Options

It's a Dog Eat Dog World Out There, Literally! [Tooth and Tail]

2»

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    As regards microing I think appropriately selecting your troop types and then targeting critical targets will be critical to micro effectively since on their own the AI isn't terrible but often misprioritizes. It's a challenge to be sure. As for connection I don't know, I admit I play offline as much as I do online and I usually go for the unranked stuff so I don't know if that affects the experience and to what degree.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I haven't noticed issues prior to this so I wasn't sure if the connection issues we're me or not. However I was watching a stream the and they appeared to be almost turning into the same issue. Not exactly a scientific sample, but we'll see if it continues.

Re: micro - i am not sure what I am doing wrong. Usually this comes up with fighting ferrets. I have a hard time getting things to focus them or disengage.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Well holding the retreat/attack button should get them to disengage. Maybe it is a connection thing, if they're not responding?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Well holding the retreat/attack button should get them to disengage. Maybe it is a connection thing, if they're not responding?

They do retreat sometimes, but not consistently. I'll have to just play more and see.

Unrelated I just hit chapter 3 of the campaign. Going faster than I thought. Is there a lot left?
    Just started the ksr. Presumably next is the civilized but I would assume it loops back to the longcoats and commonfolk eventually.

• Options
    Hmm well, if you're holding the rally button they should break off and move regardless.

As for the campaign
    It ends with the civilized section

• Options
    That seems pretty short. It felt like it was maybe a handful of missions on each chapter. Then against having not finished my opinion may change at the end

• Options
    i'm still way low on the ladder (just got promoted to militant...whatever level that is), but i am surprised at how effective tier 1 is. rarely will tier 3 come into play and most games seem to come down to whoever is able to control the first expansion. as a result some games are over before they start due to the map layout. i know that isn't the case as i see in streams there are much larger armies comprised of lots of tier 3. however down at my level it is much more contingent on whether early pressure can be applied/defended.

that being said i did just have a game where my opponent apparently had no interest in scouting for my expansion or pushing. instead they opted to put a bunch of bunkers and balloons outside my base. little did they know i had an expo up and just eventually got 3 x matriark going. then after i busted a hole in the contain, i ran their bases over with puked up mice. once he discovered my expo he waved the white flag