As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] New Expansion Announced: Battle for Azeroth.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I've gotten none of the mounts yet. And the mage tower stuff is hard. I can't get past phase two in the arms one reliably. I can't never see where the archmage teleports and it's so annoying

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    The good news about arcanist manasaber is you just have to do a questline, esp. now that nightfallen rep is not a requirement. The bad news is that even without the rep requirement, quest line is LONG. And there are still, "stop and do some missions" or "do 10 world quests to continue" BS occasionally.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I have been on with6 travel for two of the weeks Argus has been out so i feel like i still have a lot to get done
    - get the last two rares i haven't looked yet
    - get that chest achievement
    - farm another 1600 eyes so for the toy and pet
    - get more mounts/pets. So far have 2 colors of Blistermaw, 1 flyer mount, one flyer pet
    - get all invasion bosses remaining
    - get characters other than my main through the storyline

Then back to leveling alts in between once a week raid.

steam_sig.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Man, I'm already sick of Argus. At this point, I'm not even sure how they are gonna keep us excited for the new raid + dead time until the next expac. I'm sure I'm just a little over it all after being in since the beginning, but I'm not sure how they expect to retain subs.

The same way they always do. Excitement for the next expansion. Which is pretty much guaranteed to be announced almost at the exact same time the new raid comes out.

Except this time there might be some post raid story put out as a small patch, and then before you know it there is the expansion prepatch where some fun is infused before the expansion hits.

But mostly hype. Blizzcon is soon and its going to be hype central for WoW.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Yet another grueling night at Heroic Fallen Avatar (this would be our first rekill). Managed to kill him, though got to bench a couple of players. Such is life.

Tomorrow KJ all day, to see if we can finally get that out of the way.

KJ's pretty tough, although we got him in about the same number of pulls as we got Fallen Avatar. If you can get everyone in your raid to use a Vantus Rune it helps a lot, 3% increased damage/healing and 1.5% less damage taken definitely makes a difference.

man over in the SE++ guild I don't remember how many attempts heroic avatar took us, not more than 30 I think, but it took us something like 120 or 130 attempts on heroic KJ before our first kill, which was the week before 7.3 dropped. I think that's a record for our guild.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    I'm rather fond of Legion really. Its the first expac where I did some actual raiding (Heroic EM, and normal Nighthold) for the Balance of power quest (Which I REALLY hope they make an account wide achieve soon, redoing it was killing me for awhile. Even though NH id easier now, it can still feel like a slog). And i'm gonna have to raid Antorus if I want my pally to be called the Lightbringer. (and what pally toon wouldn't want that name?)

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Not such luck. Mainly for having to PuG, got a 6% try wasted because the pug stood on the middle and there was a huge patch on p3, and the rest was a series of dumb Armaggedon wipes.

Next week is another go I guess.

TryCatcher on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    They finally nerfed the shadow priest T21 on the PTR. I never even got around to giving it a try. In all honesty though, it is still extremely generous. They basically removed the dots from the crit bonus so you couldn't start getting the insane insanity gen from the talent. Now you just get super insane burst damage deep into void form.

PMAvers
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Yet another grueling night at Heroic Fallen Avatar (this would be our first rekill). Managed to kill him, though got to bench a couple of players. Such is life.

Tomorrow KJ all day, to see if we can finally get that out of the way.

KJ's pretty tough, although we got him in about the same number of pulls as we got Fallen Avatar. If you can get everyone in your raid to use a Vantus Rune it helps a lot, 3% increased damage/healing and 1.5% less damage taken definitely makes a difference.

man over in the SE++ guild I don't remember how many attempts heroic avatar took us, not more than 30 I think, but it took us something like 120 or 130 attempts on heroic KJ before our first kill, which was the week before 7.3 dropped. I think that's a record for our guild.

Right around the time I started running ToS with my guild was when they picked up after like a month of hiatus due to injuries and travel. They'd been working on Avatar before and basically started over from scratch.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I thought sisters was our 100 wipe boss, but apparently we're just shy of 80 wipes on them. I'm guessing Mistress will be the boss to hit the big 100.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

Not sure how I feel about this... Also I've pretty much already given all of my mobile game love to Fire Emblem Heroes so I don't know if I have more for another game :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Smrtnik
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Not sure how I feel about this... Also I've pretty much already given all of my mobile game love to Fire Emblem Heroes so I don't know if I have more for another game :P

Calling it now: Next WoW Xpac is an RTS.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Calling it now: Next WoW Xpac is an RTS.

absolutely 0% chance that this job posting would be for the next xpac

probably not even the one after IMO

H3KnucklesSmrtnikBullheadNobodyHalfmexBucketman
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    yeah the next xpac will be over half done at this point, I'd wager

H3Knuckles3cl1ps3SmrtnikHalfmexHallowedFaithBucketman
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    It's a brand new RTS IP now that StarCraft is dumb and WarCraft is an MMO.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Well specifically it's a mobile game (the listing asks for mobile development experience). I'm assuming some kind of bite sized RTS, most likely using an existing franchise. I'm just not sure how fun that would actually be

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    H3Knuckles
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hey @PROX who would be most effective to tag on twitter to talk about the Beast Mastery T21 4 piece bonus? It's so weak that sims and testing have staying in 4 piece T20 outperforming it until you can get Mythic T21, so it could use a buff or a rework.

