As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shade, The Changing [chat]

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Why...

Why are you announcing this when you just talked about the 8 model? Like.. what reason do I have to get the 8, not that I was going to anyways?

wait for the price

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    SUPER!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Idk if I like how it looks. Hard to say from pictures. Wanna hold one in person before passing judgment.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Super Retina. your eyeballs can't even perceive these colors. You need new iEyes first.

Display seller. I'm playing competitive AR games and I need only your best displays.

You can't handle my displays, traveler. My displays show too many colors for you. You need to find a seller who sells weaker displays.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I missed it on screen - is "Chi" how you pronounce Qi?

Yes. Chi is from an older alphabet system used to translate Chinese that fell out of favor a few decades ago. The "proper" way is qi, but chi is one of the few Chinese words that's been commonly used for some time now so it'll probably be sticking around.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Why...

Why are you announcing this when you just talked about the 8 model? Like.. what reason do I have to get the 8, not that I was going to anyways?

it's going to cost a fuckton of money

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Oh shit. That gets my attention - Dolby Vision. I met the VP who helped develop that, and it's some seriously cool shit.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Why are they trumpeting pixel density that's 20% lower than the S8 and V30?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Super Retina. your eyeballs can't even perceive these colors. You need new iEyes first.

Display seller. I'm playing competitive AR games and I need only your best displays.

You can't handle my displays, traveler. My displays show too many colors for you. You need to find a seller who sells weaker displays.

What a callback

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I have to make a bunch of chicken this week in order to get some bones so that I can make chicken stock because I'm having my dad and his gf over on Sunday and she can't eat processed chicken stock or whatever.

just roast a whole chicken and use that

Last time I did that I feel like I didn't get enough bones to make 4 quarts worth. Although, I'm making something that doesn't require that much chicken stock, so maybe I have enough with what I made earlier this week.

Yeah my lazy way is getting a rotisserie chicken and using the carcass to make the stock.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Swipe up for home = I'm gonna be screwing up what app I'm using so much more, as I mess up and hit the home button on my OnePlus One all the time.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Thirteen hours in emerg to be told, no, my gallbladder does not have stones in it at all after the ultrasound, but you should probably get another test done in case it's a defective gallbladder instead, and in the meantime why not try not eating lactose to see if it helps?

Thirteen. Hours.

I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    huh, so you have to be looking at the screen.

So not just pointing it at your face. If your eyes aren't engaged it wont work.

So, close your eyes, fuck tha police

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Oh shit. That gets my attention - Dolby Vision. I met the VP who helped develop that, and it's some seriously cool shit.

Dolby vision sounds like a good way to get blinded with science.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Man I love running in the rain

• Options
    That little bar is basically a mini-Kinect.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

age check inc!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    today I learned that ii ≈ 1/5

which is... not really useful knowledge

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I have to make a bunch of chicken this week in order to get some bones so that I can make chicken stock because I'm having my dad and his gf over on Sunday and she can't eat processed chicken stock or whatever.

Last time I did that I feel like I didn't get enough bones to make 4 quarts worth. Although, I'm making something that doesn't require that much chicken stock, so maybe I have enough with what I made earlier this week.

i think wings would be your best bet. You'll get the most amount of bone to meat ratio going on there and the cartilage in the joints should break down for the most flavor.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Thirteen hours in emerg to be told, no, my gallbladder does not have stones in it at all after the ultrasound, but you should probably get another test done in case it's a defective gallbladder instead, and in the meantime why not try not eating lactose to see if it helps?

Thirteen. Hours.

I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place, I'm in my happy place.

:bro:

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

I hope the head developer for those is the iEye captain

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

Yes. Chi is from an older alphabet system used to translate Chinese that fell out of favor a few decades ago. The "proper" way is qi, but chi is one of the few Chinese words that's been commonly used for some time now so it'll probably be sticking around.

qi is pronounced 'kwee'? or why not spell it 'ki'?

• Options

You're right. The original prototypes would basically melt your eyeballs with how many nits they were putting out.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

it looks like 4 quarts requires 8 lbs of bones so that would take more, yeah

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    faceid works with glasses, hair styles, beards, hats, etc

lol lol lol lol lol

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    it annoys me when the numbers don't go in order ><
    Like when the XBox 360 is followed up with the XBox One?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    huh, so you have to be looking at the screen.

So not just pointing it at your face. If your eyes aren't engaged it wont work.

So, close your eyes, fuck tha police

clockwork-orange-eyes.jpg

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    it annoys me when the numbers don't go in order ><
    Like when the XBox 360 is followed up with the XBox One?

yes microsoft is the worst

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

lol lol lol lol lol

What if I am a really rich person who wants to use it as like a burner phone while rioting with my face covered?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    have they stopped making it thinner and thinner and started making it the thickness of an iphone 5 with a super long battery life?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Apparently FaceID blasts you in the face with a light when it's dark. So much for IR.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Heh. I could see the IR being the trick - you have to be a warm, living body for it to start working.

Also, good call showing the black gentleman at night - face trackers have a horrible record with that, and I know it's a large concern.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    If it's super good at identifying your face even with beards and whatnot, I want to see someone try and do the "is being unlocked by the police against your will" test where you try and close your eyes and such. If it still unlocks, it's both impressive and not something I'd use.

Weird that the 8 has a button and the X doesn't.

Also weird that they called it the iPhone X at all.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

lol lol lol lol lol

but how well does it work if your dark skinned and not standing in a super well lit area?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    oooh, they are embracing the rabbit ears of the screen.

those colors stretching up from the bar looked nice

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    dat animoji doe

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Apparently FaceID blasts you in the face with a light when it's dark. So much for IR.

ugh

just what I want at night

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    If it's super good at identifying your face even with beards and whatnot, I want to see someone try and do the "is being unlocked by the police against your will" test where you try and close your eyes and such. If it still unlocks, it's both impressive and not something I'd use.

Weird that the 8 has a button and the X doesn't.

Also weird that they called it the iPhone X at all.

Well they didn't want to call it iPhone Expensive so they went 90's style just using the X.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

Technically it's a bit more sibilant than a "ch" sound, pronounced with the corners of your mouth pulled tight back instead of a rounded mouth like with "cheese"...

but for all intensive porpoises, yeah it's basically the same.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
This discussion has been closed.