As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] A Veritable Menagerie of Unhappy and/or Majestic Space Animals.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I noticed some changes to Titan from last week; the heroic summoning event now has two knights, one a boomer, the other an axe wielder. The fallen walker event now has a giant shank. Both additions drop an Arcology token.

There's a newish knight ultra who drops a token and is extremely tanky that starts at the Fallen walker area, patrols up the stairs and over to the Hive area. Often meeting up with two yello bar servitors in a room with a wizard for some real mayhem. This is in addition to the knight ultra who already appears as a chest dropper down by the fallen event.

I ran all of Cayde's chests last night, one emblem and a bunch of blue drops, for most of them I'd sit there for a few minutes to space out the chest pickups and not run afoul of the anti farming code. Often moving between the chests (They're all super easy to find) I'd come across 2 or 3 other chests. It's a system designed to fail the enduser.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Xbox clan,

You have a Raid engram waiting at Hawthorne.

Here's to hoping you get something good/new!

Goodness. You Xboxers waste no time.

Honestly its not a long Raid once everyone knows the encounters. I mean the current record for fastest time is like 27 min. It took us almost exactly two hours and we are hardly super efficient at it.

We didn't have to explain the encounter to anyone, so that was a giant cutdown on time. We went through the front door, one-shot one encounter, wiped once each on the other two encounters, and then wiped something like twice on the boss. We also got the chests between each encounter, having to reference online maps, which I think added somewhere around 30 minutes to the runtime. I think once teams get this on farm it can easily be cut down to just over an hour or so and that's including grabbing chests.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    When I goto Titan I usually just jump around the rigs. Is there anything going on inside the Arcology?

there are the zone items spawning in there and some hive running around, but not a whole lot

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    by zone items i mean like the alkane dust thingies

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    Raid loadout talk:
    Can we talk Calus strategy for a sec? Last week, I was on the Away Team/Shadow World Team, and I was using Assault Rifle/Coldheart/Sins of the Past (the raid rocket launcher). For the most part, this loadout worked really well; the AR made short work of Psions and Ghosts, and Coldheart/SotP dealt major boss damage. (If I'm anywhere close to Arteen's numbers, I feel like I've done well. :P)

The problem I was running into was ammunition. Frequently I was out of kinetic ammo by the time we got to the skull-barf phase, and wound up trying to shoot the skulls with Coldheart, which is hardly ideal. Then on the plates phase, I would find myself bone dry by the third plate, giving up half my DPS time.

I'm wondering if a better loadout might be double Auto Rifles, or maybe a Scout Rifle/Auto Rifle combo, and then Merciless in the heavy slot. That would give me enough ammo to deal with Psions and take out more Skulls for a higher damage multiplier, and then Merciless acts as my DPS monster. I know Coldheart puts up serious damage numbers, but if I'm running out of ammo then it's kind of a moot point.

What other loadouts have people used and found successful?
    I use a scout, fast firing auto and a Sniper/Linear Fusion. Scout for psions inside and back up boss dps. Auto for skulls (with rally shield for more up time) and Sniper/Linear Fusion for Calus as Merciless honestly didn't seem that amazing since it couldn't take advantage of the crit spot. It's great for being able to break his shield at will, but not so much for doing damage to him. I have heard about using Coldheart and wouldn't mind trying it but I just don't know what I would give up for it as I feel the scout/AR combo is ideal for the shadow realm section.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Awww yiiih, guess who has two titans and a warlock and just got the sword

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Yeah, so, did NOT realize that Leviathan chest keys disappear on reset. Logged on last night to find out I lost a couple of them. Guess I'm gonna have to learn how to find those chests solo.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    @Nosf the world which hosts the flashpoint gets additional enemies during heroic public events.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    Raid loadout talk:
    Can we talk Calus strategy for a sec? Last week, I was on the Away Team/Shadow World Team, and I was using Assault Rifle/Coldheart/Sins of the Past (the raid rocket launcher). For the most part, this loadout worked really well; the AR made short work of Psions and Ghosts, and Coldheart/SotP dealt major boss damage. (If I'm anywhere close to Arteen's numbers, I feel like I've done well. :P)

The problem I was running into was ammunition. Frequently I was out of kinetic ammo by the time we got to the skull-barf phase, and wound up trying to shoot the skulls with Coldheart, which is hardly ideal. Then on the plates phase, I would find myself bone dry by the third plate, giving up half my DPS time.

