Options

Thank[Steam] Thread: Autumn Sale until November 28th!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Air... getting... thin...

kmkLZLF.png

Big thanks, @Fanda for Oxygen Not Included! Folks in the other Steam thread were playing this a while back, and telling horror stories about things like failing to caulk the shower and contaminating the station water supply. Sounds fun!!

<3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Mr.WangtangMr.Wangtang Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I have a spare Rise of the Tomb Raider steam key, first come first served.

edit: Now taken.

Mr.Wangtang on
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I turn 40 in January. Check yer privilege!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERCzN91JicA

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Are we sawing our legs off and counting the rings now?

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    It's the only way to be sure.

• Options
    The Incomparable @HiT BiT saw fit to brighten my inbox with a code:

lVh5yoW.png

Thanks so much for Monster Slayers! I do quite like deckbuilding in games, and folks seem to like this application of it. I'm looking forward to taking it for a shuffle!

Much appreciated! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @KoopahTroopah

Wow so I didn't quite take your advice about support for older joypads but I did get this advice I never knew.
    Use Steam's Big Picture Mode to change your d-input controller into an Xinput controller. You can use arcade sticks (I have a PS3 stick), old controllers, almost anything. Go to BPM > Options > Controller Settings > Enable Generic Gamepad Support (You can also do this from the regular Steam Desktop Client). Then you can either navigate to the game and go to Manage Controller > Controller Config, or right click the game in your library and choose "Edit Steam Controller Config". You can change any button as you see fit.

I do not know when this was implemented but if anyone else out there like me has an out of date controller with this it looks like you no longer need to use any silly third party devices to get your controller to work. It was a breeze to setup and now everything is working flawlessly.

bravo steam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »

That sounds pretty great.

signature.png

Just a few hours left - Get in on this!!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Air... getting... thin...

Big thanks, @Fanda for Oxygen Not Included! Folks in the other Steam thread were playing this a while back, and telling horror stories about things like failing to caulk the shower and contaminating the station water supply. Sounds fun!!

<3
    FYI there is a new update dropping on the 5th of October.

Also we have a dedicated thread. people post in it sometimes. :biggrin:

Bedlam on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    @KoopahTroopah

Wow so I didn't quite take your advice about support for older joypads but I did get this advice I never knew.
    Use Steam's Big Picture Mode to change your d-input controller into an Xinput controller. You can use arcade sticks (I have a PS3 stick), old controllers, almost anything. Go to BPM > Options > Controller Settings > Enable Generic Gamepad Support (You can also do this from the regular Steam Desktop Client). Then you can either navigate to the game and go to Manage Controller > Controller Config, or right click the game in your library and choose "Edit Steam Controller Config". You can change any button as you see fit.

I do not know when this was implemented but if anyone else out there like me has an out of date controller with this it looks like you no longer need to use any silly third party devices to get your controller to work. It was a breeze to setup and now everything is working flawlessly.

bravo steam.

It seems odd to me that that feature (or, indeed, any feature) should be walled off behind BPM. It just makes it harder to find. Still, at least it's there!

Glad you had a good result with it too. Might it be an OP-worthy tip?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Hey so this Mass Effect game seems pretty good.
    I totally had a "oh right, that's where the Geth from the forum came from" moment.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I totally had a "oh right, that's where the Geth from the forum came from" moment.

Despite its flaws, I think it might be my favorite entry in the Mass Effect series. Storywise, at least. Not that I didn't enjoy the second and third games, but there was something special about basking in that series's lore for the first time.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    ME1 - 15 times
    ME2 - 4 times
    ME3 - 2.2 times

There is no question which game had the better story. Too bad that to get the better gameplay you have to suffer through the rest of 'My First Epic Adventure'.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    @DasUberEdward Nice! That's good news. Enjoy dying endlessly to huge dancing flowers, blimps on unicycles, and various candy machines. :biggrin:

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Yeah the combat feels pretty wonky so far, but not so bad that it'll drive me away from all the neat story stuff like Bastion did.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    So, I've been trying to download Total War: Warhammer 2 today, but have been having trouble with Steam starting/stopping the download constantly. Searching online it seems to be a common problem, BUT by pausing download, launching Big Picture Mode and resuming it has been going full speed with no stops. Guessing it's some weird Steam issue

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Cantido wrote: »

That sounds pretty great.

signature.png

Just a few hours left - Get in on this!!

@HiT BiT wins!! :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Yep.
    hd6gyjs66zd6.jpg

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    So far, Risen 2 seems pretty good. Its got its own issues different from the first game but I'm seeing a lot of changes that I like.

They went full on pirate themed world. Traded in bows, potions and magic for guns, rum and voodoo.

I guess you could say combat might be worse but I think its more of a different kind of bad this time?

