As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Equifax Consumer Information Leak and You (Updated 2019-07-25)

13»

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Just got an email to verify that I have credit monitoring from another source. They are definitely trying to weed out some claims for cash. Well, I have credit monitoring from like five different sources, three of which are because of other company breaches.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    BurtletoyThroCauldElvenshaemilski
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Just got an email to verify that I have credit monitoring from another source. They are definitely trying to weed out some claims for cash. Well, I have credit monitoring from like five different sources, three of which are because of other company breaches.

Same. I just came in here to report this as well.

ThroCauldmilskizepherin
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Did they ever pay a dime for their malfeasance?

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

They had to buy utterly useless ID Theft protection policies for a whole lot of people. So.. kinda?

Except that does virtually nothing to solve what happened.

They should have been burned to the ground and then the entire industry nationalized (which it arguably should have always been) but no, this was never more than a hiccup for them.

HefflingElvenshaeSmrtnikDisruptedCapitalistzepherinbowenBahamutZERO
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Heffling wrote: »

It’s in appellate court right now as a few groups have appealed the settlement because it amounts to like 7 bucks a person.Even though it looks like a big number.

zepherin on