As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the following wrestling thread is scheduled for one fall...

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    it was posted at 8 eastern

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    And if Nakamura wins the title I’d rather people actually be in the arenas for it. Hopefully his reign would get fans to come back.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I am very mad how worked I got with the whole Enzo thing.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Heel Jack Gallagher is great.

• Options
    SDL was good though, hope next weeks is as well for my swan song.

• Options
    Enzo is great at heel trash talking. This is great.

• Options
    Ok I just finished 205 live. Heel Enzo works SO MUCH BETTER than face Enzo

• Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    I am very mad how worked I got with the whole Enzo thing.

Same. I assumed they were gonna keep him a babyface, because it was the safe option. What he has done since has been great and refreshing though.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

OK this is now a pretty bad trend.

But I don’t see how firing Road Dogg is the solution.

These pictures are the essence of diminishing returns for me, in that the more I see them the less I think "oh man, that's not great" and the more I respond "okay cool we get it already you don't have to take pictures every week".

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

wait

what

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »

wait

what

205 live is great. Skip Raw, maybe watch Smackdown but definetly watch 205 live.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

wait

what

The Brian Kendrick is a bastard man

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I honestly think a Sami Zayn/Modern Neville tag team would be the greatest thing in professional wrestling right now

Sami as the good good boy who has been trying so hard but keeps getting left in the dust, and Neville as the jaded badass who has realized he was a bit of a prick and wants to reconnect with the good things in his life and be a decent guy again

Just imagine a Blue Thunder Bomb into a Red Arrow

So is this combo called the Blue Arrow, the Red Thunder Bomb, or something totally different?

Purple Reign.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that would be Velveteen Dream and Roman.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    If the entire cruiserweight division is disqualified from challenging for the title...then this is Kallisto's chance! Transfer into the division now and he'll be the #1 contender by default!

I provided the perfect setup for a "Default? Woo-hoo! The two sweetest words in the English language!" Simpsons quote, and you all blew it.

I'm very disappointed.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Look...what if this whole "Enzo no contact clause" thing results in 30 days going by with no title defenses so Kurt Angle publicly strips him of his title and announces some sort of Cruiserweight tournament to crown a new champion?

• Options
    I still don’t think it’s guaranteed the Shield fight Miztourage at TLC. I can see WWE putting Team BAR and maybe even Strowman with them.

Or maybe go apeshit and have the Shield fight both groups in an actual TLC match.

• Options
    Besides what else can you do right now with the TLC gimmick since the Hardy’s are out till next year.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I knew that wasn't Taker the second he got to the ring in less than 60 seconds.

• Options
    I’m looking forward to seeing how much I get on camera tonight. I think I was sitting where Gargano was during his MYC cameo.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Look...what if this whole "Enzo no contact clause" thing results in 30 days going by with no title defenses so Kurt Angle publicly strips him of his title and announces some sort of Cruiserweight tournament to crown a new champion?

Could be a way to debut Lio Rush

• Options
    edited September 2017
    The last professional wrestling match I'll see live before my deployment is Austin Theory vs Sal Rinauro.

I'd say that's pretty good.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oh cool, I actually really like ChrisM.

Also, got this survey in my email, not sure if y'all have seen this. This was part of one of the first questions, they were asking what kind of programming would you like to see added to the network and you ranked 1-5 or not interested:
    wwenetworksurvey1.png
    wwenetworksurvey2.png
    wwenetworksurvey3.png

They also asked what kind of stuff would you want to see them add to a premium price tier if they did that and it included stuff like custom playlists, alternate soundtracks, special offers for VIP tickets and things, early notice of ticket sales and merchandise sales, and sweepstakes entries.

• Options
    Here’s the full card for Starrcade
    WWE Championship Steel Cage Match: Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
    SmackDown Women’s Championship Steel Cage Match: Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair
    United States Championship Triple Threat Match: AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin vs. Rusev
    SmackDown Tag Team Championship Texas Tornado Match: The New Day vs. The Usos
    Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. The Rock ‘N Roll Express
    Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens
    Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler
    Breezango vs. Aiden English & Mike Kanellis

Allegedly it won’t be aired live on the Network.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So no Goldust after all then

• Options
    So no Goldust after all then

Unless it’s a surprise appearance, no.

• Options
    Chris Jericho on Vince McMahon’s work ethic: “There’s nothing that he would ask you to do that he wouldn’t do himself. We were in Orlando doing a show, I had to do press in New York early in the morning. He had me come on his private jet, we flew from Orlando to New York, had some drinks, listened to some tunes, had a great time, landed at 4:30, both drunk. He goes, ‘What are you doing?’ I was going home to pass out because I had to get up at 6:30 for press. He goes, ‘I’m going to the gym, come with me.’ I’m like, ‘I’m not going to the gym at 4:30, what’s wrong with you?’ He’s like, ‘I have to go to work.’ ‘So do I.’ And I get a text when I wake up the next morning at 6:30, super-hungover feeling like crap, from my 72-year-old boss who’s bench-pressing 275 pounds giving me the finger… That’s him, he just works, and it rubs off on you.

Vince is fucking bonkers

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Just finished this week's Smackdown, and I keep forgetting about the reigning top trading stock on the Osaka Finisher Index: the Apron Powerbomb.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    RIP Oney Lorcan.

• Options
    This Roderick Strong promo is painful

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    This Roderick Strong promo is painful

So it's a typical Roderick Strong promo then?

• Options
    Yep, they edited the part where Aichner nearly killed himself.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Kyle O'Reilly looks like a dude who should be playing a small-time criminal on Breaking Bad.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Please let me know when Kyle O'Reilly is in a position where I can yell "Bite the hand, Kyle!!" at the tv.

• Options
    Drew vs Roddy next week is really fuckin good

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Chris Jericho on Vince McMahon’s work ethic: “There’s nothing that he would ask you to do that he wouldn’t do himself. We were in Orlando doing a show, I had to do press in New York early in the morning. He had me come on his private jet, we flew from Orlando to New York, had some drinks, listened to some tunes, had a great time, landed at 4:30, both drunk. He goes, ‘What are you doing?’ I was going home to pass out because I had to get up at 6:30 for press. He goes, ‘I’m going to the gym, come with me.’ I’m like, ‘I’m not going to the gym at 4:30, what’s wrong with you?’ He’s like, ‘I have to go to work.’ ‘So do I.’ And I get a text when I wake up the next morning at 6:30, super-hungover feeling like crap, from my 72-year-old boss who’s bench-pressing 275 pounds giving me the finger… That’s him, he just works, and it rubs off on you.

Vince is fucking bonkers

I love that he was giving Chris the finger while benching.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    WWE signed Johnny Moss as a PC trainer

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Ugh, Daniel Bryan tweeting teases about returning to the ring. Fortunately most of the responses are of the "No don't do it you crazy mofo please don't die in the ring."

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Ugh, Daniel Bryan tweeting teases about returning to the ring. Fortunately most of the responses are of the "No don't do it you crazy mofo please don't die in the ring."

Yeah, he was talking about it on Brie's instagram stream earlier, he's growing his hair out and he says he wants to do hair vs. mask/hair matches in Mexico.

This discussion has been closed.