As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Elki Honorary Poll [chat]

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i've decided that if bongo were a human being he'd be the criminal who shouts OH NO!!! ITS DA BAT when batman smashes through a window

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Donnicton wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I wish demons were real and I could be a demon hunter. All my dream jobs are imaginary.

HELLO FELLOW FORUMERS

LETS ALL PLAY A GAME OF

TELL ME WHAT YOUR DREAM JOB WAS AS A CHILD

Geologist, becuz rocks is wot shiny n all :crackle:

What's your opinion on Bismuth?

I could stare at the rainbow colored ones all day.

Also my stomach has thanked Bismuth more than once.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I wanted to do theater and my parents were like "so you want to starve?"

Now i'm a teacher and all my friends that did theater have theater jobs.

Welp.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Kid Atomika's ambitions and how her parents destroyed them:

- Paleontologist: "Enjoy being poor all your life, kid, we won't help you out."
    - Dentist: "Have you seen your hands? Nobody wants you all up in their face."
    - Film Director: "What, so you can work with queers all day?"
    - Make-Up/FX Artist: "Are you queer now?"
    - Artist: "No. Not in my house. Get that queer shit out of here."
    - Drummer: "Hell no. Talk about a total waste of time. Music is for antisocial losers without friends."
    - Writer: "*sign* . . . . I guess if you're going to be a failure, it's better than you being in film."
    - Lawyer: "I'd be so embarrassed of you, hanging around all those douchebag Jews."
    - Film Director (second time, when I actually went to school): "We will never, ever support this, visit you where you live, or see anything you make. You're going fail and then you'll be right back here begging us for help."

And that's how Atomika grew up to become a nurse.

I guess growing up around constant awful criticism gave you the skills to

1) handle people at their worst moments in the ER with aplomb
    2) be critical as fuck of movies

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    A batman is an officer's personal servant.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    ... am I the only one that see's the person with panties for their avatar in the healthcare thread?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Idk my younger days kind of sucked

I was closeted and miserable, my parents had a lot of problems, both of my brothers went crazy, one of them was a drug addict

I guess being a little kid was fun though

yeah, shit like 1st grade teacher, childhood street, dream job as a child, favorite food as a kid, first concert you ever attended...

Like, unless your current life is fucking amazing, all of those things just seem so innocent, wonderful, and far away.

Man sometimes I get jealous of normal childhoods.

Trust me your life doesn't have to be amazing I order to make looking back on young childhood painful, you just have to have a fucked up enough childhood.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I wish demons were real and I could be a demon hunter. All my dream jobs are imaginary.

HELLO FELLOW FORUMERS

LETS ALL PLAY A GAME OF

TELL ME WHAT YOUR DREAM JOB WAS AS A CHILD

novelist lol

Chronologically by age:

Scientist
    Writer
    Computer scientist
    Lawyer
    Professor
    Literally anything

hey that kinda matches mine

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

- Drummer: "Hell no. Talk about a total waste of time. Music is for antisocial losers without friends."
    - Writer: "*sign* . . . . I guess if you're going to be a failure, it's better than you being in film."
    - Lawyer: "I'd be so embarrassed of you, hanging around all those douchebag Jews."
    - Film Director (second time, when I actually went to school): "We will never, ever support this, visit you where you live, or see anything you make. You're going fail and then you'll be right back here begging us for help."

:bro:

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    ... am I the only one that see's the person with panties for their avatar in the healthcare thread?

no yeah they're there

I had to click their profile to make sure, I was on mobile reading and could not believe my eyes

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    edited September 2017

no yeah they're there

I had to click their profile to make sure, I was on mobile reading and could not believe my eyes

I'm not really an expert on this, thank goodness, but they don't look like normal panties.

If you know what I'm saying (the less gross way).

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    VhvqApJ.jpg

I'm pretty sure the molecule on the bottom left is very very bad and I want nothing to do with it.

Im dumb what is this.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Those look fancy.

And now the healthcare thread is blue, damnit I fell for bowen's trap.

I sometimes wish we could hide threads, but I can see that being an issue too. Or maybe we can and I dunno where the button is.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    they are very lacy panties so it's kinda hard to tell at first

so much frill

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Those look fancy.

And now the healthcare thread is blue, damnit I fell for bowen's trap.

I sometimes wish we could hide threads, but I can see that being an issue too. Or maybe we can and I dunno where the button is.