I'm wondering if a better loadout might be double Auto Rifles, or maybe a Scout Rifle/Auto Rifle combo, and then Merciless in the heavy slot. That would give me enough ammo to deal with Psions and take out more Skulls for a higher damage multiplier, and then Merciless acts as my DPS monster. I know Coldheart puts up serious damage numbers, but if I'm running out of ammo then it's kind of a moot point.

I'm running AR, Trials Scout (Solar) and Merciless. I'm a Striker Titan on the Punching Symbols side. I feel the ammunition issue strikes everyone. I also feel like ammo brick drops for kinetic/energy are somewhat like juggler? So if you are not using Coldheart in the in-between phases, you might not get kinetic bricks. My loadout gave me a metric ton of damage on Calus and we could always bring down the major incinerators.

Ammo seems to be an issue in general on that fight though. I know when we bring him down in 2 phases, I was empty on everyting for the final shield explosion.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    Yeah, so, did NOT realize that Leviathan chest keys disappear on reset. Logged on last night to find out I lost a couple of them. Guess I'm gonna have to learn how to find those chests solo.

A few of the chests are impossible to get without a small group since you have to kill 4 enemies who are very spread out in a very short time window to open the doors

• Options
    Celian wrote: »
    Raid loadout talk:

I'm running AR, Trials Scout (Solar) and Merciless. I'm a Striker Titan on the Punching Symbols side. I feel the ammunition issue strikes everyone. I also feel like ammo brick drops for kinetic/energy are somewhat like juggler? So if you are not using Coldheart in the in-between phases, you might not get kinetic bricks. My loadout gave me a metric ton of damage on Calus and we could always bring down the major incinerators.

Ammo seems to be an issue in general on that fight though. I know when we bring him down in 2 phases, I was empty on everyting for the final shield explosion.
    How was Merciless performing for you? When we used it on our first go around it seemed like it wasn't doing nearly enough damage and we all switched over to snipers/Linear Fusions etc and started having more successful dps phases. Maybe we just weren't hitting on all cylinders for that go of it but it seemed underwhelming at the time.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Underbelly map.
    7d17fcrjg4yn.png

The times I've been we did the chests after getting a couple keys. Best to do it during, get it done and not risk missing out.

I don't think Merciless has the range for Calus. Linear Fusion will tap him for 32 to 40k per shot though. Coldheart seems really popular, especially if you're good with the control of the beam. Golden Gun / Nighthawk appears to do a hilarious amount of damage, when I go I damage rift on the second platform - near left side, facing Calus.

Ammo is absolutely an issue both times I've been. You're not the first person to suggest there's some form of perma-juggler going on.

Nosf on
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Raid loadout talk:

Yesterday was my first time being on the away team for the entire encounter and ammo issues are much worse for the away team.

When I ran Home team all last week, I felt like ammo wasn't really an issue. I was picking up ammo from the adds, also regularly getting heavy from punching psions and the yellow bar Incindiors. The only remotely non-ammo replacing activity they have to do pre-boss damage is to break his shield, but even then that took like maybe a single clip from my AR.

Away team though? The only ammo comes from pre-teleport adds. Away psions dont really drop any ammo thats easy to pick up. And the home Adds's potential ammo drops don't exist for Away team since they aren't there.
    Its compounded by the fact that Away team has to basically empty an entire reserve worth of ammo to handle the skulls, then immediately burn the boss down with no ammo relief between. Best solution would probably be for the skulls to drop lots of ammo.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Raid loadout talk:

How was Merciless performing for you? When we used it on our first go around it seemed like it wasn't doing nearly enough damage and we all switched over to snipers/Linear Fusions etc and started having more successful dps phases. Maybe we just weren't hitting on all cylinders for that go of it but it seemed underwhelming at the time.
    I was the top damage dealer. Now if that was thanks to Merciless or pulse grenades / scout damage. Basically we started front right and finished front left. I would empty out Merciless at front right rather quickly. Then I'd switch to scout when we were on the back left, and rotate with the AR/Scout. The scout has cocoon so I could do that. Then by the time I got to front left, I would likely have picked up a couple bricks that the dying scions left behind. So I'd finish Merciless up front as well.

