As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Third Expansion Announced - End of Dragons! We're going to Cantha!

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    quanTify has finished benchmarking various raid dps builds for PoF

As usual, raid golem tests are not indicative of how a build plays across all modes of game play (eg, I've had more than a few condi mirages and condi renegades wipe the group using their teleport and leap skills without considering the effects of Social Awkardness effects), player skill makes a bigger difference given that most of these numbers are all pretty close compared to older benchmarks (where you had many dps builds below 30k), and tweaking builds for specific fights is a core tenet of high end content but it's a good starting point to see what makes different builds tick.

Things of particular note:

A lot of classes now have great dps build options. We all knew about Firebrand, people generally had good feedback for Scourge, the few people actually trying it seemed to like the boost Renegade had but condi Soulbeast has also turned out really well, Holosmith is actually putting out respectable numbers even surpassing condi engineer, and D/D deadeye is not entirely terrible, just not great compared to the competition. I was expecting it to be way below staff daredevil.

Also, my build for Scourge turned out to be really, really close to what qT settled on after testing in regards to not using f4 for damage and not using nightmare/trapper runes. I might need to make one of you make some Runes of the Renegade once i get some more eyes of Kormir.

Unfortunately, it looks like Power Holosmith is 1. Still ridiculously complicated and still probably has a harder rotation than anything else in the game except Condigineer and 2. Isn't even as useful or strong as vanilla condigineer. The biggest shame is that pieces of the Holosmith spec are ALMOST good at being a replacement for Tools on the Condigineer by way of SO MUCH BURNING + Prime Light Beam, which was always where our condition damage came from... except that Holoforge locks us out of other shit for so long (5 full seconds!) and the skills it has aren't really that good for condi :\

IF you could use Kits while Forge was up, Condismith could become a MONSTER, albeit one that is still playing Goddamned Mozart. But the kit disabling means that if you tried this, you'd have five whole seconds where you basically *can't do anything useful*.

*edit* Also, from what I'm looking at? Condigineer may actually have *more burst* than PowerSmith, even though it's a condition build which usually takes time to ramp up. This is by virtue of Flamethrower Toolbelt + Pistol 4 + Gunk from switching to Mortar via Streamlined Kits + Flamethrower 4 + Bomb 2 = OH GOD, THE BURNING STACKS. If you are lucky and good, you CAN potentially land 25 stacks of burning with your initial burst, plus a ton of bleeding, poison, confusion, etc. That is A LOT of damage VERY FAST. Unfortunately, luck is a huuuge part of that, because this works best on things that are HOLDING FUCKING STILL. Even so, the PowerSmith ALSO relies on things holding still, and just... idk it's sad that you have to do almost as much work and yet you get less burst than "Hi It's Mozart But On Fire Time Kids"

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    quanTify has finished benchmarking various raid dps builds for PoF

As usual, raid golem tests are not indicative of how a build plays across all modes of game play (eg, I've had more than a few condi mirages and condi renegades wipe the group using their teleport and leap skills without considering the effects of Social Awkardness effects), player skill makes a bigger difference given that most of these numbers are all pretty close compared to older benchmarks (where you had many dps builds below 30k), and tweaking builds for specific fights is a core tenet of high end content but it's a good starting point to see what makes different builds tick.

Things of particular note:

A lot of classes now have great dps build options. We all knew about Firebrand, people generally had good feedback for Scourge, the few people actually trying it seemed to like the boost Renegade had but condi Soulbeast has also turned out really well, Holosmith is actually putting out respectable numbers even surpassing condi engineer, and D/D deadeye is not entirely terrible, just not great compared to the competition. I was expecting it to be way below staff daredevil.

Also, my build for Scourge turned out to be really, really close to what qT settled on after testing in regards to not using f4 for damage and not using nightmare/trapper runes. I might need to make one of you make some Runes of the Renegade once i get some more eyes of Kormir.

