Options

THE EVIL MULTIFARIOUS COFFEE TABLE BOOK OF [chat]

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    tech nerds plz examine thread in Moe's subforum and reply IF U NO WAT I NEED

a: it is the dev's job to make useful installer packages god dammit

YES I KNOW BUT THIS SOFTWARE IS OLD AF

I'm trying to reduce a 30 page installation manual to a few steps so I can deploy this shit with my imaging tool

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Some of you are being noted in the ledger for insufficient gothitude
    That item of clothing is something that I would enjoy looking at pictures of someone wearing but probably not enjoy in person.

*awaits marks*

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    wait so when i'm filling out these character sheets...i should use pencil right

cuz stats are gonna change

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm eating subway for lunch on purpose. When I don't bring something smart from home this is what I get because I like it. Because there is a variety of things I can buy here that I like the taste of.

subway gets shit on but i mean it's food

like it could be worse

It's pretty great in terms of fast food that doesn't necessarily make you feel guilty as hell afterwards

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I'm eating subway for lunch on purpose. When I don't bring something smart from home this is what I get because I like it. Because there is a variety of things I can buy here that I like the taste of.

omg vari how could you

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Has anyone told you that on a scale from zero to Hitler you are definitely not Hitler, but the needle is trending in that direction...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

like it could be worse

it's not like disgusting or anything, though i do question any place that leaves food out in the open like that all day even if there is a fridge below it

it's just not very good

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I can't not think of "Jared from Subway" and I don't like their food anyway so it's easy for me to not go there

I do like Jimmy Johns, which kinda sucks since their owner is a dick

I like Quizno's, but apparently they barely exist anymore

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

like it could be worse

It's pretty great in terms of fast food that doesn't necessarily make you feel guilty as hell afterwards

agreed

*orders foot long meatball sub with marinara extra sauce and the creamy chipotle sauce and extra cheese*

Arch,
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Burnage wrote: »

like it could be worse

*gets meatball parm*

*drenches in chipotle mayo*

*adds bacon*

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Jesus Brian our orders are dangerously close to each other.

Not good.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    There's a subway, jimmy john's, and firehouse subs all very close to my office. I'd pick subway over the other two because I'm pretty sure their owners are the least racist and republican

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I can't not think of "Jared from Subway" and I don't like their food anyway so it's easy for me to not go there

Quizno's is apparently a crazyass pyramid scheme.

https://np.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/6k4z1y/lets_not_forget_the_commercial_quizno_subs_aired/djk7gx6/?context=3

Former Quizno's manager talks about how they destroy their own franchises for profit.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Also I had my bi-monthly weigh-in today and I am not, like, ecstatic about it

Gotta eat more greens

Instead of anything else

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Has anyone told you that on a scale from zero to Hitler you are definitely not Hitler, but the needle is trending in that direction...

Not like, to my face

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    its kind of weird that i'm just like, bleeding buckets in a very painful way, and yet this is totally normal and everyone accepts this as a part of life

I mean I don't accept it, but I think working as a researcher for big pharma would not be the greatest so I never really aimed to do anything about it, personally

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    tech nerds plz examine thread in Moe's subforum and reply IF U NO WAT I NEED

a: it is the dev's job to make useful installer packages god dammit

YES I KNOW BUT THIS SOFTWARE IS OLD AF

I'm trying to reduce a 30 page installation manual to a few steps so I can deploy this shit with my imaging tool

hahaha

good luck mang

I've tried to do that with some of the shit here and it's like

a hell

Have you picked apart the existing installers to see if it's possible to get at some cmd line switches?

do you know where config info is stored? registry keys that (hopefully) aren't hex blobs? config files?

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I hear we're talking about circumcision and came as quickly as I could.

phrasing

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    maybe I'm dumb, but I assume the lace is entirely decorative, and you wouldn't be lacing it up and off every time..

It is jarring!