All in all it seemed to have worked out amazingly well for me.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Raid loadout talk:

I was the top damage dealer. Now if that was thanks to Merciless or pulse grenades / scout damage. Basically we started front right and finished front left. I would empty out Merciless at front right rather quickly. Then I'd switch to scout when we were on the back left, and rotate with the AR/Scout. The scout has cocoon so I could do that. Then by the time I got to front left, I would likely have picked up a couple bricks that the dying scions left behind. So I'd finish Merciless up front as well.

All in all it seemed to have worked out amazingly well for me.
    I think part of the issue that I have is what Obi mentioned above. I generally go to the shadowrealm so there isn't a plethora of ammo lying around for me to refill my reserves, let alone for heavy of any sort. Basically by the second platform he is getting nothing but scout shots and if I am unlucky, AR shots (since I use the Scout for clearing the psions inside the shadow)

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Raid loadout talk:

I ran auto rifle/pulse/sniper. I used the pulse for psions and projections in the shadow world, auto rifle for skulls.

Then during the burn phases I would snipe from the back plates, switching to the pulse when I was out of heavy. Then use the auto rifle from the close plates.

Ammo was still an issue, particularly after the 2nd burn phase but for the most part it worked pretty well. Though I got the raid rocket launcher so I'm going to be trying that this week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I will echo others in saying that the Nightfall was not enjoyable and instead was a slog. It seemed more a battle of attrition than anything else; certainly poor in comparison to the first Nightfall. Plus, it seemed like people were taking waaaaay more damage (while travelling through the public areas to the next bit of the strike, I lost about 75% health from a Vandal sniper).

Also, I keep looking at everyone else in the 290's-300, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something "wrong" since I sit at around 283 (I could get it higher, but I'm loathed to shard the Exotics); I've done Nightfalls, the raid, Crucible, the event checklist, etc...I thought I'd be ahead of the game tbh (I know it's not a competition*). It can't purely be down to only having one character.

It is

Raid loadout and slight encounter spoilers
    I used the Devil's handcannon as the Kinetic choice, and then swapped the elemental weapon trying to find something I liked. Merciless was the third choice.

And yeah, I did find myself running dry in the Gauntlet and the Final boss. Sometimes the floor would be covered in heavy, and others I'd not see any drop. It did feel like Juggler sometimes in that ammo dropped for the gun that you weren't using and hence didn't need.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    I will echo others in saying that the Nightfall was not enjoyable and instead was a slog. It seemed more a battle of attrition than anything else; certainly poor in comparison to the first Nightfall. Plus, it seemed like people were taking waaaaay more damage (while travelling through the public areas to the next bit of the strike, I lost about 75% health from a Vandal sniper).

So... about that...

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Nosf wrote: »
    Underbelly map.
    7d17fcrjg4yn.png

The times I've been we did the chests after getting a couple keys. Best to do it during, get it done and not risk missing out.

Seriously, thats the cleanest underbelly map that I've ever seen

ObiFett on
  • Options
    APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Half of them require at least a couple other people. The watchers require at least a small group to speed-kill as their treasure doors won't open if you stealth past them.

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Yeah, this week's nightfall can eat an entire bag of dicks. I think the modifiers would be fine on a strike that wasn't horrible to begin with. They just exacerbate all the faults with that strike and make it super frustrating.

Nothing like watching a timer click down when you literally can't damage the boss because he's decided it's hiding time.

Regardless, thanks to "BEAST!" and HexDex to pushing through it with me.

That kill was tight He died with 1 second showing on the failure timer. What a terrible Nightfall, but you dudes made it enjoyable!

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Also, I keep looking at everyone else in the 290's-300, and I'm wondering if I'm doing something "wrong" since I sit at around 283 (I could get it higher, but I'm loathed to shard the Exotics); I've done Nightfalls, the raid, Crucible, the event checklist, etc...I thought I'd be ahead of the game tbh (I know it's not a competition*). It can't purely be down to only having one character.