Unfortunately, it looks like Power Holosmith is 1. Still ridiculously complicated and still probably has a harder rotation than anything else in the game except Condigineer and 2. Isn't even as useful or strong as vanilla condigineer. The biggest shame is that pieces of the Holosmith spec are ALMOST good at being a replacement for Tools on the Condigineer by way of SO MUCH BURNING + Prime Light Beam, which was always where our condition damage came from... except that Holoforge locks us out of other shit for so long (5 full seconds!) and the skills it has aren't really that good for condi :\

IF you could use Kits while Forge was up, Condismith could become a MONSTER, albeit one that is still playing Goddamned Mozart. But the kit disabling means that if you tried this, you'd have five whole seconds where you basically *can't do anything useful*.

*edit* Also, from what I'm looking at? Condigineer may actually have *more burst* than PowerSmith, even though it's a condition build which usually takes time to ramp up. This is by virtue of Flamethrower Toolbelt + Pistol 4 + Gunk from switching to Mortar via Streamlined Kits + Flamethrower 4 + Bomb 2 = OH GOD, THE BURNING STACKS. If you are lucky and good, you CAN potentially land 25 stacks of burning with your initial burst, plus a ton of bleeding, poison, confusion, etc. That is A LOT of damage VERY FAST. Unfortunately, luck is a huuuge part of that, because this works best on things that are HOLDING FUCKING STILL. Even so, the PowerSmith ALSO relies on things holding still, and just... idk it's sad that you have to do almost as much work and yet you get less burst than "Hi It's Mozart But On Fire Time Kids"

The written rotation for holosmith is 29 steps and without the frequent dipping in and out of bomb kit the old power engineer rotation had. That's more than some builds (all thief builds, condi soul beast, mirage off the top of my head) but less than both power and condi guardian builds, tempest builds, scourge builds, and presumably easier than the weaver build where the writer is still struggling putting words to screen. It's also noticeably an actual rotation and not the priority list condi engineer uses. Whether swapping into bomb and grenade kit occasionally is more or less troublesome than swapping weapons on other classes at the right time or eating a cooldown is going to vary player to player.

And I'm pretty sure part of the whole photon forge not playing nicely with kits is to prevent the situation you theorize where continuing to have to play piano is required for optimal play. Quad kit engineer was a play style a lot of people didn't enjoy and making it mutually exclusive with holosmith lets photon forge's power get boosted enough for lesser kit dependent builds to be strong without letting quad kit blow through the roof and people's carpals.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I checked out the condi rev build on that site and I think it's exactly what @The Deranged Hermit put together in his theorycraft as far as the traits go. :)

I'm nowhere near the gear it requires, but for questing I'm still using Jalis/Mallyx. Though to be honest I've not really given Kalla a serious try.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I checked out the condi rev build on that site and I think it's exactly what @The Deranged Hermit put together in his theorycraft as far as the traits go. :)

I'm nowhere near the gear it requires, but for questing I'm still using Jalis/Mallyx. Though to be honest I've not really given Kalla a serious try.

I'm kind of in the same boat. The more I look at the qT stuff, the more it's centred around raiding, so that makes sense. I also really want to do more raiding though...

I've only done the one and it was fun.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying the game much more just completely checking out of the Meta. If that means I can't join raids or a certain level of fractal, that's just gonna have to be ok. The main reason I came over to GW2 from WoW was because of the flat gear, lack of addons, and a focus on exploration vs. gitting gud, but that's really changed a lot since raids came in (legendary armor didn't help much). The exploration aspect of PoF is a wonderful return, but they're clearly still balancing for folks to shoot for Ascy gear and certain builds.

This isn't really apropos of anything. I'm still digging the crap outta PoF. I just hope it doesn't intensify when the first new raid is introduced (and I'm not totally convinced a two or more difficulty system would work here but maybe).

• Options
    LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular

I'm kind of in the same boat. The more I look at the qT stuff, the more it's centred around raiding, so that makes sense. I also really want to do more raiding though...

I've only done the one and it was fun.

Most training/learning raids will expect you to be using one of the meta builds, so always good to have in the back of your head.

Glad Soulbeast has given Condi Ranger a revival - was my usual go to where I was worried about Lea getting squished! For ele, looks like Power Weaver on Gors and KC (though that rotation makes my brain hurt) and Condi Weaver on pretty much everything else.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying the game much more just completely checking out of the Meta. If that means I can't join raids or a certain level of fractal, that's just gonna have to be ok. The main reason I came over to GW2 from WoW was because of the flat gear, lack of addons, and a focus on exploration vs. gitting gud, but that's really changed a lot since raids came in (legendary armor didn't help much). The exploration aspect of PoF is a wonderful return, but they're clearly still balancing for folks to shoot for Ascy gear and certain builds.

