF THE FUCKING GROUND

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

so do diamonds

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

so do diamonds

Another product whose price is vastly artificially inflated compared to its cost and scarcity, but that people have been tricked into thinking is worth it?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Or is that the joke?

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

so do diamonds

Yeah, but I can walk up to a grape vine, pull off a grape and eat it. I'd have to dig a mile below ground just to find a diamond crystal that needs to be cut and polished before I can eat it.

• Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Don’t forget guys, you suck at cooking...
    https://youtu.be/hpapqEeb36k
    ... yeah, you totally suck.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    "Who's a jammy bastard" gets me good every time

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    @Larlar and I having the most ridiculous pubg game (mostly me since he died but he provides excellent commentary!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOg_5pfB3tQ

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I uhh.... I've now been on an all day Shaun binge. I only stopped because I got to the point in his cherrypicking/Thunderfoot video where he plays a clip of Thunderfoot talking about Anita Sarkeesian's clothing choices. Every time I thought it was going to end, it kept on going, and it was deeply, deeply disturbing and I feel unclean now.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

so do diamonds

Another product whose price is vastly artificially inflated compared to its cost and scarcity, but that people have been tricked into thinking is worth it?

Nah.

The value of something is what the market's willing to pay for it. Diamonds are one thing, with there being a monopoly on their excavation and stockpiles being held to inflate price, but something's worth is incredibly rarely intrinsic and there's no global marketing campaign to make people thing they need $2,000 grapes.

Just because they grow in the ground doesn't mean they're cheap to produce or bring to market is all I was saying. I admit diamonds probably wan't the best example.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You're aware that there is a market for industrial diamonds that is drastically cheaper than the eyesores we wear on our fingers, right?

Fuck DeBeers

• Options
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    As someone who previously really liked hbomberguy I think it's going to be hard to go back to him now that I know the tender touch of Shaun.

I do hope hbomb does more of that scanlines series like the one about the impact of VHS.

Hbomb is the most fun to watch when he's talking about something he genuinely enjoys, which is why I loved Scanlines so much.

...of course if you're in the mood for a frankly unfair and petty takedown of something, nothing really beats his Sherlock ''''''review''''''

Sometimes you just want to watch someone tear something apart, y'know?

I've watched his Sherlock one maybe 3 times and will probably watch it again, it's perfect. I'm hoping he stops doing the "mocking other youtubers" video because I think Shaun is much better in that niche.

I'm replaying him saying "It's a fucking boomerang" in my head and giggling.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

I have shared this video with so many of my friends in farming. And it kills them every.single.time.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    bombardier wrote: »
    @Larlar and I having the most ridiculous pubg game (mostly me since he died but he provides excellent commentary!)

The hardest workin' Dacia in PUBG.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/JkLsDxOQS94
    Isn't afternoon tea just the same thing as breakfast tea?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

so do diamonds

Nah.

The value of something is what the market's willing to pay for it. Diamonds are one thing, with there being a monopoly on their excavation and stockpiles being held to inflate price, but something's worth is incredibly rarely intrinsic and there's no global marketing campaign to make people thing they need $2,000 grapes.

Just because they grow in the ground doesn't mean they're cheap to produce or bring to market is all I was saying. I admit diamonds probably wan't the best example.

okay but the worth it series is about the decadence of capitalism and the extravagant wastefulness of the rich who are more interested in eating expensive things than they are in improving the world in any way

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Tonkka wrote: »
    bombardier wrote: »

The hardest workin' Dacia in PUBG.

I almost abandoned it in Mylta for a UAZ but couldn't after all we had been through, from the radar honking guy, to flipping down stairs, running a man down in cold blood, and letting me shoot over a wall.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Using the car to shoot the guy reviving his friend was inspired.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Crippl3 on
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/JkLsDxOQS94
    Isn't afternoon tea just the same thing as breakfast tea?