It is

I used the Devil's handcannon as the Kinetic choice, and then swapped the elemental weapon trying to find something I liked. Merciless was the third choice.

And yeah, I did find myself running dry in the Gauntlet and the Final boss. Sometimes the floor would be covered in heavy, and others I'd not see any drop. It did feel like Juggler sometimes in that ammo dropped for the gun that you weren't using and hence didn't need.

This week's Nightfall is just not fun. I think we tried 3 or 4 times last night and didn't manage to finish it. We could get to the boss with >10 minutes left and still end up timing out because that encounter just sucks in general and becomes truly awful under Nightfall conditions. Every time we died we'd end up respawning in electricity, at the boss' feet. If we actually managed to clear enough redbars to focus on the boss, the boss would smoke-bomb and we'd sit there eating time off the clock shooting more shanks.

This strike would work well with the time mod where you get extra time for kills. The boss fight is all add-spawns and occasionally plinking down the boss. If you could just hang in killing adds then the fact that the boss arbitrarily drags out the encounter length by disappearing for random amounts of time wouldn't be as bad.

And I guess Nightfalls without Prism are just going to suck in general. I tagged a redbar vandal with a fusion grenade and he didn't die. That is too much health on a redbar enemy. The arc exploder shanks required sinking about a clip and a half into each to explode them. I guess ridiculous enemy HP is either a bonus modifier from Attrition or else it was just not as obvious when we were getting burn bonuses from Prism.

Not sure how I feel about the Anomaly modifier. Kills for Time and Jumping Through Hoops made sense within the context of a time-limited strike run. The easter egg hunt nature of the anomaly thing makes it seem like the intent is for you to spend a run wasting time hunting around the (rather large and vandal sniper-ridden) areas looking for them so you can memorize those locations and then bee-line through them on a subsequent run, which I'm not opposed to conceptually but doesn't seem like it fits with the whole time pressure thing.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    metaghost wrote: »

So... about that...

Heh.

I'm waiting to see what Momentum is. Extra damage while moving? You build up a damage stack for sprinting for a time that decays as soon as you stop? Quick, successive kills give you a buff?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options

So... about that...

Heh.

I'm waiting to see what Momentum is. Extra damage while moving? You build up a damage stack for sprinting for a time that decays as soon as you stop? Quick, successive kills give you a buff?

I'm guessing either quick kills or movement buff you and being not-buffed makes life suck. Or you just straight-up take damage when not moving.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Raid loadout talk:

I use the same loadout and have similar ammo problems. I manage by diligently hunting for ammo when I can. Sometimes I skip a plate during damage phase to punch dogs for ammo.

• Options
    edited September 2017

It is

This week's Nightfall is just not fun. I think we tried 3 or 4 times last night and didn't manage to finish it. We could get to the boss with >10 minutes left and still end up timing out because that encounter just sucks in general and becomes truly awful under Nightfall conditions. Every time we died we'd end up respawning in electricity, at the boss' feet. If we actually managed to clear enough redbars to focus on the boss, the boss would smoke-bomb and we'd sit there eating time off the clock shooting more shanks.

This strike would work well with the time mod where you get extra time for kills. The boss fight is all add-spawns and occasionally plinking down the boss. If you could just hang in killing adds then the fact that the boss arbitrarily drags out the encounter length by disappearing for random amounts of time wouldn't be as bad.

And I guess Nightfalls without Prism are just going to suck in general. I tagged a redbar vandal with a fusion grenade and he didn't die. That is too much health on a redbar enemy. The arc exploder shanks required sinking about a clip and a half into each to explode them. I guess ridiculous enemy HP is either a bonus modifier from Attrition or else it was just not as obvious when we were getting burn bonuses from Prism.

Not sure how I feel about the Anomaly modifier. Kills for Time and Jumping Through Hoops made sense within the context of a time-limited strike run. The easter egg hunt nature of the anomaly thing makes it seem like the intent is for you to spend a run wasting time hunting around the (rather large and vandal sniper-ridden) areas looking for them so you can memorize those locations and then bee-line through them on a subsequent run, which I'm not opposed to conceptually but doesn't seem like it fits with the whole time pressure thing.

