As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] DOUBLE DRAGON HYPE

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Nyht wrote: »

Was hoping for Omnic Varian but this is not unreasonable.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Eh it's a little hard to get behind. I always assumed he was Charge'n, not Russian.

<walks out>

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Eh it's a little hard to get behind. I always assumed he was Charge'n, not Russian.

<walks out>

Victory Russian, obviously.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I do like the theory that the omnic skin is going to be release skin of whatever hero is next (firebat).

I wish i liked playing varian because those pink laser swords are pretty rad.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    why does nerubian zagara (crypt queen) have a human like face?

Well because the skin designers obviously were trying for a thematic coherent-
    SO YOU WANT TO FUCK HER

/dies laughing

Too accurate.

Right in the cloaca

are you a cloacan or a cloacan't

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Varian skin looks rad!

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    What patch is hgc on this weekend?

Kel'thuzad. It says at the top of the screen if you're watching.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Can't until much later tonight. Was just thinking about it

• Options
    kime wrote: »

I hope his busted self in on full display. God I want some 100-0 combos sooooo bad. I won't be able to watch it either until tonight as well, though, so someone let me know.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj2eOkqoTTk

KT bullshit, surprise Diablo, and Nova DDR FTW. Pretty fun highlights!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

I hope his busted self in on full display. God I want some 100-0 combos sooooo bad. I won't be able to watch it either until tonight as well, though, so someone let me know.

I think Kel'thuzad himself is not actually playable. It's just that patch.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular

New tweet since old one was deleted.

I also caved and bought Varian for 10k gold last night. Played two games for fun against the AI to get a feel of him. I really like the "Fury Warrior" build. I need to try "Arms" and "Prot" still, but I think Varian will become a favorite hero of mine.

• Options
    I hope it's more than just a Varian skin, even though the skin is cool yeah.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Waffen wrote: »

New tweet since old one was deleted.

I also caved and bought Varian for 10k gold last night. Played two games for fun against the AI to get a feel of him. I really like the "Fury Warrior" build. I need to try "Arms" and "Prot" still, but I think Varian will become a favorite hero of mine.

Just do everyone a solid and if you go into QM or HL or whatever and you're the only warrior, pick up Prot.

... like ... please?

I love Fury Varian and miss getting to play him (CS is good too) but now that it's queing up and him counting as a warrior where he didn't used to be, it's auto prot all the time (which isn't bad since it's pretty strong anyway).

It would be cool that with his skin if they took another crack at Varian or something. Nothing heavy handed is needed but I know a lot of people get hard tilted by the "Protect" thing. They can't get rid of it without giving him other things, though.

What I would love is for him to pick his specialization at level 1 somehow. Like if you're going PROT Varian, having to wait until 10 to get some health sucks. Now, don't give them say TAUNT or CS (wait for that to unlock at 10) but it would be nice. It wouldn't be easy without it seeming confusing though. And TB Varian would feel weird before hand since his entire lvl 10 is just "Attack fast!" (I actually wish it had an R ability of some sort as well. Feels like he uses his level 10 to become a Sonya/Illidan?)

Just talking out loud I guess since I don't know how that would work, but really if I'm going Prot, I just want the health up front. Having to wait until 10 sucks T_T.

• Options
    Spoilering this but leaks in the spoiler if people really want to know about upcoming stuff;

• Options
    The official reveal is now if anyone wanted to join in, on the Blizzheroes stream.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Looks like
    Ana (coming next), Junkrat, new skins, new map....

Ana described as a "skillshot healer." It'll be an event, with event quests, etc.

New map is "medium-sized" 3 lanes. It has a mech that two people pilot Cho'Gall-style.

It has three control points that sometimes activate. When your team has possession of the point, your percentage ticks up. It stops going up if you leave, and can be contested by enemies.

When you get to 100%, you get the "Protector." First person gets movement, siege, and support abilities (charge, rocket fist which stuns/disables, armor/shield generator). The second person gets damage abilities (energy AoE bomb, gatling gun that follows cursor, laser like a SC2 Colossus.

The points have moving conveyor belts that will move heroes around. It'll also move most things, like Tyrael's sword and Medivh's portals.

I put in details in the spoiler.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    That sounds rad as shit

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    The new map looks SOOOOO FUN!!!