@urahonky made a greasemonkey script for hiding them

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    had a nightmare last night where i bought a 2002 Corolla for like 18k which is about 17k more than what a 2002 Corolla is worth and also while i'm still paying off my current car loan and then the corolla got spray painted meaning i'd have to sink money into a new paint job just to sell it at a huge loss and also i had to move to another state with both cars some how

most frightening dream i've ever had

never been more relived to wake up and realize it wasn't real, but still just too realistic

Shit shit the drugs aren't working.

Errr I mean that's an interesting dream.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

D:D:D:

...your parents...

Sometimes I write shit like that down and realize I'm doing pretty good just to be alive

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Yeah, my parents weren't nearly as hostile as Atomika's, but I sympathize.

I wanted to be a Paleontologist and my dad's attitude was basically, "No, you can't make money doing that."

I wanted to be a writer and no one, and I mean no one wanted to read anything I wrote.

I look back and realize my passive nature when it comes to success may have resulted from no one giving a shit if I succeeded or not instead of the personal failing of laziness. I mean, my life is my own, I am responsible for the choices I make, but it sure would have been nice if someone had believed in me at some point.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    They're also not being worn by anything, so...they're just panties?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    the worst part is that i just traded in my old 2004 corolla last year and was so happy to be rid of it, WHY WOULD I BUY ANOTHER COROLLA THATS EVEN OLDER

Arch,
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    F7VgHNf.png

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    not seeing the problem with the panties.

Is there a problem?

Other than I have never seen someone wear a pair with three bows and that much frill before.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    VhvqApJ.jpg

I'm pretty sure the molecule on the bottom left is very very bad and I want nothing to do with it.

yo dawg we heard u like nitrogen

(turns out nitrogen does not like other nitrogens tho)

Nitrogen.. loves other nitrogens?

it's when it's mixed with oxygens in unstable ways that it becomes unhappy.

look everything I know about chemistry I learned from reading "Stuff I Won't Work With"

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Maybe you just time traveled to 2002 while informing all your creditors' past selves who were confused as all hell but apparently you were going to pay them so they didn't say shit.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

no yeah they're there

I'm not really an expert on this, thank goodness, but they don't look like normal panties.

no they look like old timey 80s sexy panties or maybe like... a child's panties?????? it's just a vaguely unsettling image

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options

...your parents...

Sometimes I write shit like that down and realize I'm doing pretty good just to be alive

You think that's bad, what about the time that <Seth MacFarlane thing>

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if my parents ever expressed opinions one way or the other on what I wanted to do. They provided a lot of encouragement for whatever I wanted, really.

And now I have a very similar job to my dad in the exact same field, although I am more science-y and he is more analyst-y

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I don't see it

• Options
    not seeing the problem with the panties.

Is there a problem?

Other than I have never seen someone wear a pair with three bows and that much frill before.

it would only be a problem if they were anime panties

Arch,
  • Options
    *sigh*

ex's adrenal tumor is back, per today's CT scan

they think it's benign, but they'll probably have to do surgery and send it out to pathology

:sad:

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Sometimes a pair of panties are just a pair of panties, people.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

...your parents...

You think that's bad, what about the time that <Seth MacFarlane thing>

bish you made me laugh aloud

• Options

no yeah they're there

no they look like old timey 80s sexy panties or maybe like... a child's panties?????? it's just a vaguely unsettling image

Yeah I was going with a little kid's panties.

Just overall creepy weird.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

Well that came out of left field. I feel like this should have reared its ugly head somewhere earlier in that list.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvX6blHZnSY

@credeiki I carried as Vi (8/1/8, 5 dragons, herald, lots of towers) and made a dumb video with my favorite teamfight

warning: I think it might be a bit loud? Haven't really used editing software before

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    VhvqApJ.jpg

yo dawg we heard u like nitrogen

(turns out nitrogen does not like other nitrogens tho)

Nitrogen.. loves other nitrogens?

it's when it's mixed with oxygens in unstable ways that it becomes unhappy.

look everything I know about chemistry I learned from reading "Stuff I Won't Work With"

It could be super unstable a lot, based on compounds, I'm mostly just thinking that elemental nitrogen is rare because it likes to form N2

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    My dad barely acknowledged my existence, any conversations were pointless. My mom did not have high expectations. Just do something after school.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    my parents were super supportive of me trying things without being overbearing helicopter parents.

so, like, that doesn't work all the time either.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    rBvDv8J.png

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvX6blHZnSY

@credeiki I carried as Vi (8/1/8, 5 dragons, herald, lots of towers) and made a dumb video with my favorite teamfight

warning: I think it might be a bit loud? Haven't really used editing software before

...my stupid linux browser won't play the video...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
This discussion has been closed.