This is pretty much the ideal way to do it. Had no problem getting a bunch of anomalies (although I'm sure I still missed 1-2 in the opening area) but the problem is just the boss fight. Getting there with 10 minutes left and you still run out of time just means that the boss fight is a DPS check. If you don't have the aim, weapon loadout, or are lacking some light levels you get bent over hard.

Edit- Forgot to mention that if you happen to go into the fight short on Heavy ammo you are just boned anyways since pretty much all the adds are just super annoying redbars.

squall99x on
    oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The New Pacific (Titan set) hunter helm looks like an old GI Joe or CORPS toy that I once had. I got the ramen emblem, and some other stuff.

I think at this point I've done all the strikes available on Xbox One too, Inverted Spire was pretty long compared to the others, mostly because it's a lot of travel. Biggest problem on that strike was with the STOMP-EE5 I can (and do) kill myself just from slight height differences when I jump. And going down a lot seemed to be the point of that strike.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I find for the away team on Calus a good AR / Coldheart / Linear Fusion Rifle works out. I might flip to that Vanguard Scout next time around. The AR is nice on Skulls as a backup, I'm using a Scathlocke for this at the moment.

For ammo, I really need to remember to drop a pulse grenade on the first platform's base; by the time I come back to that area, there's almost always a pack of the dogs swarming it.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

So... about that...

The pun....wasn't intended.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Raid loadout talk:

I use the same loadout and have similar ammo problems. I manage by diligently hunting for ammo when I can. Sometimes I skip a plate during damage phase to punch dogs for ammo.
    A few times I was able to run around between plates and pick up ammo, but that was very dependent on ammo drops happening in those central areas.

My biggest moment of panic came when the final stand started, and I was sitting on three goose eggs. Luckily the game auto-refilled my reserves just in time.

• Options

It is

Not sure how I feel about the Anomaly modifier. Kills for Time and Jumping Through Hoops made sense within the context of a time-limited strike run. The easter egg hunt nature of thIe anomaly thing makes it seem like the intent is for you to spend a run wasting time hunting around the (rather large and vandal sniper-ridden) areas looking for them so you can memorize those locations and then bee-line through them on a subsequent run, which I'm not opposed to conceptually but doesn't seem like it fits with the whole time pressure thing.

This is pretty much the ideal way to do it. Had no problem getting a bunch of anomalies (although I'm sure I still missed 1-2 in the opening area) but the problem is just the boss fight. Getting there with 10 minutes left and you still run out of time just means that the boss fight is a DPS check. If you don't have the aim, weapon loadout, or are lacking some light levels you get bent over hard.

I wish it were just a DPS check instead of being so luck-dependent. Our first run last night we had by far the least time left on the clock (<5 mins on reaching the boss room) but still got the closest to killing him because he never really vanished. He'd smoke-bomb, then immediately pop back up across the map and come running so we could just DPS him down. Every subsequent run he refused to be present without a horde of other enemies. Hit him a few times and poof, gone for 45+ seconds. We tried to do the 'spot him on the wall and shoot him off' thing but none of us ever did and not focusing on the adds just fucked us.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »
    Raid loadout talk:

A few times I was able to run around between plates and pick up ammo, but that was very dependent on ammo drops happening in those central areas.

My biggest moment of panic came when the final stand started, and I was sitting on three goose eggs. Luckily the game auto-refilled my reserves just in time.
    I hit Final Stand last night with triple zeros for ammo as well. Thing to note is that he can't melee you, so feel free to super and grenade during Final Stand.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Gun talk.

I'm an auto rifle guy. As a Titan main, I'm all about mixing it up in the shit and punching alien assholes directly in their dumb faces. I get in close. In the Crucible, I've been known to be a reckless SOB. I overextend. I close to targets before they realize what's up. I'm always, ALWAYS sprinting, jumping, gliding. So traditionally, I've gravitated towards weapons that allow me to unload at close-to-medium range, and I try to pair them with something better for distance (typically, a Scout rifle, my second favorite archetype, which is kind of my go-to in Crucible).