I don't know of many breakfast teas which include delicious cucumber sandwiches.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    what do they do with the giant grapes that are not perfectly distributed and have color variation

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    what do they do with the giant grapes that are not perfectly distributed and have color variation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3C5rB8sm4Y

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

That's the actual twist in Snowpiercer.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

guillotine

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I had some grapes as a kid, and they were like the fruit from the gods. I just don't know type they were. They weren't the run of the mill red or green, but a dark blue. And when you pressed them against the roof of your mouth, the skin would split and a glob of tart ambrosia would pop out and spill all over my tongue.

Wish I knew what type they were.

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    I had some grapes as a kid, and they were like the fruit from the gods. I just don't know type they were. They weren't the run of the mill red or green, but a dark blue. And when you pressed them against the roof of your mouth, the skin would split and a glob of tart ambrosia would pop out and spill all over my tongue.

Wish I knew what type they were.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concord_grape

?

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Some people I know started a Youtube channel. Thought I'd do them a solid and share their first two videos.
    Critics Critique

A breakdown of polarized and saturated film criticism across the board. We will analyze popular critics from Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, MetaCritic, IGN, and other aggregate review sites and peel back modern pop-culture bias in an attempt to deliver objectivity and clarify the picture of what a film or movie is beyond the immediate responses. Do you wonder why you love a film most people hate? Do you wonder if they hate it just because the majority hates it? It's criticism versus cynicism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_G4fYGMjo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJuvCeeELfE

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I uhh.... I've now been on an all day Shaun binge. I only stopped because I got to the point in his cherrypicking/Thunderfoot video where he plays a clip of Thunderfoot talking about Anita Sarkeesian's clothing choices. Every time I thought it was going to end, it kept on going, and it was deeply, deeply disturbing and I feel unclean now.

I did this too. The sarcasm is indeed next tier, and it has me busting out laughing in fits.

• Options
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    What do we do when a bag falls over?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjig3h__Cwg

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Some people I know started a Youtube channel. Thought I'd do them a solid and share their first two videos.
    Critics Critique

A breakdown of polarized and saturated film criticism across the board. We will analyze popular critics from Rotten Tomatoes, IMDB, MetaCritic, IGN, and other aggregate review sites and peel back modern pop-culture bias in an attempt to deliver objectivity and clarify the picture of what a film or movie is beyond the immediate responses. Do you wonder why you love a film most people hate? Do you wonder if they hate it just because the majority hates it? It's criticism versus cynicism.
    As a channel description it makes me warry enough that i wouldn't check out the channel in any other context. The "We will deliver objectivity" line makes me warry, objectivity is a goal to strive for, not an achievable target. These days when someone says "We're Objective" they really mean "We're pushing a bias in the guise of objectivity". And peeling back the bias could go either way, like it could mean they're saying "Down with the SJW bull in reviews" or it could mean "We're going to examine the biases inherent in pop culture that oppose kinds of art".

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular

Lies, everyone knows Jim Sterling never makes videos except to complain, usually about loot boxes.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    Critics Critique

I am terrified to hit play on that video from that description.

1) dedwrekka already covered it, but any time someone starts talking about objectivity in reviews it comes off as the same kind of “ethics in games journalism” bs we’ve been dealing with for years. As has been pointed out a thousand times, you cannot have a truly objective review of anything - no matter what you are going to bring your biases to whatever you watch, from social and political views all the way down to if that burrito gave you gas when you saw the movie can change your perspective.

2) Metacritic, imdb, and rotten tomatoes do not have critics so the fact that they say “popular critics from [those sites]” implies a fundamental misunderstanding of what they’re criticizing.

3) Channel description should really say who they are and what they do. Critics critique? Are they critics themselves? What’s they’re background? Film studies? Journalism? Gimme some names and details here. What makes these guys even qualified to criticize film or criticism?

4) Combine #1, #3, and 3 nerdy lookin white dudes and I’m running to the hills away from this.

This discussion has been closed.