They're saying the conveyor belts don't just affect heroes - Gazlowe's turrets, Tyrael's sword, etc. will be carried by them.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    New map has 2 man mech vehicle and conveyor belts on the control points.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    New map has 2 man mech vehicle and conveyor belts on the control points.

shryke, more like.... slow-...yke....

That didn't work well.

Steam profile
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh god, that new Brawl. Bash'em Smash'Em Robots. Single-lane map that constantly spawns robots for each team.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    New 1-lane brawl coming where the new 2-man mechs spawn so people can learn how to use the things in a lower stress environment.

• Options
    DJySqIRXoAAufVb.jpg

woop woop Deathwing D.Va skin!!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Smexy.

TmUesOkl.jpg

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    DJySqIRXoAAufVb.jpg

woop woop Deathwing D.Va skin!!!

Can't be an accident after everyone assumed DVA was going to be Deathwing, right?

• Options
    https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/2966/junkrat-and-ana-join-heroes-of-the-storm-along-with-a-new-battleground

Article about the new stuff, more pics of skins and shit.

These quotes are interesting:
    “Ana will not be the last healer you will see in years. Going forward, we want to be much more conscious about how many healers and how many true-solo tanks we are releasing this year. It is something we haven't been doing the best on, but we are on course to do much better. Ana is just the latest result of that.”
    " Some of our healers have what we call white healing. It’s healing, but not always impactful. Someone like Lucio always has tons of healing because it’s passive and always happening. It's like Gul'dan and Lunara always having tons of damage because of their periodic effects, we call that white damage as well-- it’s all Inflated numbers.

Ana doesn’t have white healing. Each heal will have to be for a reason."

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I really want that DVa skin.

Steam profile
  • Options
    That trailer soundtrack might be the opposite of the music I associate with Overwatch

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Demon Junkrat skin's not... awful, I guess.

4wRraB2.jpg

Depends on what that is tied up to his wheel, perhaps. Then again, most of his Overwatch legendaries are pretty crappy too.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/2966/junkrat-and-ana-join-heroes-of-the-storm-along-with-a-new-battleground

Article about the new stuff, more pics of skins and shit.

These quotes are interesting:
    “Ana will not be the last healer you will see in years. Going forward, we want to be much more conscious about how many healers and how many true-solo tanks we are releasing this year. It is something we haven't been doing the best on, but we are on course to do much better. Ana is just the latest result of that.”
    " Some of our healers have what we call white healing. It’s healing, but not always impactful. Someone like Lucio always has tons of healing because it’s passive and always happening. It's like Gul'dan and Lunara always having tons of damage because of their periodic effects, we call that white damage as well-- it’s all Inflated numbers.

Ana doesn’t have white healing. Each heal will have to be for a reason."

I like both of those quotes so much I want to take them out to dinner, but not like a dump, someplace nice, with dim lights and music.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Options
    celestial raptor and invisible horse also insta-top tier.

will be interesting to have 2 overwatch heroes that don't have crazygonuts mobility. hopefully junkrat actually has mana limitations or we're all going to get spammed to pieces. ana's kit will be interesting, mostly curious about the ults.

d.va colored mecha dehaka is real good too, i bought the blue one already though :(

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

will be interesting to have 2 overwatch heroes that don't have crazygonuts mobility. hopefully junkrat actually has mana limitations or we're all going to get spammed to pieces. ana's kit will be interesting, mostly curious about the ults.

d.va colored mecha dehaka is real good too, i bought the blue one already though :(

Junkrat gonna have a bunch of mobility I expect.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    shryke wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

Junkrat gonna have a bunch of mobility I expect.

They already show him in the teaser vid mine-jumping over terrain. (1:05)

E:
    Also, can I say that I'm amused by how Auriel's just kind of there in the promo image and the skin flashover. "Hi, I, uh... have an omnic skin, I guess? Am I part of this? Apparently I am."

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm really excited about Ana for some reason. I didn't play her in OW but a skillshot healer is a nice idea, especially given my friends already seem to have trouble hitting the right target with Malf on occasion.

Also it took like five rewinds for me to even realize that was Auriel in that last bit.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    the map looks neat too. though if you said "of warcraft, starcraft, diablo, and as of yet unreleased overwatch, which will be the last to get a map made for it" back when hots was in alpha i would not have said warcraft.

alterac valley map plz.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    i mean i'll see what the kit is but i suspect junkrat's mobility will be very, very limited

liEt3nH.png