Options

THE EVIL MULTIFARIOUS COFFEE TABLE BOOK OF [chat]

145791095

Posts

  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    There sure are a lot of people making claims about commas before "because" on the internet who are only half right or completely wrong, hm

  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so i need to roll 4d6 6 times and have geth add up the highest 3 values from each 4d6

    whats the code for that

    4d6k3 (k for keep)

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Geth roll 4d6k3

    4d6k3 14 [4d6k3=[5, 5, 4], 2]

    Sleep on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    There sure are a lot of people making claims about commas before "because" on the internet who are only half right or completely wrong, hm

    because internet

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    do i just spam that 6 times in the same box then

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Not bad

  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    In this day and age of Notepad++ and whatnot is a terminal text editor thats super advanced really necessary?

    if your day starts with ssh -i <pemfile> url.site.com and you need to do some shit in there, notepad++/bbcode/Atom isn't going to help you

    Notepad++ has plugins for ssh uploads

    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yes

  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    do i just spam that 6 times in the same box then

    you can yeah

    "geth roll" in front of it

    you can even "for whatever" on the end of it like "for STR"

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    do i just spam that 6 times in the same box then
    Yes, but it will also cause 15 pages of people doing the same thing.

  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    so i need to roll 4d6 6 times and have geth add up the highest 3 values from each 4d6

    whats the code for that
    You say "Fuck you, GM, we are using point buy, because rolling up your stats is dumb and you're a dumb."

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Dwarf Barbarian whose name will be uh, Danny Woodhead

    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3

    4d6k3 13 [4d6k3=[5, 4, 4], 2]
    4d6k3 10 [4d6k3=[5, 3, 2], 1]
    4d6k3 9 [4d6k3=[4, 3, 2], 1]
    4d6k3 13 [4d6k3=[6, 6, 1], 1]
    4d6k3 12 [4d6k3=[6, 5, 1], 1]
    4d6k3 11 [4d6k3=[5, 4, 2], 2]

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    In this day and age of Notepad++ and whatnot is a terminal text editor thats super advanced really necessary?

    if your day starts with ssh -i <pemfile> url.site.com and you need to do some shit in there, notepad++/bbcode/Atom isn't going to help you

    Notepad++ has plugins for ssh uploads

    I mean, you could set up SFTP and whatnot and do it right... but quick and dirty, being there on the command line doing stuff and dropping hot debug lines in there to monitor issues in real time...

    Eh, I like it.

    Any "real" work happens on either my local IDE, with moderate busywork going into a heavily modified Atom install.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for Strength
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for Dexterity
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for Constitution
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for Intelligence
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for Wisdom
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for Charism

    Strength:
    4d6k3 14 [4d6k3=[5, 5, 4], 2]
    Dexterity:
    4d6k3 11 [4d6k3=[6, 4, 1], 1]
    Constitution:
    4d6k3 14 [4d6k3=[6, 5, 3], 1]
    Intelligence:
    4d6k3 11 [4d6k3=[4, 4, 3], 2]
    Wisdom:
    4d6k3 13 [4d6k3=[6, 6, 1], 1]
    Charism:
    4d6k3 8 [4d6k3=[6, 1, 1], 1]

  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    is that good

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Woo hoo fighter

  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So.. uh...

    If I play my cards right I could be getting a significant increase in my pay...

    Don't wanna say more, as to not jinx it.

    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for STR
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for DEX
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for CON
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for INT
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for WIS
    Geth roll 4d6k3 for CHA

    STR:
    4d6k3 16 [4d6k3=[6, 5, 5], 2]
    DEX:
    4d6k3 8 [4d6k3=[3, 3, 2], 1]
    CON:
    4d6k3 14 [4d6k3=[5, 5, 4], 3]
    INT:
    4d6k3 13 [4d6k3=[5, 4, 4], 1]
    WIS:
    4d6k3 10 [4d6k3=[5, 3, 2], 1]
    CHA:
    4d6k3 12 [4d6k3=[6, 4, 2], 1]

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Dwarf Barbarian whose name will be uh, Danny Woodhead

    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3
    Geth roll 4d6k3

    4d6k3 13 [4d6k3=[5, 4, 4], 2]
    4d6k3 10 [4d6k3=[5, 3, 2], 1]
    4d6k3 9 [4d6k3=[4, 3, 2], 1]
    4d6k3 13 [4d6k3=[6, 6, 1], 1]
    4d6k3 12 [4d6k3=[6, 5, 1], 1]
    4d6k3 11 [4d6k3=[5, 4, 2], 2]
    Or you can call him "Mediocre Fred".

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    is that good

    No

    Edit:

    Actually it isn't terrible

    13 strength
    13 dex
    12 con
    9 intelligence
    11 wisdom
    10 charisma

    (Really do whatever you feel for int/cha stats)

    Was it hill or mountain dwarf i believe you said hill

    So in the end:

    13 str
    13 dex
    14 con
    9 int
    12 wis
    10 cha

    With racial mods

    Sleep on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    is that good

    it is extremely average

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I wish you could just say "geth roll me a character" instead of the specific dice rolling prompts.

    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    also what the hell spool, vi??

    who hurt you

    hint: emacs is shit too

    I'm 80% sure emacs is a cult

    emacs is an established church!

  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    maybe I'm dumb, but I assume the lace is entirely decorative, and you wouldn't be lacing it up and off every time..

    It is jarring!

    Why? It looks cool! Laceups are basically always cool, similarly to zippers.

    I dunno, it just is? It drastically reduces the chance that I'd ever wear it, at least :P

    But you would look so cool with dyed black hair

    Hmm

    True

  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    there was an This American Life episode about, I think, a Quizno's where the franchise owners abandon the store, and like, a couple employees keep showing up. It was interesting.

  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    im gonna write down that one of those 13's was a 15

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    also what the hell spool, vi??

    who hurt you

    hint: emacs is shit too

    I'm 80% sure emacs is a cult

    emacs is an established church!

    so is scientology what's your point spool

  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'll always prefer assigning stats over rolling.

  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Bitcoin is crashing yay

    I heard the sound of a million neckbeards crying out then silence

  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    also what the hell spool, vi??

    who hurt you

    hint: emacs is shit too

    people give me grief for it but nano is perfectly user-friendly and fast for my terminal text and code editing needs

    I'm giving you grief for it right now

  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I'll always prefer assigning stats over rolling.

    wheres the fun in that man

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    "Bitcoin has tumbled this morning down to $3600"

    wtf

  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I'll always prefer assigning stats over rolling.

    wheres the fun in that man

    A viable character

  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I call Quiznos burnt hair sandwich factory because that's what they make there.

  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    also what the hell spool, vi??

    who hurt you

    hint: emacs is shit too

    it's fast, it's sensible, and it doesn't require 3 hands to perform a function.

  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Bitcoin is crashing yay
    Are you happy because this is your chance to buy in before it ~really~ goes to the moon.

  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Bitcoin is crashing yay

    I heard the sound of a million neckbeards crying out then silence

    still over 3500 USD a coin.

    Shit will stabilize, then rise, then crash, then stabilize on a loop so long as the blockchain calculation energy costs stay below the threshold where it is still economical for use in illegal transactions.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    ok what stuff is most important for barbarians

    str first right

    but then const or dexterity?

    i was planning on putting my lowest point total in int or charisma

    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

    Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Quid wrote: »
    I'll always prefer assigning stats over rolling.

    Me too, but my students usually complain that stats are hard.

This discussion has been closed.