As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's [Movie] Time!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    CcYVqVO.jpg

Annihilation stars Natalie Portman as a biologist who joins an expedition to a mysterious site known as Area X, while also seeking answers about the disappearance of her husband (Oscar Isaac)
    Cast also includes Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tessa Thompson, and Gina Rodriguez
    Directed and adapted by Alex Garland, his first film since Ex Machina
    Out February 2018

Oscar Isaac better dance again.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The final Blade Runner short prequel, Black Out 2022, directed by Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop) is up on Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/blade-runner-black-out-2022/blade-runner-black-out-2022-blade-runner-black-out-2022-748417

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Oooh is Deakins going to get his Oscar finally

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Leto can be good when he wants to be

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Then the fact that he apparently never wants to be is damning in a different way.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Teen Titans Go gets an animated movie but original Teen Titans show didn't.

There is no justice.

Young Justice is getting their show back in 2018, so, there's some Justice.

Also they're doing a Titans live action TV show.

Live action Titans sounds interesting, though I am a bit apprehensive of how they're going to treat Starfire. If it's like the original show then great. If it's like New 52 then I'm staying far away.

Also because it's a DC live action show it's a toss-up whether it will actually be good or not.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I'd hope Starfire isn't like the cartoon or the New 52 because I don't like either of those versions.

What network is the Titans show going to be on, though? CW?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    What network is the Titans show going to be on, though? CW?

DC's upcoming streaming service

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Then the fact that he apparently never wants to be is damning in a different way.

I don't think it's true either. My criticism of him is that he tries way too hard. Like no one can say he didn't put in the work for his godawful Mark David Chapman or Joker portrayals. The problem isn't that he doesn't try, it's that he makes horrible choices.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Leto was extremely good in that blade runner short, i thought

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think he needs a strong director to reign him the fuck in.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I really hope there’s a 70mm run for 2049, the trailer in front of Dunkirk looked amazing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Well yeah but he's an artiste, what director would want to reign in his brilliance?

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I still think half of his method acting Joker stories were just made up by marketing.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Welp, I'm definitely seeing Blade Runner in the theater.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Well yeah but he's an artiste, what director would want to reign in his brilliance?

A good director can navigate and work with an artiste.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Though this can go very wrong and we get Werner Herzog directing while holding Klaus Kinski under gunpoint.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

Though this can go very wrong and we get Werner Herzog directing while holding Klaus Kinski under gunpoint.

I don't know, Nosferatu is really good

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular

When Jesus enters the temple, you fucking weep; you don't reign in.

• Options
    When I get frustrated with Jared Leto I watch Ed Norton beat the shit out of him in Fight Club.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

I've always considered that an example of something going very right.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I think I'm more exhausted by the discourse around Leto than I am by Leto himself

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Leto was good in Lord of War

it wasn't a big part? But he did a good job and was convincing

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    When I get frustrated with Jared Leto I watch Ed Norton beat the shit out of him in Fight Club.

is....does this come up a lot for you?

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

I've always considered that an example of something going very right.

That one extra who had his finger blown off by Kinski likely agrees.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

is....does this come up a lot for you?

No

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I think I'm more exhausted by the discourse around Leto than I am by Leto himself

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    That Blade Runner 2022 animated short is pretty freaking good.

It also feels like it might be some really important background information that might not actually show up in any way in the actual movie? Which worries me.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'll watch these shorts after I see the film. I've stopped watching anything related to it because I just want to see the movie at this point.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Theoretically there is a lot of unexplained background stuff in the original blade runner. It still works. So far I trust in Villeneuve.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Friends,

The word you all are looking for here is "rein.'' As in, pull the reins in on a horse to get it under control.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

Friends,

The word you all are looking for here is "rein.'' As in, pull the reins in on a horse to get it under control.

Don't reign on their parade Doug

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I'd rather put a scorpion down my peehole than sign up for crunchyroll, so I'll give the animated short a miss for now. The two live shorts were extremely great, though. They're also 5-6 minutes apiece and really feel like tone setting rather than imparting any important plot elements

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    I'd rather put a scorpion down my peehole than sign up for crunchyroll, so I'll give the animated short a miss for now. The two live shorts were extremely great, though. They're also 5-6 minutes apiece and really feel like tone setting rather than imparting any important plot elements

Why don't you do both and get video; I'm sure Crunchyroll would give you a lifetime membership for the rights

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »

No need, it got posted over the trailer thread in d&d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNVPl3NavWM

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I think there's a poetic symmetry in the fact the final Blade Runner short was posted in Flash, a dying format that should no longer be used and has an end-of-life date 3 years from now.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Phil Lord and Chris Miller have gotten their first post Han Solo project, Artemis, adapted from the novel by Andy Weir.
    Artemis, which will be released by Crown Publishing on Nov. 17, is a near-future thriller that follows directionless 20-something, Jazz, chafing at the constraints of her small town, Artemis, which so happens to be the first and only city on the moon. Jazz, a budding smuggler, unwittingly finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy for the control of her home town.

Hell YES

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Phil Lord and Chris Miller have gotten their first post Han Solo project, Artemis, adapted from the novel by Andy Weir.
    Artemis, which will be released by Crown Publishing on Nov. 17, is a near-future thriller that follows directionless 20-something, Jazz, chafing at the constraints of her small town, Artemis, which so happens to be the first and only city on the moon. Jazz, a budding smuggler, unwittingly finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy for the control of her home town.

Hell YES

Isn't there an Artemis Fowl movie in the works? I feel like there's gonna be a lawsuit threatened soon.

This discussion has been closed.