This isn't really apropos of anything. I'm still digging the crap outta PoF. I just hope it doesn't intensify when the first new raid is introduced (and I'm not totally convinced a two or more difficulty system would work here but maybe).

I don't think that ascended gear is such a far goal that it's beyond the reach of the average player. If you just wander around and gather everything that falls in front of your path you'll eventually have all the raw materials you need. Changing the stats on your armor isn't terrible either if you later want to try something new. And to be honest, some of the veteran packs I've run across in PoF are much deadlier than what I've found in T1 fractals. I think the distinction between hard core raider and casual in this game is a much smaller gap than in any other MMO I've played so far, and based mostly on the individual player's perception.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    But last night I had no points to acquire and needed some. Full xp bar so i couldn't quest and such without hamstringing myself.

The XP needs in PoF are vastly lower than in HoT. For every mastery I was swimming in XP and just needed the points to fill it out, or to open up a new mount to have something to spend it on. By the time I got the griffon I had enough XP for every other mastery. I'm now done with all of them, zero grinding and not even done with map completion yet.

Full disclosure, I used every XP boost imaginable but it was probably overkill. Mastery points were the only limiting factor and they open up like crazy after you get a couple mounts to 3.

TL;DR: No need to worry about wasting XP you'll get way more than you need.

• Options

Make no mistake: Player skill and knowledge still vastly out trumps meta builds and gear and there's always been a push by the game to git gud in that department. Every few weeks a raid group puts out a video of a kill using something silly like 10 hammer guardians, 10 thieves dual wielding Quip, 10 players using all green gear, or something else as a display of how much more important knowing fight mechanics and class mechanics is over raw numbers from gear. It's really the less hardcore players that harp about Meta builds, composition, and gear (outside of fractals where you do need a certain level of AR on gear to survive though then I've helped carry a few folks that got instantly downed) because without having a regular crew of experienced players to draw on, the casual raider needs every advantage they can get to push the odds in their favor in case someone in the PuG turns out to not do so well. The more hardcore and experience raiders tend to be more relaxed about such things.

I would argue that raids actually made the meta more flexible. I can't recall anyone running a healing support builds really being a thing in PvE before raids. If you weren't running a full zerker glass cannon build in the days dungeons were the high end, you were a laughing stock. Condition damage builds were considered too slow at killing things to use (though a lot of changes helped beyond the implementation of raids but those changes came with HoT likely in preparation of raids). If you were a necro period, you were a laughing stock. Now I see healing eles, reverents, rangers (obviously), and now guardians in tier 4 fractals fairly often.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options

I don't think that ascended gear is such a far goal that it's beyond the reach of the average player. If you just wander around and gather everything that falls in front of your path you'll eventually have all the raw materials you need. Changing the stats on your armor isn't terrible either if you later want to try something new. And to be honest, some of the veteran packs I've run across in PoF are much deadlier than what I've found in T1 fractals. I think the distinction between hard core raider and casual in this game is a much smaller gap than in any other MMO I've played so far, and based mostly on the individual player's perception.

Even if you did nothing but your dailies and one Tequatl kill per day you'd still have enough liquid cash to buy the materials to make an ascended armor or weapon within 10 days to 20 days depending on what type of equipment it is. Material prices in general have fallen hard since PoF came out and people started dumping money to get a griffon.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

Even if you did nothing but your dailies and one Tequatl kill per day you'd still have enough liquid cash to buy the materials to make an ascended armor or weapon within 10 days to 20 days depending on what type of equipment it is. Material prices in general have fallen hard since PoF came out and people started dumping money to get a griffon.

Yep! I will probably just buy what I need to finish crafting the last 3 pieces of ascended armor instead of trying to do it myself. I've burned through most of the materials I had, and prices aren't terribly bad right now.

Tulabelle on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    The only time I've ever 'chased' an item was when I decided I wanted to build Kudzu. Honestly, that made me quit the game twice due to the grind. Now I just play the game at my own pace, and I get gear when I get gear.

