As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We talk TV. You talk some [TV]?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    superior donuts is a nice little show and i won't abide anyone saying anything different

I haven't watched it because it looks terrible. It just looked like a show destined to fail.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I had to look up Superior Donuts because I'd never heard of it

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Today in "Geez, nobody watches the shows you like, Johnny, so stop trying to make them a thing", I told our Traffic reporter that she was the Car Czar, because she knows where the cars are.

... yeah, my life has become a cringe comedy. That said, I'll never stop stumping for Happy Endings, no matter how much my pride suffers.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    We get this station on our rabbit ears, "Decades," that's entirely TV from the 60s and 70s

So our show to put on when we're cooking has become Laugh In

And there was this episode from 1969 where all the jokes were about how America has a gun problem and our privacy is being stripped away

Good to see how far we've come in half a century

holy crap i want that channel

It's pretty neat!

I had almost forgotten how everybody on 60s/70s gameshows was HAMMERED at all times

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    superior donuts is a nice little show and i won't abide anyone saying anything different

I haven't watched it because it looks terrible. It just looked like a show destined to fail.

well it's not terrible and it's succeeding so you are probably a racist

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Pssh, would a racist know that Reginald Vel Johnson is alive?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

But do you think he's uncle Phil?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

I know that Reginald Vel Johnson played Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction! Nice try.

• Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    Patriot on Amazon is really very fucking good, in my honest IMO

and yeah "Amelie but about a CIA assassin" is perfectly accurate and part of why I love it so much

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    How the fuck did Superior Donuts get a second season?

Well, Judd Hirsch has to work somewhere after ABC cancelled Forever so that they could air a terrible season of Castle where the lead actors weren't even on speaking terms despite playing a married couple.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dimosar wrote: »
    Patriot on Amazon is really very fucking good, in my honest IMO

and yeah "Amelie but about a CIA assassin" is perfectly accurate and part of why I love it so much

ok no wait - I've got a new comparison. I'm defending this one with my life.

"David Foster Wallace does Robert Ludlum"

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

I know that Reginald Vel Johnson played Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction! Nice try.

No silly, that was Tommy Lister. You're thinking of the character Buddy Bragg from Out of Sight.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I'm caught up on The Deuce

Six episodes in and I finally have some idea of the point it's been meandering towards.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think it was @Blankzilla who said the last episode of Brooklyn 99 was very sitcomy, more then you usually get, and I think this episode was too, but this was also the Halloween episode so I am totally ok with that because Halloween means a sweet heist and everyone acts all crazy because of it.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'd love to watch Reginald VelJohnson shoot the testicles off a security guard

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I think it was @Blankzilla who said the last episode of Brooklyn 99 was very sitcomy, more then you usually get, and I think this episode was too, but this was also the Halloween episode so I am totally ok with that because Halloween means a sweet heist and everyone acts all crazy because of it.

I think they're trying to offset the darkness of the first two episodes. If this is the Leslie recall arc of B99 I'll deal with it for a strong final season

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    CBS is putting out a Michael Jackson Halloween Special

For children

how would you think that is a good idea

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

For children

what

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

For children

what
    https://youtu.be/5uJrLmSvXMU

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Holy shit

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    wooooooow

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Just made a blind purchase of the complete series of Penny Dreadful for $20 because I haven't seen it. Good decision or no?

I heard alright things about the final season

• Options
    Just made a blind purchase of the complete series of Penny Dreadful for $20 because I haven't seen it. Good decision or no?

I heard alright things about the final season

With the right expectations it's good

Great style, great atmosphere, some great performances, dumber than dog shit plotting

• Options
    penny dreadful is basically the poster child for all style, no substance. but goddamn if that style ain't fly as hell.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I loved Penny Dreadful

It's just so pretty

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    yeah, I really wish PD had been better.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Thank you! Gonna binge Season 1 and maybe also 2 this week

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Don't binge Penny Dreadful

You gotta luxuriate in it

It ain't a quick shower after a run, it's a bubble bath after a long week

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Speaking of the good place

Spoiler for season 2
    Does anyone else get the feeling that Michael figured out he can can have his cake and eat it too by letting the disgruntled demons do their thing while also still getting the four humans tortured even though they're aware of the situation? I feel like this is just another one of his tricks.

I have considered this, but it seems a little too simple.
    they've also said there won't be any more twists like the end of season 1, although they could be lying.
    My guess is that this iteration is Macro is right about Michael--this is his latest run of the project and he's still trying to make the plan work, but by spending so much time wiht the humans and getting to know them on a personal level he'll end up having a change of heart and genuinely become a better person, because that's the sort of thing that happens in a Michael Schur show

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    I'm at this thing and Tahani is here in a ballgown and I'm wearing the one "nice outfit" I've had for like five years

And when I saw her, my first thought was, "Oh, cool, I AM a worm. I always suspected, and this confirmation is nice to receive."

It's a real weight off the shoulders.

• Options
    pooro how dare you self-depreciate and humblebrag at the same time

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited October 2017

There's literally zero brag, I am just here. I'm not like talking to anybody who matters.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options

There's literally zero brag, I am just here. I'm not like talking to anybody who matters.

You go up to that seductive tower of Babel and say youre a huge fan!

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017

You are talking to us.

This checks out.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Oh my God you guys

I didn't realize they made Superior Donuts a thing

I am not sure if I posted about seeing the pilot for that show in Vegas at their focus group thing, but that show was awful and racist as hell in that iteration

I rated it 0 within 4 minutes of the viewing

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Oh my God you guys

I didn't realize they made Superior Donuts a thing

I am not sure if I posted about seeing the pilot for that show in Vegas at their focus group thing, but that show was awful and racist as hell in that iteration

I rated it 0 within 4 minutes of the viewing

A racist Donut show? Did all the superior donuts have a white sugar glazing?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'm watching NeoYokio, it's like one of those anime dubs where the English VAs don't give a shit and say whatever they want.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    What was that one anime where they totally did that, like one of the VA decided their character was a religious zealot?

Ah found it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxJ4VWoeOzs

Bucketman on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Speechless is so damn good. It's really funny but they deal with some really heavy issues without being patronizing about it.
    Last night's episode had JJ (the kid with Cerebral Palsy) asking his dad if he would ever find love or get married, and the show dealt with it really great.

This discussion has been closed.