The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Insight on 2018 dates?

ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
I'm guessing the 31st-3rd but the WSCC calendar is not showing anything and I can't recall which years PAX gets preempted for the doctors convention thing.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
sMolNzv.png

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited September 14
    The WSCC calender isn't going to show PAX, they keep them from showing it. Since moving to the WSCC, PAX been on Labor Day except once every 4 years. 2015, 2011, and 2007. It is almost certainly going to be on Labor Day in 2018. It won't be on 9/7-9/10 because Dam Safety is then. It won't be on 8/24-27 because both The Seattle Gift Show and SharePoint Fest Seattle would be in the way. When reading the calendar, you have to consider PAX Dev and the setup time needed.

YoungFrey on
    SkeleVader
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    The WSCC calender isn't going to show PAX, they keep them from showing it. Since moving to the WSCC, PAX been on Labor Day except once every 4 years. 2015, 2011, and 2007. It is almost certainly going to be on Labor Day in 2018. It won't be on 9/7-9/10 because Dam Safety is then. It won't be on 8/24-27 because both The Seattle Gift Show and SharePoint Fest Seattle would be in the way. When reading the calendar, you have to consider PAX Dev and the setup time needed.

Also, they need the tear down time after PAX. There is currently a giant hole in the schedule around labor day and Sheraton has no rooms available for that time. I would think it is certain to be Labor day weekend again next year. Since we basically already know the date I, wish PA would just help out the attendees and make it official so people can schedule time off and travel whenever they need to.

• RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

Dam Safety is the other big convention I wait for all year! Also, I got an e-mail from the Seattle Homewood offering a discount for re-booking with them for PAX 2018. The dates show 8/29 (Wed) - 9/4 (Tues).

I need my dam to remain safe...!

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    RiDE wrote: »
    Also, I got an e-mail from the Seattle Homewood offering a discount for re-booking with them for PAX 2018. The dates show 8/29 (Wed) - 9/4 (Tues).
    Interesting. As an hhonors member, I've not received anything like this. And while I can page over to that weekend for 2018, the site is currently saying that there is nothing available for it or a few weeks previous.

I'm going to guess the system just doesn't let me reserve anything this far in advance :P

PAX Prim..err, West 2018 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Badges [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Name on Forum Badge
    ZJpbXmR.png
  • ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 15
    I've seen PAX on the WSCC calendar quite a few times but not until closer in the year. Why would PA care. I've been going since 09 so I've got a good handle on times just couldn't recall the last "off date" sounds like it going to be 2019 for the next one. Thanks for the insight. I've reserved my timeshare. :)

And yes I've tried 2 or 3 years now to reserve normal hotels a year out and their booking systems just won't let you. You should have better luck early in the year but people tend to grab the ones not reserved for onpeak fairly quick.

ElmoFuntz on
    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    sMolNzv.png

• smashilatorsmashilator Registered User regular
    Dam Safety: Don't just be safe. Be Dam safe :biggrin:

P.D.B. FishsticksCroatian Sensation