But in D2, I haven't found an auto that I really like. When put up against Call to Serve (Scout), which handles super well and allows me to pop those super satisfying crits off in rapid succession, nothing holds a candle, and unfortunately, I've also been unlucky with my auto drops. No Uriel's Gift as of yet. No Origin Story.

Finally got Scathelocke last night, and I was excited, but it seems to kick like a truck and I'm not headshotting as consistently in PvE.

For now, PvE-wise, I'm sticking with my Call to Serve and am rotating my secondary between BabyMIDA, Coldheart Creamery and DrangMe2Hell, but I'd love some opinions from Arcadians who have had a chance to play around with stuff.

Do I simply need to wait for a Uriel's drop or an Origin Story? Will those turn me around? I'm happy to be learning to play it a little safe from distance, and I think Call to Serve will be pretty solid for boss DPS (rapid precision hits can return ammo), but I haven't really been 100% thrilled with my secondary slot and would love to try Uriel's there.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Origin Story, Sunshot and Critical Sass (Fusion Rifle). DPS and whatnot haven't been a problem for any of my Calus attempts. All our wipes have been people getting popped by psions in the shadow realm. Or missing projections.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    My gripe with the Titan flashpoint is the lack of variety in the public events. I've never not seen the walker event in the "first" area and I rarely see the hive event in the "second". Maybe just bad luck but I'm bunt out on walkers after running the flashpoint solo and then again when asked by a friend. And that's despite the time spent being rewarding loot-wise.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    i feel like the time limit on the nightfall to prevent people finding cheese spots and sniping misses the point that people did that because the nightfalls weren't fun in the first place for a lot of people

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they really needed to put another public event in the Solarium, preferably something like the Super Ogre boss from Court of Oryx.

• Options
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Gun talk.

I'm an auto rifle guy. As a Titan main, I'm all about mixing it up in the shit and punching alien assholes directly in their dumb faces. I get in close. In the Crucible, I've been known to be a reckless SOB. I overextend. I close to targets before they realize what's up. I'm always, ALWAYS sprinting, jumping, gliding. So traditionally, I've gravitated towards weapons that allow me to unload at close-to-medium range, and I try to pair them with something better for distance (typically, a Scout rifle, my second favorite archetype, which is kind of my go-to in Crucible).

But in D2, I haven't found an auto that I really like. When put up against Call to Serve (Scout), which handles super well and allows me to pop those super satisfying crits off in rapid succession, nothing holds a candle, and unfortunately, I've also been unlucky with my auto drops. No Uriel's Gift as of yet. No Origin Story.

Finally got Scathelocke last night, and I was excited, but it seems to kick like a truck and I'm not headshotting as consistently in PvE.

For now, PvE-wise, I'm sticking with my Call to Serve and am rotating my secondary between BabyMIDA, Coldheart Creamery and DrangMe2Hell, but I'd love some opinions from Arcadians who have had a chance to play around with stuff.

Do I simply need to wait for a Uriel's drop or an Origin Story? Will those turn me around? I'm happy to be learning to play it a little safe from distance, and I think Call to Serve will be pretty solid for boss DPS (rapid precision hits can return ammo), but I haven't really been 100% thrilled with my secondary slot and would love to try Uriel's there.

Origin Story is probably the most complete Auto Rifle in the game, meaning it can hold its own in both PvE and PvP. Nothing feels quite as good as Origin Story to me. If you still don't like Auto Rifles after you use Origin Story, then Auto Rifles just aren't for you in this game.

Uriel's Gift is a great secondary slot Auto Rifle. It has the same stability as Scathelock, though, so if you don't like how hard Scathelocke kicks, then I don't know.

But honestly, you should be hoping for a Hard Light to drop for your energy weapons. That is my favorite Energy Auto Rifle by a mile and probably even better than Origin Story overall.

• Options
    also i am constitutionally opposed to time limits in games because i don't like them

i'd be fine with a time limit resulting in the prestige rewards or whatever

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Origin Story is a lovely autorifle, and Uriel's is, too! I like them both quite a bit more than most I've found. Call to Serve and Uriel's is a combo I've run now and then with great success.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
This discussion has been closed.