Anyway, I got a shotgun and a manly eye patch so I'm much happier this time around already.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Despite its flaws, I think it might be my favorite entry in the Mass Effect series. Storywise, at least. Not that I didn't enjoy the second and third games, but there was something special about basking in that series's lore for the first time.

Also, the best speech the player gets to give.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Completed: Necrosphere

Review: an ingenious two-button metroidvania platformer. The mechanics and exploration of extra abilities are neat, and there's not quite enough of it for me to get worn out, but it was a close thing. It's fairly difficult (if you're creaky and old and your reflexes are going like mine are), but not so difficult I didn't beat it, I guess.

Final time (for me): 3h32 minutes, 1543 deaths. Yes, you die a _lot_, but the respawn points are very frequent and the amount of time you spend redoing the same bit of level is never more than a few seconds, so it didn't feel too bad -- I didn't ever end up needing to ragequit, I just felt like I needed to take a break and come back fresh later, and usually managed to get past the bit I was stuck on straight away.

(alternatively, watch this guy finish it in 15:55 minutes with no deaths and see how it's meant to be played.. Another review here)

• Options
    Mr.WangtangMr.Wangtang Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    NBA2k17 key up for grabs, sportsball is not my thing. Again, first to ask gets it until I can work out how the giveaway thing works.

edit: Now claimed.

Mr.Wangtang on
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Thank you very much @iolo for Hob! <3
    6auxnxv.jpg
    I loved the two Torchlight games and I can't wait to see what the Runic guys made here with this beautiful puzzle platformer.

• Options
    Holy shit, the Mako is awesome. This is probably the best vehicle section I've played in a non-dedicated-driving game. The mounted guns even feel good to use! Mounted guns never feel good!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Im playing Total War: Warhammer II now. It definitely has "just one more turn..." syndrome, so I love it.

Currently getting my ass Kicked as Dark Elves, because I have little experience with Total War series and I hate loses, so I restarted my campaign three times now, but at least each time Im getting better at it.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Total Annihilation is now 20 years old!

I used to play the shit out of this game as a kid.

Two robot factions warring battling across the stars, ravaging other planets.

As a Transformers fan, this game appealed to me greatly.

Plus it had a story mode from both factions, which blew my little mind at the time.

I really should do another playthrough one day.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298030/Total_Annihilation/

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Holy shit, the Mako is awesome. This is probably the best vehicle section I've played in a non-dedicated-driving game. The mounted guns even feel good to use! Mounted guns never feel good!

Have you...visited a random planet yet?

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular

The escape, if you like that you'll love the vehicles of the original halo's. Don't let folks piss on your parade, a vehicle in a non-driving game should just go where you point it. Try RAGE too if you get a chance. Not the greatest game and it ends like it begins, with not a damn thing happening, but zooom zoom those vehicles.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    The Mako was fine really but the random planets did make some mistakes by adding ridiculous terrain.

Also have this Mako gif.

Isorn on
  • Options
    'Some'.

How...quaint.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Total Annihilation is now 20 years old!

I used to play the shit out of this game as a kid.

Two robot factions warring battling across the stars, ravaging other planets.

As a Transformers fan, this game appealed to me greatly.

Plus it had a story mode from both factions, which blew my little mind at the time.

I really should do another playthrough one day.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298030/Total_Annihilation/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mZZiI4ShQ

This was my goddamn jam. Watching planes do something other than just hover in place and fire was fucking awesome.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I don't know what I did to warrant this level of class but this will definitely alleviate my Steam paralysis from last night :)

Zc5kXSX.png

Thank you very much, @EriktheVikingGamer! I can't believe how beautiful this game looks :)

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    emutheelfemutheelf Dr. Wankenstein Registered User regular
    I also got blindsided with a Cup(head) o' Class by @EriktheVikingGamer (didn't get a screenshot, sorry). Thanks so much it looks like an amazing game. If anything can tear me away from Divinity Original Sin 2 it will be this.

Current Game Rotation: Life is Strange, Super Mario Odyssey, Spelunky
  • Options

I haven't! Very excited to be disappointed.

Also Halo was one of the games I was specifically thinking of in my surprise that vehicles hand well in ME.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    The Mako is awesome and I will fight about this. :twisted:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    The Mako was fine really but the random planets did make some mistakes by adding ridiculous terrain.

Also have this Mako gif.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iky9ubskNMU

Have the video!

• Options
    ScratchyScratchy Registered User regular

You have my claws

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

The Mako is okay. A shuttle would have been better.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Isorn wrote: »

Also have this Mako gif.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iky9ubskNMU

Have the video!

I have no idea what the Mako is, but I thought for a second that video was a remake of Moon Patrol.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

The Mako is okay. A shuttle would have been better.

The Hammerhead was, fragility aside, fantastic.

Thank god they never used it because then it probably would have sucked.

The Mako itself is okay. The implementation was bollocks.