As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Thank[Steam] Thread: Autumn Sale until November 28th!

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Awww, I'd forgotten that you can't just store (some) games in your inventory anymore. Buying and holding onto an Orange Box or two as a 'welcome to Steam' gift for friends was a bit of a tradition, and now it won't let me.

Oh well, I'll just gift it to someone on my Friend's list that... nope, apparently I can't do that either due to regional pricing differences or something.

Man, Steam, you used to be cool. Like, I'm sure Gabe will sleep fine on his moneybed without my two bucks, but i was just gonna throw cash at them for a handful of packs I don't even need, and now I guess I can't...

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Don't worry now you can just send money to people now.

That's right, we're doing digital steam gift cards now.

I imagine it's not nearly as satisfying though.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Oh I dunno. It's pretty darn satisfying. :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Holy crap, kiddo burnt through $100 in just a few minutes! He made it count though.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Holy crap, kiddo burnt through $100 in just a few minutes! He made it count though.

"Here's 100 bucks, don't spend it all in one place!" :mrgreen:

So what goodies did he get? (if that's ok to ask)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Well, I beat Consortium.......if one could call it a game in the traditional sense. It felt.....mostly like a walking simulator to me. It is definitely rough around the edges. Anyway, another one off the backlog.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular

Yes, but you probably take some sort of entertainment value from me beating my head against that damn message, so I'm not sure your opinion is good.

I've had to resort to keys, like some sort of animal.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »

Yes, but you probably take some sort of entertainment value from me beating my head against that damn message, so I'm not sure your opinion is good.

It is funny though. It's like watching someone walk into a glass door because they thought it was open.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »

Keys are always a safe bet. Good thing that Humble is also having their Fall Sale: https://www.humblebundle.com/store

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    xYB4LOo.png

Thanks @Pixelated Pixie , should have guessed. =P

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Brutal Doom is like putting spinners, vinyl wrap, and underbody neon on a classic muscle car.

I played Brutal Doom a couple of years ago and found it pretty entertaining, but never had any desire to go back to it. Meanwhile, I go back to vanilla every so often because the game is timeless, and BD just feels like a real schlocky extravagance that's fun exactly once.

I guess it doesn't help its creator is a massive tool as well. Like, banned from most major Doom forums and wanted to use pictures of actual gore kind of tool.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    It continues.
    LjRxLL1.png
    zkGReIO.png

This just confirms my belief of gift deities and proxy agents. Thanks @destroyah87 :P

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Brutal Doom is like putting spinners, vinyl wrap, and underbody neon on a classic muscle car.

Eh probably. The thing I was more excited about is that someone recreated Doom 64 for PC.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I have no idea what @Raiden333 is talking about.
    jqi540u9w5rb.jpg
    But thank you for Perception!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    THE “THE WORLD IS GRIM ENOUGH LETS JUST ALL GET ALONG” AWARD: Fly'n (seriously, this is like the epitome of this award)
    Choices Matter: Oxenfree
    Consumes me: Civ VI
    Mom's Spaghetti: Hexcells Infinite
    No Apologies: Bioshock Infinite
    Cry Havok: Hitman
    Suspension of Disbelief: Bulletstorm
    Soul of Vitruvius: Tales from the Borderlands
    Defies Description: Superhot
    Labor of Love: Truthfully, I've got no idea. I put AoE: II because that just got an expansion, right?
    Woah, dude: Circa Infinity and it's not even close.
    Even better than I expected: Breath of the Wild. Shit. Uh....I don't buy games at release, really, so this doesn't apply to me anymore? Squarecells!
    Jumping on the "The “Better Than The Remake” Award" train because I think that's hilarious.

For people wondering about my Woah Dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dUCVWlqWTc

Technically Circle Infinity which is another game contained inside it, but you get the idea.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Ok looks like I've got 16 entries. Which is a lot more than when I usually do these.
    So let's go ahead and do three winners.
    Here's the entries list.
    1. shdwcaster
    2. Florin
    3. MNC Dover
    4. mildlymorbid
    5. davidsdurions
    6. Ghlinn
    7. HyphyKezzy
    8. an_alt
    9. Jazz
    10. bloodatonement
    11. dresdenphile
    12. Stabbity Style
    13. Ianator
    14. Madican
    15. Sumanai
    16. Pixelated Pixie
    Next up Geth will pick me some winners.

• Options
    Geth roll 3d16

3d16 17 [3d16=6, 8, 3]

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Congrats to @MNC Dover @Ghlinn and @an_alt
    Pretty sure I have all three of you on Steam already. Give me a little bit to send your winnings along. Not sure if region stuff will be an issue.
    And thanks to everyone for all the photos. It was fun. Hope everyone is having a good time, holiday or not.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's not that much cheaper than the steam price of $15, but

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    If you don't already have Doom, you really should. You owe it to yourself. Rip and tear.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Bought a steamlink+$20AUD steam card for a total $29AUD.