The result so far is I have three characters with ascended trinkets thanks to Laurels, my main has an Ascended back piece (made very easy by the last LWS2 zone - a few days of harvesting oysters), I'm working on a second set of ascended trinkets for my main for a condi build. I'm working on getting some other Ascended weapons from specialisation collections (which you get for just playing the game, really), and I'm starting to eye off what's needed to craft ascended weapons and armour because, well, there's not much else to spend the money on now aside from a nice Griffon.

Basically, play at your own pace and you'll end up with Ascended gear anyway. You won't get it as fast as the more hardcore players, but the game now is geared to push people there anyway. The only way it gets hard is if you sell all of those materials you get, but even then you'll be swimming in gold to buy the required materials anyway.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Backpieces are actually a great place to go with Ascended gear, after laurel purchases fill out what they can. There's a multitude of backpieces available and many are part of somewhat fun collection achievements and are rather affordable. Mawdrey and The Wayfarer's Henge come to mind in particular.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Gripefest.

Its cool that Anet want alternate progression vs 80+. neat. But last night I had no points to acquire and needed some. Full xp bar so i couldn't quest and such without hamstringing myself. None of the in the world points were attainable with my mounts.

Have a lovely guildmate Mesmer me to a few. Attain new mount. suddenly easily awarded and attainable 10+ points. WTF? hows about we spread those out.

Whats the new crafting mats for? Nothing in game has mentioned them and they dont deposit into the wallet? Theres not a new tier right?

Theres a lot of mastery points in the story and achievements for the story. You can easily get them without needing to be portaled to mastery points, mesmers just make everything easier. :p

Dulfy has a guide for map mastery points up broken down by mount and mastery needed.

More than enough on Crystal Oasis to get to where you need for the next mount when combined with story quest masteries. More than enough in Desert Highlands for the next.

Also a bunch of easy ones technically not map points in the guide (eg, djinn riddles/duels).

Figures I'd see that link a day late, after trying for over half an hour to get the Tomb of Primeval Kings mastery point without the fancy special mount.

On the flip side: I was not denied! And it feels really good to have conquered a puzzle that had bits tweaked to be just out of reach for raptors and springers. Your tricks and invisibles walls cannot stop me!

Dizzen on
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Hey folks, heads up regarding the qtfy builds they're pretty heavily ele biased this time around so exercise caution. Folks in my discord the other night were mentioning their numbers on guardian, engi, soulbeast, scourge, berserker and daredevil are way off cause they don't wanna properly gear them. Mirage and ele are close, but Condi ele is supposedly a lot higher on small targets.

naengwen on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    h'ok. Story talk behind spoilers. Im only to chpter 4
    how is meade standing. she spoke with her god only to learn she wont help and o by the way all the gods are leaving you. "We OUT". you deal with your own problems. How is human PC standing? Your gods have abandoned you to primal dragons that are stroinger than them and a Rougue War god. :D "No go search the desert and maybe you can win or something." Thanks a full pantload kormir! Have fun wherever you gods are going to vacation.

Was hard to logout without plowing through more story yesterday.

Any interest in doing A wvwv night next week? Monday monday monday?

We should make it our buisness to give them the buisness. Go break stuff.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I'm going on vacation for a few weeks, but I'll be wvwing when I get back I suspect.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    -Loki- wrote: »
    The only time I've ever 'chased' an item was when I decided I wanted to build Kudzu. Honestly, that made me quit the game twice due to the grind. Now I just play the game at my own pace, and I get gear when I get gear.

The result so far is I have three characters with ascended trinkets thanks to Laurels, my main has an Ascended back piece (made very easy by the last LWS2 zone - a few days of harvesting oysters), I'm working on a second set of ascended trinkets for my main for a condi build. I'm working on getting some other Ascended weapons from specialisation collections (which you get for just playing the game, really), and I'm starting to eye off what's needed to craft ascended weapons and armour because, well, there's not much else to spend the money on now aside from a nice Griffon.

Basically, play at your own pace and you'll end up with Ascended gear anyway. You won't get it as fast as the more hardcore players, but the game now is geared to push people there anyway. The only way it gets hard is if you sell all of those materials you get, but even then you'll be swimming in gold to buy the required materials anyway.

