As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THE EVIL MULTIFARIOUS COFFEE TABLE BOOK OF [chat]

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Neco noooooooooooo

Don't be gone forever

Just be gone til you come back

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    like i'm pretty certain the message wasn't supposed to imply "... and that's a good thing!"

but i can understand some people reading it that way because it was pretty clumsily executed

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    A question

Do i go home for lunch and eat almond chicken leftovers

Or

Do i stay here and get Lebanese food truck

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Option C

Go home and play pubg, come back and get food truck on the way back in

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Also @Evil Multifarious you are a treasure and @Vanguard that is a delightful OP

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    A question

Or

food truck.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I feel myself getting progressively less capable of coping with the psychological trauma of being at work.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Dyna consider that infraction for making an obvious joke like twenty posts too late

I haven't had a chance to post in chat for like 5 days. I was so excited to even make a tired joke that I rolled the dice. Alas

Also, 9 years since my last run-in with the man. I better get a lawyer. And hit the gym just in case.

gym up
    hit the lawyer

Elendil on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Lebanese

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    That is certainly an op

Wow

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I feel myself getting progressively less capable of coping with the psychological trauma of being at work.

This is called growing up. Gotta get a blister before you get a callous

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Diarrhea sux, FYI.

So does nausea.

Upside to being sick: I can do some work at home between shitruns.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i had a dream just before i woke up this morning that t'pol was telling me i shouldn't report for duty because i had a fever

and i woke up convinced i was meant to call in sick today

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    A question

Or

What other secrets remain locked inside an almond? Milk, chicken, maybe next it will be world peace.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Dyna consider that infraction for making an obvious joke like twenty posts too late

I haven't had a chance to post in chat for like 5 days. I was so excited to even make a tired joke that I rolled the dice. Alas

Also, 9 years since my last run-in with the man. I better get a lawyer. And hit the gym just in case.

gym up
    hit the lawyer

Hey

I hit back

SIG does too i bet

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

i'm 37 when do i grow up

• Options
    New York Tcheldors goes back in time and writes you out if existance

Paracausal rekt

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

i'm 37 when do i grow up

You've got a mortgage now bro

That was it

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20697346/fans-removed-fenway-park-seats-racism-american-baseball-sign

Ahh... Boston...

Fans lower Racism is American as Baseball sign on live TV. They get ejected still of course.

i mean

not wrong

I was ready to give them benefit of the doubt but....

"inspired by Black Lives Matter..."

No.... no benefit.

i'm not sure i understand this unless you're reading it differently than i am or you have a different opinion of BLM than I do

Actually yeah I am sorry. I will look into it more. I wasnt sure if it was a statement or more shitheel racism that has been an issue in Fenway for a long while.

it is kind of ambiguously stated, but i think their intent was examining american history and realizing we need to recognize and correct some things

i'm not sure if it was intended to reflect the integration of baseball or not, but i think that's also a convenient metaphor

Yes, there's a narrative that racism is an overt and external force that Real Americans are of course unsympathetic to, or that Donald Trump is somehow in defiance of American values (instead of just governmental protocol and norms). This is harmful because it steers us away from self-reflection and investigation into the root of where our problems actually come from.

• Options
    wait i'm not 37 for 3 more weeks stop making yourself older chanus gawl

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

i had a dream just before i woke up this morning that t'pol was telling me i shouldn't report for duty because i had a fever

Was T'Pol in uniform or getting "decontaminated" in this dream?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Diarrhea sux, FYI.

So does nausea.

Upside to being sick: I can do some work at home between shitruns.

I did that all day yesterday.

Then when I weighed myself this morning I had gained a pound somehow.

So sick I'm breaking the laws of thermodynamics.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

i don't really agree but my experience is probably not in the norm.

The jobs i've had were either me lying to people suckering them into a pyramid scheme, which I could not deal with by the end, or working on video games, in which case I don't really feel any trauma.

IDK if I shoulda stayed at Pyramid co. Leaving there was probably a net plus.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

i'm 37 when do i grow up
    When you stop feeling or the feeling ranges between nothingness and hot searing agony. You need psychological neuropathy

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That is certainly an op

Wow

not going to lie, i am probably more proud of it than i should be

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    wait Canada invented racism?

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Was T'Pol in uniform or getting "decontaminated" in this dream?

in uniform

i am a gentleman

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    wait i'm not 37 for 3 more weeks stop making yourself older chanus gawl

37... eons, right?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20697346/fans-removed-fenway-park-seats-racism-american-baseball-sign

Ahh... Boston...

Fans lower Racism is American as Baseball sign on live TV. They get ejected still of course.
    The ejected individual who spoke to CSN New England in a phone interview was surprised there was confusion as to the exact message being sent, as some thought the banner was promoting racism.

"I guess we should have seen that coming, but we also didn't think of it as an ambiguous message," the group member told CSN New England. "It's kind of telling that it is being interpreted as one."

My first thought was the the whites hanging the banner were promoting racism. Baseball is an institution/national pastime to be protected.

• Options

i'm 37 when do i grow up
    When you stop feeling or the feeling ranges between nothingness and hot searing agony. You need psychological neuropathy

probably true

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    That is certainly an op

Wow

Good artists create

Great artists steal

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    wait Canada invented racism?

No, the English did, like they invented baseball

Canada invented Basketball.

• Options
    That is certainly an op

Wow

sure makes "which is best poop" poll look like a real stinker

• Options
    That is certainly an op

Wow

Good artists create

Great artists steal ~21stCentury

Good quote from a good person.

• Options

I am 32 and have worked six days a week for at least the past like, six years.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    That is certainly an op

Wow

vanguard siphoning off high-interest awesomes from my principal like some kind of cunning reaction banker

• Options
    Wait I think I'm 33

• Options
    Yeah definitely 33

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

I am 32 and have worked six days a week for at least the past like, six years.

That is extremely upsetting. Is there a path to having 2-day weekends again or no?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    like i'm pretty certain the message wasn't supposed to imply "... and that's a good thing!"

but i can understand some people reading it that way because it was pretty clumsily executed and MLB's audience is extremely old and whitebread

This discussion has been closed.