A very good deal, but unfortunately I'm not getting good results so far.

At the moment streaming a game to the TV in the living room is completely unplayable due to the lag.

I tried Transistor and at first it seemed like my 360 controller was a little late in responding to commands. Then during a cut scene the picture and sound froze and ended up not seeing anything until the next level. It kept doing this during a boss fight too making it completely unplayable.

Not sure whether this is a problem with my router or not. I've tried setting the steaming quality to fast but got no improvements.

I'll have to research this more.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Pretty sure I have all three of you on Steam already. Give me a little bit to send your winnings along. Not sure if region stuff will be an issue.
    And thanks to everyone for all the photos. It was fun. Hope everyone is having a good time, holiday or not.

I'm pretty sure I specified that I was a non-eligible entry. Besides, it was a vegetarian lunch picture and a non-American Thanksgiving. It may still be considered a religious holiday by football fans, but you should probably roll for another entrant.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I specified that I was a non-eligible entry. Besides, it was a vegetarian lunch picture and a non-American Thanksgiving. It may still be considered a religious holiday by football fans, but you should probably roll for another entrant.

I sent a picture of toast, so I probably shouldn't win if there is a re-roll :ar:

• Options
    I included a note about the request for non-entry in your gift message.
    I'll let you do what you want with it.
    Sent them all, but not sure if they've actually been sent on by Steam. Figure I'll give it a while.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Holy crap, thanks @akajaybay! I picked up 6 games off my wishlist. Happy turkey day!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Not quite Steam related, but it occurred in Steam G&T chat, so whatever. Thanks @Big Classy for Bloodborne Complete Edition for PS4! Can't wait to play it when my PS4 gets here! Half the reason I got one was for this game, can't wait to dive in <3

Thanks again!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Not quite Steam related, but it occurred in Steam G&T chat, so whatever. Thanks @Big Classy for Bloodborne Complete Edition for PS4! Can't wait to play it when my PS4 gets here! Half the reason I got one was for this game, can't wait to dive in <3

Thanks again!

...What was the other half?

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

Thanks again!

...What was the other half?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    THE “THE WORLD IS GRIM ENOUGH LETS JUST ALL GET ALONG” AWARD: Fly'n (seriously, this is like the epitome of this award)
    Choices Matter: Oxenfree
    Consumes me: Civ VI
    Mom's Spaghetti: Hexcells Infinite
    No Apologies: Bioshock Infinite
    Cry Havok: Hitman
    Suspension of Disbelief: Bulletstorm
    Soul of Vitruvius: Tales from the Borderlands
    Defies Description: Superhot
    Labor of Love: Truthfully, I've got no idea. I put AoE: II because that just got an expansion, right?
    Woah, dude: Circa Infinity and it's not even close.
    Even better than I expected: Breath of the Wild. Shit. Uh....I don't buy games at release, really, so this doesn't apply to me anymore? Squarecells!
    Jumping on the "The “Better Than The Remake” Award" train because I think that's hilarious.

For people wondering about my Woah Dude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dUCVWlqWTc

Technically Circle Infinity which is another game contained inside it, but you get the idea.

Watched 3 minutes and I'm like, my mind is blown

30 seconds later MY MIND IS LITERALLY BLOWN

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    Wow that's really generous @akajaybay , thanks a lot. Not sure if my poor ham and turkey sandwich was worth that. Also what am I watching with that Circa Infinity video, it's making my head hurt worse then zachtronics games do.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Thanks again!

Oh man, you're in for a treat. Did you get a PS4 Pro? Because Bloodborne benefits a lot from Boost mode.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    an_alt wrote: »

I sent a picture of toast, so I probably shouldn't win if there is a re-roll :ar:

Games are fun.

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Woot! Got steam link to work somehow. I think setting in home streaming to 720p must have done it.

Either that or unplugging and replugging the power adapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2F1rFmyQmY

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So there's a Steam Awards thing and I decided to nominate some things because I know what's good for people. I avoided nominating things twice so some choices I had to make a long argument for.

The “The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” Award: Stardew Valley
    Yeah okay it has 'combat' but y'know what? You're not there for the combat, you're there to mine and get back to growing plants and raising animals and making friends in town. Bonus points for standing up to corporate capitalism with the power of said friendship.

The “Choices Matter” Award: Civilization 6
    This is America, we only use roman numerals for the Super Bowl. Anyway, I put this here because my (relatively 'brief') time with game showed me the devs got a better handle of how to allow strategies to win, compared to 5. Though I'm no expert on the series since these two and FreeCiv are the only ones I've played.

The “Haunts My Dreams” Award: Darkest Dungeon
    It's only a coincidence that a dark themed game would consume my thoughts when I'm not playing it. Even when I go on break from the game I think back about what I will do differently next time I play it. The fear of failure is fucking real here.

The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award: Hollow Knight
    This game does not give you many passes on just face rolling your controls to success. You either execute a boss pattern right or you're done. And when you play it like I did, just throwing your body at situations over and over, eventually you tense up and can create diamonds from your butt.