Yeah I started doing this too and I have way more fun. I just have way too many other games I want to play to devote the time to going after legendaries and stuff, so instead I play when I feel like it and let materials pile up. I already have some overflowing out of my bank so I imagine eventually I'll have enough to make some ascended stuff. I have no goals I'm working towards really, other than perhaps map completion or collections. It's my putter around relaxing game.

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    how is meade standing. she spoke with her god only to learn she wont help and o by the way all the gods are leaving you. "We OUT". you deal with your own problems. How is human PC standing? Your gods have abandoned you to primal dragons that are stroinger than them and a Rougue War god. :D "No go search the desert and maybe you can win or something." Thanks a full pantload kormir! Have fun wherever you gods are going to vacation.

Gods are basically like, "Look, guys, we're like bulls in a china shop. Every time we do something directly, the world gets kind of more messed up. We saw Tyria and thought we could make it better. We kind of did, but mostly didn't. So after Abbadon, we decided not to touch anything, or at least we put on padded gloves. Then Abbadon came back again anyway and messed more things up. And mortals showed off that, hey, maybe they can take care of themselves for the most part? So, of course, the dragons start to wake up. To remove the temptation to enter the china shop again and cause even more damage, we vote to leave in a way where we can't be tempted. Balthazar disagrees and we lock him up. And now he's been freed and wreaks havoc.

Basically, we can't trust ourselves to show restraint when the world we love is being destroyed, cause if we act we'll probably just break even more."

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Gods are basically like, "Look, guys, we're like bulls in a china shop. Every time we do something directly, the world gets kind of more messed up. We saw Tyria and thought we could make it better. We kind of did, but mostly didn't. So after Abbadon, we decided not to touch anything, or at least we put on padded gloves. Then Abbadon came back again anyway and messed more things up. And mortals showed off that, hey, maybe they can take care of themselves for the most part? So, of course, the dragons start to wake up. To remove the temptation to enter the china shop again and cause even more damage, we vote to leave in a way where we can't be tempted. Balthazar disagrees and we lock him up. And now he's been freed and wreaks havoc.

Basically, we can't trust ourselves to show restraint when the world we love is being destroyed, cause if we act we'll probably just break even more."

I am also up to that same chapter.
    So far, we've seen the Charr's gods turn out to be shit, and now the Human gods are just as shit.

The Norn's spirits were good, but they couldn't stand up to dragons, which is why we don't have an Owl spirit anymore.

The Sylvari discovered that the tree they worshipped was just a dragon turd that got shined up all nice.

As much as I dislike them, it looks like the Asura were the only race that hasn't been existentially crushed because they worshipped science instead of gods.

But I agree with Mojo... Kasmeer just *looked* at Balthazar for a few seconds, and was so shook that she abandoned her love, and had to take a few episodes off. Now she just has a conversation with one, and she's just all "oh well, I'm gonna wait at the temple while you guys do stuff."

It doesn't mesh.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    It was more because of uncertainty.

She was shaken that one of her gods had finally returned and was just a power mad asshole who couldn't care less about what was happening to humanity. It could have very well meant that Balthazar was on a mission the other gods wanted done. So when she finally learned from Kormir that Balthazar was imprisoned by the gods and they want his ass kicked as much as we do it finally put her mind at ease.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    It was more because of uncertainty.

She was shook that one of her gods had finally returned and just a power mad asshole who couldn't care less about what was happening to humanity. It could have very well meant that Balthazar was on a mission the other gods wanted done. So when she finally learned from Kormir that Balthazar was imprisoned by the gods and they want his ass kicked as much as we do it finally put her mind at ease.
    Not just that, but having time to come to terms with the Balthazar situation prepared her for the encounter with Kormir. She was intimidated by it, yes, but Kormir is kind of the "approachable" god since she used to be human. Kas definitely has a minute there where she's like, no, please come fix all this for us, but Kormir is like, look, I was a mortal once and I fixed shit, now you do it. Yes, Kas got used to that idea very quickly, but when your god says "go do a thing", you do it. Even if that thing is "I'm done being your god, go fix your own shit, you have our blessings, you have the ability, seeya!". Not only that but accomplishing the impossible has become kind of our thing, we killed 2 elder dragons. So her series of reactions is a bit compressed for plot purposes but I don't think it's completely out of line.

• Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Some of us were hanging out while we waited for Tequatl to spawn, and we struck upon something interesting.

You see, PUG groups for fractals are famously a hot garbage fire. Rarely are they fun, and usually they're just sad. No one likes these groups. Everyone hates these experiences. PUG fractal groups might as well go eat worms.

So let's change that. Let's give everyone in NICE a chance to have a fun fractal experience and get access to the ascended gear we all want, never mind the mad cash that can be made doing those micro dungeons.

Starting tonight, everyone who wants to do fractals in a calm group where you can ask questions and learn mechanics should log in or hang out after the Tequatl/Daily reset. As we gauge interest and manage expectations, these groups will fire off on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after the swamp dragon dies. Someone will make the call in guild chat, and we'll start forming groups. If we're undermanned, we'll grab some randos, and kick the ones that bring any toxicity.

Ideally we'll make sure each group (if more than one) has a member who knows the tier fairly well, and we'll form groups based on their ranking and agony resistance. As we get this going, we'll be knocking out the lower tiers, so people like myself with a low fractal rank might want to speak up and no agony resistance.

VOIP/Teamspeak will not be required, but will be used if folks want to.

So! Get your daily fractals done right away, earn riches and fame, get ascended gear.

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday around 5:30p Pacific (8:30p Eastern). Or as soon as Tequatl is downed.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    That is usually about the time I get home from work, so I am definitely interested with my 0 agony resistance.

Edit: I think you mean 5:30p Pacific?

Tulabelle on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    As someone who just drained their bank to get the secret mount I'd love to! But I work evenings Wednesdays and Fridays so I'd only be able to join on Mondays.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    As someone who just drained their bank to get the secret mount I'd love to! But I work evenings Wednesdays and Fridays so I'd only be able to join on Mondays.

We will move or expand this event as necessary, if we want to go mon/tue/wed, that's fine.

• Options

We will move or expand this event as necessary, if we want to go mon/tue/wed, that's fine.

I work evenings Tuesday through Saturday so I wouldn't be on when most people are. It's fine as long as it is happening on at least one day I'm free. Which it is with the current schedule so I'm good.

Speaking of guild events, any plans to capture the new guild hall?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    fljdlfjdf

WELL

Thanks to the generosity of one of our guild members who I shall not name but to whom I am ridiculously grateful, I now have Path of Fire.

MOUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

It may be a few days before I actually start playing it, mind, but nonetheless. MOUNTS.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I mostly just avoid fractals because they involve jump puzzles and I fail at jump puzzles.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I mostly just avoid fractals because they involve jump puzzles and I fail at jump puzzles.

Only a few of them do, and if you struggle you'll be with friends to help you.

So that's a silly reason, come fractal.

I mean this only in the kindest way.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    Tulabelle wrote: »
    That is usually about the time I get home from work, so I am definitely interested with my 0 agony resistance.

Edit: I think you mean 5:30p Pacific?

I very much do, I just moved across the county, and need still haven't got sorted.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    It has been made clear to me that a nonzero number of our guildies are DC/MD/VA (DE/PA) folk.

Please let me know what time between NOW and OCTOBER 27 that you might be able to make it out to MONTGOMERY COUNTY, MD, for...

~MEATTOBERFEST~

(A celebration of meat*, beer**, cheese, food, and friendship)

* if you are vegetarian or vegan, this includes vegetable meat. as far as I'm concerned, veggie meat is still meat. Also, I don't eat pork, so if you bring any, eat it yourself

** or other alcohols. or none. designated drivers are always wonderful! and tbh not only do I not judge you for not imbibing, you're a stronger person than me.

Further details to be provided via PM as I'm not comfortable posting my hometown or address in a semi-public forum (aka, if you're interested, please PM me)

**edit**

Of further note, if you need information before you commit:

1. We're not precisely Metro-accessible, BUT, people can easily drive out to either Shady Grove or Glenmont (we are about 15 min from each) to get you, and if there remain no sober drivers to take you, we'll happily call you a cab. The only caveat is that Metro service ends at midnight.