Why? It looks cool! Laceups are basically always cool, similarly to zippers.

I dunno, it just is? It drastically reduces the chance that I'd ever wear it, at least :P

But you would look so cool with dyed black hair

• Options
    also what the hell spool, vi??

who hurt you

hint: emacs is shit too

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options

who hurt you

I'm 80% sure emacs is a cult

• Options

who hurt you

people give me grief for it but nano is perfectly user-friendly and fast for my terminal text and code editing needs

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Hrm.

y is not z because of x
    vs
    because of x, y is not z
    vs even, perhaps
    y is not z, because of x

Somebody give me some terms for what's going on here. I feel like "because of x" is something different in the latter two.

this is a pretty thorny issue of syntax and is apparently often referred to as the "semantic scope of negation"

http://www.ijsrp.org/research-paper-0915/ijsrp-p4528.pdf

there are also philosophical implications, or philosophical + linguistic ones, e.g. https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/negation/

negation is actually kind of a complicated problem in English that causes a lot of issues even with plenty of context
    I meant, like, is "because of x" an insufficient participating conditional clause in the first one and a necessary prerequisitional conjunctive garbulator in the last two, but this is cool too.

"Because of" is prepositional. "Because of X" is a prepositional phrase modifying the clause connected to it within the sentence (in this case "Y is not Z"). The use of a comma to set off a terminal prepositional phrase is not strictly accepted in many prescriptive cases (i.e. they would say "Y is not Z, because of X" is incorrect comma use) but descriptively, that comma has a legitimate and real effect. Offhand I think it's most directly comparable to restrictive vs. non-restrictive clauses (e.g. "the house that's on the hill is haunted" vs "the house, which is on the hill, is haunted") but I'd have to look it up in more detail, and I will do that

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

Quizno's is apparently a crazyass pyramid scheme.

https://np.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/6k4z1y/lets_not_forget_the_commercial_quizno_subs_aired/djk7gx6/?context=3

Former Quizno's manager talks about how they destroy their own franchises for profit.

tha fuck

• Options
    ok i have printed my character sheets

and i am making a dwarf barbarian

what is uh

what do i do first

i need to roll dice

geth, roll me some dice

Arch,
  • Options

phrasing

or intentional?

• Options

who hurt you

people give me grief for it but nano is perfectly user-friendly and fast for my terminal text and code editing needs

I preferentially use nano as well for terminal-based editing

nano bros :bro:

• Options
    In this day and age of Notepad++ and whatnot is a terminal text editor thats super advanced really necessary?

• Options

Not good.

synd that was a joke post

Arch,
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

phrasing

or intentional?

if you can do that intentionally I'm impressed

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Bitcoin is crashing yay

• Options
    so i need to roll 4d6 6 times and have geth add up the highest 3 values from each 4d6

whats the code for that

Arch,
  • Options

who hurt you

it is

I'm of the opinion that if nano is insufficient for whatever editing you need to be doing on this system you're term'd into, you shouldn't be doing that editing live while term'd into the system

copy the file, open it in a real editor/IDE/whatever, verify your changes, then upload it

• Options
    In this day and age of Notepad++ and whatnot is a terminal text editor thats super advanced really necessary?

if your day starts with ssh -i <pemfile> url.site.com and you need to do some shit in there, notepad++/bbcode/Atom isn't going to help you

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    KP why are you working so many six-day weeks? I feel like that isn't okay at all, unless they're short days (and even then...)

R E T A I L

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Bitcoin is crashing yay

BUY BUY BUY

• Options
    hm and I guess I need to come up with a character for a fate core planescape game, ie literally anyone or anything

too bad my husband is post-call today because I need to have a really long character creation discussion and also ascertain he can actually play in this game

maybe I will text with boston roommate instead

• Options

Not good.

synd that was a joke post

Yes.

A joke.

Ha ha.

So was mine.

Funny, right?

SW-4158-3990-6116
This discussion has been closed.