The “No Apologies” Award: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
    Shantae is goddamn amazing and I can't wait for the upcoming DLC to play as Bolo.

The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award: Fallout 4
    Okay, so I was hesitant to give Fallout 4 any award nomination because I know how people feel about Bethesda games... but people can be stupidly dramatic sometimes, which is why I nominated this game here. The description is based on a game's potential. And for me, FO4 isn't just about the potential it brought, it's about Bethesda's future potential in development. There's a lot of touches FO4 made to their action RPG formula and presentation that don't get as much credit as they should. I will die on this hill.

The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award: Borderlands 2
    Honestly I had no good nominations here. So I decided on this because hey the game is still fun and it's crazy and silly as shit.

The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award: Undertale
    So I know this category is supposed to (?) be for aesthetic... and I think this still counts. Because the character designs are yay. Also I didn't play enough OMG SERIOUS GRAPHICS games.

The “Defies Description” Award: Nier: Automata
    The description of this category is actually perfect for Nier. I seriously can't describe what makes it good without giving aspects of it away, but seriously, play it. It's my GOTY 2017.

The “Labor of Love” Award: Don't Starve
    This kinda goes back to when I beta tested Don't Starve, but Klei does NOT fuck around as a developer. There are so many details about how Don't Starve works that people probably didn't see the evolution of, and even post release they keep working on the game. They put so much effort into curbing path-of-least-resistance gameplay shenanigans and that is admirable as fuck.

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award: Oxenfree
    This game's writing and voice acting is tremendous. I haven't seen Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas in like a couple decades, and no I haven't read the book, so I forget if the comparison lines up 1:1. But screw that. This game.

The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award: The Mummy Demastered
    I got this game recommended by a Lets Play episode I saw, and it actually did turn out to be better than I expected. Unironically. It's actually a legit game, even for an officially licensed movie tie-in. I was impressed.

Annnnnnnnd the Write-In Category: Sonic Mania
    The “Star Wars Got Better Out Of George Lucas' Hands” Award
    I'm going to scream if I have to explain this. I'm going to bury the explanation behind another spoiler tag and hope some of you don't even have to bother reading it.
    Look. Sega's 3D shit with Sonic games may have some silly diehards hooked, but people like me who grew up with the series can see the shit for what it is. In comes the many devs that worked on Sonic Mania, and suddenly we have a good Sonic game again. It's similar to Star Wars. Yeah, Lucas gets credit for starting it. Then with Empire he went hands-off, which made it EXPLODE in popularity, he came back and got mixed feelings. Then there were the re-releases and the prequel and oh god. Then what happened? He sold it off, and now the movies are good again. So it is with Sega and Sonic. Sega doesn't know what to do with the property they created.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    There's a lot of games on sale I would like, but I've been honest with myself.

I bought Black Flag and that's really the only new game I need right now.

I mean, the real Steam Sale is just around the corner.

• Options
    I included a note about the request for non-entry in your gift message.
    I'll let you do what you want with it.
    Sent them all, but not sure if they've actually been sent on by Steam. Figure I'll give it a while.

I'll admit that I'm pretty drunk. It's also been a really rough last year and a half with IRL stuff. People in my life have been so good to me and I'm so thankful to know them. A very thoughtful and considerate gift from a Steam friend seems a bit too much right now.

Receiving a $63.86 gift card with your comments actually has me tearing up. Part of me wants to hit the decline button. We had our Thanksgiving last month! I'll accept and I'll take your advice.

I normally always post a screenshot with a gift, but this one I'll skip. Thank you so much @akajaybay and thank you for your kind words.

Pony wrote:
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    There's a lot of games on sale I would like, but I've been honest with myself.

I bought Black Flag and that's really the only new game I need right now.

I mean, the real Steam Sale is just around the corner.

I mean, Black Flag is pretty great. You're definitely not wrong here.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    @Harvest and I did it! WE BEAT 20XX!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1209610184

Ive never beaten it before! WOOOOOOOO. Take that.. whoever that last boss was that I can't remember because im still super stressed at winning with 2 lifebars left! WOOOOOOOO.

edit http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110/20XX/ Do you like Megaman X? Do you like randomly generated levels and powerups, along with difficulty increasing as you beat bosses? Do you like online coop and the ability to play as either an X or Zero kind of character? PICK UP 20XX! its soooo good! Amazing! WOO. Seriously go get it.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    That was my second run. I'm probably fucked for all roguelikes forever.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I would enjoy g a l gun if the opposition looked more like Rainbow Mika instead of b.b. Hood.

I'm reasonably certain this is an English sentence, but it contains absolutely no information for me.

Galgun is House of the Dead like rail shooter. Cupid gives you too much love juice and you have to shoot girls with your love gun to keep them away. Rainbow Mika is a ripped female wrestler in Street Fighter, BB hood is a little girl.

The girls you shoot with your love gun in this game look like the latter rather than the former