2. @Kylindra, @Geod , @naengwen , and Rharg whose forum name I cannot recall can vouch that I am not a serial killer as they have met me IRL

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    If i could stick my hand up for a guild invite, that'd be lovely - i'm The Zombie Penguin.6379

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    I would love to do fractals. But that's too early for me. :(

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    spool32 wrote: »
    Project update!

I completed my ascended warhorn, The North Wind!

I'm just a few items away from completing TWO Mawdreys... one for me, one for Belasco.

I have my Gift of the Raven Spirit for Legendary Nevermore!!!

I need the following things:

Gift of Nevermore
    Gift of Energy: All the non-crystalline dust.
    Gift of the Mists: complete the last two sections of the Gift of Battle reward track, buy enough Memories of Battle for the Gift of War.

Gift of Maguuma Mastery

Gift of Maguuma: two hero points in DS and about half of Tangled Depths.
    Gift of Insights: Itzel and Nuhock masteries 4 and 5, and ley line gliding. This will take a long time because it needs about 50 more mastery points and I only have 15.

Hubris

Well I learned that I shouldn't read wikis late at night because I missed some very important things. Let's do an update! We'll call this "The Shock of Realization" edition:

To Craft Nevermore, I need the following:

Gift of Nevermore
    Gift of Energy: All the non-crystalline dust.
    Gift of the Mists: complete the last two sections of the Gift of Battle reward track, buy enough Memories of Battle for the Gift of War.

Gift of Maguuma Mastery
    Gift of Maguuma: about half of Tangled Depths.
    Gift of Insights: Itzel and Nuhock masteries 4 through 6. To complete this I need 45 additional mastery points.
    A Bloodstone Shard
    250 Crystalline Ingots (these need a Fulgurite, an Amalgamated Gemstone, an ecto, and a Crystalline Ore each)

Mystic Tribute (omg how did I miss this aaaaaaaaaa omg omg)
    Gifts of Condensed Might & Magic: I have less than 45 of the top tier item for any of these Gifts (Blood, Bones, Claws, Fangs, Dust, Scales, Totems, Venom). Additionally I'll need another entire set of dust over and above what the Gift of Energy needs.
    47 Mystic Clovers
    4 Mystic Coins

omg

Here we go, Nevermore update! This is comprehensive and includes what I've completed. :)
    The Raven Staff - Complete!
    This Ascended staff, along with the Gift of the Raven Spirit, is the output of the four-stage precursor process. It is itself a huge undertaking...

Gift of Nevermore
    Gift of the Mists
    • Gift of War - Complete!
    • Gift of Battle - Complete!
    • Gift of Glory - Complete!
    • Cube of Stabilized Energy - This needs a Ball of Dark Energy, which means I need to either grind fractals for ascended trinkets that I trash over and over until one pops out, or I have to craft my own ascended weapon and burn it for the 100% chance. Any other suggestions are VERY welcome.
    100 Icy Runestones - Complete!
    Gift of the Raven Spirit - Complete! (this and the Raven Staff are created in the 4-stage Precursor process)
    Gift of Energy: 250/250 Crystalline (T6), 250/250 Incandescent (T5), 133/250 Luminous (T4), 39/250 Radiant (T3)

Gift of Maguuma Mastery
    Gift of Maguuma - Complete!
    This needs you to 100% the four Maguuma maps
    • Gift of the Fleet - Complete!
    • Gift of Tarir - Complete!
    • Gift of the Chak - Complete!
    • Gift of the Jungle - Complete!
    Gift of Insights (94 of 112 req mastery points)
    • Gift of the Exalted - Complete!
    • Gift of Gliding - Complete!
    • Gift of the Nuhock - Need masteries 4-6
    • Gift of the Itzel - need mastery 6
    A Bloodstone Shard
    250 Crystalline Ingots (these need a Fulgurite, an Amalgamated Gemstone, an ecto, and a Crystalline Ore each)

Mystic Tribute
    Gift of Condensed Might
    • Gift of Claws - 17/100 Vicious (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Scales - 49/100 Armored (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Bones - 71/100 Ancient (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Fangs - 58/100 Vicious (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    Gift of Condensed Magic
    • Gift of Blood - 47/100 Powerful (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Venom - 84/100 Powerful (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Totems - 32/100 Elaborate (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Dust - 20/100 Crystalline (T6), 89/250 Incandescent (T5), 0/50 Luminous (T4), 0/50 Radiant (T3)
    37/77 Mystic Clovers
    250/250 Mystic Coins - Complete!