Also SV's T21 2 piece and 4 piece are both really weird? Like, the optimal rotation for SV right now never hits Raptor Strike.

From the subreddit: an alternate name for 7.3

qzYt09Z.jpg

Bucketman
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I fully expect Clash of Clans with WoW stuff if they push anything.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    Mass augunite farming got Shaman near the full list, today Vorunn is up on the US at the moment of this writing and asked a guy on a demon farm group for a portal so:
    afw544hvlt8a.jpg
    And done with that.

crimsoncoyoteH3Knuckles3cl1ps3NobodyTransporterBucketman
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I think at that point, it's a sword equipping an elf.

H3KnucklesSmrtnikDhalphirBrainleechNobodyBucketman
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Donnicton wrote: »

Yeah, that was something that always kind of bugged me about my BElf Paladin girl back when I was playing. Kinda wished the weapons scaled more reasonably (not realistic, just not quite so crazy). I really liked how she looked with the polearm you got for a class quest at Level 20, and wished there were more options like that.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Brainleech
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Yeah, that was something that always kind of bugged me about my BElf Paladin girl back when I was playing. Kinda wished the weapons scaled more reasonably (not realistic, just not quite so crazy). I really liked how she looked with the polearm you got for a class quest at Level 20, and wished there were more options like that.

They only increased the size like that a couple patches ago, their weapons have always been tiny before that.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Huh? I could've sworn there were a bunch of high level 2H weapons that looked crazy out-sized for BE's back when I was playing one (BC-Cataclysm).

Edit: Now that you mention it I do remember some 2H Swords looking more like 1H's though... Hrm. Maybe I'm conflating a character of another race?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    huge weapons are basically the only good thing about bloofs

edited September 2017
    Huh? I could've sworn there were a bunch of high level 2H weapons that looked crazy out-sized for BE's back when I was playing one (BC-Cataclysm).

Edit: Now that you mention it I do remember some 2H Swords looking more like 1H's though... Hrm. Maybe I'm conflating a character of another race?

You're thinking of human females.

445497-thunderfury-blessed-blade-of-the-windseeker.jpg

Dhalphir on
    huge weapons are basically the only good thing about bloofs

arcane torrent says hello

166884.jpg

i don't care about your boring minmaxer answer

I got the BM boots and a mount from an Army of Light rep box last night. I would describe that as a pretty good rep box.

SmrtnikH3Knuckles
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    hahaha eu op my ass they went down to the aussies!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

They used to be for blood elves then in one of the patches in legion they "fixed it"

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I opened a nightfallen Cache and got the Magic carpet mount.

So finally the caches are starting to piss trickle their rewards to me. That leaves 6 more mounts and two toys.

3cl1ps3Bucketman
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Lost another healer to ToS last night. "Be back next expansion." lol.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    edited October 2017

Yeah, that tends to happen, but ToS's attrition rates are brutal. Too much "one person screws up and is a wipe" mechanics IMO.

TryCatcher on
    3cl1ps3Kai_San

Yeah, that tends to happen, but ToS's attrition rates are brutal. Too much "one person screws up and is a wipe" mechanics IMO.

Also the same mechanics in every damn fight. Tomb of Soakgeras.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's even worse on Mythic. Kil'jaeden is probably the worst example, as I think a lot of his mechanics shouldn't have shown up on Heroic.

YL9WnCY.png
    So eu and na both lose out to aipac teams. And then a 3-0 is stopped by some weird rez glitch that gifted team marsy life... hinky.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    3cl1ps3
    turns out the bug that aided team marsy has to do with the observer getting aggro and preventing the group from rezzing, so directly a bug caused by someone in the wow staff that benefited the eventual winners. Majorly hinky.

Especially since I don't believe that happened at any other time in the competition.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    3cl1ps3
    So, the dev team had an interview on Forbes about the M+ Invitational. Important bit:
    Q: What changes are still to come?

Morgan Day: Another thing that we are looking into fixing -- maybe not so much as a result of MDI, but it definitely put it under a microscope -- was combat [resurrections] and how they work in mythic plus. We have a system for combat rezzes in raids that keeps track of how many people you have, and almost is like a shared resource in raids.

We discussed, hey, we’ve already got that solution in raids, is this something that we should explore for our mythic plus dungeons? Because, as you saw, there’s a lot of teams that will bring three or four or -- I think I saw a team in the group that all five members had a combat rez. That is so much powerful utility.

We’ve fixed this in raids. Maybe we should fix this in dungeons as well. That’s a thing we’re talking about potentially fixing, obviously not for this weekend, but maybe, if we do another MDI, for the next one we’ll try to get that fixed for that.

Yeah, that's a big issue isn't it? Problem is, given that Blizz dev team still thinks that insane damage is the way to make things challenging (see: the Seat +17 on the Invitational), then when they remove battle rezes, just like in Tomb, the meta will move straight to classes with inmunities in order to deal with it.

3cl1ps3Preacher
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    immunities are mostly way less flexible though

and also yeah, insane damage is mostly how you make stuff difficult

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.