As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What If...You Read This Thread?

124»

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So no one's mentioned JLA: The Nail?

It's an Elseworlds tale (outside regular DC continuity) that proposes a "What If the Kents hadn't found Kal-El?"

The title comes from a poem:
    For want of a nail the shoe was lost,
    for want of a shoe the horse was lost,
    for want of a horse the knight was lost,
    for want of a knight the battle was lost.
    So it was a kingdom was lost - all for want of a nail.

The nail in question pops the Kents' tire while they're going to investigate the spaceship crash. They decide to give up on the investigation, etc.

And basically everything is horrible without Superman, which is pretty depressing.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Another nail fixed it though.

graizur on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    At least Batman gets a steady girlfriend out of the deal.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Was there ever a "What If?" where Spider-Man joined Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters? He'd have fit right in, being feared and hated, and it'd have given him a chance to indulge in the scientific pursuits he hasn't had the time for as a solo hero.

They kind of did that back in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. He grew the extra arms and he went there seeking help. The X-Men were like "we only help natural born mutants, GTFO".

yeah, the x-men talk a smooth game about peace and equality, but generally if you're not a mutant they're a big pack of dicks

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Was there ever a "What If?" where Spider-Man joined Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters? He'd have fit right in, being feared and hated, and it'd have given him a chance to indulge in the scientific pursuits he hasn't had the time for as a solo hero.

And hey, a different hot redhead.

There was a What If? later on where his powers were more spidery, and he had a kid that was basically half-spider and could grow extra spider arms. Pete sent him off to the School at the end of the issue.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I had a great idea for "What if the Hulk started the Fantastic Four?" Basically Bruce gets Betty to let him onto her father's military base so he can test a gamma bomb. The kid he saves...whose name I can't remember, for some reason...would be there too, and Bruce's She-Hulk cousin.

HE'S RICK JONES, BITCH

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I kept thinking 'Snapper Carr' because I was seeing Rick and him facing off from the old Versus series.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png