OK, update time! I've completed two Itzel masteries, added some more clovers, and more T6 items for the Gifts of Might & Magic.
    This Ascended staff, along with the Gift of the Raven Spirit, is the output of the four-stage precursor process. It is itself a huge undertaking...

Gift of Nevermore
    Gift of the Mists
    • Cube of Stabilized Energy - This needs a Ball of Dark Energy, which means I need to either grind fractals for ascended trinkets that I trash over and over until one pops out, or I have to craft my own ascended weapon and burn it for the 100% chance. Any other suggestions are VERY welcome.
    Gift of the Raven Spirit - Complete! (this and the Raven Staff are created in the 4-stage Precursor process)
    Gift of Energy: 250/250 Crystalline (T6), 250/250 Incandescent (T5), 133/250 Luminous (T4), 39/250 Radiant (T3)

Gift of Maguuma Mastery
    Gift of Insights (94 of 112 req mastery points)
    • Gift of the Nuhock - Need masteries 4-6
    • Gift of the Itzel - need mastery 6
    A Bloodstone Shard

Mystic Tribute
    Gift of Condensed Might
    • Gift of Claws - 17/100 Vicious (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Scales - 49/100 Armored (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Bones - 71/100 Ancient (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Fangs - 58/100 Vicious (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    Gift of Condensed Magic
    • Gift of Blood - 47/100 Powerful (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Venom - 84/100 Powerful (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Totems - 32/100 Elaborate (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Dust - 20/100 Crystalline (T6), 89/250 Incandescent (T5), 0/50 Luminous (T4), 0/50 Radiant (T3)
    37/77 Mystic Clovers

Time for another update on the Nevermore Project! I elected to use much of my dust to complete the Gift of Dust, leaving me woefully short for the Gift of Energy. Many new successes though!

Gift of Nevermore
    Gift of the Mists
    Gift of Energy: 164/250 Crystalline (T6), 124/250 Incandescent (T5), 84/250 Luminous (T4), 30/250 Radiant (T3)

Gift of Maguuma Mastery
    Gift of Insights (103 of 112 req mastery points)
    • Gift of the Nuhock - Need masteries 5-6
    • Gift of the Itzel - Complete!
    A Bloodstone Shard

Mystic Tribute
    Gift of Condensed Might
    • Gift of Claws - 30/100 Vicious (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Scales - 70/100 Armored (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Bones - Complete!
    • Gift of Fangs - Complete!
    Gift of Condensed Magic
    • Gift of Blood - 46/100 Powerful (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Venom - Complete!
    • Gift of Totems - 37/100 Elaborate (T6), (T5), (T4), (T3)
    • Gift of Dust - Complete!
    37/77 Mystic Clovers

spool32 on
  • Options

What times work for you?

• Options

What times work for you?

I normally get on later than most- usually I'm not online until about 9pm Pacific or later.

• Options
    The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    Good call on the newbie-frac-pack. We need more bodies for the T4FracGod.

But folks, don't feel the need to stick this schedule, or that if you're not on at these times you can't learn fractals. Throw a message in guild chat "any one want to do some low level fractals" "anyone free to show a newbie how some fractals work" and so on. Often there will be people who will tag along.

There are often lots of people willing to do content but they're all waiting for someone else to start it. This can easily be seen with dungeons too, the LFG tool for them is empty 90% of the time, throw a group up and it usually fills within a minute or two because people are looking for groups but not starting them.
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Only a few of them do, and if you struggle you'll be with friends to help you.

So that's a silly reason, come fractal.

I mean this only in the kindest way.

Yeah, off the top of my head there is jumping in uncatagorised, and a bit in chaos and that's it? I guess you need to do a bit of jumping at the start of swamp to get past vines but that's not really a "falling down" jump puzzle (and after all these years I still forget where the right climb spots are).

If you don't like a specific fractal skip it. I've run a hojillion fractals, but there are still ones that I prefer not to do as I find some aspect of them annoying. As each fractal level is set to a certain level now you can skip ones you don't like entirely and still increase your personal fractal level. You'll only need to do them once if you want the "do all the frac levels" achievements.

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463